The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wendy

Dyslexia isn't only having issues with spelling. It also means having issues with reading and sometimes even listening. It's there in all kinds of forms.
    I have a light form in which I have issues with spelling and forming words/sentences. For me it is for example because of this impossible to learn Roman languages but I don't have that big of an issue with learning Germanic languages...although it's still difficult(as it would be for everyone)

With reading it can mean you have issues understanding sentences, can't fill in a missing word, or sometimes even need a text enlarged as happened with someone I know.

I did the dyslexia test and they tested me on the different areas and noticed that I didn't have a lot of issues with the listening, not that much in general reading, but a lot of issues with spelling and certainly if something is spelled incorrectly. (I have issues for example with text speak...don't understand it)

Still it can only help you if needed and there is nothing wrong about it IMHO. So only do it if you think it can help you. For example after they found it out with me I got extra tutoring on Highschool. This certainly helped me understanding sentences structures.

EDIT: and this post turned out to be longer than I thought it would be lol!

Nad all I can say is
    sigpic

Comment

Wendy, I agree. Taking the test won't hurt, right? If anything it could help you find out about something you didn't know before.
      Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
      Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
        Yup

*drools*

Wait...I'm talking about a different Joe

I know, but also more expensive
        Ah, but potentially a LOT more fun

I PM'ed you.

Thanks for the confidence.

That's fast...still read the PM...there is a whole lot more to it...
        Pm'ed you back

Originally posted by m_wendy_r View Post
        *hugs Bree*
        You clearly seem to get a wee bit lost, Jann. Oh my
        Kidding, of course. It's good to venture out, but come back when it gets too crazy.

I'm glad you got home safe! It's a shame I didn't get to see you *hugs*

*sniffs* Hours later, I'm home!
        *huggles*

I'm glad you got it sorted
        Only took a few minutes in the end

It's a shame you were sick. *extra huggles*

No, no potentials there. Too far away from where I live for a start. I love to commute... but not on that level all the time

I gave the bouquet to Jumble because the flowers looked lovely in her kitchen
        Indeed they do

*huggles*

It was great to see you and Jumble. Such a shame I didn't get to see Sarai and Cags, but next time!
        Oh yes! Next time! *happy dances*

I proooobably shouldn't have come home. The fence in the back garden has been blown down, the oven isn't working, and before Milo left, he trashed my bed. I have an email from my tutor that is asking me whether or not I would like a dyslexia test. Her reason for asking is because in my last assignment I had to do this reflective writing on my study skills and I mentioned that I struggled to read without skipping words. I'm just not sure that means dyslexia. I write just fine... I thought dyslexia was a spelling thing. So, should I have the test? It's not like I'm sitting here fretting, but I don't know whether I should bother taking a test and wondered what you think, would do if it were you, maybe?

The email, so you can see....
        <snip>
        Dyslexia takes many forms, and from the way she's put it she's obviously not meaning to worry you. I think if I were you I'd take the test - can't hurt can it? And if it does show up something that is making things difficult for you it wood be good to know about it and get some help IMO

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
          I'm going to say one thing about the killing Bin Laden hype thing. One and then I'll ignore it.
          And I'm spoiling it because it really is OT, even here :

Spoiler:
          IMHO, I think this whole thing is a sign of how humanity is set on seeing things one way and one way only. I have a problem with the way this is being handled. Somehow, this is a subject where one can not have opposing opinions, can not express their wish for nuances... Isn't that the very behaviour that caused all this mess in the first place?

But I really am a happy person. I am.

...and I did not initiate the Ickybah.

*goes to Ship SamShep out of pure rebellion*
          Absolutely right *hugs*

From Twitter...

@SanctuarySeries
          Now that we're back in production, each of the cast has picked a day of the week + a theme + will tweet especially for you about #Sanctuary!

Mon= @RyRobbins =#SIMH (StuckInMyHeadMondays) He'll tweet about smth cool (or funny or interesting) that's stuck in his head fr week before!

Tues= #TappingTuesday - Amanda Tapping will answer YOUR questions each Tues. Just send a message to @AmandaTapping on Tues 'til 3pm PT.

Thurs = @AgamDarshi... we're working on what this will be...stand by!!

Fri= @RobinDunne This season Robin's going to do #PhotoFriday + post a behind the scenes pic each week! That doesn't worry us at all. Nope.
          Bts pics? Are you trying to buy our love, Robin?

Of course, the RIGHT pics could do just that

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
            Wendy

Dyslexia isn't only having issues with spelling. It also means having issues with reading and sometimes even listening. It's there in all kinds of forms.
            I have a light form in which I have issues with spelling and forming words/sentences. For me it is for example because of this impossible to learn Roman languages but I don't have that big of an issue with learning Germanic languages...although it's still difficult(as it would be for everyone)

With reading it can mean you have issues understanding sentences, can't fill in a missing word, or sometimes even need a text enlarged as happened with someone I know.

I did the dyslexia test and they tested me on the different areas and noticed that I didn't have a lot of issues with the listening, not that much in general reading, but a lot of issues with spelling and certainly if something is spelled incorrectly. (I have issues for example with text speak...don't understand it)

Still it can only help you if needed and there is nothing wrong about it IMHO. So only do it if you think it can help you. For example after they found it out with me I got extra tutoring on Highschool. This certainly helped me understanding sentences structures.

EDIT: and this post turned out to be longer than I thought it would be lol!

Nad all I can say is
            I honestly thought Dyslexia was mostly about spelling (maybe because that's the one you hear about?). I didn't even think anything of that problem with skipping words, which may sound a bit weird since I mentioned it in my assignment. But I mentioned it because it asked me how I studied, and I had to mention it because the things I do now are because of that and I just started finding other ways to read. Ie... writing out sentences instead of just reading them. I'd say it out loud but I feel stupid reading out loud to myself...

I'm glad you got extra help. I knew someone years ago who had Dyslexia who said she never got help.

Wendy, I agree. Taking the test won't hurt, right? If anything it could help you find out about something you didn't know before.
            That's true. I was (silly way) thinking that it would be a waste of time if I'm not at all.

Thanks for your views. I think I should probably just take it though, just to find out. Like you both say, it could help?
            sigpic
            Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
              Absolutely right *hugs*

From Twitter...

Oooh! Hugs!

And I'm writing up my wishlist as we speak.

''Dear Robin, I will love you for a not specified period of time if you could deliver the following.
              1: ...''

*hugs Wendy* It's not silly to think that way!
              Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic

Comment

Ahhhh. Jumble, GW won't let me quote without adding previous quotes and I can't delete them anymore.

I think I'll take the test then. Just to find out so I don't turn it into fretting later on when I remember this. I guess it makes it more time consuming, but I didn't see it in a negative way.
                sigpic
                Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

I think he is.

This reminds me of a rather interesting dream I had the other day...in which he featured...

I honestly thought Dyslexia was mostly about spelling (maybe because that's the one you hear about?). I didn't even think anything of that problem with skipping words, which may sound a bit weird since I mentioned it in my assignment. But I mentioned it because it asked me how I studied, and I had to mention it because the things I do now are because of that and I just started finding other ways to read. Ie... writing out sentences instead of just reading them. I'd say it out loud but I feel stupid reading out loud to myself...

I'm glad you got extra help. I knew someone years ago who had Dyslexia who said she never got help.
                  Yup, it's surprisingly there in many forms. I also asked before each section of the test(I was alone with the person who tested me) why we had to do that because I only had issues with my grammar...right?

The help is really good. It can help you find out where your weaknesses are and even if the test points out you don't have it, they can perhaps help you out to see how to improve your reading as you mentioned.

sigpic

Comment

Oooh! Hugs!

And I'm writing up my wishlist as we speak.

''Dear Robin, I will love you for a not specified period of time if you could deliver the following.
                    1: ...''

*hugs Wendy* It's not silly to think that way!
                    *wants to see the rest of the wish list*

Ahhhh. Jumble, GW won't let me quote without adding previous quotes and I can't delete them anymore.

I think I'll take the test then. Just to find out so I don't turn it into fretting later on when I remember this. I guess it makes it more time consuming, but I didn't see it in a negative way.
                    I think you should - if it shows you're not, then you needn't worry about it (and knowing you, you will worry if you don't know ), and if it shows you are, you can get help to deal with it like Jann did

It's good that your tutor picked up on what you said and gave you some good advice - so many people have dyslexia all their lives and it never gets picked up on or dealt with

Comment

*high fives*

*wants to see the rest of the wish list*

''Dear Robin, I will love you for a not specified period of time if you could deliver the following. In no particular order:

1: PTB Behind the Sce... no skip that last part. PB Behind is good enough.
                      2: Actor and PTB. Or... just PTB without actor.
                      3: Rescue the recurring. Picture the ones who aren't in every episode. Start with candid JY pics. And um... contiunue down that line.
                      4: HooHah! Hair! From every possible angle please.
                      5: Tools. Lots and lots of tools. Lots and lots and lots of Martin handled yummy shiny manly... tools.
                      6: Keep your pants on!
                      ''

sigpic

Comment

*high fives*

[I]''Dear Robin, I will love you for a not specified period of time if you could deliver the following. In no particular order:

1: PTB Behind the Sce... no skip that last part. PTB Behind is good enough.
                        2: Actor and PTB. Or... just PTB without actor.
                        3: Rescue the recurring. Picture the ones who aren't in every episode. Start with candid JY pics. And um... contiunue down that line.
                        4: HooHah! Hair! From every possible angle please.
                        Especially FACIAL hair

5: Tools. Lots and lots of tools. Lots and lots and lots of Martin handled yummy shiny manly... tools.
                        6: Keep your pants on!
                        5. Sounds like you're getting a little carried away there...... but I second that request
                        6. Definitely! To quote EH-T, "That's quite enough of that!"

Comment

Originally posted by clairec007 View Post
                          Hi Guys, long time no message from me...just finished packing two very large bags of costumes for display a Chevron 7.6 this weekend (25 items)...not sure how I am going to carry them all lol.

Will be offering 4 BDU (worn by RDA,AT,MS,CJ)to be worn by attendees at Chevron for a quick photo shoot with their own camera (all donations going to S4K)

Eh-T congrats on outbidding me re the chair back...lol...at least I will have another chance to win it...will have more time to save up

Jumble, yes I was bidding on the Carter coat....but then realised that to complete the "look" I would have to wear the air force cap (which I do own with the Dress Blues) but the cap does not suit me...do did not chase/bid that much for the coat.

Jumble you now need to get 2 director chairs, one for Martin's and one for your own from set tour

ps. the thrill of owning costumes is that when watching Stargate episodes, it is great to say...yup I own that costume...makes the episode so much better to watch

Bye for now...xx
                          Was that you? We really should communicate on these things. Yes, you will have the chance to buy it later.

Good on ya for raising $ for S4K with your costume/photos. Have a lovely time.

Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
                          *runz in* Jumble, maybe I can take the "producer" chair back off your hands and pretend it was Joes....Yes, I'm pitiful.
                          You'll have to ask Joe if he ever sat in a chair marked like that (he could have in the early days).

As Jumble said, keep your eye on the auctions. They are doing a batch each week for 6 weeks I think.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Especially FACIAL hair
                            Absolutely!
                            *blinks*

Um... not to sound non feministic, but that only goes for the men. Amanda and Agam don't need to sprout facial hair.

5. Sounds like you're getting a little carried away there...... but I second that request
                            6. Definitely! To quote EH-T, "That's quite enough of that!"
                            Carried away? Nah, that's all m in line with my wishes.

And

sigpic

Comment

Absolutely!
                              *blinks*

Um... not to sound non feministic, but that only goes for the men. Amanda and Agam don't need to sprout facial hair.
                              I nearly said "Martin's not Amanda's!"

Carried away? Nah, that's all m in line with my wishes.

And
                              Mine too, but I woodn't have asked for it so blatantly

Comment

*giggles* You and your demands...if only Martin and Amanda would read this...
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X