No announcement yet.

The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The calorie gods were looking out for me today because on my way back from my errands I swung into starbucks for a chai latte only to see the line was out the door, so instead, I came home and am having a much healthier, homemade, chai.

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
    1. This is what we aim for

2. I've never been a runner, and I can't take it up now because........ well, you know....... trampolines

3. It really is sad. I've had the situation more than once where I've cared for a child whilst it's mother was at school. To be fair, in a lot of cases it works out well, where there is a lot of family support for mother and child and they are both surrounded with love and encouragement. In other cases it's not so good, especially where the father takes no responsibility, there is no family support and the young mother is left to cope alone. I've been a lone parent for a lot of my adult life and it was hard, but at least I was an adult. I can't even begin to understand how a 12 or 13 year old wood manage alone
    1. Then you have succeeded beyond wildest expectations. I've spent the last several years being WAY too serious!

2. TBH, I haven't been a runner since high school, when I played field hockey and did gymnastics. But now that I've gotten into it again (it's been 7 mos!), I'm in love. But it is a lot of impact, and obv not for everyone.

3. I'm definitely finding some of these pregnancies hard to get in a good head-space about. Especially the blase way some of them treat them. I, fo sho, need to have a baby in the not-too-far-distant future. This will do wonders for my head-space. I hope.
    sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
      The calorie gods were looking out for me today because on my way back from my errands I swung into starbucks for a chai latte only to see the line was out the door, so instead, I came home and am having a much healthier, homemade, chai.

1. Then you have succeeded beyond wildest expectations. I've spent the last several years being WAY too serious!
      Oh me too! People that have known me well for years are seriously gobsmacked by the change in me over the last few years. My children included Be it the Tapping Effect, the Wood Effect or the WooHoo Effect, it's a bloody GOOD effect

2. TBH, I haven't been a runner since high school, when I played field hockey and did gymnastics. But now that I've gotten into it again (it's been 7 mos!), I'm in love. But it is a lot of impact, and obv not for everyone.
      Impact, yes. Bad for the old knees But there are other ways to exercise that I'm easily capable of (no ickybah intended ) (although........) and am really enjoying Walking is good, especially whilst pushing a double buggy with two quite heavy kids in it. That's a pretty good workout and fun at the same time

3. I'm definitely finding some of these pregnancies hard to get in a good head-space about. Especially the blase way some of them treat them. I, fo sho, need to have a baby in the not-too-far-distant future. This will do wonders for my head-space. I hope.
      It is hard, but let's face it, it's life

If you're thinking of going it alone, just make sure you go in with your eyes wide open because seriously it really is hard! But yeah, sooo worth it

Looking back, there are a lot of things that I wood change if I could, but having my children, being with them, watching them grow into confident, 'nice' people - I woodn't change that for the world

Comment

Originally posted by Sarai View Post
        Just going through all my AT5 pics for the book. I seem to have a multitude of pics of Josi doing this...

*runz*
        LOL!

You know, you are lucky I'm a Luddite and don't know how to post pics or that lovely one of you from lunch wood be all over this thread!

Yes, she did do that rather a lot Lucy looks somewhat ..... surprised? Shocked?

Speaking of pics, is my TSE EH-T disc still on your to-do list?

Is that my pics from TSE? Do you not have those? Some lovely ones of you and Martin.

Originally posted by wine_buyer View Post
        The more I view the absolute devestation in Japan the more heartbroken I become.
        So, so very sad.

EDIT: Sorry, not trying to be a downer.

*huggles WooHoo's*
        Not being a downer, just expressing your concern for your fellow human beings. We all feel the same way.

Jumble: Thanks for posting the vids! And your banners are fabulous as always!

Re: the dream-- my anxiety dreams always seem to be with me back in University x years later with 1 or 2 courses unfinished. All the while my mind is screaming "BUT I HAVE A COPY OF MY DEGREE! WTH?"

Cray-cray.

*hugs*

Gotta go for a run. It's a gorgeous, sunny day.

Oh, and new icons for Sanctuary 20 in 20 here. My episode was Requiem. Still my favorite. Nothing like a little Magnus-crazee.
        I love Requiem, one of my fav episodes as well. I consider myself very lucky to have a script from Requiem.

BTW, MoB thanks so much for the lovely card and woohoo photo that arrived in the mail yesterday. Very sweet of you. I really need to work on my MW look!

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
          LOL!

You know, you are lucky I'm a Luddite and don't know how to post pics or that lovely one of you from lunch wood be all over this thread!

Did I ever mention what a wonderful, gracious and generous person you are...?!

Comment

Evening

Just back home after a successful concert - our madrigals went very well and the rest of the programme was lovely too!

@ Wrex, and *hugs* for Laurie being confined. Hope your heel gets better soon and you can get back out and about

*huggles all*

Night!
            sigpic
            Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

*bounces a little bit*

My family bought the puppy...no choice yet since they're still too young, but apparently dad talked his way into the fact that we're going to be the first family that can choose from the pups! So in 4/5 weeks they can choose which one is going to be ours... (because then you can really start noticing the differences between the pups)

EDIT: And every question that I had was answered positively Even the grandpa was living there so they have a male dog that corrects them
              Last edited by starlover; 12 March 2011, 02:37 PM.
              sigpic

Comment

1. I love Requiem, one of my fav episodes as well. I consider myself very lucky to have a script from Requiem.

2. BTW, MoB thanks so much for the lovely card and woohoo photo that arrived in the mail yesterday. Very sweet of you. I really need to work on my MW look!
                1. Ooh. That's cool.

2. YW! I'm trying to PM you, but your mailbox is full...

Originally posted by josiane View Post
                Evening

Just back home after a successful concert - our madrigals went very well and the rest of the programme was lovely too!

@ Wrex, and *hugs* for Laurie being confined. Hope your heel gets better soon and you can get back out and about

*huggles all*

Night!
                Yay! Congrats! Sleep well.
                sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Hello fabulous friends

Yay for puppy times, Jann!

Josi - yay for madrigals!!! Hope it was fun!

*puts on dream interpreter hat*

Ok, MoB Here's what I've got...

You're entering a time of your life where there are things you know and have done are very familiar and come easily to you, but it's different this time. These differences are fun and exciting, but be careful of underestimating things you think you already know. The over priced beer and the knife represent those things - things that seem too familiar to pay attention to, but may in fact have hidden surprises. There might be hidden agendas, surprises or unexpected changes. Don't underestimate anything, regardless of how routine it might be That's what I think your dream is telling you

*takes off hat*

sigpic

Comment

LOL!

I'm sure you know someone else who could post it for you

Is that my pics from TSE? Do you not have those? Some lovely ones of you and Martin.
                    I have these....

Originally posted by Bekki View Post
                    Hello fabulous friends

Yay for puppy times, Jann!

Josi - yay for madrigals!!! Hope it was fun!

You're entering a time of your life where there are things you know and have done are very familiar and come easily to you, but it's different this time. These differences are fun and exciting, but be careful of underestimating things you think you already know. The over priced beer and the knife represent those things - things that seem too familiar to pay attention to, but may in fact have hidden surprises. There might be hidden agendas, surprises or unexpected changes. Don't underestimate anything, regardless of how routine it might be That's what I think your dream is telling you

*takes off hat*

You're so much better at this - I'll leave it to you in future
                    Last edited by Jumble; 13 March 2011, 12:52 AM.

Comment

Morning all

Can you believe my nephew is six months old today? Where has the time gone?!

Jann, yay for the puppy!

Bekki, you are the awesomest dream interpreter ever. Srsly. You should go into business or something

Jumble and EH-T, love those pics! Haven't seen the second and third ones before, they're awesome!
                      sigpic
                      Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Jann the puppies are super cute, yay for getting one

Popping out to sort out AA stuff, get ready for the results of the Nominations to be posted tonight

Comment

Morning all

You have to keep your eye on them, otherwise before you know it they're going to school, dating, getting married and having children of their own

No, seriously - it's true!!! I took my eyes off Jo for a few minutes and when I looked back she'd grown up and had 4 kids

Jann, yay for the puppy!

Bekki, you are the awesomest dream interpreter ever. Srsly. You should go into business or something

Jumble and EH-T, love those pics! Haven't seen the second and third ones before, they're awesome!
                          I hadn't seen those two before either until I spotted them in Sarai's Photobook the other day I've got my fingers crossed for more awesome pics from EH-T when Sarai has time

Comment

Morning all! *waves*

We set the clocks forward last night. Not sure how this bodes for my night shift tonight. Hoping it means I'll be more awake.

Originally posted by Bekki View Post

*takes off hat*
                            Lots of food for thought! Thank you Bekki.

Morning all

Wow! Time flies! Happy birthday to him.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sarai View Post

Did I ever mention what a wonderful, gracious and generous person you are...?!

Well said!

Originally posted by starlover View Post
                              *bounces a little bit*

My family bought the puppy...no choice yet since they're still too young, but apparently dad talked his way into the fact that we're going to be the first family that can choose from the pups! So in 4/5 weeks they can choose which one is going to be ours... (because then you can really start noticing the differences between the pups)

EDIT: And every question that I had was answered positively Even the grandpa was living there so they have a male dog that corrects them
                              Yay!

1. Ooh. That's cool.

2. YW! I'm trying to PM you, but your mailbox is full...

Yay! Congrats! Sleep well.
                              Cleaned it up a bit.

I'm sure you know someone else who could post it for you

I have these....

You're so much better at this - I'll leave it to you in future

Morning all

Jann, yay for the puppy!

That pic of Jumble and Sarai is lovely.

You have to keep your eye on them, otherwise before you know it they're going to school, dating, getting married and having children of their own

No, seriously - it's true!!! I took my eyes off Jo for a few minutes and when I looked back she'd grown up and had 4 kids

I hadn't seen those two before either until I spotted them in Sarai's Photobook the other day I've got my fingers crossed for more awesome pics from EH-T when Sarai has time
                              There should also be a couple of you and Martin at lunch, one with Martin holding up the General Jack O'neill name plate, one of AT taking a picture of you and Martin (he is pulling his MW face and you are looking adoringly at him) and there is one of Martin kissing you but, unfortunately, that one is blurry.

I thought you already had all the pics. If I get a chance, I'll e-mail them to you.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Who took my hour? I just woke up thinking...yay...it's not afternoon yet and then booted up my computer to see that it was...

Love those pictures Jumble and the one of you and Sarai is awesome too
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X