The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh Juuuuumble...

Did you see this??? Look who's number ONE!
    sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
      Oh Juuuuumble...

But of course he is *bounces*

Comment

Oh..... what I actually came in to post........

Here you go Leo, tut for this sig….

Open a box 680x180px, and fill it with this gradient (or just copy this and plonk it in Or use any gradient you prefer).

I used this mask……

Had to rotate it and chop it about a bit to make it fit the sig (I used the polygonal lasso tool and just cut and pasted, moved and turned until it looked ok, but you can do it anyway that works for you. I believe that’s called ‘boobling’, a highly technical term that I learned from Nad )

Then cut out the black part of each section with the magic wand, polygonal lasso or eraser - your choice!

SAVE THE .PSD FILE!!! (or whatever it is for Gimp).

Then I spent a couple of hours choosing which pics to use (hey, it’s hard when you have 7000+ Martinpics to scroll through…..)

I placed the pics one at a time below the mask layer, resized each one to fit and then used the eraser (we UKers call it a rubber, but let’s not go there ) Then I sharpened and smoothed where necessary to make sure Martin was looking his absolute most gorgeous best (it’s the beard, the BEARD!!! *faints*).

Um……. where was I?

After you've added each pic and made it fit - SAVE THE .PSD FILE!!!

Next I added three new layers and put in the heart, the candles and the sparkly bits (they're brushes and I have no idea where I got them ). I went to layer>layer style>gradient overlay and prettied up the brushes. I used the same gradient as for the background and clicked ‘reverse’ so they wood show up nicely, but you can use any gradient that makes you happy

SAVE THE .PSD FILE!!!!

Next I made a stamp of all the layers (shift+ctrl+alt+e) and duplicated the resulting layer. The lower layer needs to be sharpened once. To the upper layer I applied a smart blur (filter>blur>smart blur) set to radius 3.0, threshold 12.0 but that’s just a personal choice. Be independent! Choose your own numbers ).

Next I added the text. For Martin I used Old Script and for Wood I used Monograms Toolbox (both of which you can find at dafont.com). I went to layer style again and added a gradient overlay and a 1px stroke, then used bevel and emboss size 3. Both layers were duplicated to make them stand out, and because you can never have enough Wood……. or Martin………

Um…….. I think that’s it….. just added my name and it was done.

Then of course I wasted another half hour or so staring at it to make absolutely certain that I couldn’t improve on it, before saving the .psd file, flattening the layers, then saving for web and devices and adding it to my rotation

Do let me know if there’s anything you don’t understand, and I’ll ignore you tell you to just do your own thing with it

But whatever you do, SAVE THE .PSD FILE frequently
        Last edited by Jumble; 25 February 2011, 05:50 AM. Reason: Ooops! Missed out a very important bit, the bit where Martin can actually be SEEN :o

Comment

*bounces in*

Suzy passed her BHS exam with flying colours!!! WooHoooood!!!! *does a happy proud mummy dance*

Last edited by Jumble; 25 February 2011, 07:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
            *bounces in*

Suzy passed her BHS exam with flying colours!!! WooHoooood!!!! *does a happy proud mummy dance*

YAY! (what's a BHS exam?)
            sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

YAY! (what's a BHS exam?)
              British Horse Society. It's another step closer to having enough qualifications to run her own Livery Stables and teach horse riding

Comment

British Horse Society. It's another step closer to having enough qualifications to run her own Livery Stables and teach horse riding
                That's fantastic! Many congrats and hugs.
                sigpic

Comment

That's fantastic! Many congrats and hugs.
                  Yes it is Thank you *hugs*

It's so nice to see her stepping steadily closer to her dream! This is something she's wanted since she was 9 years old

Comment

Yay for Suzy !!!

Comment

Positive thinking Wendy!! But crossing fingers might also help
                      *thinks postive*

Originally posted by Leo1 View Post
                      I'm crossing my fingers, toes, legs, arms and eyes for good luck for you *huggles*
                      Thank you *huggles*

*morning woohoos*

Cold and rainy day here, and I'm working overnight tonight. So I'm thinking this coughing woohoo will snuggle up most of the day.
                      That sounds like a good idea. Get well soon *hugs*

*bounces in*

Yay for Suzy!!!! Well done!
                      sigpic
                      Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

*bounces in*
                        *huggles everyone, with extra squishy huggles for MoB, who has graciously agreed to let me impose on her on my way to New Orleans in June* (pending successful flight-booking)
                        *bounces for mini-Woohoo takeover of NYC*

It's a mystery. Like the Sanctuary.

Originally posted by m_wendy_r View Post
                        Lucy just called me and she's gone to get the forms for us to fill in so we can move! *tries so hard not to get hopes up*
                        *crosses fingers for Wendy & sisters*

Yes.

Not that I'm obssessive or anything.......

Not at all

Oh Juuuuumble...

Awesome! As is only right and proper

*bounces in*

Yay! Well done Suzy! Tell her huge congrats!
                        sigpic
                        Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

That is AWESOME!!! Congrats Suzy!!!
                          Thanks for writing the tut, Jumble.
                          Last edited by Leo1; 25 February 2011, 11:56 AM.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
                            *bounces in*
                            *huggles everyone, with extra squishy huggles for MoB, who has graciously agreed to let me impose on her on my way to New Orleans in June* (pending successful flight-booking)
                            *bounces for mini-Woohoo takeover of NYC*
                            So excited for a mini-woohoo takeover of NYC!
                            sigpic

Comment

*drops in*

Freecycle oh how I love thee so. I can actually walk about in my loft now... on my nice pink carpet up there.

Well done Suzy.... *happy dances and bounces furtively on the sofa*

*squishy huggles all woohoos*

Just really flying by to say I'm still alive. Just busy freecycling and getting builder's quotes... If I hear one more sucky sound when I ask if xxx is possible I'll scream!

*sneaks out with promise to come back and play more later*
                              sigpic

Comment

Jumble that's great news! go Suzy!

*huggles WooHoos*
                                sigpicMy Fanfic

Comment

Working...
                                X