The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
    From what I have read here, word has already spread to the shipper thread.
    It has, as these things are wont to do around here

Actually, I did get to see CJ briefly. He was in an elevator with me just after he checked in. He thought my "accent" was Australian! For those who don't know, I have no accent and am from Canada. He said "I'm American and we don't know anything about accents". He was charming and funny and gregarious. Within about half an hour though we got word he woodn't be at the dessert party. He was in this fabulous bright yellow shirt with blue/white and yellow diamond pants. I said "you are either a Norwegian curler or a golfer!"
    Er........ no EH-T, that's not quite right - your have a lovely Canadian accent

So glad you got to see CJ, if only for a brief lift ride!

I saw your post about Creation not refunding prepaid fees for CJ's photo ops - that's appalling!!! I guess we're very lucky that GABIT do the Sanctuary and AT events

Comment

I made a '69 by calling for a Party?!
      Awwwsummmm...

Actually, I did get to see CJ briefly. He was in an elevator with me just after he checked in. He thought my "accent" was Australian! For those who don't know, I have no accent and am from Canada. He said "I'm American and we don't know anything about accents". He was charming and funny and gregarious. Within about half an hour though we got word he woodn't be at the dessert party. He was in this fabulous bright yellow shirt with blue/white and yellow diamond pants. I said "you are either a Norwegian curler or a golfer!"

Oh, absolutely an MGM decision. BW wanted to do all 3 movies but, ultimately, he does not own the franchise and it was beyond his control. Poor Brad will be cleaning out his desk on Monday after 15 years of Stargate. ((Brad))
      I think that it's telling that I'm more moved by the thought of BW cleaning out than by not getting the movies...

Originally posted by Oma-1 View Post
      Excuse? This is no excuse! It's a completely logical and deserving-of-a-party happening in the PTB/WooHoo Universe.

True that!
      Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
      Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Oh, absolutely an MGM decision. BW wanted to do all 3 movies but, ultimately, he does not own the franchise and it was beyond his control. Poor Brad will be cleaning out his desk on Monday after 15 years of Stargate. ((Brad))
        *squishy huggles Brad and all the Stargate cast and crew*

Excuse? This is no excuse! It's a completely logical and deserving-of-a-party happening in the PTB/WooHoo Universe.

*headdesk* Of course it is! What was I thinking?

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
          I made a '69 by calling for a Party?!
          Awwwsummmm...

I think that it's telling that I'm more moved by the thought of BW cleaning out than by not getting the movies...

True that!
          Me too

Wonder what he'll do next

Joe, Paul and Coopie have gone to Toronto to work on Transporter (?), Martin, Amanda, Damian et al are giving us Sanctuary (well, giving SOME of us Sanctuary, the rest of us having to wait for aaaaaages and aaaaaaaages to get it. Whinge whinge ), so it really is the end of an era. The end of an extraordinary era!

Comment

I think the easy thing to do is to forget about all the people who were involved in the show, to whom it took a lot of time, effort and love to create and promote it.
            We're fans. We watch and discuss and get involved in different ways, but we're not the people who have to leave things behind or say goodbye. Sure we're sad and/or angry, but hey.
            Imagine TPTB shouting at us for not having done it right and that even though they love our ratings, they still think we suck.
            Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic

Comment

I think the easy thing to do is to forget about all the people who were involved in the show, to whom it took a lot of time, effort and love to create and promote it.
              We're fans. We watch and discuss and get involved in different ways, but we're not the people who have to leave things behind or say goodbye. Sure we're sad and/or angry, but hey.
              Imagine TPTB shouting at us for not having done it right and that even though they love our ratings, they still think we suck.
              But......... our ratings are AWESOME!!!

2727 pages!
              54531 posts!
              Anything up to 25 guests!

We MUST be doing it right, right?

And I'm absolutely certain that none of us suck

not in public anyway

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
                But......... our ratings are AWESOME!!!

2727 pages!
                54531 posts!
                Anything up to 25 guests!

We MUST be doing it right, right?
                Hm...
                I think we should wait untill we hear about the finances from the network

I think we're looking good, we're unique in what we offer the public, we use awesome special effects and the stunts look wild, views are a dazzling 679,357 , but we can still only hope that we won't get...
                dare I say it?
                ...cacelled.

Maybe we should replace our leads.

...or at least give them a new hairdo...

sigpic

Comment

Hm...
                  I think we should wait untill we hear about the finances from the network

I think we're looking good, we're unique in what we offer the public, we use awesome special effects and the stunts look wild, views are a dazzling 679,357 , but we can still only hope that we won't get...
                  dare I say it?
                  ...cacelled.

Maybe we should replace our leads.

...or at least give them a new hairdo...
                  You're going to change your hairdo? That's a HUGE job! Where are we going to get the money for that? *shakes piggy-bank* I've got 10p and a couple of Canadian dollars, I don't think that's enough

And you're NOT touching my hair

*runz*

Comment

You're going to change your hairdo? That's a HUGE job! Where are we going to get the money for that? *shakes piggy-bank* I've got 10p and a couple of Canadian dollars, I don't think that's enough
                    I was thinking of you becoming a brunette... Surely we can by some home dye?
                    Ok, ok... No new hairdo. I'll come up with something else.

Maybe we can get a famous poster to guest star on the thread?

Maybe we should post wet.
                    *blinks*

I meant that in the non icky way.

sigpic

Comment

I was thinking of you becoming a brunette... Surely we can by some home dye?

Been there, done that, got the awful pics to prove it

Not.happening.

Ok, ok... No new hairdo. I'll come up with something else.

Maybe we can get a famous poster to guest star on the thread?
                      I'm sure if we were in serious danger of being cancelled we could get someone......... *smiles sweetly at Martin*

And if he's too busy, and we were really desperate.......... isn't RDA out of work atm?

Maybe we should post wet.
                      *blinks*

I meant that in the non icky way.
                      What other way could you possibly have meant it?

Comment

Been there, done that, got the awful pics to prove it

Not.happening.
                        Oh... take one for the team! *sighs*
                        Fine...

I'm sure if we were in serious danger of being cancelled we could get someone......... *smiles sweetly at Martin*

And if he's too busy, and we were really desperate.......... isn't RDA out of work atm?
                        Heh. Maybe RDA could write a corny poem?

What other way could you possibly have meant it?
                        Well... I culd have suggested we'd use chocoale milk, or something, but that wood be sticky.
                        I meant wet with water. Not sticky, so not icky!

*off to bed!*

sigpic

Comment

*chuckles*
                          *settles back to watch more of The Nad & Jumble Show*

Edit: Except Nad's gone to bed
                          sigpic

Comment

Oh... take one for the team! *sighs*
                            Fine...
                            You don't understand what you're asking of me For the first time in my life I actually like my hair! When I was little it was bright ginger and I hated it so much that I used to wash it with Vim or Ajax (those were scouring powders laced with bleach that we used to use in the olden days for scrubbing baths and toilets ), but it stayed ginger Then when I escaped from home at 18 the first thing I did was bleach it blonde....... which didn't really suit me so I dyed it black, then brown, then just about every shade that Nice 'n' Easy produced It's been permed, primped, straightened and crimped, long, short, medium length, with fringe/without fringe, pinned up, tied down - you name it, my hair's had it done to it - until finally the aging process took over and brought it to a natural colour and style that I like, and which takes no effort on my part to achieve. So NO, I will not dye my hair brunette, not for ANYONE!!!

*looks around* Did I get the sympathy vote?

Heh. Maybe RDA could write a corny poem?
                            Have you seen his poems? More likely to GET us cancelled

Well... I culd have suggested we'd use chocolate milk, or something, but that wood be sticky.
                            I meant wet with water. Not sticky, so not icky!

*off to bed!*
                            I don't believe a word of it - trust you to toss ickybah onto the thread and then run off to bed

WoodNight *hugs*

Comment

You don't understand what you're asking of me For the first time in my life I actually like my hair! When I was little it was bright ginger and I hated it so much that I used to wash it with Vim or Ajax (those were scouring powders laced with bleach that we used to use in the olden days for scrubbing baths and toilets ), but it stayed ginger Then when I escaped from home at 18 the first thing I did was bleach it blonde....... which didn't really suit me so I dyed it black, then brown, then just about every shade that Nice 'n' Easy produced It's been permed, primped, straightened and crimped, long, short, medium length, with fringe/without fringe, pinned up, tied down - you name it, my hair's had it done to it - until finally the aging process took over and brought it to a natural colour and style that I like, and which take no effort on my part to achieve. So NO, I will not dye my hair brunette, not for ANYONE!!!

*looks around* Did I get the sympathy vote?

Nope.
                              sigpic

Comment

Nope.
                                Oh but..........

*goes off to sob in the corner*

*takes Martin into the corner for some sympathy hugs*

Comment

Working...
                                X