No announcement yet.

The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sarai, beauuuutiful pickiesss (((James)))

Originally posted by m_wendy_r View Post
    Awwww *squishy huggles for Julia* I'm all teary eyed now.

*huggles for Claire* It was so GREAT to finally get to spend time with you. After seeing you at various places throughout last year, it was fun this weekend!

*hugs Sarai for the house hunting*

Also, to you WooHoos in our photo w/ Amanda. Is it okay if I post it in my journal? My LJ is locked so only friends can see it anyway.
    Fine by me as well

Originally posted by clairec007 View Post
    Knock knock...who's there? WOOOHOOO YEAH!!!! ((((to everyone who was AT5))))
    ((((((Claire))))))))))))))))))

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
    Thank you

Just heard from Laurie - she'll be home in about an hour and she's left her keys at my house I can't see them anywhere, so I'll have to wait until she can tell me where she left them.
    Originally posted by Jumble View Post
    Got another text. She says she can get a spare set from her petsitter. Phew!
    You said it, phew! Nothing worse then coming from a long long journey home and not be able to come into the house.
    sigpic
    Big thanks to josi for avi and sig

Comment

Just spoke to Laurie.She's safely home and guess what? She found her keys Had me searching the whole house for them and they were in her bag all the time

Glad that she did really

I'm off to my bed...... really can't understand why I'm still so tired Must be getting too old for all this partying

Comment

Thank you Dee!

Jumble, it's funny how you say you're tired. I've been exhausted ever since Sunday. Yet, I feel ready to take on the world... empowered, I think, is the word. I hope you get some sleep! *huggles*

Good morning, Bekki!
        sigpic
        Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

*melts at Sarai's baby pics*

Well, not Sarai's baby but... oh you know!

Oh no Laurie! *huggles Laurie*

On the PTB artwork thread discussion. I like the idea of a PTB artwork thread... however it does not really address what most people's issues with the S/J artwork thread is (i.e that the name implies just S/J artwork when actually, it's just that it started because lots of people from the S/J thread did a lot of art and wanted to share the how to with others). A PTB artwork thread would not, after all, include other fandom artwork - and if it did that would seem odd and we'd be thinking about having to rename it!
          That's not to say I am not in favour of a PTB artwork thread becuase I think it's an excellent idea as a standalone thing... but not as a response to "fix" the issues with the S/J artwork thread so to speak.
          As it happens, there's not actually a lot of S/J ship art on the S/J artwork thread these days... if you check back, apart from the celebrations (Valenship etc.) and the rewatch banners, there's far more "other" than S/J over the last year or so. That it's disproportionately represented in the artwork awards - in particular the winners - is another issue.

With that in mind, I think the best course of action would be to revisit the discussion about renaming it again. See if opinions have changed at all; it was, after all, only a vocal few who outright objected and I think that it ought to go with majority vote myself (we never even got as far as voting last time... perhaps this time we should just do a poll that is a simple change the name yes/no and then we can work out the details if it's a yes.) I do think we're all going to have to accept some kind of compromises along the way if that happens.

If, however it falls flat then I think a new artwork thread will be needed for those who no longer feel the S/J artwork thread fulfills their needs.

Or... rather than a PTB artwork thread, how about a "Secrets of the Woohoo artworkers" thread. Since this would allow us to post anything we make regardless of who it it about, and the only requirement to being a Woohoo is that you have to have posted on this thread at some point. So essentially, so long as the pop by, say hello, smoke alittle broccoli and run nekkid at least once, they're in! That's got to be the least exclusive club anyone could join...

... who said we woohoos were easy.

And to de-seriousise that... wibble wibble, blah blo, bluuu....

P.S. I'm distraught that Big Fat Gypsy Weddings has ended.
          sigpic

Comment

Ooops! So enthralled was I by spray tanned six year olds gyrating like pole dancers, and fuscia pink merangue bridesmaid dresses, that I missed several posts while I was writing that.
            sigpic

Comment

*does a cartwheel*

sigpic

Comment

*zooms through the thread with a camera*

ooh - I have pics of my new house wanna see?

This is my new house...

This is not a very good photo of the corner of my bedroom (bedrooms are so difficult to photograph, all pokey and cornery) ...yes, that is a large poster of Doctor Who on my wall (covered in flowers and printed out icons) there;s one of me and Ben Browder from the Sydney Stargate Con on my other wall I'm tihnking of going into town next week to print some of the fab AT5 pics and put them on my wall too, to go next to the pretty woohoomeet photo

This is my living room - again, cornery pokey, but the fireplace is lovely! Fireplaces are novelties for Queenslanders

This is my kitchen - it is brilliant! You can nearly fit in the oven!!!

This is the door thingy I made for one of my housemates (yeah, we have the same name...confusing sometimes...)

and that's my house. There's two other bedrooms, a bathroom (obviously ) and a sunroom, which I have taken over and dubbed the Craft Room! No idea how three students got a house like it, but shhhh, we're 'responsible' and 'clean' (and if any of you ever travel Melbourne way, there's room and love for you here!!! )
                sigpic

Comment

Oooh pretty house Bekki!

Yes yes, you will need some pretty pictures and stuff to adorn those walls.

*joins Bekki in cartwheels...

nekkid ones... *
                  sigpic

Comment

Beautiful house, Bekki! Lucky you!
                    sigpic

Comment

*swerves by thread*

Safely home in the BK. So overexhausted that I actually have been having palpitations So I'd better go to bed. Too bad sleep is hard to come by. I'm pretty sure I'm going to hit the mattress hard when the time comes.

Originally posted by clairec007 View Post
                      Knock knock...who's there? WOOOHOOO YEAH!!!! ((((to everyone who was AT5))))
                      Claire's a woohoo! Woohoo!

Originally posted by Sarai View Post
                      Ok...so I know these have been a couple of weeks in coming but in fairness we had the awesomeness of AT5 to get over...

A few pics of the baby :<snip>
                      ]
                      Careful Sarai, you look great with a baby in your arms...

Originally posted by Bekki View Post
                      *zooms through the thread with a camera*

ooh - I have pics of my new house wanna see?

This is my new house...
                      )
                      Nice house Bekki!

Okay... I'm going to try to sleep. See you all on the other side.
                      sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Glad you got home safe, MoB Now sleeeeeep, sleeeeeeeeep, sleeeeeeeep *sings a lullaby*

Just came back from a 6km jog/walk. Take that, crappy Fibro! (on the other hand, sewing is hilarious! My hand keeps twitching, parkinsons style and smacking into needles...ouch )
                        sigpic

Comment

On line just for a moment. Took me an extra day to get home because of an unexpected delay in Atlanta, GA. Didn't get home until around 2 pm, couldn't find house keys (put them some where safe - so safe I forgot where). Now, I am washing clothes and getting ready to go to bed very early. More posting tomorrow. But I want to say one thing -

Loved meeting everyone - LOVED MEETING THE WOOHOOS!
                          sigpic

Comment

I didn't realise there had been such a problem on the Art thread, I must have missed the last discussion on the name (if it was on a thread).
                            With the new thread I think it depends on what it's purpose will be. If it's just an archieve (like the first few pages of the art awards - just the art work with no chatter) then I say that's different and I'd say have one, but if it's more like the "s/j" artwork thread then I'm worried about splitting off and becoming too isolated (right word??) Personally I wouldn't mind changing the name as I make S/J, Sanctuary, CSI:NY, and AT art and post it all over there
                            My impression is that it's all welcomed to be posted, but as far as concerns about representations in the Art Awards I don't really remember last year's winners, but as Cags says the proportion of S/J art work has decreased over time (proportionately more "other" now than last year) so maybe it will be better reflected in the awards??
                            I know I've tried to suggest challenge ideas that can be s/j or PTB at the same time to try to accommodate as many as poss, and the brushes idea this week matches that too
                            sigpicMy Fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by m_wendy_r View Post
                              Thank you Dee!

Jumble, it's funny how you say you're tired. I've been exhausted ever since Sunday. Yet, I feel ready to take on the world... empowered, I think, is the word. I hope you get some sleep! *huggles*

Good morning, Bekki!
                              I slept well, but am still tired I think what it is, is that at AT5 we were all on such a high for the whole week-end that we didn't realise just how tiring it was. All that partying, getting up at the crack of dawn to get to the Ren, all the running around nekkid (not me, I don't do that ), getting hugged by all and sundry........ then you get home and you're still on a high for a day or two before coming back down to earth. That's when you realise that you're utterly exhausted and need to sleep for a week

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post

On the PTB artwork thread discussion. I like the idea of a PTB artwork thread... however it does not really address what most people's issues with the S/J artwork thread is (i.e that the name implies just S/J artwork when actually, it's just that it started because lots of people from the S/J thread did a lot of art and wanted to share the how to with others). A PTB artwork thread would not, after all, include other fandom artwork - and if it did that would seem odd and we'd be thinking about having to rename it!
                              True

That's not to say I am not in favour of a PTB artwork thread becuase I think it's an excellent idea as a standalone thing... but not as a response to "fix" the issues with the S/J artwork thread so to speak.
                              I wasn't intending to 'fix' the issues with the s/j thread. I've given up hope with that and just want somewhere we can post our stuff, have challenges if we want to, even an Awards thingy if we feel like it, without being made to feel that we're not really welcome. And yes, I have felt like that over there

As it happens, there's not actually a lot of S/J ship art on the S/J artwork thread these days... if you check back, apart from the celebrations (Valenship etc.) and the rewatch banners, there's far more "other" than S/J over the last year or so. That it's disproportionately represented in the artwork awards - in particular the winners - is another issue.
                              Nail - head - got it! This is why I haven't entered this time. For me, it's just a waste of time.

With that in mind, I think the best course of action would be to revisit the discussion about renaming it again. See if opinions have changed at all; it was, after all, only a vocal few who outright objected and I think that it ought to go with majority vote myself (we never even got as far as voting last time... perhaps this time we should just do a poll that is a simple change the name yes/no and then we can work out the details if it's a yes.) I do think we're all going to have to accept some kind of compromises along the way if that happens.
                              Good idea, you going to do it? All I want is to have 's/j' removed from the thread title. There were some artworkers who agreed last time we tried that they still saw the thread as being for s/j and were reluctant to post their other fandoms.

If, however it falls flat then I think a new artwork thread will be needed for those who no longer feel the S/J artwork thread fulfills their needs.

Or... rather than a PTB artwork thread, how about a "Secrets of the Woohoo artworkers" thread. Since this would allow us to post anything we make regardless of who it it about, and the only requirement to being a Woohoo is that you have to have posted on this thread at some point. So essentially, so long as they pop by, say hello, smoke alittle broccoli and run nekkid at least once, they're in! That's got to be the least exclusive club anyone could join...

... who said we woohoos were easy.
                              *nods*

Comment

Originally posted by Aveo_amacus View Post
                                I didn't realise there had been such a problem on the Art thread, I must have missed the last discussion on the name (if it was on a thread).
                                It was on the thread, but I don't think you were around much at the time

With the new thread I think it depends on what it's purpose will be. If it's just an archive (like the first few pages of the art awards - just the art work with no chatter) then I say that's different and I'd say have one, but if it's more like the "s/j" artwork thread then I'm worried about splitting off and becoming too isolated (right word??) Personally I wouldn't mind changing the name as I make S/J, Sanctuary, CSI:NY, and AT art and post it all over there
                                My impression is that it's all welcomed to be posted, but as far as concerns about representations in the Art Awards I don't really remember last year's winners, but as Cags says the proportion of S/J art work has decreased over time (proportionately more "other" now than last year) so maybe it will be better reflected in the awards??
                                I know I've tried to suggest challenge ideas that can be s/j or PTB at the same time to try to accommodate as many as poss, and the brushes idea this week matches that too
                                Maybe it will, we shall see. I certainly hope so for the sake of all those that have entered.

I feel I should apologise to Sarai and Oma. I'm not dissing the Awards, I know how much time and effort it takes to do them. I'm just fed up with the whole s/j title being attached to them because there are so many awesome 'other' artworks out there that just don't get the recognition I feel they deserve.

Oh heck! Too much serious discussion again *eyes GW nervously and hopes not to crash it again*

I feel the need for some Martinpic spam....... back in a tick

Comment

Working...
                                X