The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*bounces through on way to Art Awards*

*huggles Woohoos* I'm at my Dad's atm, listening to my kids arguing over playing Uno Hope to catch up properly in a couple of days!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
      Thanks to everyone for the special *hugs* I really needed them. My brother is very sick and is in the hospital. Originally they thought he might be able to come home on Tuesday, but no longer. His body has several blood clots and they need to dissolve them before they do more damage. One is in his leg (he is diabetic - type 2) and the other ones are in his lungs. He is having a terrible time breathing and is so warn down he can't even sit up right now.

I was suppose to go down for a visit on Tuesday to see his new granddaughter (born 2/16) but my sister-in-law has asked me not to come right now. He is not allowed many visitors and Rose spends most of her days at the hospital. I was orginally suppose to go down at Xmas but I got a miserable cold and couldn't go. My nephew asked if I could come down on the 10th of May instead and be there for his wife's birthday on the 13th. So I'm going to have to cancel my ticket again! $50 bucks each time you do that. So far this ticket will now cost be an extra $100 and I still haven't gotten there yet!

Hopefully everyone will be well enough by then. Here's hoping!
      Sorry to hear that. Will keep you and your family in my thoughts. ((llp))

On the con front...there will be no Stargate movies at all. This straight from BW.

I did personally thank him. I also asked if he knew there was a thread on GW dedicated to TPTB. He said "what do they say?" I assured him it was positive and in support of TPTB. He said it was good to hear that and it was nice of people to be supportive.

Overall, people thanked him and had very kind things to say. His session ended with a standing ovation and lots of people lined up for his autograph. Unfortunately, there was one ignorant woman who was extremely rude and called him unprofessional for comments made by him and JM during the whole SGA cancellation controversy. Sorry she got to a mike but happy to say she was booed off by the crowd. BW made it clear (now that he is free to speak) that it was not his idea to cancel SGA. They wanted it to go one more year but he was told that SGA was cancelled and SGU was to start right away. BW's initial plan was to do season 6 of SGA, do the movies and then start SGU.

Brad was quite teary eyed when he talked about his appreciation for the fans and his love of the shows.

Love you BW. Thanks again.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
        Sorry to hear that. Will keep you and your family in my thoughts. ((llp))

On the con front...there will be no Stargate movies at all. This straight from BW.

I did personally thank him. I also asked if he knew there was a thread on GW dedicated to TPTB. He said "what do they say?" I assured him it was positive and in support of TPTB. He said it was good to hear that and it was nice of people to be supportive.

Overall, people thanked him and had very kind things to say. His session ended with a standing ovation and lots of people lined up for his autograph. Unfortunately, there was one ignorant woman who was extremely rude and called him unprofessional for comments made by him and JM during the whole SGA cancellation controversy. Sorry she got to a mike but happy to say she was booed off by the crowd. BW made it clear (now that he is free to speak) that it was not his idea to cancel SGA. They wanted it to go one more year but he was told that SGA was cancelled and SGU was to start right away. BW's initial plan was to do season 6 of SGA, do the movies and then start SGU.

Brad was quite teary eyed when he talked about his appreciation for the fans and his love of the shows.

Love you BW. Thanks again.
        Ooooh! I dare you to go and say that on the S/J thread

Seriously, I'm not surprised to hear it - I was pretty sure last year that the SG franchise was done. It's a shame, but let's face it, they had a very good run and have given us some really outstanding shows for so many years

Thanks for passing all that on EH-T, and I'm really sorry you didn't get to see CJ after all *huggles*

Comment

*hugs WooHoos*

*sends even more good vibes to Laurie*

*hugs EH-T for the con report*

*hugs Brad Wright*
          I'm not surprised either. It's too bad it ends here though.
          The world of SG has been awesome and wild and I for one will continue to enjoy all we've been given.
          Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
          Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
            *hugs WooHoos*

*sends even more good vibes to Laurie*

*hugs EH-T for the con report*

*hugs Brad Wright*
            I'm not surprised either. It's too bad it ends here though.
            The world of SG has been awesome and wild and I for one will continue to enjoy all we've been given.
            Me too. And I'm grateful to SG for many things, not the least of it being all the Awesome friendships that have been forged through SG fandom....... and of course for introducing me to Martin

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
              Me too. And I'm grateful to SG for many things, not the least of it being all the Awesome friendships that have been forged through SG fandom....... and of course for introducing me to Martin
              *happy, melancholic sigh*
              'T was my first, you know,SG fandom...
              Happy memories.

Yes. Martin is a Happy Memory too. *nods*
              Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic

Comment

*happy, melancholic sigh*
                'T was my first, you know,SG fandom...
                Happy memories.

Yes. Martin is a Happy Memory too. *nods*
                My first fandom too

And my first Director obsession......

And my last

Comment

Oh dear, the news has spread to the shipper thread........

Comment

My first fandom too

And my first Director obsession......

And my last
                    Oh... I do hope so!

Oh dear, the news has spread to the shipper thread........
                    Are they as sereen as we are?

sigpic

Comment

Oh... I do hope so!

I meant that there could never be another as Awesome as Martin, so I'll not even bother looking

Not that I was actually looking for him, he was more kind of thrust upon me by a certain WooHoo who shall not be named *points at Nad*

Are they as sereen as we are?
                      Yes, if sitting in the corner crying can be called serene

I'm waiting for the tantrums to start

Can't blame them though, it's not nice to have their last hope taken way

Comment

Ah.
                        I can see where people are coming from though. Especially those who have been following all things SGU. They've been much more involved lately than I have personally been.
                        I wood have loved to see a movie too, but if things must end, I'm still happy we've gotten all we have gotten. I mean... 10 seasons of SG-1, 5 of SGA, 2 of SGU and to top that two movies and a set of PTB who use all that experience to make even more awesome stuff.

sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the report EH-T.

Sad that the franchise is apparently defunct. They've had an amazing run. How many people in the entertainment business get anything even close? Very, very few. And how lucky are we as fans to have fo many hundreds of hours to watch and rewatch at out leisure?

Re: Sam/Jack confirmation. I don't need it. As far as I'm concerned, I got it in 'Threads.' I'm more than happy to make up my own scenarios about what happened after. But that's me.

Andi and I met up with our friend Tina for brunch before the three of us headed to the Isabella Stewart Gardner museum. It's a gorgeous little gem of am museum in Boston. I haven't been since I was about 15, so I really enjoyed it. It's a gorgeous sunny day here in Boston, so we did a lot of walking, and had tea al fresco at a cafe. Lovely day. We're now at the train station awaiting our train back to NYC. Back to reality!
                          sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Ah.
                            I can see where people are coming from though. Especially those who have been following all things SGU. They've been much more involved lately than I have personally been.
                            I wood have loved to see a movie too, but if things must end, I'm still happy we've gotten all we have gotten. I mean... 10 seasons of SG-1, 5 of SGA, 2 of SGU and to top that two movies and a set of PTB who use all that experience to make even more awesome stuff.
                            I wood have loved an SGA movie, just to see it all finished off properly and to enjoy the nostalgia of seeing Shep's team save the universe just one more time, but frankly I couldn't see where they could go with SG-1. I really don't think they could have topped Continuum, even with Martin there to direct it.

Did I really say that?

Actually, I don't think he wood have directed it. Just a vibe I had *shrugs*

I really don't think SG fans have anything to complain about - we've had quality and quantity, and like you say, an awesome bunch of PTB who will no doubt come up with more in the same vein at some point

I'm sad I didn't like SGU, but two out of three ain't bad

Comment

I meant that there could never be another as Awesome as Martin, so I'll not even bother looking

Not that I was actually looking for him, he was more kind of thrust upon me by a certain WooHoo who shall not be named *points at Nad*

...must you point at me in bolded letters?
                              *looks at Spencers*
                              *points at Jumble*
                              Her own fault, I swear!

But yes! on the awesome part

Yes, if sitting in the corner crying can be called serene

I'm waiting for the tantrums to start

Can't blame them though, it's not nice to have their last hope taken way
                              Tantrums make me sad.
                              I bet the PTB rather have solid jobs than that they wonder what's next. I'm sure no one actually *wants* to see the series come to an end.

...unless I'm being naive and this was all a big Brad Wright Set Up!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
                                Thanks for the report EH-T.

Sad that the franchise is apparently defunct. They've had an amazing run. How many people in the entertainment business get anything even close? Very, very few. And how lucky are we as fans to have fo many hundreds of hours to watch and rewatch at out leisure?
                                Exactly!

Re: Sam/Jack confirmation. I don't need it. As far as I'm concerned, I got it in 'Threads.' I'm more than happy to make up my own scenarios about what happened after. But that's me.
                                Sadly, the whole S/J thing went sour on me long ago, mainly through the endless rehashing of the same old discussions and arguments amongst the fans. I should have got out sooner, before it was all spoiled for me

Andi and I met up with our friend Tina for brunch before the three of us headed to the Isabella Stewart Gardner museum. It's a gorgeous little gem of am museum in Boston. I haven't been since I was about 15, so I really enjoyed it. It's a gorgeous sunny day here in Boston, so we did a lot of walking, and had tea al fresco at a cafe. Lovely day. We're now at the train station awaiting our train back to NYC. Back to reality!
                                Aw, glad you had a good time

Comment

Working...
                                X