Aaargh!!!! PB doesn't like me today, it won't let me have any Martinpics

Comment

Seems to be working now....

I sooooo want that hat!!!

Snuuuuuugggggly jacket

*sigh* Now all is right with my world

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
        Good idea, you going to do it? All I want is to have 's/j' removed from the thread title. There were some artworkers who agreed last time we tried that they still saw the thread as being for s/j and were reluctant to post their other fandoms.

*nods*
        Sadly, I think that was the sticking point last time. Too many people did not want to give that bit up. While I do understand that as it's hard to let go of the past, in fact not many who post on the artwork thread still post on the S/J one (or even just lurk there) these days so it really does not relfect the thread content at all. That's why I think it may well fly a little better this time.
        Things is I do want to still make S/J art if the feeling takes me and I do still want to be able to post it all on one thread without feeling like "this goes there and that goes here" etc. I'd like for us all to feel welcome to post whatever we want in one thread. Everyone. SJers, Bones fans, Woohoos, Pokemon, whatever!

And I want art awards to continue too because I think they're awesome! Actually I do think this year there is a better represntation across fandom, although I understand the uptake of entrants has been less this year. I think breaking off and having another thread for artwork will only make that worse. Perhaps opening up the topic of the J/S thread might actually help there though, becuase people will feel more included in it? It is still called the Sam/Jack Art Awards in relfection from the thread it comes from - old timerers know it's anything goes but newer members - no matter how many times you tell them - might not get that or feel especially welcome. I think it will be interesting to see how this years awards play out and who wins what for what. Last year it was very Sam/Jack dominant but a lot of those awesome artworkers are making lots of other stuff too now so that may help.

I don't think the whole idea is worth giving up on just yet.

And... I had something else to say but got disctracted by pretties....oooh... there's Martin.
        sigpic

Comment

I've yet to pluck up the courage to post artwork on the thread or anything. And I intend to vote in the awards, even though I had ZERO courage in submitting anything. That said, I think bringing up the name of the thread is the best way to start this. It gives you an opportunity to gauge which way to go, and it gives it a chance to keep it all in one place. Times change things, maybe the balance will change as time goes on.

Just my iddy biddy penny. That 1/2 penny maybe.
          sigpic
          Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

I'd edit out the numerous typos there if I didn't have to get ready for a meeting in 45 minutes...
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
              Sadly, I think that was the sticking point last time. Too many people did not want to give that bit up. While I do understand that as it's hard to let go of the past, in fact not many who post on the artwork thread still post on the S/J one (or even just lurk there) these days so it really does not relfect the thread content at all. That's why I think it may well fly a little better this time.
              I hope so, because if not I don't think I'll be going there anymore

Things is I do want to still make S/J art if the feeling takes me and I do still want to be able to post it all on one thread without feeling like "this goes there and that goes here" etc. I'd like for us all to feel welcome to post whatever we want in one thread. Everyone. SJers, Bones fans, Woohoos, Pokemon, whatever!
              Perfectly understandable, which is why the title needs, IMO, to be changed.

And I want art awards to continue too because I think they're awesome! Actually I do think this year there is a better represntation across fandom, although I understand the uptake of entrants has been less this year. I think breaking off and having another thread for artwork will only make that worse. Perhaps opening up the topic of the J/S thread might actually help there though, becuase people will feel more included in it? It is still called the Sam/Jack Art Awards in relfection from the thread it comes from - old timerers know it's anything goes but newer members - no matter how many times you tell them - might not get that or feel especially welcome. I think it will be interesting to see how this years awards play out and who wins what for what. Last year it was very Sam/Jack dominant but a lot of those awesome artworkers are making lots of other stuff too now so that may help.

I don't think the whole idea is worth giving up on just yet.

And... I had something else to say but got disctracted by pretties....oooh... there's Martin.
              Actually, some of the original or 'older' artworkers still don't feel comfortable posting 'other' artwork there, as was clear from the responses last time the name change was suggested. In fact IIRC it was mostly the 'older' posters that wanted the change.

I agree that the topic should be opened up on the appropriate thread, but maybe wait until after the Awards are done? a) I don't want to interfere with the flow of that, and b) seeing how the voting goes will give us a clearer view of it.

Even if the name does get changed to show that it embraces all fandom, I wood still like to have a WooHoo/PTB Artwork thread and get all our arties on there, and possibly other things like Nad's letters to TPTB and Bekki's poems etc. I just feel it wood be nice to have it all archived on a small thread instead of scattered through this one, which is getting rather large to search through

Comment

*licks the martin pics* nom nom nom

I was so going to put things forward for the awards this year! I was all plucked up and everything ...but then I moved house/got busy/chickened out again *le sigh* ah well, I'll enough fun looking and voting
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by m_wendy_r View Post
                  I've yet to pluck up the courage to post artwork on the thread or anything. And I intend to vote in the awards, even though I had ZERO courage in submitting anything. That said, I think bringing up the name of the thread is the best way to start this. It gives you an opportunity to gauge which way to go, and it gives it a chance to keep it all in one place. Times change things, maybe the balance will change as time goes on.

Just my iddy biddy penny. That 1/2 penny maybe.
                  And there ^^ is another point to consider. WooHoos always post their arties here, but not so much on the s/j thread, which says to me that they are more comfortable posting them here.

Originally posted by Bekki View Post
                  *licks the martin pics* nom nom nom

I was so going to put things forward for the awards this year! I was all plucked up and everything ...but then I moved house/got busy/chickened out again *le sigh* ah well, I'll enough fun looking and voting
                  Hey!!! No licking my the Martinpics!!!! You'll make him all soggy..... or wet.......

*mind wanders*

Comment

Never seen this one before. Niiiiice
                    sigpic

Comment

And there ^^ is another point to consider. WooHoos always post their arties here, but not so much on the s/j thread, which says to me that they are more comfortable posting them here.
                      I think that could also just be me feeling like I'm catching up all the time? I want to be at least halfway to good before I really dive in. Does that make sense?
                      sigpic
                      Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Originally posted by Leo1 View Post
                        Never seen this one before. Niiiiice
                        Tut tut, you haven't been paying attention Yes, I really like that one too

I think that could also just be me feeling like I'm catching up all the time? I want to be at least halfway to good before I really dive in. Does that make sense?
                        Yep, it makes sense, but there are others who post their PTB art here but not on the other thread

Comment

Perfect sense I feel the same way. The only artwork that I've made was for Martin's Bday. And I'm currently trying to make another wallie, but I wouldn't post it over on the s/j thread.
                          sigpic

Comment

Yep, it makes sense, but there are others who post their PTB art here but not on the other thread
                            Originally posted by Leo1 View Post
                            Perfect sense I feel the same way. The only artwork that I've made was for Martin's Bday. And I'm currently trying to make another wallie, but I wouldn't post it over on the s/j thread.
                            *hugs*

I do want to point out that it's no one but me making me feel that way. I get insecure about things like that I look forward to when I feel better about that.
                            sigpic
                            Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Hey!!! No licking my the Martinpics!!!! You'll make him all soggy..... or wet.......

*mind wanders*
                              *blinks*
                              This is what I come back to...
                              *shakes head*

*hugs WooHoos anyway*

As for the PTB Art thread...
                              (A topic that kind of surprised me, I might add. )

The main reasons for me not posting my artwork in the Family thread are that my stuff is either too specific (as in ''WooHoodSock centric'', like the Broccoli with bunny helmet thingy) or too 'unpopular' for me to feel like posting them there (I made quite some Helen/Niko artwork and never posted them anywhere but the H/N thread). I never really use tuts or tips and I don't like talking about arty things (brushes and masks and textures make my head hurt. Plus, have you guys seen my tutorials? I did two and they're weird. ). And all I end up doing is go ''I love ALL of your artwork and you're ALL so awesome!'' I mean it, but it's just so not personal.

Wood I prefer to have a PTB art thread? I don't know and that's for the same reason as I stated above, really. Having said that, the idea of having a ''gallery'' type of thread seems fun. I sometimes read trough older posts here and get pleasantly surprised by old artwork, buried in insanity and ick... Remember the art website I tried to create? It failed because it was too much. A thread wood be so much more easy.
                              Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                              Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

*hugs*

I do want to point out that it's no one but me making me feel that way. I get insecure about things like that I look forward to when I feel better about that.
                                I still have that and I've been going at it for years now. Years and years, *nods*
                                Still feel like a noob, though.

*off to catch up properly*

EDIT: And just for the record, I do love lurking on the regular art thread!
                                EDIT2: And I also loved reading the AT5/ WooHoo tidbits! (Or is that titbits? That wood be weird.)
                                Last edited by DutchIndeed; 17 February 2011, 04:31 AM.
                                Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                                Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Working...
                                X