The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by llp View Post
    Hello all. Another day confined to quarters. However, my adjunct in to no meat (for awhile - need to get to the store) and only fresh foods (except for soup). And the results so far.....very minimum pain in my hands or knees. I have had a little chicken and a very small port roast (from the freezer - but self prepared). A lot of salads though, very well washed. Can't wait until the farmer's market opens up again here. They have the best in great veggies and very local. Discovered it last year and it was fantastic. I would walk there on Sundays and do my shopping for the week....but it never lasted. I ate it up to quickly.

Oh and I might at - no pain pills and NO ALEVE!
    Great news Laurie!!
    sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
      Popping in to drop off my new vid. I'm really happy with it, so I hope you enjoy it too!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LY9OuFe0tRYI should probably go drop it off with the
      Helen/John peeps too.

*hugs*
      Can't hear the song on my work comp but I love the style to the video MoB. Can't wait to watch it again with the music.
      Originally posted by Jumble View Post
      Hey WooHoos Busy busy day for me but I've got a few minutes spare to say LOVE the vid MoB
      And Laurie - I definitely agree that what you eat affects your arthritis. Proper freshly cooked vegetables are definitely better than frozen or non-organic ones, and that really goes for all foodstuffs.

Besides, you need to practise your Cordon Bleu cookery for when I visit
      Jumble, when are you going to visit Laurie?

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
      Hey WooHoos! I'm here, I'm here.
      Had a lot to catch up on (but not as much as I expected... ) so:
      *hugs all around*

Sorry to those who were a bit worried about me not beng here
      Dad's still in the hospital, but he's ok. They'll probably let him go home in a few days. The reason for the absence was that my laptop crashed and needed fixing up, it just took a little longer than I tought.
      Wishing your dad the best Nad. Glad to see you back.

Hello all. Another day confined to quarters. However, my adjunct in to no meat (for awhile - need to get to the store) and only fresh foods (except for soup). And the results so far.....very minimum pain in my hands or knees. I have had a little chicken and a very small port roast (from the freezer - but self prepared). A lot of salads though, very well washed. Can't wait until the farmer's market opens up again here. They have the best in great veggies and very local. Discovered it last year and it was fantastic. I would walk there on Sundays and do my shopping for the week....but it never lasted. I ate it up to quickly.

Wow! It's so good that your new diet is easing the pain Laurie.
      I never new what we ate had an affect on arthritis.
      I have cervical spinal arthritis and I wonder if a change in diet will help.

Work is taking over my life and destroying my GW and PS fun.
      Gotta get back to work now so have a sparkling day Woohoo's
      sigpic

Comment

Woohoo Nad is back! And good to hear it is going better with your dad!

Yahoo Laurie on feeling better! And yes, the fun world of American processed food...I must say that it's amazing for me to see the difference between Europe(or at least the Netherlands) and America(here in the South) food wise. I've never gone out for dinner this often before I went to the US...not to forget seen so much pre-prepared food in the grocery store.
        You don't know how long/hard I had to search to find some bread that I'm used to(freshly baked stuff...I now often go to Panera for that)

Had an embarrassing moment this morning...I was in a meeting with my supervisor, going over all the reports I made the last two weeks(6 of them) and through the fourth one we were going it stopped half way through...(except for the template I made)...whoops! Luckily he didn't mind since I wrote some of them when I wasn't supposed to be back to work yet
        sigpic

Comment

*squishy huggles Nad (with clothes on! )*

I've been so awol lately I had no idea your Dad was in hospital So glad to hear he's doing well

That's awesome news llp! I had no idea diet could affect arthritis so greatly! At this rate of improvement you'll be boogie-ing up a storm in no time

*empathic huggles for Bree* It totally sucks when RL messes up your GW and PS time Hope a change in diet works for you too!

I love that track, MoB. Planning to watch the vid later
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wine_buyer View Post
            Can't hear the song on my work comp but I love the style to the video MoB. Can't wait to watch it again with the music.
            LOL. I promise it is better with the music. I hope you enjoy it.

Originally posted by Oma-1 View Post

I love that track, MoB. Planning to watch the vid later
            I hope you like it. It IS a great song. Sure sign of a great song? You still like it after vidding it.
            sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Originally posted by wine_buyer View Post

Jumble, when are you going to visit Laurie?
              28th May to 4th June *bounces*

Wishing your dad the best Nad. Glad to see you back.

Wow! It's so good that your new diet is easing the pain Laurie.
              I never new what we ate had an affect on arthritis.
              I have cervical spinal arthritis and I wonder if a change in diet will help.
              If you think about it, everything we eat has to have an effect on our bodies. It's just a question of figuring out what's good for you and what isn't I've been eating (and drinking) a lot of things lately that I know are bad for me, and boy have I suffered for it It's my own fault, I just get resentful now and then and think 'what the heck, life's too short', but then my body reminds me that life may be short but it doesn't have to be that painful

Work is taking over my life and destroying my GW and PS fun.
              Gotta get back to work now so have a sparkling day Woohoo's
              *huggles for RL getting in the way*

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
              LOL. I promise it is better with the music. I hope you enjoy it.

I hope you like it. It IS a great song. Sure sign of a great song? You still like it after vidding it.
              Soooo true! I'm currently half way through one and I already HATE the song

Comment

I am going for a walk today.....very very short one....but never the less a walk! All the way to the mailbox and back! Yeah I know, not much, but I have to be very careful with my heal so it gets well. I have a lot of touristing to do when Jumble arrives!

I am hoping that by next week I can walk to the grocery store. It is only about 2 blocks away, but right now that would still be a challenge. However, I promise you Jumble by the time you arrive I will be walking all over the place, even if I have to strap a peg leg on!

Oh and my best wishes to everyone who is having issues right now, no matter how small or how large. I know I haven't really concentrated on others recently. Since I am having to take care of myself it takes up a lot of my time......I really miss my Mom at times like this, hell at all times.
                sigpic

Comment

I am going for a walk today.....very very short one....but never the less a walk! All the way to the mailbox and back! Yeah I know, not much, but I have to be very careful with my heal so it gets well. I have a lot of touristing to do when Jumble arrives!

I am hoping that by next week I can walk to the grocery store. It is only about 2 blocks away, but right now that would still be a challenge. However, I promise you Jumble by the time you arrive I will be walking all over the place, even if I have to strap a peg leg on!
                  Oh don't you stress on my account! I'll be happy just to be there and if we can't get about much I'm sure we'll find a way to entertain ourselves Just take it slowly and let time take care of it. You've got another 9 weeks to get fit

Oh and my best wishes to everyone who is having issues right now, no matter how small or how large. I know I haven't really concentrated on others recently. Since I am having to take care of myself it takes up a lot of my time......I really miss my Mom at times like this, hell at all times.
                  You need to concentrate on yourself, be selfish and don't worry about anyone else for the time being *hugs*

Comment

Originally posted by Leo1 View Post
                    *nekkid huggles Nad* *steals Dee's puppy* *goes back to lurking*
                    *grabs puppy from Leo1* Evil! *points finger at Leo1* *giggles*

Now... where wood be the fun in that?
                    Seriously though... Did you ever have that thing where you go ''Nah, one more day won't hurt''? had that and it turned out to be a week and something...

And the puppy is so cute!

Now that I missed!
                    *huggles back*
                    Nekkid.
                    Hmm... no! And thank you

Awesome!!!
                    sigpic
                    Big thanks to josi for avi and sig

Comment

*flops into thread*
                      Yeesh. Bad day. Sigh.
                      *huggles all*

Nad, awesome to see you back, and glad that things are OK

Laurie, yay for you sorting out your diet and feeling better

OK, I'm off to watch MoB's vid and then zonk out...
                      sigpic
                      Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

*hugs Josi tight for bad day*

Sleep well.
                        sigpic

Comment

Aww! Thanks for all the welcomes back and hugs and good vibes!
                          *hugs WooHoos*
                          Dad'll be home tomorrow morning, still on meds and bedrest but hey.

*hugs Bree for RL and Josi for the bad day*
                          *hugs everyone I missed*

I knew that wood make you feel comfy
                          Absolutely!

*hugs*
                          Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                          Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

*happy dances for Dad coming home and nudges Nad towards her pm box*

Comment

*happy dances for Dad coming home and nudges Nad towards her pm box*

Ah. So *that's* what the little 'notifications 1' is for?
                              II've been away sooo long!
                              Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                              Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Ah. So *that's* what the little 'notifications 1' is for?
                                II've been away sooo long!

*mutters something about goldfish*

Comment

Working...
                                X