Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by m_wendy_r View Post

But... look on the bright side, you live CLOSER to Vancouver
    Yes but...but... TSE won't be until next year at the earliest.
    Well at least Jumble is coming out here! Even if I have to wait for another 7 weeks!
    And I do like living here. Oh well, I guess I'll make do!

Of course, my place is always open for visitors! Hmmmm! Do any of you have cars that float!
    sigpic

Comment

Love the baby pics Sarai & Josi!

And yay for mini woohoo meet! I sincerely hope we have cause for celebration when you get here.
      sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
        Well at least Jumble is coming out here! Even if I have to wait for another 7 weeks!

Of course, my place is always open for visitors! Hmmmm! Do any of you have cars that float!
        A car that can float? Hmmm. Interesting. When I go out shopping for my car, I will try to get one with that feature! It sounds like it would come in handy
        sigpic
        Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

I'm so jealous....you are all going to Anderson's. Food and desserts are so great. Feeling lonely living out in the PNW without any of you around. If I was at the beginning portions of my life, I would move to England. However, being at the other end.....I suppose I will stay here. However once MoB moves out here there will be one more!
          You all have lots of fun during your Meet and Greet weekend!
          Yes! With many roadtrips between Seattle & Vangroovy I hope!
          sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Awww for the baby pics Josi and Sarai! So cute!
            sigpic

Comment

I'm so jealous....you are all going to Anderson's. Food and desserts are so great. Feeling lonely living out in the PNW without any of you around. If I was at the beginning portions of my life, I would move to England. However, being at the other end.....I suppose I will stay here. However once MoB moves out here there will be one more!
              You all have lots of fun during your Meet and Greet weekend!
              Aw *hugs* for feeling lonely Never mind, I'm sure after a week with me invading your space you'll be glad to be on your own again

Originally posted by m_wendy_r View Post

Tag Team, WooHoo Style
              Oh good grief! I could sooo make a joke about passing batons.................

*waves*

But... look on the bright side, you live CLOSER to Vancouver

Awww. I love the baby pictures! So cute
              Yes, that's the only problem with living in England - Vancouver is just toooooo far away

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post

And yay for mini woohoo meet! I sincerely hope we have cause for celebration when you get here.
              The very fact of you being there will be reason to celebrate

Love our two little Jameses (I have no idea how to pluralize 'James' ) They're both growing up so fast

Comment

Hi WooHoo's

No time for a proper catch-up.

Dad had his first chemo session and he seemed to be okay at first but now, a couple of days later, he is really feeling it. The aches in all of his bone and teeth are so bad he can't sleep and the nausea has set in. He was crying this morning and saying he doesn't want to go through this again but he needs at least one more treatment, possibly two, before they can do the surgery.

I hate cancer. I hate what it's done to my family. It took my mom, it damned near took my brother (and he is not out of danger yet) and now it is causing my father to go through hell.

Char had an interview but so far no call back for a second. She is spiraling into a depression and at this point I wish I could just get into my car, start driving and not stop. Just go away and keep on going. Unfortunately that isn't an option so I will do what I always do and just keep chugging along while hoping and praying for the best.

Have a sparkling day WooHoo's and Happy belated Birthday to Estrella!
                sigpic

Comment

*huggles Bree* It's all so sad Hope there is a light at the end of the tunnel
                  sigpic

Comment

*squishy huggles Bree*

*KICKS cancer*

Comment

*huggles Bree*
                      *posts AT's interview*

http://www.nextgenerationnepal.org/Amanda_Tapping

*off for French course*
                      sigpic
                      My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Thanks for the link Sil! That was fun to read!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wine_buyer View Post
                          Hi WooHoo's

Dad had his first chemo session and he seemed to be okay at first but now, a couple of days later, he is really feeling it. The aches in all of his bone and teeth are so bad he can't sleep and the nausea has set in. He was crying this morning and saying he doesn't want to go through this again but he needs at least one more treatment, possibly two, before they can do the surgery.

I hate cancer. I hate what it's done to my family. It took my mom, it damned near took my brother (and he is not out of danger yet) and now it is causing my father to go through hell.

Char had an interview but so far no call back for a second. She is spiraling into a depression and at this point I wish I could just get into my car, start driving and not stop. Just go away and keep on going. Unfortunately that isn't an option so I will do what I always do and just keep chugging along while hoping and praying for the best.

I want to add my few little thoughts about this whole thing. And I am talking to you through experience. First I am assuming your father was a lot younger than my mom so that will help. But, and this is only a suggestion, but if he has to take one and maybe two more treatments, how about talking to the doctor and asking that the next treatment be not a strong and extend it out to a third treatment. What killed my mom (and she was 84 at the time) was that the treatments were too strong for her body to fight off. It just wore her down so much that her body gave out on her. She got rid of all the cancer, yet didn't survive. And this information came from her doctor although I already realized it by then. Now, I am not a doctor and have no useful medical information. But this is something I truly believe in my heart and soul. Your body can survive a lot but not always if it is thrown at you all at one really big splash. Sometimes you have to take it in a few strong but not over powering doses. Please, just think about it, but do what your thought tell you, not what anyone else tells you to do. And my prayers will be with you.
                          sigpic

Comment

Evening Woohoos

*starts plotting ways to get to Seattle...*

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post

Me too! Really hope so

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
                            Love our two little Jameses (I have no idea how to pluralize 'James' ) They're both growing up so fast
                            I know! I can't believe how quickly babies grow up I mean, I knew on one level, but actually seeing it with my nephew it's just astounding watching him change and progress.

Originally posted by wine_buyer View Post
                            Hi WooHoo's

*hugs Bree and Char and family* Really hope things start to look up for you all soon, you're really having a horrible time of it
                            sigpic
                            Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

*hugs Bree and Dad and Char*
                              It's about time life starts getting better for you guys, darn it!

*hugs WooHoos*
                              Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                              Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

I want to add my few little thoughts about this whole thing. And I am talking to you through experience. First I am assuming your father was a lot younger than my mom so that will help. But, and this is only a suggestion, but if he has to take one and maybe two more treatments, how about talking to the doctor and asking that the next treatment be not a strong and extend it out to a third treatment. What killed my mom (and she was 84 at the time) was that the treatments were too strong for her body to fight off. It just wore her down so much that her body gave out on her. She got rid of all the cancer, yet didn't survive. And this information came from her doctor although I already realized it by then. Now, I am not a doctor and have no useful medical information. But this is something I truly believe in my heart and soul. Your body can survive a lot but not always if it is thrown at you all at one really big splash. Sometimes you have to take it in a few strong but not over powering doses. Please, just think about it, but do what your thought tell you, not what anyone else tells you to do. And my prayers will be with you.
                                This is great advice. I lost my mother to cancer 7 1/2 years ago and my father is almost 1 year in remission from his, but the chemo nearly killed him. (he's 72) because of how toxic ift was for him, they took away one of the drugs to keep him alive. And it worked. My very beloved voice teacher is also currently struggling with a similar cancer to what my mom had and they are talking about treating it as a chronic disease because it's so insidious.

Hugs to you. I know how hard it is, but Laurie is right. Talk to his doctors. Make sure they are treating the person not just the disease.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X