• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
    Oh, c'mon, sing for us.

Sending good vibes and hugs your way.

squishy huggles to you

Yay!

Woohoo to Wendy on the house!

Big thanks to llp who (sadly) is not coming to the Vancouver con but has kindly offered me her seat which will be vacant. Much closer to the front. Better for pics and for seeing all those gorgeous guys. Hmmm, now I think about it, I believe all of the guests are men.
    Which is why you're going, yes?

But THE Man won't be there will he? So I'm not missing anything.... am I? .... unless..... No, he won't .......... will he?

Please keep your camera handy and fully charged EH-T, just in case...........

Originally posted by XFchemist View Post
    MoB I prefer the second pic

For the quote..in the end I chose something simpler. Your opinion?

Oh I think that's brilliant! I'm sure he'll like it

Edit: MoB! Img tags!

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
      You should know

MoB, that's a tough one - I love both of those pics But I think I'd go for the first one, like Jumble, if I had to pick And awww on the bubs!

Sil, lovely wp, I'm sure he'll love it
      sigpic
      Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

[QUOTE]
        Which is why you're going, yes?
        Mere coincidence.

But THE Man won't be there will he? So I'm not missing anything.... am I? .... unless..... No, he won't .......... will he?

Please keep your camera handy and fully charged EH-T, just in case...........
        Will do but I don't think you have to worry about missing Martin. He is not a scheduled guest as of now and, to my knowledge, he has never done a Creation event. BW will be there though. Giving a talk on the Sunday and then signing autographs for free. The only other time I went to a Creation event (in 2009 which coincided with the Sanctuary tour) BW and RC participated. Missed their autos then because it was the same time MS was on stage and I had never seen him before. I chose MS over them. I know....bad woohoo.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

[QUOTE=EH-T;12388495]

Will do but I don't think you have to worry about missing Martin. He is not a scheduled guest as of now and, to my knowledge, he has never done a Creation event. BW will be there though. Giving a talk on the Sunday and then signing autographs for free. The only other time I went to a Creation event (in 2009 which coincided with the Sanctuary tour) BW and RC participated. Missed their autos then because it was the same time MS was on stage and I had never seen him before. I chose MS over them. I know....bad woohoo.
          I have to admit, I probably would too. I'm super-curious to his POV on the world of geekdom.
          sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

[QUOTE=EH-T;12388495]

Mere coincidence.
            Of course

That's a relief!

It was knowing that Brad and CJ were going to be there that made me wonder if he might just drop in for a little catch-up with his old Stargate friends But I guess he'll be busy with S4 by then anyway

Believe it or not, there was a time when I wood have favoured MS over any PTB But I know better now

Comment

Thanks for the hugs and good vibes, WooHoos
              It now looks like there might be something a little worse going on with my dad than what they thought, but they're not sure. Still looks like things will be ok soonish, though.

Believe it or not, there was a time when I wood have favoured MS over any PTB But I know better now
              See, I never 'got into' MS so I wood have done the geeky thing and go for TPTB.
              Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
              Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
                Thanks for the hugs and good vibes, WooHoos
                It now looks like there might be something a little worse going on with my dad than what they thought, but they're not sure. Still looks like things will be ok soonish, though.
                Not knowing is the hardest part, huh? Tell him we're all thinking of him and sending lots of good vibes to help him feel better And extra hugs for Mom, because she must be feeling totally helpless

See, I never 'got into' MS so I wood have done the geeky thing and go for TPTB.
                Ah, but you see that was so looooong ago that I didn't even know what 'TPTB' meant But of course, you educated me and set me on the right path, for which I will be forever grateful

*huggles*

Comment

*huggles Nad and her dad again* I seriously hope it's nothing serious and your dad will be home soon!
                  *huggles Cags* for everything that happened to her and her family!

All this convention talk...one day I will attend one...one day! *dreams*

My parents left 45 minutes ago. So sad. Now I understand why they were this reluctant to come at first...because of the saying goodbye again. It's no fun . I am glad that they came though; I don't know how I would have been without them here the last 10 days. I think them being here made my recovery go a lot faster!

Also took my first shower in two weeks, which was a bit scary because of the open wound that I explained earlier(doc gave me the ok though and told me that showering was perfectly ok), but I handled it well and didn't fainted at the sight of it(yes I'm a wuss I know)
                  And for the ones wondering...I did get cleaned during those two weeks; had to take a so called "birdy bath"(aka cleaning myself with a washcloth) and someone (mom or the nurse) would wash my hair!

Also *hugs Jumble* for the drains you had in the past. The story you just told there sounds like mine. They were also between all the organs so the hitting of those organs part was painful! Then again thinking about the fact that they took all my organs on the right side out/moved during surgery to clean up the mess of the abscess is a yucky thought too and explains why the tubes were in ouchy places!

Sorry again if I talk so much about myself...it's just that this has become my place to vent/talk about everything! Sorry! *huggles all the Woohoos*
                  sigpic

Comment

Just glad to year that you are on the mend (((Jann)))
                    sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

*huggles Jann* Don't you worry, you talk as much as you need to! We've all been worried about you being so ill all on your own and far away from home. If it's helped you to come in here and rant and wail then at least that makes us feel a bit useful to you Really wish we could give you real hugs and cuddles, but virtual ones will have to do for now. I'm feeling really sorry for your Mom and Dad now, having to go back and leave you behind But really glad to hear that having them there has speeded up your recovery a bit. Your state of mind really does have an effect on your body's ability to heal itself

*huggles again* Just you get plenty of rest and take care of yourself! Worrying about you young 'uns isn't good for us WooHoo Grannies

Edit: Lee sends you hugs

Comment

*huggles* Yes, I did realize that my state of mind influences the recovery! Mom and dad being here made me worry less and be more happy; I think that helped a lot. Again I realized that my parents are amazing and I woodn't trade them for the world! *huggles 'em*
                        Dad making me go to the hospital that Sunday saved my life(doc told me yesterday that if I would have waited one more day I would have most likely gotten sepsis...and if I hadn't been this young...well...I don't want to think about that ) in the end and it's good to know that my parents can read me that well and make sure I go to the doc when needed!

I wish I woodn't let you the Woohoo Granny worry that much, but I'm glad I'm getting better and that's what matters!

Oohhhh huggles from Lee...thank him for me
                        sigpic

Comment

*hugs Jann* What MoB and Jumble said Even though it's tough to have had to say goodbye, them being there has been a really good thing. Just keep looking after yourself!

And @ Lee!

*hugs Nad* Sorry your dad's not so good Hope they can sort him out quickly and he'll be right as rain soon!
                          sigpic
                          Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Ah Jann, I give you much sympathy. My drains well out easily, but I also had the wound (the bottom 1/2) split open as well. It took a while to heal and like you, I had my Mum around to care for me. Which was a good thing since I didn't like looking into my insides either. Mine was from a hysterectomy. Lookily (sort of) the scar is now gone after they botched a hernia operation that came very close to killing me. When they went to fix that, I ended up with a plastic surgeon and he saw to it that there was the minimum of a little scar left and I got a partial tummy tuck for the same price - nothing! Funny how they chose not to charge me for that second surgery. I had everyone telling me to sue, but chose not to because it was an error and not done on purpose. I know, I could have been rich, but not that way. Somehow it didn't seem right.

So where is everyone today. It is only 1:30 pm here but night time in England and evening back East. What is everyone up to....mischief I surely hope!

Oh and thank you very much MoB for the picture and kind words. Very sweet....you will make a wonderful addition to our West Coast woohoos!

Well, time for some lunch. Have plenty of salad makings if anyone is interested!
                            sigpic

Comment

Ah one last thought....Jumble - I have put together the first of two "bar" stools so we can eat breakfast at the kitchen counter. See, you are making me straighten up the place a little to make room for you, oh and let you sit while you eat!
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
                                *huggles* Yes, I did realize that my state of mind influences the recovery! Mom and dad being here made me worry less and be more happy; I think that helped a lot. Again I realized that my parents are amazing and I woodn't trade them for the world! *huggles 'em*
                                Dad making me go to the hospital that Sunday saved my life(doc told me yesterday that if I would have waited one more day I would have most likely gotten sepsis...and if I hadn't been this young...well...I don't want to think about that ) in the end and it's good to know that my parents can read me that well and make sure I go to the doc when needed!
                                Good parents always know best

I wish I woodn't let you the Woohoo Granny worry that much, but I'm glad I'm getting better and that's what matters!
                                It's what Grannies 'do' And yes, that is what matters and I'm very glad to hear it

Oohhhh huggles from Lee...thank him for me
                                I did........ and he's gone all pink!

Originally posted by llp View Post
                                Ah one last thought....Jumble - I have put together the first of two "bar" stools so we can eat breakfast at the kitchen counter. See, you are making me straighten up the place a little to make room for you, oh and let you sit while you eat!
                                Sounds good I wondered what was keeping you so busy that you weren't around here for a while

Best get on with the other stool so we can eat breakfast together

Or should I bring my own screwdriver?

I mean the TOOL, not the cocktail

Comment

Working...
                                X