• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aww... Bekki...
    *hugs*

*hugs WooHoos*

I feel love.
    ...and hunger.
    Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
    Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Thanks for the green, the high-fives and the congrats for my 80%.

Originally posted by Bekki View Post
      Hello woohoos

I don't really have anything interesting to say today, except for how much I love you all!! Really though!

You know when you have something really amazing and it's not that you take it for granted, but its amazingness just becomes normal and natural? Well, that's what you all are to me And hearing all about AT5 and the giving and love has made everything you all are and everything we are together hit me in the face, and made me see it afresh. I really am astounded by you all, by us all...I am truly blessed to have you! A whole world of unique and stunning confidants and friends from everywhere and anywhere with so many different stories and beautiful talents to share. You are all such a pillar of everything - stability, wisdom, wonder, joy...and all I have to do is look on my computer to find you...at some time in some place in the world, someone wonderful is here waiting for me

There is no end to how luck I feel

/gush (oh dear...I really didn't mean to get that...emotional...ah well, it's true. I love you guys! Hehehe)

*runz away, face red*
      *squishy cuddles*

Nail. Head. You hit it. That was so wonderfully put.
      sigpic
      Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Morning woohoos!

Another lovely spring day here in nyc. The birds are chirping! It's going to be so sad when the temps plummet again next week. I do plan on writing my LJ con report today. Probably early. Or late. I do need to get out and enjoy the 60F/16C weather that we are supposed to get today.

Originally posted by Bekki View Post
        Hello woohoos

I don't really have anything interesting to say today, except for how much I love you all!! Really though!

You know when you have something really amazing and it's not that you take it for granted, but its amazingness just becomes normal and natural? Well, that's what you all are to me And hearing all about AT5 and the giving and love has made everything you all are and everything we are together hit me in the face, and made me see it afresh. I really am astounded by you all, by us all...I am truly blessed to have you! A whole world of unique and stunning confidants and friends from everywhere and anywhere with so many different stories and beautiful talents to share. You are all such a pillar of everything - stability, wisdom, wonder, joy...and all I have to do is look on my computer to find you...at some time in some place in the world, someone wonderful is here waiting for me

There is no end to how luck I feel

/gush (oh dear...I really didn't mean to get that...emotional...ah well, it's true. I love you guys! Hehehe)

*runz away, face red*
        *Giant squishy huggles Bekki*

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
        Thanks, it did eventually and has in fact only just left - at 10am
        Woohoo! Andi made me stay up till 10, watching Farscape... though I had a really hard time keeping my eyes open, and I slept (mostly -had to get up to let the cat out around 4) until 7!
        sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Here's the tut Jumble so kindly requested.
          I now feel like Bob Ross. Anyone remember him?

How to make this sig:

The Joy of Artworking. Let's paint a mountain.

No Broccoli was hurt during the artworking process.
          It did fall of the couch after, but hey...

There's not much to this, so I suggest wearing a blindfold.
          ...Or mittens.

Spoiler:
          -Music!
          *does a little cutesy happy dance*
          Or as the english say ...music. *blinks* Hm.

- Open the art working program (this one’s for Leo, actually. Repetition, repetition, repetition!) and start off with a clean white sheet. Or black. Or purple.

- If you have chosen a black or coloured sheet, paint it white. Bucket fill is your friend. Or use a pencil tool and test your nerves. Who knows. Maybe it’s soothing.

- Snurch this from the art thread.

Snurching makes it much more exciting. Or use the brush version, saves erasing

-Scale the huge thing down to make it fit and if you’re using this version, paste it on a white backround and mush it together. I’m a fan of white backgrounds and sloppy erasing. Now do the whole ‘scale the layer to image size’ thing. It makes the next steps easier.

- Colouring. There’s probably a much easier way to do this, but since I’m writing this tut in the manic way I make artwork…

- Copy the heart as it is (black version). Now colour it in whatever shade you like. Play with brightness and intensity. For the rainbow version bright and vibrant works best, but if you’re feeling gloomy (which wood be weird while you’re making a ‘’love’’ sig. But power to my goth friends *fistpump*.) dark works as well.

-Add a new layer and paste the copy on it. Now repeat the boobling, with a different colour. So of you chose green, go for yellow now. Or… turqoise.
          ‘
          -Erase! That way you'll get a two toned colour scheme. Pick one that looks scruffy. I used the small pencil sketch eraser in Gimp. So cute. Put some feeling into it and make sure you balance the colours. Don’t erase too much.

-Repeat the previous steps untill you’re satisfied with the outcome. For me, it meant chuckling and muttering ‘’Oh, pretty colours!’’. Mix and match.

-Now you have one heart.
          You need more.

-Repeat the process four more times, or… cheat by using the option to change the colour scheme.

-Play with the hearts. Scale, turn, sharpen where needed. roll around and get dirty. Fiddle and feeeeel…
          You’re working on a crisp clean background, so get crazy.

- Happy ‘bout the hearts, are we? Huh? Now let’s work on that chick!

- This is broccoli. As you all know, he’s the WooHoodStock mascot.

Be gentle, for it's ticklish and has a veggie problem…

-Take a cap and desasturate. After having done that, booble with the contrast. If you push it, you’ll end up with Broccoli’s outline. Don’t worry, it won’t hurt. Best is to wait and decolour and increase the contrast after positioning all the Broccolis

-Position the Broccoli family and copy the layer, so you can make a new one and paste said copy on the original. Now colour the copy (in this case I went with pink) and repeat the erasing process from the hearts. Just be gentle and go wild.

-Combine the layers et voila, you have a pink/black batch of Broccoli.
          This is where my smarts really amazed me. *nods*

-Copy an already prepped heart from before, scale down and add some small ones in random well thought up places.

-Add text. The fonts on this sig are two variations of segoe.
          How could one not love a font named Segoe?!

-Look back and realise that it could have worked with a black or purple background and white/grey hearts and Broccoli as well.

-Feed Broccoli.

-And just because

Not much work here really.
          Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic

Comment

I remember Bob Ross.

Thanks for the awesome tut, Nad. They're awesomely written!
            sigpic
            Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Originally posted by m_wendy_r View Post
              I remember Bob Ross.

Thanks for the awesome tut, Nad. They're awesomely written!
              Thank heavens!
              Look! Found Bob Ross in Gimp.

*blinks*
              *is so uncool*
              *clears troath*

Thanks

sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the tut Nad, I'll give it a go.........

Bob Ross? No idea

Comment

Morning WooHoo's

Before I forget *squishy huggles Bekki*
                  Love the tuts Nad
                  Originally posted by Sarai View Post
                  *extra squishy huggles Bree*
                  Thanks hun
                  Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
                  *hugs Bree*
                  EDIT: :-( on your edit

And having sat down to properly read earlier posts, I have to say that I personally blame AT for the increased insanity of certain WooHoos. I do. Especially after Dee's statement that Amanda kept offering crack. It's not the broccoli, the booze or Martin's Shorts. It's her. *shakes head* I knew making that one an honourary WooHoo wood cause us problems someday...

;-) :-P
                  Thanks hun
                  Amanda offered crack? I wonder what wood happen if we made her a true WooHoo as opposed to an Honorary WooHoo as she is now?
                  *thinks about it*
                  *Lurves the idea*

Originally posted by Devilish Me View Post
                  Bree... Miracles are soooo possible! ;-) (((huggles))))
                  Thanks Dee I know
                  Spoiler:
                  I am just impatient at the moment. Going through a lot with Char being out of work, my dad's cancer, my brother's possible re-occurrence of cancer (won't know for another couple of months) and my migraines.

I'll quit whining now.

On the bright side Char applied for a job with Disney World. She has the experience that they are looking for so woodn't it be funny if she got that one?
                  Anyone even remotely familiar with me and Char knows that we're Disney fanatics.

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
                  I snurched the thingy (brush? ) from the art thread. Couldn't really enter this as 'sekrit' ;-)
                  http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u...igs/heaert.jpg

See what I mean by ''WooHoodStock specific'' artwork?
                  Love it Nad! Where can I get that brush?
                  Definitely :-)

From what everyone has said so far, it looks like we definitely want a WooHoo Gallery yes? I think that should also wait until after the s/j awards have finished :-)
                  I definitely do and I agree.
                  If I've told you once, I've told you a zillion times - heed your elders! We know what we're talking about

And believe me, there is nothing 'normal' about Amanda Tapping

*huggles Bree*
                  Thank for huggles
                  Amanda's not normal? Of course she's not normal. She is supercalafragalisticexpialadociously awesome! *huggles Amanda*

Migraine talk. Feel free to skip.
                  Spoiler:
                  Found out this morning why sometimes my face and hands go numb when I get really bad migraines and why the pain tends to be really bad on one side (usually the left for me) of my head. They are called "Complex Migraines" and they mimic the symptoms of strokes. For some people it's worse than others. There is a news reporter that made the news this week who had a neurological experience on air. People thought she had a stroke but it was a Complex Migraine. As soon as I saw that I called my doc and asked if that was a possible explanation for my really bad episodes. She said she definitely believes that has been what has been happening to me and she is busy reading up on the subject. Knowing doesn't cure the migraines but it helps to finally have an explanation for the numbness. Especially since I am having one of those migraines today.

Need to pay bills and then go to work so have a sparkling day WooHoo's!

EDIT: Bob Ross in GIMP! Make happy little clouds and happy little trees and happy little birds! I used to watch him and the older guy before him on Public Television. So sooooothing you could fall asleep.
                  sigpic

Comment

Bree I've had that experience with the Complex Migraines - it's very very scary! I ended up in hospital being checked for a possible stroke when I was 29, so I know not to panic when it happens now

Char working at Disney World??? Wow! That wood be Awesome

But seriously, no, we cannot risk making Amanda a fully-fledged WooHoo! Heaven only knows what wood happen then

I've done something (no idea what) to my knee. For the past 3 hours I haven't been able to put my weight (which is substantial ) on it Don't have any anti-inflammatory pills so I'm going for the age-old solution -WINE!!!

Oh, forgot to tell you the conversation with Annie on the way back from nursery today.....

(cd playing 'Just The Way You Are')

Annie: Look! My feet are dancing!
                    Me: So they are!
                    Annie: One is a boy and one is a girl.
                    Me: Which is which?
                    Annie: The left is a girl and the right is a boy.
                    Me: And they're dancing together? Sweet!
                    Annie: And they like to cuddle
                    Me: Do they have names?
                    Annie: Yes. The left is called Jumble and the right is called Martin!

Er.....

Comment

Bree I've had that experience with the Complex Migraines - it's very very scary! I ended up in hospital being checked for a possible stroke when I was 29, so I know not to panic when it happens now

Char working at Disney World??? Wow! That wood be Awesome

But seriously, no, we cannot risk making Amanda a fully-fledged WooHoo! Heaven only knows what wood happen then

I've done something (no idea what) to my knee. For the past 3 hours I haven't been able to put my weight (which is substantial ) on it Don't have any anti-inflammatory pills so I'm going for the age-old solution -WINE!!!

Oh, forgot to tell you the conversation with Annie on the way back from nursery today.....

Er.....

I am supposed to be paying bills, and I am actually, but this thread has a magnetic pull. Especially when you are doing something you really don't want to.

Unfortunately migraines are something that you and I have in common. ((((Jumble))))
                      Complex Migraines- Scary and painful. The left side of my head is has bombs going off while the right side is telling the left side to keep the noise down as it's trying to concentrate. Seriously, it is good to at least know what's going on in my head after all these years.

I imagine if Amanda was a full fledged WooHoo craziness wood abound! There wood probably be nekkid dancing, brocolli smoking, bus hijacking, chocolate eating, PTB thunking and all sorts of silly nonsense going on.
                      We certainly can't have that now can we?

The Disney job wood be awesome.

(((huggles you for knee))) Try alternating cold and hot compresses if possible. 15 minutes of one and then 15 minutes of the other. (That is advice from Char, the nurse. Sometimes I forget she has a nursing background )

That story is adorable!
                      sigpic

Comment

*huggles Bree and Char* I know this, but was in so much pain that my common-sense was just not kicking in Applying compresses as we speak

Comment

Just dropping by to say that my epic con report is finished in my flocked LJ. If we are LJ friends, it will show up in your friends feed. I am considering posting it to my public journal so everyone can share, but I want the permission of all who are seen in the entry before I do. It's very long and pic heavy. I hope you enjoy!
                          sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Aw MoB, you had me in tears! So amazing to meet you and welcome you into the RL WooHoo group

Comment

*flops in*

18 guests last night? We're getting popular

*squishy huggles Bekki* That was such a beautiful post! Love you too *squishes*

Bree, *huggles* for you and for Char (and fingers crossed for her for the job!)

Jumble, *huggles* for the knee, hope it gets better soon, but if not, then Doctors/A&E with you!

*dances out to read MoB's con report*
                              sigpic
                              Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Thanks for the tut Nad, I'll give it a go.........

Bob Ross? No idea
                                Thanks! Missed that one.

Bob Ross? Awesome. He was a painter who had a TV show in which he showed how to make, well...paintings *nods* It was actually quite 'boring' when it came to the setting and a tad corny, but it was quite hypnothic. He made great nature paintings. Using knifes. And everything was ''happy'' and ''little''.

Originally posted by wine_buyer View Post
                                Amanda offered crack? I wonder what wood happen if we made her a true WooHoo as opposed to an Honorary WooHoo as she is now?
                                *thinks about it*
                                *Lurves the idea*
                                *blinks*

Love it Nad! Where can I get that brush?

EDIT: Bob Ross in GIMP! Make happy little clouds and happy little trees and happy little birds! I used to watch him and the older guy before him on Public Television. So sooooothing you could fall asleep.
                                It's on the latest Art thread challenge

And oh yeah!
                                *feels so uncool again*

Hugs for the Migraines!

Er.....

Cute!

And Hugs for the knee!

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X