Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
    It's ok, I put my 'real' name instead of 'Jumble' - they won't know it's me
    You sure? You really sure! I mean they checked me really thoroughly when I went to the US Although I didn't go on an ESTA but student VISA.

And time to go home! Yay!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
      You sure? You really sure! I mean they checked me really thoroughly when I went to the US Although I didn't go on an ESTA but student VISA.

And time to go home! Yay!
      Well the application came back approved pretty quickly, so I guess they didn't check too thoroughly

Going home? I'm about to go to bed Time zones

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
        Evening Woohoos

*huggles everyone but especially Laurie because she needs them right now and Cags because we haven't seen enough of her and she needs them too*
        Thanks you Josi. I do today too. 6 months to the day I've beena widow... and yes, I can finally actually say/type the word so we'll call that progress shall we.
        Anyway, feeling a bit weird like I should be marking the occasion in some way... *shrugs*

I'm feeling super proud of my dad this evening, as a piece of music he arranged for choir (an arrangement of the 'Londonderry Air') was used in a concert that was broadcast on CBC Radio 2 in Canada - linky He's had various compositions and arrangements used by choirs round the world, but I think this is the first time one of them has been broadcast.
        Oh yes you should be super proud! I love that piece of music and it was an awesome arrangement too. *huggles Josi's Dad in a woohooy way*

Originally posted by starlover View Post
        Just made, IMHO, a bit of a fool out of myself at work. I am ordering and dealing with the T-shirts for the staff for the upcoming event in San Diego, so I was asking around and from one person I didn't get an answer so I saw her today and asked...and she was like I need an large while she is pretty tiny...and I answered "are you sure, I mean I'm going for a small...(implying that I was bigger than her)" she's like yes...I answer okay and go confused but oh well...and then she sends me an e-mail that she is pregnant...that's why she needs that...Whoops I didn't know!
        oops! Oh but that's fine if she doens't look it yet. I guess the polite thing to do is send one back congratulating her on her pregnancy and telling her how awesome she looks pregnant or something equally gushing.

Yes...... green...... beautiful green eyes......

*sigh*

Indeed.

Well the application came back approved pretty quickly, so I guess they didn't check too thoroughly

Woohoo! Rock on Seattle.

Laurie *huggles* for you for tomorrow.
        sigpic

Comment

*waves*

Sitting in LAX waiting for my flight home. Had a protein bar for lunch because I just couldn't bring myself to pay $10 for a sandwich! But, coolness, I look out the window and see that I'm flying Air Colbert home! sweet!

Oh yes! I can haz June too? I got my ESTA already so the US government says I can come!

Awesome! I love how you've just taken that tut and run with it in so many fabulous ways

And woohood indeed for my Dad - I'm a proud daughter
          Color me an ignorant American, but what is an ESTA?

Originally posted by LadyGalaxyJ View Post
          *runs in*

MoB, careful with sunburns! But I'm glad you enjoyed your stay. WOOHOOD on the auction! This is fun! Do you think we'll be able to hear it when it's done?
          If you call me

It's ok, I put my 'real' name instead of 'Jumble' - they won't know it's me
          sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

*Extra squishy huggles Cags because she definitely needs it today*

MoB, an ESTA (electronic statement of travel authorisation) is the thing us non-Americans have to apply for from the Department of Homeland Security before we're allowed to travel to the States, if we're not getting a visa (ie for holidays etc). We basically have to give our passport details, date of birth etc, and answer all those questions about moral turpitude that they also ask on the green immigration forms. It's then valid for two years - the one I had ran out in January so I've just had to reapply.
            sigpic
            Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

$10 for a sarnie? That's *cough* *splutter*

Yeah, don't blame you for passing on that one. I'd chew the soles off my own shoes before paying that!

Safe journey home, MOB.

EDIT: Thanks Josi *huggles back*.

By the way, I saw the word "turpitude" and read something totally different in my head. You don't wanna know...
              sigpic

Comment

Oh and the two things I forgot to put in that post... Safe journey home, MoB and *squishy huggles Laurie* for tomorrow - will be thinking of you.
                sigpic
                Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

*Extra squishy huggles Cags because she definitely needs it today*

MoB, an ESTA (electronic statement of travel authorisation) is the thing us non-Americans have to apply for from the Department of Homeland Security before we're allowed to travel to the States, if we're not getting a visa (ie for holidays etc). We basically have to give our passport details, date of birth etc, and answer all those questions about moral turpitude that they also ask on the green immigration forms. It's then valid for two years - the one I had ran out in January so I've just had to reapply.
                  Ah! Okay. Gotcha. I had no idea!

And, you know, my flight to LA is actually LONGER than the flight to London. Who knew!?

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
                  $10 for a sarnie? That's *cough* *splutt

Yeah, don't blame you for passing on that one. I'd chew the soles off my own shoes before paying that!

Safe journey home, MOB.
                  Thanks. And extra squishy huggles to you today.
                  sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Going home? I'm about to go to bed Time zones
                    Apparently not...they did check me thoroughly with the VISA It was/is insane the amount of paperwork I have and had to fill out

Yes, timezones are confusing. Stupid.

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
                    Thanks you Josi. I do today too. 6 months to the day I've beena widow... and yes, I can finally actually say/type the word so we'll call that progress shall we.
                    Anyway, feeling a bit weird like I should be marking the occasion in some way... *shrugs*
                    *huggles tightly*

oops! Oh but that's fine if she doens't look it yet. I guess the polite thing to do is send one back congratulating her on her pregnancy and telling her how awesome she looks pregnant or something equally gushing.
                    Immediately after I found out I congratulated her and did all that stuff!
                    *adjusts halo and sees it shining brightly*
                    sigpic

Comment

*pops in*

*huggles Laurie*

*crosses all available limbs for Char* Hope she does well!!!

Safe trip home, MoB!

*squishy huggles Cags* It's lovely to see you!!!

*huggles Josi and Papa Josi* That's sooo exciting! WTG Dad!

Last day in Brisbane before flying back to cold, rainy Ballarat home. Ont the upside, Brisbane is raining today, possibly to show me that I do actually want to go back to Ballarat. Otherwise I would glue myself to a little pocket of sunshine!

And I'll have boy news when I go back. That's always fun...we hope...

*huggles everyone*
                      sigpic

Comment

*takes over empty thread and dances*

I'm writing this post from 35,000 feet! How cool is that. My flight was delayed and extended by 300 mi, so I'm going to be home really late, and have to get up early for work, but somewhere along the way, I left the funk behind.

Today, I've arranged two interviews for interim jobs, so yay! Have I mentioned that aside from the s4k concert, I'm producing 2 plays? I might have forgotten to mention that. So much to look forward to when I get home. Gotta keep the rose-colored glassed on.

OMG turbulence. *breathes deeply*

I've been listening to the Slumdog Millionaire soundtrack on the flight. srsly, how did I not remember how good this was from the movie? I must buy it when i get home. It's going to make up a big chunk of my running playlist now.

*hugs Bekki just cuz*

Okay, now some Prince in the earbuds.

And this is altogether way more turbulence than I am comfortabe with. Yikes. BBL. I hope.
                        sigpic

Comment

Very quiet here tonight, everyone has gone to bed. So should I but I can't sleep. Only have had 4 to 5 hours per night and not all at one time. Tomorrow is going to be a PITA day. I have to keep up the "happy" face because my sister-in-law is barely getting through this. She had no time to prepare. My brother got sick with problems breathing, decided to go to the doctor who immediately sent him to the hospital. Next day he is in intensive care because he can't breath. Day after that they try dialysis and it wouldn't work. They told Rose my brother has less than 24 hours because his body is shutting down. I still would like to know why????? But there are no answers being given. Now I can't fall to sleep so far tonight. I'm not looking forward to tomorrow. And all I am doing here is gripping ....sorry. I think I will end this bleek diatribe with one last thought:

What the fu#@ is the matter with SyFy? Sanctuary was doing really good on Friday and then you go screw around with your schedule. Great...you gave a dying show some last glory and took a really good show and hid it away on a night so full of other shows and dancing "celebs" that it looks like you are out to kill one of your best rated shows. What is the matter with you idiots!

Oh and thanks for the the *huggles* I can really use them about now!
                          sigpic

Comment

*runs in to do this:*

((((Laurie))))
                            Thinking of you today!
                            Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                            Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

*squishy huggles Laurie* We're all with you in our hearts

Comment

*squishy huggles Laurie*
                                sigpicMy Fanfic

Comment

Working...
                                X