Clear All

Originally posted by Oma-1 View Post
    For Josi to make your day less sucky

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...si-bluesky.jpg
    Awww! *huggles Oma* I love it
    (and THUNKS! )

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
    Thanks

I did wonder if it was a bit too long, with a bit too much information at the end I can shorten the song if I pick the right place to cut it. It's really just an example for Stuart to see what can be done because he was very interested in the WooHoo party vid, and bearing in mind what we were saying about him needing to do more with the website I thought I'd just give it a try
    Absolutely I think it's a fab idea! I'd say make it short and punchy, cut down some of the text (or maybe spread the text out among the pictures so it doesn't feel like there's a lot all at once), and it'll be fabulous

OK, dear Woohoos all, I'm properly off to bed now Night night! *huggles*

Edit: back on the Anderson's vid - I think you're right, about half the length would probably be perfect
    sigpic
    Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
      Awww! *huggles Oma* I love it
      (and THUNKS! )

Absolutely I think it's a fab idea! I'd say make it short and punchy, cut down some of the text (or maybe spread the text out among the pictures so it doesn't feel like there's a lot all at once), and it'll be fabulous
      Good idea!

OK, dear Woohoos all, I'm properly off to bed now Night night! *huggles*
      WoodNight *huggles*

Edit: back on the Anderson's vid - I think you're right, about half the length would probably be perfect
      *nods* I reckon I could leave out a lot of the mains pics to balance it out, and put less text......

I'm off to bed too - WoodNight WooHoos *huggles*

*huggles Martin because I haven't done that lately*

Comment

Ah Jumble - for the first time in so long I am hungry from watching the ad and I can't get to the restaurant. You're too far away.

The one thing is the length. Like mentioned before, most ads are 60 seconds (or less - but don't want that for this restaurant). A few of the pictures are a little blurry. But over all, you have a calling my friend....! So try cutting it down to about 60 seconds if you can. Also too much verbarage at the end. Hard to try and read it all. But for your first try I give you an A-. Make it shorter you will get an A++.

Hmmm don't suppose you can smuggle the desserts to the US when you come! Oh well, just a thought!
        sigpic

Comment

Congrats on '69 and 20000something POSTS Jumble! Wow!
          sigpic
          Big thanks to josi for avi and sig

Comment

Hey, what are you doing here Dee....you should be playing and cuddling you new little baby!

Think I am going to have to get healed up so I can go in search of good restaurants with great desserts!
            Last edited by llp; 21 March 2011, 02:52 PM.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
              Hey, what are you doing here Dee....you should be playing and cuddling you new little baby!
              She's sleeping! Apparently she really is a baby! ...and she goes to sleep at nine... hahha

Jumble I'm still thinking about the vid... lol.
              sigpic

Comment

I thought long about this and maybe more seriously then I should have. I never ever ever give this type of reviews to someone's work because I mainly concentrate on the good things and I know you probably worked hard on this vid and I want to you to know that I really think that the vid is great, for your first try with this type of thing. And that whatever I said you should correct or not is purely my own opinion and doesn't mean a great deal if you think the vid is good, or doesn't need anything in the way I jolted down there.

Spoiler:
                I agree with everyone else it needs to be shorter, I would even suggest 30 - 40 secs, opposed to the minute you were all talking about because there's better chance to grab someones attention.

I don't like the effect with the text you used at the begging, I don't think it works the best for the vid, even though considering the music it should go well, but it just doesn't imho. I think that all of the text doesn't go well with the vid, including the background you sometimes used (the flashy colors one). I think it should be either all flashy colors or all a little more serious. The background and the effect you used on the text is not working because it doesn't go with the lovely pictures you have of the food, which are so great and good quality. Typography is soooooo important in these kinds of vids, so I would suggest not using Ariel (?), I'm not sure you used that but it looks like it. You need something that would better suit the music and the pics. And also maybe pick one color of the text and go with that. You don't have to use the background at all, that way you save on the time when switching between meals.

The address of the restaurant should go last, not at the beginning, the rest of the text is great (meaning what the text says).

I loved the pictures on the tape appearing and going like in a line, it looked as though the food is actually being served. Loved that. There's one shot with a picture frame, which I think would be better if it wasn't on screen, or overlay... I don't know what you use, I'm guessing Power Director... I don't know if it accepts Photoshop files, but if it does you could just put the frame there, and select it and then leave it with the transparent background. Then put the photoshop file in the separate layer in your vid editor. That way the frame isn't transparent. This is just a little thing which is bugging me and maybe you meant it to be transparent and I'm just full of it

Stuart appearing at that precise moment is awesome!

Loved Josi's comment on the deserts, which means you don't need to write anything there, just use her as an intro to deserts. And maybe since you used a person to announce deserts, you could use pictures of people eating them. I'm sure you've got plenty of that, and it would also serve to give the vid a different visual rhythm.

I would suggest cutting all of the text at the end. Or as people have suggested it, have it spread throughout the vid, though I don't see the point. Mainly because it would be too distracting....

The way to save up the time is to cut a lot of the pics, because you don't want to give away all of Stuarts secrets And also when you're using that... hmm, I don't know how to call that effect when you have one picture and then another one (the same one) appears in parts? You could put a different picture there sometimes and sometimes the same.

Me iz done.

Phew...
                sigpic

Comment

*iz home*

*huggles the woohoos so so tightly with so so much love*

(showed my family all the pics that I snurched from AT5, and of Bekkidoll and the pretty woohoo photo. They were totally excited )
                  sigpic

Comment

How about a beard pic?
                    sigpic

Comment

Leo!
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Devilish Me View Post
                        I thought long about this and maybe more seriously then I should have. I never ever ever give this type of reviews to someone's work because I mainly concentrate on the good things and I know you probably worked hard on this vid and I want to you to know that I really think that the vid is great, for your first try with this type of thing. And that whatever I said you should correct or not is purely my own opinion and doesn't mean a great deal if you think the vid is good, or doesn't need anything in the way I jolted down there.

Spoiler:
                        I agree with everyone else it needs to be shorter, I would even suggest 30 - 40 secs, opposed to the minute you were all talking about because there's better chance to grab someones attention.

I don't like the effect with the text you used at the begging, I don't think it works the best for the vid, even though considering the music it should go well, but it just doesn't imho. I think that all of the text doesn't go well with the vid, including the background you sometimes used (the flashy colors one). I think it should be either all flashy colors or all a little more serious. The background and the effect you used on the text is not working because it doesn't go with the lovely pictures you have of the food, which are so great and good quality. Typography is soooooo important in these kinds of vids, so I would suggest not using Ariel (?), I'm not sure you used that but it looks like it. You need something that would better suit the music and the pics. And also maybe pick one color of the text and go with that. You don't have to use the background at all, that way you save on the time when switching between meals.

The address of the restaurant should go last, not at the beginning, the rest of the text is great (meaning what the text says).

I loved the pictures on the tape appearing and going like in a line, it looked as though the food is actually being served. Loved that. There's one shot with a picture frame, which I think would be better if it wasn't on screen, or overlay... I don't know what you use, I'm guessing Power Director... I don't know if it accepts Photoshop files, but if it does you could just put the frame there, and select it and then leave it with the transparent background. Then put the photoshop file in the separate layer in your vid editor. That way the frame isn't transparent. This is just a little thing which is bugging me and maybe you meant it to be transparent and I'm just full of it

Stuart appearing at that precise moment is awesome!

Loved Josi's comment on the deserts, which means you don't need to write anything there, just use her as an intro to deserts. And maybe since you used a person to announce deserts, you could use pictures of people eating them. I'm sure you've got plenty of that, and it would also serve to give the vid a different visual rhythm.

I would suggest cutting all of the text at the end. Or as people have suggested it, have it spread throughout the vid, though I don't see the point. Mainly because it would be too distracting....

The way to save up the time is to cut a lot of the pics, because you don't want to give away all of Stuarts secrets And also when you're using that... hmm, I don't know how to call that effect when you have one picture and then another one (the same one) appears in parts? You could put a different picture there sometimes and sometimes the same.

Me iz done.

Phew...
                        Well don't hold back there Dee, just tell me what you really think

Tbh, I didn't put that much effort into it, I was just playing with the idea and looking for opinions and inspiration, trying different things. It'll end up a lot different by the time I've cut it down and changed things around

Oh, and Leo -

Comment

*giggles* Martin with a mustache...so wrong! Hihi...

Can I once again mention I love my internship/work! Especially the part when I get my apt bill and give it to them (arrangement that was made; they pay for it!)
                          Then again; I did get my hospital bills Oh well...have fun with it insurance (I've got a Dutch health insurance/American one and a travel one...)

*huggles all Woohoos*

*plops on couch waiting for something useful to do at work*
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Oma-1 View Post
                            *squishy huggles Nad (with clothes on!)*
                            I've been so awol lately I had no idea your Dad was in hospital So glad to hear he's doing well :-)
                            That's awesome news llp! I had no idea diet could affect arthritis so greatly! At this rate of improvement you'll be boogie-ing up a storm in no time ;-)

*empathic huggles for Bree* It totally sucks when RL messes up your GW and PS time :-( Hope a change in diet works for you too!

I love that track, MoB. Planning to watch the vid later :-D
                            Thanks Oma and I will soon find out. We had already made drastic changes to our diet over the last week and this just gives me more incentive.
                            Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
                            LOL. I promise it is better with the music. I hope you enjoy it. :-)

I hope you like it. It IS a great song. Sure sign of a great song? You still like it after vidding it. ;-)
                            I love it! I had no idea that it was Adele when I was watching the silent version but with her voice I could love the video even though it was Helen/John instead of Helen/Niko

28th May to 4th June *bounces*

If you think about it, everything we eat has to have an effect on our bodies. It's just a question of figuring out what's good for you and what isn't ;-) I've been eating (and drinking) a lot of things lately that I know are bad for me, and boy have I suffered for it It's my own fault, I just get resentful now and then and think 'what the heck, life's too short', but then my body reminds me that life may be short but it doesn't have to be that painful :-o

*huggles for RL getting in the way* :-(

Soooo true! I'm currently half way through one and I already HATE the song
                            1. Good to know-files that away.
                            2. I went off my diet over the winter, gained back 10 of the 26 lbs I lost (though I have now lost 5 of those), and I am trying to get back on track with cutting out processed foods. Not easy to break old habits.
                            3. RL is a PIA sometimes but it does help to pay the bills and with Char out of work most of that is on my shoulders.
                            Originally posted by llp View Post
                            I am going for a walk today.....very very short one....but never the less a walk! All the way to the mailbox and back! Yeah I know, not much, but I have to be very careful with my heel so it gets well. I have a lot of touristing to do when Jumble arrives! :-D
                            I am hoping that by next week I can walk to the grocery store. It is only about 2 blocks away, but right now that would still be a challenge. However, I promise you Jumble by the time you arrive I will be walking all over the place, even if I have to strap a peg leg on!
                            Oh and my best wishes to everyone who is having issues right now, no matter how small or how large. I know I haven't really concentrated on others recently. Since I am having to take care of myself it takes up a lot of my time......I really miss my Mom at times like this, hell at all times.
                            *hugs Laurie* baby steps are just as important as big steps so do what you need to so you can get better.
                            Originally posted by josiane View Post
                            *flops into thread*
                            Yeesh. Bad day. Sigh.
                            *huggles all*

Nad, awesome to see you back, and glad that things are OK :-)
                            Laurie, yay for you sorting out your diet and feeling better :-)

OK, I'm off to watch MoB's vid and then zonk out...
                            *hugs for bad day Josi*
                            Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
                            Aww! Thanks for all the welcomes back and hugs and good vibes! :-)
                            *hugs WooHoos*
                            Dad'll be home tomorrow morning, still on meds and bedrest but hey.

*hugs Bree for RL and Josi for the bad day*
                            *hugs everyone I missed*
                            *hugs* :-)
                            Good news on your dad Nad
                            *happy sigh*
                            I just love AT Martin too, Jumble. Martin too!

I've been playing around with an idea for a publicity vid for Anderson's...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SJGOwhvi1k

Opinions please :-)

I think some of the pics need to be clearer and I definitely need more dessert pics
                            I love this and I could actually hear it as well as see it since I am in the office. I agree with what the others said about length. I have a short attention span unless I am watching AT, in which case I can be occupied for hours.
                            Originally posted by Leo1 View Post

Originally posted by starlover View Post
                            *giggles* Martin with a mustache...so wrong! Hihi...

Can I once again mention I love my internship/work! Especially the part when I get my apt bill and give it to them :-P (arrangement that was made; they pay for it!) :-D
                            Then again; I did get my hospital bills Oh well...have fun with it insurance :-P(I've got a Dutch health insurance/American one and a travel one...)

*huggles all Woohoos*

*plops on couch waiting for something useful to do at work*
                            Useful? Work? Can the two coexist? I spent hours working on the store website and in 20 minutes my boss (almost 70) made me feel completely inadequate. He likes the web site but he feels that the Internet is a waste of time and doesn't really work. Did I mention he is almost 70, very old school. He spends thousands on ads in newspapers that no one reads but I get feedback from the website that shows it is working. Trying to make him understand that is next to impossible so the hours I spend (much of it hand-coding) until my back and shoulders ache, not to mention carpel tunnel, are reduced to a 2o minute session of looking over my shoulder and making me feel like I should be doing anything but this. His daughter, my other boss, who is close to my age does everything via Internet and wants me to do it so I am constantly stuck between doing what each expects and always coming up short because if I please one then the other thinks I am wasting time, money etc.. and vice versa. No wonder I get constant headaches.
                            Sorry. That was a bit of a rant wasn't it?

Anyway, have a sparkling day Woohoo's
                            sigpic

Comment

*huggles Bree* That sucks! I'm so glad I'm not stuck between two fires! I quite like my supervisor...in general He's just a person that you do have to get used to but I like it!

Got some work done this morning but now back to waiting again...asked people to send me the stuff already but nope...still waiting*le sigh*
                              sigpic

Comment

*waves*

I can't believe I'm up already, but there you have it. Night 1/4 down.

This morning I dreamed I was "Guinevere" in Camelot. And I was singing Arthur's songs. Weird.

*yawn*
                                sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Working...
                                X