Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
    Huh? Where did that tree come from?

I'm sure it wasn't there last night.......
    I planted it yesterday and with love and broccoli, it grew overnight!
    Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
    Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

One of my goals this spring is to start playing my guitar again (acoustic). It's been a dog's age, but it kind of fits in with the musical things I'm working on. So today was my first day. 25 minutes and my fingers are SO SORE. I use lightweight strings on my guitar too. Hopefully I'll get my calluses back soon.

Wish I had something more fangirly to share. Hmm... I was actually thinking today about if/when I should donate back my AT5 auction win for another auction. AT6? Or perhaps one of the S4K online auctions? That's probably the best bet... but it does happen to be a Stargate item and not a Sanctuary item, so maybe they wouldn't want it and I should wait to AT6? I dunno. Anyone got any thoughts?
      sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
        One of my goals this spring is to start playing my guitar again (acoustic). It's been a dog's age, but it kind of fits in with the musical things I'm working on. So today was my first day. 25 minutes and my fingers are SO SORE. I use lightweight strings on my guitar too. Hopefully I'll get my calluses back soon.
        Cool I love those guitars! My mom plays one too(and don't tell her, but she's pretty good...of course at home I make fun of her since that is my job to do as a daughter)

Wish I had something more fangirly to share. Hmm... I was actually thinking today about if/when I should donate back my AT5 auction win for another auction. AT6? Or perhaps one of the S4K online auctions? That's probably the best bet... but it does happen to be a Stargate item and not a Sanctuary item, so maybe they wouldn't want it and I should wait to AT6? I dunno. Anyone got any thoughts?
        Wait till I attend a convention and can buy it
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
          1. Cool I love those guitars! My mom plays one too(and don't tell her, but she's pretty good...of course at home I make fun of her since that is my job to do as a daughter)

2. Wait till I attend a convention and can buy it
          1. I started playing mainly because of my mom. She was a phenomenal player. My parents were giant hippies and it rubbed off on me. I was weaned on folk music and love folk guitar. In fact, my guitar belonged to my mother. Learning to play was my way of trying to connect with her. There's a beautiful photo of her playing it shortly after I was born, with her hair down to her waist.

2. Heh. I won't even go near what it cost me in American dollars, but just FYI, bidding gets rather intense. I wouldn't have that money back for the world, so happy it's going to needy kids, but yeah. That auctioning is FIERCE. (And fun )
          sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

1. I started playing mainly because of my mom. She was a phenomenal player. My parents were giant hippies and it rubbed off on me. I was weaned on folk music and love folk guitar. In fact, my guitar belonged to my mother. Learning to play was my way of trying to connect with her. There's a beautiful photo of her playing it shortly after I was born, with her hair down to her waist.
            Mom and Dad were hippies too...go figure but so cool that it was hers! Perhaps that's my future but I more see my brother getting it...he already(before I left the US) started classes and playing the guitar(he hoped it would attrack "the chicks" )

2. Heh. I won't even go near what it cost me in American dollars, but just FYI, bidding gets rather intense. I wouldn't have that money back for the world, so happy it's going to needy kids, but yeah. That auctioning is FIERCE. (And fun )
            Sounds scary...but if I ever go to a convention I do want to play along...
            sigpic

Comment

Mom and Dad were hippies too...go figure but so cool that it was hers! Perhaps that's my future but I more see my brother getting it...he already(before I left the US) started classes and playing the guitar(he hoped it would attrack "the chicks" )
              She gave it to me for my 16th bday. It was a pretty special occasion. I got it because she bought a 12-string and never picked up the 6 string again after that.

I may have posted this pic before, not sure, but this is the one I was talking about.
              Spoiler:
              sigpic

Comment

Aww So awesome and a beautiful picture(and mother) MoB That's indeed very special and cool!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
                  I planted it yesterday and with love and broccoli, it grew overnight!
                  Wow! That's some pretty potent love you've got there Nad! Best be careful how you use it

I tried to learn the guitar when I was young, but nobody had a left-handed one and it's kinda hard to learn it when using an upside-down right hander

You could always ebay it, but it probably woodn't go for much that way You'd do better to wait for AT6 I think

Comment

Ah, but I'm supposed to be a mature adult, able to hold my own in any situation

A bit different, yes, but it's still somewhat gobsmacking to be in the presence of the Awesome Amanda Tapping
                    Mature adult

sigpic

Comment

Aww So awesome and a beautiful picture(and mother) MoB That's indeed very special and cool!
                      I'm pretty sure the pillow on the couch is her nursing pillow, lol. I never noticed that before!

1. I tried to learn the guitar when I was young, but nobody had a left-handed one and it's kinda hard to learn it when using an upside-down right hander

2. You could always ebay it, but it probably woodn't go for much that way You'd do better to wait for AT6 I think
                      1. I'm a lefty and so was my mother. It's do-able. With patience.

2. That was what I was thinking... I'd like the other girl who I was in a bidding war with to get her shot at it.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
                        Mature adult

You too??? D'oh! I need to do something about my reputation around here

Comment

Too late.
                          sigpic

Comment

MoB - I use to play the guitar a lot, calluses and all. But haven't played in a very long time. Been thinking of taking it up again since I "air" play so much. But, I'll have to actually go out and buy new guitar. My nephew really got interested and I gave him mine. Never got around to playing it again.
                            Played the piano as well. Still do (or use to until I moved and sold it). But that was different. I played my own type of music.....unheard of by anyone's ears. But I loved it.
                            sigpic

Comment

Why bother....we like you the way you are!
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
                                MoB - I use to play the guitar a lot, calluses and all. But haven't played in a very long time. Been thinking of taking it up again since I "air" play so much. But, I'll have to actually go out and buy new guitar. My nephew really got interested and I gave him mine. Never got around to playing it again.
                                Played the piano as well. Still do (or use to until I moved and sold it). But that was different. I played my own type of music.....unheard of by anyone's ears. But I loved it.
                                You should definitely take it up again! Nothing like making music to brighten your day!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X