The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
    1. I'm kinda going for Amanda. Yes, she doesn't have the oeuvre that the rest of them do. But her 2 are pretty awesome. I can't wait to see more from that side of her!
    True that. I think what she did was great too, but I just don't see her as ''Stargate'' director. Wish we could have seen her do more there, though. She kicks bum!

2. Whut??? I definitely missed something.

3. LOL.
    Not really
    Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
    Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
      First 2 pts are news, so they'll be down in, oh, an hour after their scheduled appt time. *sigh*

*massive squishy huggles Bree for work-life-pwnage. I feel your pain. I really do. I think my work might own my soul.
      My work owns my soul too, but for me it's a good thing

*puts away photo*
      Thank you

1. I'm kinda going for Amanda. Yes, she doesn't have the oeuvre that the rest of them do. But her 2 are pretty awesome. I can't wait to see more from that side of her!
      I almost said Amanda but thought it a bit unfair because she only directed one SG ep

2. Whut??? I definitely missed something.
      Oh pleeeeeeze! Don't go tempting anyone to post it

Last edited by Jumble; 02 March 2011, 06:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
        Sorry!
        But um... In Dutch we have a saying that goes ''Shared pain, is half pain''. I'm not sure if there's an English equal, but there you go. If you share the images, it's less painful.
        Hm. Well we have 'a problem shared is a problem halved' and 'two heads are better than one (no ickybah intended )', but I don't think we English go in for sharing pain

Heh
        In my experience, no amount of physical attributes make up for lack of personality or humour

Well, not for long anyway

I'm not sure. He eyed the doggy, said: ''Nice Tesla quote'' and muttered something about territory, kung fu and beefcake...
        I tried to play the AT card, because Amanda usually works soothing, but I just can't tell. That Joe is a funny bunny you know...
        Who knows? The pup might need stiches later or Joe will hug the stuffing out of it. *shrugs*

*blinks*
        I'm so lame. But I embrace it.
        Just you keep that funny bunny under control

Does the pup have a name yet?

Comment

It's funny that even now, it's really hard to see Martin, Amanda and Damian apart from Stargate. With the guys it's logical, considering that they've always been ''TPTB''. But I do find it fascinating how I for one, see AT as a full on PTB and somehow have the image in my mind that she was one on Stargate too. Maybe it's this thread. A few of us have been 'away' from Shipping/SG forum fangurling, but very active in our woodshipping... Things get mixed up.
          Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
            Hm. Well we have 'a problem shared is a problem halved' and 'two heads are better than one (no ickybah intended )', but I don't think we English go in for sharing pain
            Problems and non icky heads, huh?
            Maybe Dutchies just have a bigger need for drama. Or we... care deeper.

In my experience, no amount of physical attributes make up for lack of personality or humour

Well, not for long anyway
            Well, I must say that the men I find most attractive never are the ones with the 'perfect' looks or slick charm.

Yes. YES it's a cliche! But make me laugh gosh darnit!

EDIT: Come to think off it... I actually once said that in a break up monologue. ''You're just... not funny!''

Just you keep that funny bunny under control

Does the pup have a name yet?
            I try. I do, but it's territorial

And not yet. I have Joe the Green Bunny, Martin the Penguin, Brad the bear, and another penguin named Coopie...
            Jeez. How am I supposed to find a name after all of those highly original strikes of creative genius?

Gaw. I'd be the kind to name my nubbins Damian if I really was the naming type you know...

sigpic

Comment

It's funny that even now, it's really hard to see Martin, Amanda and Damian apart from Stargate. With the guys it's logical, considering that they've always been ''TPTB''. But I do find it fascinating how I for one, see AT as a full on PTB and somehow have the image in my mind that she was one on Stargate too. Maybe it's this thread. A few of us have been 'away' from Shipping/SG forum fangurling, but very active in our woodshipping... Things get mixed up.
              I know what you mean. I see Amanda as a full on PTB too, but that's because we've been concentrating more on Sanctuary for the last couple of years and in that she definitely is

I've been getting re-aquainted with SGA since getting my dvds back (hadn't realised how much I'd missed them ), and tbh I associate Martin more with that than with SG1 now Possibly because I feel that his commentaries on SGA are far more relaxed and fun than on SG1 *shrugs* Or maybe I just love Quarantine and The Hive more than anything else

But really, it's hard to remember a time before Sanctuary. I mean, when did we not know JY/Tesla? When was Ryan not a cute little werewolf? When did we not look at Chris and automatically think Bigfoot or Druitt? And did Amanda really ever have blonde hair???

Comment

Problems and non icky heads, huh?
                Maybe Dutchies just have a bigger need for drama. Or we... care deeper.

Well, I must say that the men I find most attractive never are the ones with the 'perfect' looks or slick charm.

Yes. YES it's a cliche! But make me laugh gosh darnit!
                Exactly! There's a lot to be said for a man that makes you smile every time you think of him

It also helps if he has a beard, but that's just me

I try. I do, but it's territorial

And not yet. I have Joe the Green Bunny, Martin the Penguin, Brad the bear, and another penguin named Coopie...
                Jeez. How am I supposed to find a name after all of those highly original strikes of creative genius?

Gaw. I'd be the kind to name my nubbins Damian if I really was the naming type you know...

Magnus? Sam? HENRY!!!!

Comment

I know what you mean. I see Amanda as a full on PTB too, but that's because we've been concentrating more on Sanctuary for the last couple of years and in that she definitely is
                  Exactly.
                  We've seen her transform from a directing actor to a full on PTB... From part of our Ship to Honourable WooHoo to fangurled Woman In Charge. I feel so... proud. *nods*

(OK, that sounds silly, but the sentiment still counts. )
                  (And gosh, do I feel fandom old now... )

I've been getting re-aquainted with SGA since getting my dvds back (hadn't realised how much I'd missed them ), and tbh I associate Martin more with that than with SG1 now Possibly because I feel that his commentaries on SGA are far more relaxed and fun than on SG1 *shrugs* Or maybe I just love Quarantine and The Hive more than anything else
                  Funny, I've just been doing season 4! (Fangurl, I know.)
                  But I still have more of a Martin vibe with SG-1. Mostly because it has always been more my thing, I guess. I do agree on the commentary though. SGA is more fun.

Which makes me realize I really do need some Sanctuary commentary soon.
                  I do wonder where the Martin vs. Damian style debate is going...

But really, it's hard to remember a time before Sanctuary. I mean, when did we not know JY/Tesla? When was Ryan not a cute little werewolf? When did we not look at Chris and automatically think Bigfoot or Druitt? And did Amanda really ever have blonde hair???
                  Naturally, my mind mostly picked up the JY and hair parts, but it made me realize just how much fandom really does mess with your (TV show) way of thinking! Sanctuary has 'only' been on air for two and a half seasons and everything you just said is true. Being mildly obsessed makes you really dive into it all.

Gaw, life without JY. It seems so ...empty.
                  Last edited by DutchIndeed; 02 March 2011, 06:58 AM.

sigpic

Comment

Exactly! There's a lot to be said for a man that makes you smile every time you think of him

It also helps if he has a beard, but that's just me
                    Yes.

And beards. I like the short scruffy looking 'look at me I forgot to shave' kind.
                    There's a lot to be said for a beard that makes you smile every time you think of it.

Magnus? Sam? HENRY!!!!

Henry? Is that because it has no...
                    *blinks*

I think I must name it after Amanda somehow. Eventhough I do think it's freaky to say that I named my stuffed puppy after AT. It sounds so... I swear I don't think 'Amanda' when I see 'dog'

*clears troath and writes down potential names in silence*

EDIT: Ah. Saved by the fact that I have to go out! *waves*

sigpic

Comment

A whole week and a half? What are you planning to do? Apart from popping in here and cleaning up the WooHoo House every day that is
                      LOL. Well, I do like to keep things clean...

Besides that? Uni work... and trying so hard not to get sucked into this packing thing my sisters have taken to do doing. I packed up stuff for the surprise on Friday, but I refuse to get sucked into packing to move until we have an official confirmation. We got told on Saturday that everything looked great and they want to move us in on the 25th March, but they just have to go through the checks. I'm worried about it, to the point where I can't concentrate on my assignment - even though I know nothing has changed circumstance-wise, as far as I know - but yeah, not packing. I'm not packing until I know!

The surprise on Friday - Lucy's friend contacted me just before AT5 to ask if she could come over from Germany (oddly enough, where she lives) as a surprise. She's Lucy's best friend. I really couldn't say no, it was so sweet. But darn, I did not think of the work involved in a) keeping it a secret from Lucy and b) sorting things out without Lucy realising somebody else is going to be staying here - hence some packing of stuff up to make room for her.

So busy.
                      /end of ramble

Woodshipping

I see Amanda as full on TPTB, but not for Stargate. That said, when I think of Martin, I also just think Sanctuary - which is really weird. I guess I need to get back my SG-1 rewatch to fix that? Things move on, though, and it makes sense to see them as Sanctuary, right?
                      sigpic
                      Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Exactly.
                        We've seen her transform from a directing actor to a full on PTB... From part of our Ship to Honourable WooHoo to fangurled Woman In Charge. I feel so... proud. *nods*

(OK, that sounds silly, but the sentiment still counts. )
                        (And gosh, do I feel fandom old now... )
                        I think you mean 'honorary' That's not so say she's not honourable, I just find it hard to apply that word in the same sentence as 'WooHoo'

Funny, I've just been doing season 4! (Fangurl, I know.)
                        But I still have more of a Martin vibe with SG-1. Mostly because it has always been more my thing, I guess. I do agree on the commentary though. SGA is more fun.

Which makes me realize I really do need some Sanctuary commentary soon.
                        I do wonder where the Martin vs. Damian style debate is going...
                        Yes, they do seem to have fallen behind with the podcommentaries I guess they really DO need to sleep sometimes

Naturally, my mind mostly picked up the JY and hair parts, but it made me realize just how much fandom really does mess with your (TV show) way of thinking! Sanctuary has 'only' been on air for two and a half seasons and everything you just said is true. Being mildly obsessed makes you really dive into it all.

Gaw, life without JY. It seems so ...empty.
                        True, but if it wasn't such an Awesome show that just woodn't happen

Yes.

And beards. I like the short scruffy looking 'look at me I forgot to shave' kind.
                        Oh lord yessss!!!
                        There's a lot to be said for a beard that makes you smile every time you think of it.
                        .... or makes you think of shaving foam and .......... showers.........

Um

Henry? Is that because it has no...
                        *blinks*
                        I truly hadn't though of that! I just thought cute=Henry

I think I must name it after Amanda somehow. Even though I do think it's freaky to say that I named my stuffed puppy after AT. It sounds so... I swear I don't think 'Amanda' when I see 'dog'

*clears throat and writes down potential names in silence*

EDIT: Ah. Saved by the fact that I have to go out! *waves*
                        How about 'Eighty'?

Originally posted by m_wendy_r View Post
                        LOL. Well, I do like to keep things clean...

Besides that? Uni work... and trying so hard not to get sucked into this packing thing my sisters have taken to do doing. I packed up stuff for the surprise on Friday, but I refuse to get sucked into packing to move until we have an official confirmation. We got told on Saturday that everything looked great and they want to move us in on the 25th March, but they just have to go through the checks. I'm worried about it, to the point where I can't concentrate on my assignment - even though I know nothing has changed circumstance-wise, as far as I know - but yeah, not packing. I'm not packing until I know!
                        No, definitely do NO packing until you've got it confirmed! *crosses fingers*

The surprise on Friday - Lucy's friend contacted me just before AT5 to ask if she could come over from Germany (oddly enough, where she lives) as a surprise. She's Lucy's best friend. I really couldn't say no, it was so sweet. But darn, I did not think of the work involved in a) keeping it a secret from Lucy and b) sorting things out without Lucy realising somebody else is going to be staying here - hence some packing of stuff up to make room for her.

So busy.
                        /end of ramble
                        Aw, what a lovely thing to do for her!

Woodshipping
                        *headdesk* I can't believe we've never thought of that one before

I see Amanda as full on TPTB, but not for Stargate. That said, when I think of Martin, I also just think Sanctuary - which is really weird. I guess I need to get back my SG-1 rewatch to fix that? Things move on, though, and it makes sense to see them as Sanctuary, right?
                        When I think of Martin, I just think.... er......wood you believe...... 'Awesome Director'?

Comment

((((huggles all Wooohooos))))

Awww half - nekkid PDL... *giggles* Is it strange that I have that pic in my PB?

*fingers itching to post it* I wont. I"ll be good today. Mostly cause I can't get access to my account at this time.

My brothers getting married on Sunday so I'm busy busy busy, lots of stuff going on. I had no idea what you need to do before a wedding and I mostly thought that girls do them... which turned out to be true, cause I'm doing all those things since my brother is a boy, obviously. Stupid social rules...

And Uni is... I talked to my prof about the idea for my little movie and he still wants me to do half-documentary or even completely to be a documentary and I don't... and I need his support... and so. Lol. I'll just do it his way in the end, I know it.

Sorry but I don't have more time to catch up. Hope that everyone is doing ok!!!!

And of course:

MARTIN WOOD - THE BEST DIRECTOR OUT THERE

*throws broccoli and confetti and passing Woohoos and guests* Eat up! The confetti are yummy!
                          sigpic
                          Big thanks to josi for avi and sig

Comment

*huggles Dee for social rules... and for NOT posting that pic*

Hope the wedding goes well and that you can slow down enough to enjoy it

Comment

*huggles Dee for social rules... and for NOT posting that pic*

Hope the wedding goes well and that you can slow down enough to enjoy it
                              Hehe, thanks And I hope so too... there's just sooo much that needs to be done still!
                              *takes a deep calming breath* But everythings gonna be great

Ohhh, I have such a pretty dress! And shooooooes!!!!!!!!! I'm gonna freeze to death and probably break both of my legs, but heh, the important thing is that I'm pretty! *giggles madly and :rolleyes at herself*
                              sigpic
                              Big thanks to josi for avi and sig

Comment

Maybe take a pic for us before you turn blue and/break a leg?

Comment

Working...
                                X