No announcement yet.

The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

YAY Bekki for getting the part! That's great news!

Me finding a guy on a random place whilst I'm sick; bad luck. In general I have doctors orders "not to have fun" Perhaps I'll see him again when I'm better!

And I miss my parents...nobody is bringing me food right now; I actually have to get up to get it!
    sigpic

Comment

I'm coming here to see how others feel about some news I got from an insider in MGM. The new backers believe that since SGU didn't do well that the interest for the whole Stargate universe is dead and the fans are not interested. So the whole issue with any movies is pretty much gone. I know they are reporting that Brad Wright is pushing for SGU movies and the TPTB are going to watch the numbers of the remaining SGU episode to see if the fans are serious but we know how that's going to turn out. I really want to want to shake the pots at MGM, to wake them up that SG1 and SGA has nothing to do with SGU, and if SG1/SGA movie was made, it would bring in the money. But is anyone else interested to start a Firefly rally? I'm coming here because I know you guys were behind the original MOP, so what do you think?
      sigpic

Comment

I'd be interested Trupi, what kind of thing do you have in mind?

*huggles Jann* - but yay for a nice boy !!

Comment

Congrats Bekki for getting the part....always good to be challenged!

Wendy - were you drinking a lot before you went to bed? I agree with Jumble, it was an abnormal....but the pram hat....definately too much wine for you!

Jumble - the area is really nice and very new. It's near Boeing but the noise is a minimum. They don't fly much from that airport. What I would loose is my view. No water around there. It has a huge shopping area, tons of stores (probably have to drive to the grocers but it is only about a mile away. Even has a movie about 2 blocks away. But it is a huge complex. Really huge. So I wouldn't want to be around the pool area - and I love being on the top floor so no one walks over my head. I have a lease here until Sept 10th, so no decision needed right now. Looks like lovely big walkin closets and about 250 sq ft more. Don't know. Will have to think about it. Plus the packing. Anyone want to come and visit and help me pack!

Sundays, love Sundays. The sun is out for the next 2 days, a little warmer - should be about 45*F/7*C today. A walk to the grocery would be nice. Love days like this and love them to be on a Sunday!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
            Congrats Bekki for getting the part....always good to be challenged!

Wendy - were you drinking a lot before you went to bed? I agree with Jumble, it was an abnormal....but the pram hat....definately too much wine for you!
            What I want to know is why we were helping him up the stairs..........

Jumble - the area is really nice and very new. It's near Boeing but the noise is a minimum. They don't fly much from that airport. What I would loose is my view. No water around there. It has a huge shopping area, tons of stores (probably have to drive to the grocers but it is only about a mile away. Even has a movie about 2 blocks away. But it is a huge complex. Really huge. So I wouldn't want to be around the pool area - and I love being on the top floor so no one walks over my head. I have a lease here until Sept 10th, so no decision needed right now. Looks like lovely big walkin closets and about 250 sq ft more. Don't know. Will have to think about it. Plus the packing. Anyone want to come and visit and help me pack!
            Hm. A lot to consider then. It wood be a shame to lose your view and the water...... and maybe you woodn't be happy living in such a huge complex. Weighed up against the saving on the rent and the extra space, only you can decide what matters most to you

Sundays, love Sundays. The sun is out for the next 2 days, a little warmer - should be about 45*F/7*C today. A walk to the grocery would be nice. Love days like this and love them to be on a Sunday!
            It's been very sunny here today, but still only 5*C. Still, it is starting to feel like winter is almost over at last

Comment

It's 6 C in here today and I'm COLD! It has been around the 20 C in here the last few weeks so I already got in the spring feeling ...now it's back to cold winter
              sigpic

Comment

Lots to catch up on!
                *huggles Nad*
                *huggles Jann*
                *happy dances for Bekki*
                sigpic

Comment

*sends all kinds of hugs, good vibes, cupcakes and um... stuff*

I know I'm not properly replying, but I did catch up.

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
                  According to Nad, it's so that when you finish your post with a smiley you can use the scroll bar to make it jump up and down

But that's just Nad
                  'T is true, you know.
                  What other reason could there possibly be?

Originally posted by trupi View Post
                  I'm coming here to see how others feel about some news I got from an insider in MGM. The new backers believe that since SGU didn't do well that the interest for the whole Stargate universe is dead and the fans are not interested. So the whole issue with any movies is pretty much gone. I know they are reporting that Brad Wright is pushing for SGU movies and the TPTB are going to watch the numbers of the remaining SGU episode to see if the fans are serious but we know how that's going to turn out. I really want to want to shake the pots at MGM, to wake them up that SG1 and SGA has nothing to do with SGU, and if SG1/SGA movie was made, it would bring in the money. But is anyone else interested to start a Firefly rally? I'm coming here because I know you guys were behind the original MOP, so what do you think?
                  I think that there still are quite a few fans hoping to see 'their' movie being made. And we deserve it, goshdarnit!

But seriously...
                  ''Since SGU didn't do well that the interest for the whole Stargate universe is dead and the fans are not interested.''

Huh?! How did that logic came to be? It made me giggle. *nods*

Having said that, the pure passion to *organize* a rally is disappearing, but I wood support it. I'd still spend my money on SG.
                  Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                  Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Evening Woohoos

Another day of madrigal singing for me today - concert's next week and hopefully it'll go well! It was sounding pretty good today so fingers crossed!

*happy dances for Bekki getting the part* Well done you!

Trupi, I'm with Nad on the movies campaign thing. I'd be happy to support, but I'm kinda past the desperate need to have them made, tbh If they don't happen then *shrug*, they don't happen. I was never as much of an SGA fan as an SG1 fan, and I'm kinda happy with the SG1 story as it is. Although more Stargate is always good And that is crazy logic from the money men
                    sigpic
                    Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Ah come on people....they made a series of Star Trek movies way after the series was defunct. Surely we can have on more SG1 movie made to finish up some of the story lines. So Trupi, what do you have in mind?
                      sigpic

Comment

Jumble - you are right, I do have some serious thinking to do, but not right now. I have too many other important things to think about...a trip to visit my new Grand Niece and a very special visitor coming here! These important matters come first.

I will revisit the idea later, maybe around July. And, I need to make a trip to actually see the places and see if I would want to live there. I really like living on the island, so beautiful and lovely here. It would have to be pretty spectacular to make me move.
                        sigpic

Comment

[QUOTE=MidwifeOnBoard;12388544]
                          Originally posted by EH-T View Post

I have to admit, I probably would too. I'm super-curious to his POV on the world of geekdom.

The con I went to wood not have been a good time to ask that question since there was a particular fan who was a problem (and had been the same at a previous con in Chicago). He handled her well though (sadly, probably had a lot of experience from which to draw).

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
                          Thanks for the hugs and good vibes, WooHoos
                          It now looks like there might be something a little worse going on with my dad than what they thought, but they're not sure. Still looks like things will be ok soonish, though.

See, I never 'got into' MS so I wood have done the geeky thing and go for TPTB.
                          Hope so. Fingers crossed.

Originally posted by starlover View Post
                          *huggles Nad and her dad again* I seriously hope it's nothing serious and your dad will be home soon!
                          *huggles Cags* for everything that happened to her and her family!

All this convention talk...one day I will attend one...one day! *dreams*

My parents left 45 minutes ago. So sad. Now I understand why they were this reluctant to come at first...because of the saying goodbye again. It's no fun . I am glad that they came though; I don't know how I would have been without them here the last 10 days. I think them being here made my recovery go a lot faster!

Also took my first shower in two weeks, which was a bit scary because of the open wound that I explained earlier(doc gave me the ok though and told me that showering was perfectly ok), but I handled it well and didn't fainted at the sight of it(yes I'm a wuss I know)
                          And for the ones wondering...I did get cleaned during those two weeks; had to take a so called "birdy bath"(aka cleaning myself with a washcloth) and someone (mom or the nurse) would wash my hair!

Also *hugs Jumble* for the drains you had in the past. The story you just told there sounds like mine. They were also between all the organs so the hitting of those organs part was painful! Then again thinking about the fact that they took all my organs on the right side out/moved during surgery to clean up the mess of the abscess is a yucky thought too and explains why the tubes were in ouchy places!

Sorry again if I talk so much about myself...it's just that this has become my place to vent/talk about everything! Sorry! *huggles all the Woohoos*
                          Vent away!

Originally posted by Bekki View Post
                          yay! morning babies! *huggles MoB*

We just got our cast list from our auditions on Friday, and I got the part I wanted! YAAAAY! I'm very excited because it's the main role in one of the shows (we're doing bits of 5 different shows) and I really didn't think I'd get it because I usually do really high soprano/quirky/young type stuff, but I got a much older, deeper, angstier part than I'm used to, and I sooooo wanted the challenge! So excited!!!

It has been a perfect weekend

*huggles all the woodiehoos*
                          Woohoo!

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

It wood be awesome to have the movie(s). And only when it/they are being made by the people who have been working on the series. I'd even love to see it scaled down to one 'grand movie' where SG-1 meets SGA meets SGU. It's all the same universe anyway.

But the longer the wait... You know the story.
                            Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                            Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

I've just seen The King's speech! Colin Firth is awesome!!!
                              ...and just after the speech, the first person who congratulates him is a "Mr Wood"!
                              sigpic
                              My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Since the investors in MGM are new they really don't know the Stargate background or fandom. They are walking into SGU, which is losing money and not really strong with a following, so they associate it to a losing business.
                                The story is written and I think Martin would still be happy to direct it. Once they are on board I think others would follow (most of the old crew is working for AT). Am I too far off?
                                I think MGM has just to hear from all the old Stargate fans (even if you don't care, please postcard them) and what we want. Just like you guys did with MOP, except we hit all the SGA and SG1 thread. This isn't only about ship but movie wars I have to ask my inside source if it's the actors are willing because if they're not, then there's no reason to start.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X