Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
    Laurie, take no notice of Nad, she's just jealous

Sooooo good to see you bouncing back.... although your ultra-ebullient mood is starting to worry me Just how many of those pumpkin cupcakes have you eaten?
    Hey, I'm just trying to be in a good mood....boy what is with all you grumpies.....I'm trying to turn my mood around - and that is without the help of any cupcakes - thank you!....... Besides, I'm not going to bake them until tonight and then freeze them tomorrow. I won't sample .......more than maybe one! ....oh and crumbs!
    sigpic

Comment

Most memorable part of the interview was the midwifery director giving me the squinty stare for the first ten minutes before she broke down and asked my age. After which I got the "No!" and "Good for YOU!" Never ceases to crack me up. Though I suspect it's going to catch up with me soon enough.

Their labor and delivery is so nice. 5 labor rooms and TWO triage beds. ~ 750 births per year, from what I have been led to believe. Sure beats our 8,000! (We have 11 labor rooms (we need abotu twice that) and 7 triage rooms.)

Trying to have a productive day off. Ran this morning, interview, food shopping. A few more errands to go then I am tucking up with The Little Princes. Seriously the most engaging work of non-fiction I have read to date. I'm alternating between goosebumps and bawling my eyes out. I HIGHLY recommend it.
      sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
        Hey.....you want me to get caught! That isn't very nice....what gives! I thought we are all about getting away with things! Oh course nothing toooooo serious, just fun things!
        Oh, trust me. I don't want you to get caught by 'them', I want you to get caught by 'us'. Prefferably with moving images!
        It's about sharing the experience, really...
        Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
        Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
          Oh, trust me. I don't want you to get caught by 'them', I want you to get caught by 'us'. Prefferably with moving images!
          Hmmmm .....Nope, don't want to be caught be anyone who isn't enjoying the experience with me (plus it will give me leverage). Not many left in my family of older age and the "youngins" don't care, they just want to join in. So, feeling very secure in the PNW with no methods of getting (that type of) information back your way.

And as for Jumble......Feel secure with her......she loves to get into trouble more than me and doesn't want to be caught either so Just have to keep feeding her cupcakes and give her wine to swig it down with!

Say Jumble - before you leave here, would you mind if I looked through your camera for (ah incriminating) pictures!
          sigpic

Comment

Hey, I'm just trying to be in a good mood....boy what is with all you grumpies.....I'm trying to turn my mood around - and that is without the help of any cupcakes - thank you!....... Besides, I'm not going to bake them until tonight and then freeze them tomorrow. I won't sample .......more than maybe one! ....oh and crumbs!
            Hey, I'm not being grumpy - I told you to ignore the grumpy one

Oh, and you really must sample the goods, just to make sure they're ok

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
            *checks packing list*

Camera - check
            Charger - check
            Padlock - check

Hmmmm .....Nope, don't want to be caught be anyone who isn't enjoying the experience with me (plus it will give me leverage). Not many left in my family of older age and the "youngins" don't care, they just want to join in. So, feeling very secure in the PNW with no methods of getting (that type of) information back your way.

And as for Jumble......Feel secure with her......she loves to get into trouble more than me and doesn't want to be caught either so Just have to keep feeding her cupcakes and give her wine to swig it down with!
            Depends what sort of 'trouble' you're talking about

Edit: Oh what the heck! You only live once, right? I guess I'm up for anything you can think of

*looks around for Martin*

Um.... I'm a good girl really - you know that don't you?

Say Jumble - before you leave here, would you mind if I looked through your camera for (ah incriminating) pictures!
            Oh no you don't! That's what the padlock is for

Comment

Laurie, aren't you supposed to be outside playing??
              sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
                Laurie, aren't you supposed to be outside playing??
                She's gone

Look out Seattle

Comment

Ah Laurie, good to see you sounding more upbeat and tackloing life and all it's cruddyness with the right attitude. *huggles*
                  Although I have to comment...

So Jumble, shall we make are fellow woohoos a little jealous....shall we tell them some of the things we have lined up to do for the 8 or so days you are here....like:
                  Nah... not going to be making me jealous any time soon. I've just spent the weekend driving this around:

(click for bigger)

And yes, the first time I kicked it down I did, literally, let out a little "wooohooo!" with delight. Dammit that thing really is an orgasm on wheels.

A helicopter ride around the city and surrounding landscapes including a beautiful and very full Snohomish waterfall. Or are overnight to Vancouver Island, Canada to see Butchart Gardens and tour the town for some fun. Of course, there is always some homemade brownies - chocolate or pumpkin. Or our tour into Pike's Market and old town. I hear there is a ghost tour we can take as well. Just some of the fun of the PNW!
                  And, of course, some good old fashion "Woohoo" talk as well. Lots of that and wine....oh yes, wine goes very well with "Woohoo" talk!
                  Although... that all sounds rather awesome so I might be a teeny tinsy bit jealous!

Originally posted by wine_buyer View Post
                  Anywhoo, Char stared work today, dad is feeling good (still waiting to find out if they will do surgery yet) and I am almost entirely healed so all in all a pretty good day.

*huggles everyone for everything*

That's all pretty awesomely good too. Positive vibes to your dad for a date for surgery.

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
                  Their labor and delivery is so nice. 5 labor rooms and TWO triage beds. ~ 750 births per year, from what I have been led to believe. Sure beats our 8,000! (We have 11 labor rooms (we need abotu twice that) and 7 triage rooms.)
                  Here's hoping you get all the necessary paperwork done and dusted and can start. Sounds pretty great.

So my weekend went ok. The car was....ah well I won't lie, it was AWESOME! I mean truely, honestly, beyond anything you could imagine driving awesome. yes, I did kick it down a few times and it gave a throaty roar and just launched. Gah, I'm not even a petrol head! As to the rest of the weekend, pretty great actually. I had the better elements of my hubby's family there so we all had a great time. The cottage was great, the village was wonderful, the weather... hmm, not so. The scattering went well (and, actually the rain helped because it meant nobody was around) but it was too wet and windy to hang out too long, which suited me fine; we did it and went and nobody got a mouthful of ash which was the important thing. As with all these things, the anticipation was worse than the actual act; I'd been dreading it - felt like I wasn't really ready for that step so glad it was ok and I wasn't a wreck. And nothing is done without a huge dollop of humour in my family.
                  There's more piccies of facebook for anyone who has me as a friend on there. There's some video of me driving too but, umm, I'm not sharing that anywhere remotely public on account of the fact I'd probably lose my licence if anyone official-like clocked the speedo.

I'm going to try and catch up with your antics over the next few days but a massively busy week for me this week so will try my best. *huggles woohoos*
                  sigpic

Comment

Hey Cags, pardon my ignorance.....but what is that hot car you are driving!

I know a hot car when I see one........even if I don't know what it is!

When I first learned to drive my Dad had a 55 T-bird. Bench seat, no rear seat, hard removable top, white with red interior. Hot hot car! That car was oh so hot and to be 16-17 and drive that (on rare occasions). One day I'll have to tell you.....hmmmmm.... or not. After all I was only 16-17 at the time and in high school. Really didn't get into "trouble" at that time in life. Only dreamed about it! Oh well, it still made for great rememberances.

Also, why aren't you in bed yet?

I just came back and looked to see that no one was here.
                    An empty playground....hmmmmm
                    Last edited by llp; 09 May 2011, 06:06 PM.
                    sigpic

Comment

Sanctuary has received 17 nominations in this years Leo Awards :

Best Dramatic Series
                      Sanctuary
                      Damian Kindler, Amanda Tapping, Martin Wood, Alan McCullough, Lily Hui, James Thorpe, Lee Wilson, George Horie, Gillian Horvath - Producers

Best Direction in a Dramatic Series
                      Steven A. Adelson - Sanctuary - Vigilante

Best Screenwriting in a Dramatic Series
                      Damian Kindler - Sanctuary - Breach
                      James Thorpe - Sanctuary - For King and Country

Best Cinematography in a Dramatic Series
                      Gordon Verheul - Sanctuary - For King and Country

Best Picture Editing in a Dramatic Series
                      Gordon Rempel - Sanctuary - Breach
                      Eric Hill - Sanctuary - For King and Country

Best Overall Sound in a Dramatic Series
                      Jean Tejkel, Kevin Sands, Hugo de le Certa, Kevin Belen - Sanctuary - Kali 3
                      Jean Tejkel, Kevin Sands, Hugo de le Certa, Kevin Belen - Sanctuary - Breach

Best Costume Design in a Dramatic Series
                      Christina McQuarrie - Sanctuary - For King and Country

Best Visual Effects in a Dramatic Series
                      Lee Wilson, Lisa Sepp-Wilson, Les Quinn, Colin Ebbeson, Lionel Lim - Sanctuary - Kali 3
                      Lee Wilson, Sebastien Bergeron, Les Quinn, Lionel Lim - Sanctuary - Hollow Men

Best Stunt Coordination in a Dramatic Series
                      Marshall Virtue, Roy Hayter - Sanctuary - Breach

Best Guest Performance by a Male in a Dramatic Series
                      Ian Tracey - Sanctuary - For King and Country

Best Supporting Performance by a Male in a Dramatic Series
                      Ryan Robbins - Sanctuary - Animus

Best Lead Performance by a Male in a Dramatic Series
                      Robin Dunne - Sanctuary - Vigilante

Best Lead Performance by a Female in a Dramatic Series
                      Amanda Tapping - Sanctuary - Breach

Comment

Always knew 17 was a lucky number!!!

Well done Sanctuary
                        sigpic Martin Rocks!!

Comment

Originally posted by clairec007 View Post
                          Always knew 17 was a lucky number!!!

Well done Sanctuary
                          No directing award for Martin though

Comment

WooHoooood! Cags! Glad the week-end went well *hugs*

Can't say that I find any car orgasmic though

*thinks*

Just how comfy was the back seat?

And I cannot believe my baby is 23 years old today

Comment

Laurie, it's good to see you feeling brighter. *hugs*

Cags. I'm glad the weeekend went as well as it could. That car! I'd be jealous but it's better that you had it!

Jumble Poor Martin. But that is an impressive amount of awards and Martin is a huge part of the reason why they have so many!

And... happy birthday to your "baby" *hugs*

Oma - good luck with your move!

Hopefully the oven will get fixed today. I have to say, we miss it. Especially since most of the food we have left requires the oven! Roll on this afternoon/evening for the Mr Repair Man to turn up.
                              sigpic
                              Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Congrats to SANCTUARY!!!! (though I don't agree too much with Will as Best Lead Performance by a Male )

*huggles Martin*

and happy b-day Suz
                                sigpic
                                My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Working...
                                X