The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
    You must be very young. He's a rather famous singer/songwriter from the 60's and 70's.
    60's/70's? Nearly two decades before I was born I'll be 23 in a couple days. Age obviously has nothing to do with memory though cause I couldn't remember how old I am

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
    That totally depends on your take on music.
    If you love slightly corny oldies, he's awesome. If you don't then yes, you could be glad.
    Last edited by Leo1; 22 March 2011, 02:16 PM.
    sigpic

Comment

*hugs* Blegh.

It's about time the world eases up on the WooHoos. I think it's jealous.
      Amen, sister!

Now, someone please tell Neil Diamond to stop singing in my head?
      Dear Neil Diamond. Please stop singing inside Nad's head. Thank you.

sigpic
      Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Hey... I consder myself to be very young too!

Although must say that I was born in time to still have listened to LP's while growing up...
        I just found my parents' record collection again and realised we need a new player for them. *nods*
        I have nothing to play them on, but I have a few of the old 78's from the 40's that my parents had.

Comment

Hey... I consder myself to be very young too!

Although must say that I was born in time to still have listened to LP's while growing up...
          I just found my parents' record collection again and realised we need a new player for them. *nods*
          We had a few LPs left too. The only ones I can remember are Elvis and one with various artists.
          One of the songs that has stuck in my head goes something like......*sings badly* Long ago high on a mountain in Mexico, lived a young shepherd boy Angelo , who met a young girl and he loved her so, rich was she came from a very high family, Angelo knew they could never be, they ran away to their destiny. Or something like that
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Leo1 View Post
            70's? Nearly two decades before I was born I'll be 23 in a couple days. Age obviously has nothing to do with memory though cause I couldn't remember how old I am

*blinks*
            *closes the broccoli jar*

Originally posted by josiane View Post
            Amen, sister!

Dear Neil Diamond. Please stop singing inside Nad's head. Thank you.

I think it worked, thanks.

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
            I have nothing to play them on, but I have a few of the old 78's from the 40's that my parents had.
            That's very cool!

How funny wood it be to have future WooHoos go: ''I found some of those old disks my parents used to put music on. I think it's called a CD? Yeah. Now all I need to do is find one of those CD players... Maybe I can find one in the antique store?''
            Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
            Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Originally posted by Leo1 View Post
              We had a few LPs left too. The only ones I can remember are Elvis and one with various artists.
              One of the songs that has stuck in my head goes something like......*sings badly* Long ago high on a mountain in Mexico, lived a young shepherd boy Angelo , who met a young girl and he loved her so, rich was she came from a very high family, Angelo knew they could never be, they ran away to their destiny. Or something like that
              You know that song but not Neil D?
              (Beautifully sung, though.)

My parents didn't have Elvis (or brotherhood of man, btw ). Neither of my parents were really into him. There's Neil Diamond, Otis Redding, Glen Miller, the Bee Gees... Some disco. Some other big random artists. And for some reason the soundtracks of Saturday Night Fever and Jesus Christ Superstar.

EDIT: Gah! Thanks for putting this in my head...
              Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic

Comment

I just got a call from my boss. Argh. Ugh.
                sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

*walks through thread*

*lays down on the couch*

That was an uneventful day...

*huggles MoB*
                  sigpic

Comment

You know that song but not Neil D?
                    (Beautifully sung, though.)

My parents didn't have Elvis (or brotherhood of man, btw ). Neither of my parents were really into him. There's Neil Diamond, Otis Redding, Glen Miller, the Bee Gees... Some disco. Some other big random artists. And for some reason the soundtracks of Saturday Night Fever and Jesus Christ Superstar.

EDIT: Gah! Thanks for putting this in my head...
                    Wait a second, Neil Diamond, Otis Redding, the Bee Gees and Glen Miller. - how did he get into that group. Now I am very well aware of who he is, but he died long before these others started working. Wasn't he killed in WWII?

As for the two sound tracks - they were considered quite "hot" in their day!
                    sigpic

Comment

After my laptop crash I had to re-install Gimp (yes, I am sticking with that one!) and it needed a test run...

*blinks*

Ok. It's oddly fluffy.

*waves at Jann*

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
                      I just got a call from my boss. Argh. Ugh.
                      Ugh?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
                        Wait a second, Neil Diamond, Otis Redding, the Bee Gees and Glen Miller. - how did he get into that group. Now I am very well aware of who he is, but he died long before these others started working. Wasn't he killed in WWII?

As for the two sound tracks - they were considered quite "hot" in their day!
                        I don't know, really. It's a strange collection
                        And I believe he was. In a plane, I think?

I still consider Night Fever to be strangely 'hot',

sigpic

Comment

I don't know, really. It's a strange collection
                          And I believe he was. In a plane, I think?

I still consider Night Fever to be strangely 'hot',
                          Yes, a mysterious plane crash...he basically disappeared over the English channel. Body never recovered. I know some very useless facts sometimes.

And I like a few of the songs on that album (or cd) and I remember going to see JC Superstar. Never totally understood it but loved the music. I have very eclectic tastes!
                          sigpic

Comment

Ugh?
                            I can't talk about it right now. It's in my flocked LJ. Needless to say, I was put into a really untenable position, and I'm kind of upset about it.
                            sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
                              Yes, a mysterious plane crash...he basically disappeared over the English channel. Body never recovered. I know some very useless facts sometimes.
                              Right! Hm.
                              ...Useless facts are awesome.

And I like a few of the songs on that album (or cd) and I remember going to see JC Superstar. Never totally understood it but loved the music. I have very eclectic tastes!
                              Eclectic tastes are the best. Variety and all.

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
                              I can't talk about it right now. It's in my flocked LJ. Needless to say, I was put into a really untenable position, and I'm kind of upset about it.
                              Ah. Well, in any case: (((MoB)))

WoodNight WooHoos!

sigpic

Comment

I am so very drunk. Love you all <3 <3 <3

The wedding is finally over with todays events' which is the first time I got druk for a very logn time! Thank god for spell check

Did I tell you that I love yoU? I do. So very much.

it's very difficult to be a sci fi addict as I am in my country, cause nobody else is, well, nobody that I spend any quali6ty time with...

;veee your! <3
                                sigpic
                                Big thanks to josi for avi and sig

Comment

Working...
                                X