Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wine_buyer View Post
    Morning WooHoo's

No time for a proper catch up (as usual ). This WooHoo has been and still is sick. Spring colds are terrible.
    Anywhoo, just wanted to let you know that it is official-Char got the call this morning. She is now on her way to orientation and to pick up her uniforms. She starts Monday and she found out they are giving her a dollar more per hour than originally agreed upon and an automatic raise will come in a few months. That is good news, finally.

My dad is not doing so well. He had his second chemo on my birthday and yesterday they told him he needs another biopsy (with a scope) because they can't tell if the tumors have shrunk or not and they can't schedule surgery until they know for sure. The chemo is taking its toll on his body and moods and this made him even more depressed.

Jumble, I did manage to see the colorful Martin artwork (because it's on this page)and as usual it's wonderful.

*huggles all WooHoo's needing them*
    *hugs all otherWooHoo's anywhoo*
    Cheers for Char and hugs for you and your Dad.

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
    Ooooh you are dicing with danger there...

But yes, he was and he did and thank you for posting that snippet. I wonder what the other sci fi show he is refering to was?
    I am very glad our guys had a lot of fun and enjoyed doing what they were doing for so long. It really shows and comes across on screen too which I love. That's why they're all awesome.

*takes moment to huggle PTB*

Bree That's fab news about Char! Sorry to hear your dad is struggling with the chemo. I hope you get some good news soon and that it's doing what it should be doing. *huggles Bree and Bree's Dad... oh heck and Char as well, why not!*

Hope you're all well. I am over my bug (urgh, and it was horrible ) which is just as well because this weekend I am driving this:

(that actual one as it happens)

to here:

to scatter thi.... oh, ok, I won't actually put up a picture of my hubby's ashes...

But you get the jist. Lots of us going so it should be a fun weekend despite the occasion. Actually, with my lot you can pretty much guarantee it. I've packed an insane amount of booze in the secret compartments in my car... that's my own car (which someone else is driving) not the orgasm-on-wheels above. Bet it all gets drunk too.

*huggles woohoos*
    ((Hugs)) Thinking of you this weekend.

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
    From Twitter:

That should be interesting...........

Don't I know it - ever tried to screencap him? The number of caps I have of him with blurry hands
    MW did get a writing credit for the TV pilot of Sanctuary I believe (he had a hand in rewriting it from the web version). It will be interesting to see an ep written entirely by him. Love how the Sanctuary gang are so multi-talented. AT acting, producing and directing, DK writing and producing, MW directing, producing and writing, RD acting and taking on directing, Steve Adelson operating the camera and directing. Reminds me of a comment by BW at the recent con. When he was asked what he was most proud of in relation to Stargate, he said it was seeing people who worked for him grow and develop and take on new challenges. Sanctuary is continuing that tradition.

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
    Hey all!

Just popping by to let you know that the May edition of the Extraordinary Woman Project has been posted over in my blog. I hope you will read, and comment if you enjoy it.

Been a crazy week, but I'll be back.
    Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
    I may not say it often, MOB, but I do read and love your blog entries. I consider myself very fortunate that I grew up without a body image complex at all. Perhaps a legacy from so many brothers and being a complete boy as a child? Who knows? I really don't care about the grey hairs and the saggy bits and the lines, that's all I know; they are part of me and you get what you see (although nothing wrong with a decent pair of spanx to hold it all in from time to time ). That though, isn't always a great thing because I know I could do with losing weight and just don't have that body image motivation to make me do it. That and hiding behind the PCOS excuse doesn't help; I'm at the point where diet alone isn't going to burn off my lardybum! Still, hopefully having an allotment will help get me active in a way I enjoy (yes, I will be growing broccoli, before you ask. )

Have a fantabulous weekend everyone. Mine is likely to be exceptionally drunken (well, after the drive there anyway). I'll be sure to share the pictures when I get back.

*huggles woohoos*
    I also love reading the blog.

You may be right Cags. I have 3 brothers and most of the kids on my street were boys. I have never really had body image issues either. It also got me interested in sports. I am more concerned with being healthy than being a particular size. Hate exercise for the sake of exercise but will do it if there is a game involved or to save the environment (which is why I will walk home from work even in the cold of winter).

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by antoa View Post
      Hello Woohoos!

So it's been a hellish couple days for me.

Long story short, I tore my calf muscle (soleus muscle) at dance class on Wednesday and am on crutches. I could be on them for up to 2 months.

I am miserable, exhausted and sore from trying to get around on crutches.

And to top it all off, we just gave notice at our apartment (we found a great new place) and are moving on May 31st. I have no idea how we are going to be able to pack with me out of commission.
      Ouch! Sorry to hear that.

Originally posted by Sarai View Post
      Nothing but bad. Will give you an update as soon as I have anything good to report .

*huggles for boykid typhoons*
      Sorry to hear the news is bad. Been wondering how things have been going.

LJ
      good luck!

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post

MW did get a writing credit for the TV pilot of Sanctuary I believe (he had a hand in rewriting it from the web version). It will be interesting to see an ep written entirely by him. Love how the Sanctuary gang are so multi-talented. AT acting, producing and directing, DK writing and producing, MW directing, producing and writing, RD acting and taking on directing, Steve Adelson operating the camera and directing. Reminds me of a comment by BW at the recent con. When he was asked what he was most proud of in relation to Stargate, he said it was seeing people who worked for him grow and develop and take on new challenges. Sanctuary is continuing that tradition.

I also love reading the blog.

You may be right Cags. I have 3 brothers and most of the kids on my street were boys. I have never really had body image issues either. It also got me interested in sports. I am more concerned with being healthy than being a particular size. Hate exercise for the sake of exercise but will do it if there is a game involved or to save the environment (which is why I will walk home from work even in the cold of winter).
        Andi is like that too. She thinks it's nuts that I like to pop in some earbuds and just run. But I'm a terrible spaz at sports for the most part.

ETA: And I'm glad you enjoy the blog!
        sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Lovely sigs Jumble

And I will say hi from the Woohoos to Melissa! She is on her way now! Only a couple more hours to go
          sigpic

Comment

Hello everyone! Sorry I haven't stopped by in so long.

Congrats on all the 69's I've missed!

*hugs all the Woohoos*

*tosses out a picture and passes out on the couch*

sigpic

Comment

*squishy huggles Jas and ties her to the couch while she's passed out*

Have a fabulous day with Melissa, Jann!
              sigpic
              Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

*huggles Josi*

Can I at least get some broccoli while I'm tied down?
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post
                  Hello everyone! Sorry I haven't stopped by in so long.

Congrats on all the 69's I've missed!

*hugs all the Woohoos*

*tosses out a picture and passes out on the couch*

http://i374.photobucket.com/albums/o...tin/mwatdk.jpg
                  Ouch! I was sleeping there you know, it wood have been polite to wake me before jumping on!

*passes broccoli to Jas and goes off to watch DH*

Comment

Hey, what's a little jumping between friends.

Thanks for the broccoli. *lights up*

What's DH?
                    sigpic

Comment

Hey, what's a little jumping between friends.

Thanks for the broccoli. *lights up*

What's DH?
                      It's a typo is what it is..... I meant DW (Dr. Who)

That's what comes of being woken suddenly - it takes a while for my brain to catch up

Comment

Oh, okay. Have fun!
                        sigpic

Comment

*huggles Jas* Good to see you back in here

Just be careful with all the Woohoos...

It's like they multiplied in the time you left...like bunnies!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
                            *huggles Jas* Good to see you back in here

Just be careful with all the Woohoos...

It's like they multiplied in the time you left...like bunnies!
                            *hugs back*

I guess it's the gutter woohoo way.
                            sigpic

Comment

*hugs back*

I guess it's the gutter woohoo way.
                              It so is! We're special like that!
                              sigpic

Comment

Oh, okay. Have fun!