• Show
Clear All

Awwww, Dee, she's gorgeous!

*hugs Jumble* That's so irritating, and inconsiderate
    sigpic
    Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
      2. We are totally adorable lightweights. When Josi comes to NYC in June, we'll just have to paint the town pink instead of red, is all.
      Sounds good to me
      sigpic
      Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post

Thanksss I'm so happy...
        sigpic
        Big thanks to josi for avi and sig

Comment

Originally posted by Devilish Me View Post
          Yes she is! Shesooooo cute! ...and currently ignoring me...
          My dad has a 6 pound maltese named 'Jackson.' Jackson thinks he weighs 60lbs. Adorable and hilarious. Enjoy her. She's adorable.

Sounds good to me
          "The Book of Mormon" (which btw is the hottest ticket on bway right now! Glad I got in in early previews before everyone found out how good it was!) and Painting the town Pink. Check. YAY!
          sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Mornin Woohoos,

Making tea to settle my tummy given that I had bacon and eggs for dinner at midnight, lol.

*huggles Laurie* for teh sicks. Hope you are better today.

Works well for me. Teeny tiny woohoos have teeny tiny livers.
            Mine must be huge then

1. Nope. LOL. Some dreams just are what they are, lol.

2. We are totally adorable lightweights. When Josi comes to NYC in June, we'll just have to paint the town pink instead of red, is all.
            But that's not the WooHoo Way

3. Seems like a lot of work to me.
            Takes dedication

It is, and then she wonders why we don't get on so well

Beautiful puppy Dee

Comment

I got a new puppy!

http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot..._6794782_n.jpg

I had the same kind up until last year, when we had to put her down, and our other dog died ten days ago, and I think we all felt a little alone. Though we still had (and have New Foundler in the yard). So without telling anyone my brother got a retriver which will live here when they move in, and I got the dog as well (though I did consult my parents).
              Her name is Sapa which translates into Paw. And she's adorable...
              I just want to grab her and squish her in a big hug! She's absolutely adorable.

Mornin Woohoos,

Making tea to settle my tummy given that I had bacon and eggs for dinner at midnight, lol.
              Reed's Ginger Brew is a good tummy settler.

Comment

Originally posted by Sarai View Post
                Sending positive thoughts and good wishes Nads way.

*squishy huggles Bekki for poobags week* (but yay for seeing the bruder!)

Yay Friday ! *flops on couch*

Spoilered for RLness

Spoiler:
                We're going to see a house tomorrow morning, and then to the bank in the afternoon with a view to arranging a mortgage. Any good advice for things we should ask/keep an eye out for wood be greatly appreciated. I'm a tad nervous !

Re: RLness

Spoiler:
                Sorry I haven't been around lately so just saw this. Don't know if it is too late but some basic tips (hopefully they all translate):

I am constantly amazed by how little time people spend on looking at a house when it is the biggest purchase of their lives. So take your time. Look beyond the cosmetics and nice furnishings. Don't be pressured by the vendor or your agent.

Get a proper home inspection. Best if you have someone you know personally who has experience with houses but if not, get recommendations from friends and family. Question the inspector on his/her experience and read the fine print of any agreement with them. Here inspectors are not licensed or regulated so anyone can call himself a home inspector. Also, their contracts often limit their liability if they screw up to just the cost you paid them to do the inspection. If the inspector flags something, have that checked further by an expert in that area. For example, inspectors are generalists so if there is a foundation problem they can id a potential problem but you shoudl follow up with an engineer to find out the extent of the problem and the cost to repair it.

Impose conditions on the offer (like the inspection) to give you an out. Talk to your lawyer before you make the offer, he/she will likely have very helpful advice.

With regard to the mortgage. Make sure it is something you can still afford if interest rates go up. I find that many clients maximize the amount of mortgage and monthly payments that they can afford. Fine if they are locked in for the next few years but after that, if interest rates increase, they are not going to be able to afford the payments. If you do lock in for a period of time, find out what the penalty is for paying off the mortgage early (for example, if you sell the house). I am aware of people with penalties as large as $10,000.00.

If you are buying the house with someone else, plan for what happens if things don't work out (sorry, reality). Are you paying equally toward the downpayment, mortgage, etc. If you are paying more, make sure you are protected to get that money back if things don't work out.

Originally posted by llp View Post
                I think I heard someone mention my name so I logged in. First time I've had any energy to do anything...and no one is home!
                Well just to let you know I am starting to fell a little better. Not much, stomach still really hurts but at least better. Being sick sucks. Probably won't be online much other than to read a little. But I started doing a little writing again as well. So much be doing better!
                Well, glad you are feeling a little better at least. Hugs.

I got a new puppy!

http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot..._6794782_n.jpg

I had the same kind up until last year, when we had to put her down, and our other dog died ten days ago, and I think we all felt a little alone. Though we still had (and have New Foundler in the yard). So without telling anyone my brother got a retriver which will live here when they move in, and I got the dog as well (though I did consult my parents).
                Her name is Sapa which translates into Paw. And she's adorable...

Soooo adorable!

Originally posted by hedwig View Post

Reed's Ginger Brew is a good tummy settler.
                Or Canada Dry gingerale!
                Last edited by EH-T; 20 March 2011, 01:11 PM.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                  Or Canada Dry gingerale!
                  I used to like Canada Dry before I discovered Ginger Brew. It makes Canada Dry (and Schweppes) taste very weak in comparison.

Comment

Awww, Dee. Gorgeous!

Wasn't me I was out

Maybe it was fixing the virus problem Wendy discovered?
                    Maybe! And good job too

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
                    Aaaargh! Don't you just love it when people change their plans, of which you are an integral part, and don't bother telling you???
                    Yes. I hate that. I hate it. It makes me pull my hair out.

*hugs* I'm sorry it's happened
                    sigpic
                    Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Thank you to all the well wishers. I am slowly improving each day by little bits. But at least it is an improvement. Decided to wait another day or to before I walk to the mail box. It is amazing how weak I have become. Sadly, I think my age plays a part in that. Wouldn't be so weak even 10 years ago. But, I'm looking on the positive side...I do feel better and even my heel doesn't hurt as much when I do that stretching exercise.

Dee - love that little white ball of fluff. So adorable!

Now here is a little strange fact I want to share. As most of you know, I suffer from arthitis. My hands and my knees being the worst areas. For quite a while I've been taking an Aleve (and now 2 Aleves) to help with the pain and it certainly does. However, because of my food poisoning I stopped all meds for awhile and I'm just starting back on them. Now for the strange part.

My arthitis isn't bothering me very much. In fact, I have only taken just 1 Aleve pill since I started using meds again and stopped even that. Why so little pain? I am starting to eat again so I decided to analyse that. Since I started eating food again I have eaten only one thing that was frozen. Everything else is fresh. I did have a neighbor drop me off something made at the store, but mostly just fresh foods (all though not a lot). The only canned item I have had was soup.

My question is this.....is whatever crap they put into a frozen item for preservatives doing this to me? I can only wonder. However, when I go to the doctor's office on Thursday, I am going to stop at Whole Foods and buy organic fresh items from there. I think for the next few weeks I will cook everything myself and only use organic foods. Oh I also haven't had any meat since then except in the soup. Maybe it is what is put into beef? Makes me wonder. After a few weeks more, I will let you know how it goes. I am going to be really pissed if I did this damage to myself because of the crap that they use to make food last longer! Maybe I'm one of those lucky people that can't eat that, maybe we are all a little like that or maybe I am just nuts! Any or all could be the case!
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
                        Thank you to all the well wishers. I am slowly improving each day by little bits. But at least it is an improvement. Decided to wait another day or to before I walk to the mail box. It is amazing how weak I have become. Sadly, I think my age plays a part in that. Wouldn't be so weak even 10 years ago. But, I'm looking on the positive side...I do feel better and even my heel doesn't hurt as much when I do that stretching exercise.

Dee - love that little white ball of fluff. So adorable!

Now here is a little strange fact I want to share. As most of you know, I suffer from arthitis. My hands and my knees being the worst areas. For quite a while I've been taking an Aleve (and now 2 Aleves) to help with the pain and it certainly does. However, because of my food poisoning I stopped all meds for awhile and I'm just starting back on them. Now for the strange part.

My arthitis isn't bothering me very much. In fact, I have only taken just 1 Aleve pill since I started using meds again and stopped even that. Why so little pain? I am starting to eat again so I decided to analyse that. Since I started eating food again I have eaten only one thing that was frozen. Everything else is fresh. I did have a neighbor drop me off something made at the store, but mostly just fresh foods (all though not a lot). The only canned item I have had was soup.

My question is this.....is whatever crap they put into a frozen item for preservatives doing this to me? I can only wonder. However, when I go to the doctor's office on Thursday, I am going to stop at Whole Foods and buy organic fresh items from there. I think for the next few weeks I will cook everything myself and only use organic foods. Oh I also haven't had any meat since then except in the soup. Maybe it is what is put into beef? Makes me wonder. After a few weeks more, I will let you know how it goes. I am going to be really pissed if I did this damage to myself because of the crap that they use to make food last longer! Maybe I'm one of those lucky people that can't eat that, maybe we are all a little like that or maybe I am just nuts! Any or all could be the case!
                        I can pretty much guarantee that the additives in a lot of foods (frozen or otherwise) can cause such things as the arthritis you've experienced. I know for a fact that there are certain kinds of bottled, canned or frozen foods I can't eat because they will cause varying degrees of misery for me. Maybe you could experiment more with some of the things you would normally eat and see if you experience discomfort afterwards.

Comment

*runz through thread.....so fast it's a blur.....
                          ......so you can't tell if I'm nekkid or not*

*hugs for sick Woohoo's, hugs for feeling better Woohoo's and hugs for all Woohoo's in between*

Love the Puppy!!!!!!! So Cute!
                          sigpic

Comment

*tumbles into thread*

I've been vidding all afternoon, but I am very proud of the results! I am uploading to YT as we speak and will share as soon as it's done. (big file, will take a while) BUT it's Helen/John to Adele's "Set Fire to the Rain." LOVE this song. Fits Helen & John's complicated/conflicted relationship perfectly.

*huggles all*

Laurie- definitely keep up us up-to-date on how the cleanse goes.
                            sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Popping in to drop off my new vid. I'm really happy with it, so I hope you enjoy it too!

Spoiler:

I should probably go drop it off with the Helen/John peeps too.

*hugs*
                              sigpic

Comment

Popping in to drop off my new vid. I'm really happy with it, so I hope you enjoy it too!

Spoiler:

I should probably go drop it off with the Helen/John peeps too.

*hugs*
                                Well done. I really like that song; I've not heard it before.

Comment

Working...
                                X