• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Devilish Me View Post
    *giggles*

Happy Birthday Jenn - a day early, but apparently not for you

I love your immortality banner!

AND I love that with the pranked statuses, I'm a MERMAID. Woo!
    sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Originally posted by Sarai View Post
      *squishy hugs Jenn* It's great that you have back-ups hun. Still, that absolutely sucks. Cut backs in front line policing and medicine should never be allowed. And an early happy birthday to you
      THanks Sarai. The way the went about the whole thing was very suspect and underhanded, and that was what upset me more than anything. They are absolutely shooting themselves in the foot by staff cutting in a department that keeps getting busier.
      Spoiler:
      It's not really safe with the level of staffing we have now. I can't imagine what they expect is going to happen as maternity continues to get busier and busier.
      sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
        Mornin/afternoon all!

I think I'm back. If you aren't an LJ type, I'll let you know that I have been laid off from my job. The hospital is cutting staff pretty significantly in our department. It sucks, but I do have a job until the end of June. So, that's something. By the beginning of June I'll know about whether I'm moving to Vangroovy, so if I am, I'll do some per-diem work for the following few months until I move, and if I'm not I'll start searching for a new opportunity somewhere in Seattle or Portland... and that's pretty much the story.
        *hugs*So I get to celebrate my bday for an extra day??

Thank you a day early!
        I'll have to discuss that with the pirate board mate... Yarr hear back from me...
        I suck at a pirate language
        sigpic

Comment

*huggles Jenn* You know, it could all just be about to fall into place

Have you noticed what a HUGE 69 you're coming up to??? THE 69!!

Sarai how's it going with the house? Got it sorted yet? *crosses fingers*

Comment

Mornin/afternoon all!

I think I'm back. If you aren't an LJ type, I'll let you know that I have been laid off from my job. The hospital is cutting staff pretty significantly in our department. It sucks, but I do have a job until the end of June. So, that's something. By the beginning of June I'll know about whether I'm moving to Vangroovy, so if I am, I'll do some per-diem work for the following few months until I move, and if I'm not I'll start searching for a new opportunity somewhere in Seattle or Portland... and that's pretty much the story.
            I'm sorry about the news. I will never understand why medical stuff is one of the first items to be cut when cost cutting happens. It should be the last, if at all. Anyway, I can tell you that both Seattle and Portland would be great places to work (I'm a bit prejudiced, since I grew up in Portland, even though I now live an hour away from Seattle). You would enjoy both (both part of the beautiful Pacific Northwest, along with B.C., and all that), and they are quite close to Vancouver, so it wouldn't be far to go visit. In the meantime, here

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
              1. *huggles Jenn* You know, it could all just be about to fall into place

2. Have you noticed what a HUGE 69 you're coming up to??? THE 69!!
              1. Thanks Jumble. From your mouth to the universe's ears. *crosses all extremities*

2. I hadn't! Cool.

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
              I'm sorry about the news. I will never understand why medical stuff is one of the first items to be cut when cost cutting happens. It should be the last, if at all. Anyway, I can tell you that both Seattle and Portland would be great places to work (I'm a bit prejudiced, since I grew up in Portland, even though I now live an hour away from Seattle). I think you would enjoy both, and they are quite close to Vancouver, so it wouldn't be far to go visit. In the meantime, here http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...smiley_hug.gif http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e1...6/groupray.png
              Thanks Hedwig. Yeah. Weird stuff. It's actually probably the best thing that could have happened to me. Now I'll be able to buy my soul back.
              sigpic

Comment

I wish networks could keep in mind that people nowadays have access to TV shows outside of the networks... And that by not airing soonish after the first airdate, ratings might just be lower because fans have already seen the episodes...

And I hate pirates.

I'm in a sucky mood too. I just saw one of our birds die and that isn't fun.

*hugs WooHoos*

Mornin/afternoon all!

xo
                *sends more hugs*
                Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
                  I wish networks could keep in mind that people nowadays have access to TV shows outside of the networks... And that by not airing soonish after the first airdate, ratings might just be lower because fans have already seen the episodes...

And I hate pirates.
                  .... which is ironic considering what you just said

I'm in a sucky mood too. I just saw one of our birds die and that isn't fun.

*hugs WooHoos*

*sends more hugs*
                  Aw *squishy hugs*, that's definitely not fun
                  Last edited by Jumble; 31 March 2011, 11:09 AM.

Comment

.... which is a bit contradictory considering what you just said
                    Haha, true.
                    I meant the sea going ones.

*blinks*
                    ...But yeah. That kind of piracy is ...evil.
                    *blinks*

I do, however enjoy GW's April fools jokes.
                    ...I just hate pirates. Even if I *am* a Master at arms. There's a little Martin in everyting...

Aw *squishy hugs*, that's definitely not fun
                    Not quite.

On the positive side: They finally started selling Sanctuary S2 in store. Import, of course, but it's still a small miracle.
                    Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic

Comment

*hugs Nad* and I agree...people will get to see the episode before and don't even bother to watch it on TV...it's a sad fact and I hope TV will find a solution on it since I see TV numbers going down everywhere...
                      Perhaps make it for the whole world possible to download than just in one region...the same with the first viewing...
                      Example Syfy: it's a global network but it doesn't act that way IMHO...

Funny enough I just had a convo about that this morning with one of my colleagues in the Netherlands...
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
                        *hugs Nad* and I agree...people will get to see the episode before and don't even bother to watch it on TV...it's a sad fact and I hope TV will find a solution on it since I see TV numbers going down everywhere...
                        Perhaps make it for the whole world possible to download than just in one region...the same with the first viewing...

Funny enough I just had a convo about that this morning with one of my colleagues in the Netherlands...
                        Something definitely needs to be done, otherwise we're going to lose good shows simply because TPTB (not ours ) judge their popularity on the wrong information

Hm. I've just discovered that the song that grabbed my attention and has been stuck in my head all week is sung by...... ugh.... can I even bring myself to type his name?

Michael Buble....... whom I detest with a passion

*opens another bottle of wine*

This has definitely not been a good day

On the upside, I should sleep tonight - something I haven't done for several nights.....

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post

*nods*

I think it's not per se a bad thing that not the whole world gets to see episodes around the same time. For us it might be, because we're in fandom and have easy access to each and every spoiler out there. For the general public it's not that way. If you stay off line, it's not a problem.
                          But, the fate of TV shows is still hugely based on those ratings and don't quite take into account that there are other ways. Networks shake their fists at fans who don't watch it live, but what are we supposed to do? I for one have never seen an ep of Sanctuary or SGU on TV. If I'm supposed to wait for the DVD's to be released I can wait forever. Rewatchig via official channels is made difficult due to geo blocking. *shrugs*

I watch and no one cares, gosh darnit!
                          It's 1.9 million viewers +1!!! I view too!

sigpic

Comment

Something definitely needs to be done, otherwise we're going to lose good shows simply because TPTB (not ours ) judge their popularity on the wrong information

Hm. I've just discovered that the song that grabbed my attention and has been stuck in my head all week is sung by...... ugh.... can I even bring myself to type his name?

Michael Buble....... whom I detest with a passion

*opens another bottle of wine*

This has definitely not been a good day

On the upside, I should sleep tonight - something I haven't done for several nights.....
                            Oh My.
                            Just when you tink you heard it all.

sigpic

Comment

Indeed, and people these days are patient enough(sometimes) to wait till something comes out on either DVD(what happens a lot in the Netherlands since we don't have all our "favorite" shows on TV) or Netflix...or they DVR it etc. etc.

Not all people watch it "live" anymore; I think only a small amount of people do that.
                              I actually have a friend who will wait with watching SGU till it comes (pirated) online since he can then see it on HD and he can't do that with the normal Syfy he has at home...

Like I said for Syfy it should be easy since their network is all over the world. I mean everything is going global except for the ratings...
                              sigpic

Comment

Well, just dashing off to a retirement party (not mine ) and then to see the Cannes winning commercials with my nephew but had to come in here (after prompting from Jumble) to make a 69 post!

Cheers!

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Working...
                                X