The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
    ...must you point at me in bolded letters?
    Sorry, I'll do it in blue italics next time
    *looks at Spencers*
    *points at Jumble*
    Her own fault, I swear!
    Nono, it was Martin's fault...... yes, let's blame Martin

But yes! on the awesome part
    Yeah, see... that's what does it every time - the Awesome part

Tantrums make me sad.
    I bet the PTB rather have solid jobs than that they wonder what's next. I'm sure no one actually *wants* to see the series come to an end.

...unless I'm being naive and this was all a big Brad Wright Set Up!
    No, you're right. Why on earth wood he want to give up on something that he created and that has been so successful? That wood be insane

Comment

I still consider myself an S/J Shipper, just not a fandom one.

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
      Sorry, I'll do it in blue italics next time
      Nono, it was Martin's fault...... yes, let's blame Martin

Yeah, see... that's what does it every time - the Awesome part
      *sticks out tongue, blames Martin*

No, you're right. Why on earth wood he want to give up on something that he created and that has been so successful? That wood be insane
      *nods*
      It's his baby!

...and it's moving out.
      Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
      Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

I still consider myself an S/J Shipper, just not a fandom one.

*sticks out tongue, blames Martin*
        *snuggles Martin in a blanket* We still love you, even if it IS all your fault!

*nods*
        It's his baby!

...and it's moving out
        Not only is it moving out, it's not leaving a forwarding address *huggles Brad*

Comment

*snuggles Martin in a blanket* We still love you, even if it IS all your fault!

Not only is it moving out, it's not leaving a forwarding address *huggles Brad*
          Heh

And gah! maybe we should just poke the baby instead!
          *hugs Brad again*
          I think it's very cool how well TPTB have taken all the poo over the years.
          Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic

Comment

*comes back in, shaking off art awards glitter*

Thanks for the con report, EH-T! I saw the GW story linked to on FB, but it's great to hear your take on it and the personal side of things - I'm happy you got to thank BW. I'm sad to hear it, because it makes the end official, but it's hardly unexpected. As for S/J, I'm with MoB on this one. I don't need anything more than Threads. There was a time I would have liked to have had something more, but really I'm happy with the ending we got. Tbh, there's a tiny part of me that's relieved that it can't be messed up now - not that I don't trust TPTB to do it right, but there's always a chance that it could have been handled in a way that disappointed me in the third movie, and I'd rather have it left as is.

Thank you, though, so much, to Brad and everyone who's been involved in Stargate in all its guises over the years. You have given us all so much pleasure, and, even more importantly, brought so many people together and formed friendships that have transcended the show, and will long outlive it too. *huggles PTB and the whole Stargate family*
            sigpic
            Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Heh

And gah! maybe we should just poke the baby instead!
              No poking babies!

Er....... sorry, forgot we're actually talking about about a tv franchise, not a flesh and poo baby

*hugs Brad again*
              I think it's very cool how well TPTB have taken all the poo over the years.
              I think they've been Awesome in every possible way, often in the face of fierce adversity. How many other show's PTB have done that and still been open-hearted to their fans?
              Last edited by Jumble; 17 April 2011, 01:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
                *comes back in, shaking off art awards glitter*

Thanks for the con report, EH-T! I saw the GW story linked to on FB, but it's great to hear your take on it and the personal side of things - I'm happy you got to thank BW. I'm sad to hear it, because it makes the end official, but it's hardly unexpected. As for S/J, I'm with MoB on this one. I don't need anything more than Threads. There was a time I would have liked to have had something more, but really I'm happy with the ending we got. Tbh, there's a tiny part of me that's relieved that it can't be messed up now - not that I don't trust TPTB to do it right, but there's always a chance that it could have been handled in a way that disappointed me in the third movie, and I'd rather have it left as is.
                Actually you're right, a third movie was always guaranteed to disappoint/upset some people, and to be honest I personally wood have had a hard time believing any S/J interaction that they'd come up with this far on. Most of you know why that wood be

Thank you, though, so much, to Brad and everyone who's been involved in Stargate in all its guises over the years. You have given us all so much pleasure, and, even more importantly, brought so many people together and formed friendships that have transcended the show, and will long outlive it too. *huggles PTB and the whole Stargate family*
                What she said ^^

Comment

So... do we get to hold a 'WooHoodStock Celebrate Stargate Party'' now?

*jumps up and down*
                  *blinks*
                  *jumps up and down*

sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the Con Rep EH-T. huggles*

It's not a real surprise, unfortunately. I really think it has more to do with the fact that MGM is completely broke rather than a lack of faith in our PTB or fan interest. I completely agree with everything that's been said so far. We have been incredibly lucky and had quality and quantity with 3 shows that I really loved - yes, even SGU! I'm happy with the S/J ending in Threads, have been for a few years now which has made me rather sanguine about where S/J went afterwards (both definitions of the word ). Our PTB have been truely awesome, and will continue to be in the future with other projects, of that I have no doubt.

Of course, the most wonderful and unexpected thing about my personal SG romance has been finding GW and meeting such wonderful people who have become so very dear to me and without whom this journey wouldn't have meant nearly so much. *gets all emotional*
                    sigpic

Comment

Ooooh! I dare you to go and say that on the S/J thread

Seriously, I'm not surprised to hear it - I was pretty sure last year that the SG franchise was done. It's a shame, but let's face it, they had a very good run and have given us some really outstanding shows for so many years

Thanks for passing all that on EH-T, and I'm really sorry you didn't get to see CJ after all *huggles*
                      From what I have read here, word has already spread to the shipper thread.

Actually, I did get to see CJ briefly. He was in an elevator with me just after he checked in. He thought my "accent" was Australian! For those who don't know, I have no accent and am from Canada. He said "I'm American and we don't know anything about accents". He was charming and funny and gregarious. Within about half an hour though we got word he woodn't be at the dessert party. He was in this fabulous bright yellow shirt with blue/white and yellow diamond pants. I said "you are either a Norwegian curler or a golfer!"

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

*jumps up and down*
                        *blinks*
                        *jumps up and down*
                        *blinks back at Nad* What a completely fantastic idea
                        sigpic

Comment

*huggles Oma* Exactly!

And heck yeah to a Woohoodstock Celebration of Stargate! When do we start?
                          sigpic
                          Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

*jumps up and down*
                            *blinks*
                            *jumps up and down*
                            Any excuse, eh Nad?

Comment

Originally posted by Oma-1 View Post
                              Thanks for the Con Rep EH-T. huggles*

It's not a real surprise, unfortunately. I really think it has more to do with the fact that MGM is completely broke rather than a lack of faith in our PTB or fan interest. I completely agree with everything that's been said so far. We have been incredibly lucky and had quality and quantity with 3 shows that I really loved - yes, even SGU! I'm happy with the S/J ending in Threads, have been for a few years now which has made me rather sanguine about where S/J went afterwards (both definitions of the word ). Our PTB have been truely awesome, and will continue to be in the future with other projects, of that I have no doubt.

Of course, the most wonderful and unexpected thing about my personal SG romance has been finding GW and meeting such wonderful people who have become so very dear to me and without whom this journey wouldn't have meant nearly so much. *gets all emotional*

Oh, absolutely an MGM decision. BW wanted to do all 3 movies but, ultimately, he does not own the franchise and it was beyond his control. Poor Brad will be cleaning out his desk on Monday after 15 years of Stargate. ((Brad))

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Excuse? This is no excuse! It's a completely logical and deserving-of-a-party happening in the PTB/WooHoo Universe.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X