No announcement yet.

The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*runz through thread...nekkid* (but only cuz Joe needs cheering up...

wait....That didn't sound right...

*runz back out*
    sigpic

Comment

*huggles Bree and sends love and good vibes*

Went to a Shadowboxer gig last night with Suz and Mike - AWESOME!!! Support band PilotX were amazing!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post

Went to a Shadowboxer gig last night with Suz and Mike - AWESOME!!! Support band PilotX were amazing!!!
        Cool! Andi and I went to see KT Tunstall last night. We'd seen her regular tour a few months ago, but she is touring solo now and wow. She's literally a one woman band. Completely phenomenal. Amazing.

Her opening acts were mediocre and atrocious. I'm pretty sure the second guy smoked a bit too much broccoli before going on. Plus his music was ridiculously bad. Andi and I were LOL'ing pretty hard.
        sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
          Cool! Andi and I went to see KT Tunstall last night. We'd seen her regular tour a few months ago, but she is touring solo now and wow. She's literally a one woman band. Completely phenomenal. Amazing.

Her opening acts were mediocre and atrocious. I'm pretty sure the second guy smoked a bit too much broccoli before going on. Plus his music was ridiculously bad. Andi and I were LOL'ing pretty hard.
          You know, until some time ago I did not know her, but I was looking for a song for a sam/jack vid and in the end I used one of her songs!
          sigpic
          My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
            *huggles Bree* It's all so sad Hope there is a light at the end of the tunnel
            Originally posted by Sarai View Post
            *squishy huggles Bree*

*KICKS cancer*
            Originally posted by XFchemist View Post
            *huggles Bree*
            *posts AT's interview*

*off for French course*
            Originally posted by llp View Post
            I want to add my few little thoughts about this whole thing. And I am talking to you through experience. First I am assuming your father was a lot younger than my mom so that will help. But, and this is only a suggestion, but if he has to take one and maybe two more treatments, how about talking to the doctor and asking that the next treatment be not a strong and extend it out to a third treatment. What killed my mom (and she was 84 at the time) was that the treatments were too strong for her body to fight off. It just wore her down so much that her body gave out on her. She got rid of all the cancer, yet didn't survive. And this information came from her doctor although I already realized it by then. Now, I am not a doctor and have no useful medical information. But this is something I truly believe in my heart and soul. Your body can survive a lot but not always if it is thrown at you all at one really big splash. Sometimes you have to take it in a few strong but not over powering doses. Please, just think about it, but do what your thought tell you, not what anyone else tells you to do. And my prayers will be with you.
            Originally posted by josiane View Post
            Evening Woohoos
            *hugs Bree and Char and family* Really hope things start to look up for you all soon, you're really having a horrible time of it
            Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
            *hugs Bree and Dad and Char*
            It's about time life starts getting better for you guys, darn it!
            *hugs WooHoos*
            This is great advice. I lost my mother to cancer 7 1/2 years ago and my father is almost 1 year in remission from his, but the chemo nearly killed him. (he's 72) because of how toxic ift was for him, they took away one of the drugs to keep him alive. And it worked. My very beloved voice teacher is also currently struggling with a similar cancer to what my mom had and they are talking about treating it as a chronic disease because it's so insidious.

Hugs to you. I know how hard it is, but Laurie is right. Talk to his doctors. Make sure they are treating the person not just the disease.

First I want to thank all my WooHoo's for your love, huggles, caring and support. You have no idea how much it means to me to know you are all out there pulling for my family. Thank you so much!

My dad is 76 and from what I have read from Laurie and Jenn it makes me worry a little bit more. He is doing better today and for that I am grateful. The good days are a blessing. His next appointment is April 28 and I am hoping that he has recovered enough by then to withstand another round of chemo. I have taken Laurie and Jenn's advice and told him to talk to his docs about a less severe treatment next time. He's not sure what to do because he is battling with himself. Part of him is incredibly fearful of the next treatment and the other part of him wants to get the chemo done as quickly as possible so he can have the surgery and be done with it.

As for Char, she is feeling a bit beaten down at the moment. She has had so many interviews and so many people have said "you're great, the interview went well etc..." but so far no job.

This year we can't afford to go to England as planned but we have decided that life is too short not to do something. We looked at what is happening all over the world and all over our own country and decided that life is very unpredictable. So we are taking a little of our savings and going to Disney later in the year because who knows if we'll even be here next year. I don't mean that in a fatalistic way. I am not planning on dying any time soon. I am just looking at things realistically and have come to the conclusion that you can't take it with you so enjoy it while you can, while putting something away for the future as well. Just in case I do live to be 96 when my life insurance policy comes to full term and I can finally retire.

Jenn, lucky you! KT Tunstall! Too bad the open acts were not so good but at least KT made the evening worthwhile.
            sigpic

Comment

The first support band were awful! So the second one was a great surprise when they turned out to be so good

Mind you, took me until lunchtime to get my hearing back

Originally posted by wine_buyer View Post
              First I want to thank all my WooHoo's for your love, huggles, caring and support. You have no idea how much it means to me to know you are all out there pulling for my family. Thank you so much!

My dad is 76 and from what I have read from Laurie and Jenn it makes me worry a little bit more. He is doing better today and for that I am grateful. The good days are a blessing. His next appointment is April 28 and I am hoping that he has recovered enough by then to withstand another round of chemo. I have taken Laurie and Jenn's advice and told him to talk to his docs about a less severe treatment next time. He's not sure what to do because he is battling with himself. Part of him is incredibly fearful of the next treatment and the other part of him wants to get the chemo done as quickly as possible so he can have the surgery and be done with it.

As for Char, she is feeling a bit beaten down at the moment. She has had so many interviews and so many people have said "you're great, the interview went well etc..." but so far no job.

This year we can't afford to go to England as planned but we have decided that life is too short not to do something. We looked at what is happening all over the world and all over our own country and decided that life is very unpredictable. So we are taking a little of our savings and going to Disney later in the year because who knows if we'll even be here next year. I don't mean that in a fatalistic way. I am not planning on dying any time soon. I am just looking at things realistically and have come to the conclusion that you can't take it with you so enjoy it while you can, while putting something away for the future as well. Just in case I do live to be 96 when my life insurance policy comes to full term and I can finally retire.

Jenn, lucky you! KT Tunstall! Too bad the open acts were not so good but at least KT made the evening worthwhile.
              Good to hear that you're planning something good for yourselves to look forward to, because you're right, life is short and you never know what the future holds. Live for today and sod the future

Comment

I'm alone in my little area of the office.

Muahahahahahaha

What shall I do ...what to do oh what to do...

*jumps on chair*

No?

Be a good girl and keep working?

Yes?

But that's...boring.

*huggles Bree* Good to see you and Char are at least planning on a little break/vacation; that is always needed!
                sigpic

Comment

*bounces in*
                  Evening Woohoos

So, today I had to go to London for an interview for a national award which would pay for me to go on a two week study trip to visit libraries and archives in the United States. There's only one award made each year so I didn't think I'd get it, but I just heard that I have! Feeling very happy and proud of myself Now I've got to put together my itinerary and arrange the visits - very excited!!!

Bree, glad that you and Char have arranged something to look forward to. I think when life sucks it's even more important to try and line up some little treats for yourself. And you're absolutely right that life's too short to put things off. Glad to hear your Dad's having a better day too. Am keeping him and all of you in my thoughts *hugs*

*huggles for everyone*
                  sigpic
                  Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Congrats Josi!!!!!!

this night I had some weird dreams (as always ), I don't remember them very well, but I woke up with this line in my mind: "Behind Green eyes" Now, since the song talks about blue eyes...I think that it was related to Martin!
                    sigpic
                    My vids Sig made by me

Comment

*Squishy huggles for Bree, Char and Dad* My thoughts are with all of you hun

*bounces in*
                      Evening Woohoos

So, today I had to go to London for an interview for a national award which would pay for me to go on a two week study trip to visit libraries and archives in the United States. There's only one award made each year so I didn't think I'd get it, but I just heard that I have! Feeling very happy and proud of myself Now I've got to put together my itinerary and arrange the visits - very excited!!!

Yay So glad to hear you got it, HUGE congrats !!!

Comment

Originally posted by XFchemist View Post
                        You know, until some time ago I did not know her, but I was looking for a song for a sam/jack vid and in the end I used one of her songs!
                        Originally posted by wine_buyer View Post

KT is SERIOUSLY BADASS, Y'all. I mean. OMG. That woman is freaking amazing. A force of nature and a PHENOMENAL musician. This was a total one woman show. Unreal.

Mind you, took me until lunchtime to get my hearing back
                        Heh. I keep a pair of earplugs in every purse, lol. Learned my lesson the hard way on that one.

BTW-- finishing up a pressie for all my Sanctuary friends. It's a fan-trailer to get us psyched for Friday. I'll post later tonight when it uploads to youtube. I hope you like it!
                        sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

I've just checked the listings for next week to check for Sanctuary, and it's not showing So then I poked around the Watch website, and there's a message saying Sanctuary will be back in June

NOOOOOOOOO!!!!! That's forever away Seriously Not Fair
                          sigpic

Comment

I've just checked the listings for next week to check for Sanctuary, and it's not showing So then I poked around the Watch website, and there's a message saying Sanctuary will be back in June

NOOOOOOOOO!!!!! That's forever away Seriously Not Fair
                            Er...... you didn't know that? I've been moaning about it for ages

Congratulations on winning the Award

Comment

Er...... you didn't know that? I've been moaning about it for ages
                              Nope. How did I miss that? I do listen to you usually

*stamps feet and pouts* Well now I do know, and I'm officially NOT HAPPY

Congratulations on winning the Award
                              Thank you

(*turning back to happy Josi for that*)
                              sigpic

Comment

*high fives Josi for the award*
                                *hugs Josi for Sanctuary*

*hugs WooHoos*

Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
                                *runz through thread...nekkid* (but only cuz Joe needs cheering up...

wait....That didn't sound right...

*runz back out*
                                *blinks*
                                She only runs rough for Joe these days...
                                Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                                Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Working...
                                X