The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sarai View Post
    Well a new artwork thread was something that was discussed over this weekend, and whilst I can't say I agree wholeheartedly it will most likely be easier than the other option .

And for that reason...I'm in. Pending further discussion.

It was discussed, but not thoroughly enough to set it up without more input from our fellow WooHoos and artworkers. I don't want to go stepping on anyone's toes or on the toes of the other Artwork threads out there. Maybe it wood be better to keep it fairly exclusive so as not to overlap the other threads?

My feeling is that it wood be nice to have all the WooHoo/PTB artwork gathered together in one place, rather than have it scattered through this thread randomly. I'm open to suggestions

Comment

Indeed. It merits some thought and a lot of Woohoos discussion in broccoli filled rooms.
      Signing off for now but will be back later to join in

Comment

Indeed. It merits some thought and a lot of Woohoos discussion in broccoli filled rooms.
        Signing off for now but will be back later to join in
        You seriously think we'd get coherent suggestions that way??

Comment

Just watched Will's vision - Behind the Scenes and on Set... and bowled my eyes out at the ending... I'm not gonna spoil it for anyone... Part's 1 and 2 can be found on there if you don't have the dvds

I'm not gonna put in my 2 cents on the new art thread, since I don't do art, but I imagine that a lot of the ptb art ends up here anyways... but could be wrong
          sigpic
          Big thanks to josi for avi and sig

Comment

Originally posted by Devilish Me View Post
            Just watched Will's vision - Behind the Scenes and on Set... and bowled my eyes out at the ending... I'm not gonna spoil it for anyone... Part's 1 and 2 can be found on there if you don't have the dvds

I'm not gonna put in my 2 cents on the new art thread, since I don't do art, but I imagine that a lot of the ptb art ends up here anyways... but could be wrong
            It does, but it's spread throughout the thread - just you try finding any

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
              It does, but it's spread throughout the thread - just you try finding any
              I guess I just, Idk, there's quite a few people who do a lot of ptb art and that are on the s/j art thread, and... Idk, I would hate to see it fall apart, and plus there's a lot of resources there, would the links be transferred to the new thread as well? Or would it be just to collect the arties of ptb? And since Amanda is a ptb, would it be acceptable to post the art of her as Sam Carter and Helen? ...lol, I have a lot of questions for someone who's not gonna post there! hahaha
              sigpic

Comment

I guess I just, Idk, there's quite a few people who do a lot of ptb art and that are on the s/j art thread, and... Idk, I would hate to see it fall apart, and plus there's a lot of resources there, would the links be transferred to the new thread as well? Or would it be just to collect the arties of ptb? And since Amanda is a ptb, would it be acceptable to post the art of her as Sam Carter and Helen? ...lol, I have a lot of questions for someone who's not gonna post there! hahaha
                The S/J Art thread wood still be there complete with all it's resources, I don't think starting a thread for TPTB wood have any effect on that.

My view wood be that yes, Amanda is a PTB and art of her as herself or in any of her roles wood be fine. What I really woodn't want is for S/J art to be included since there is already a thread for that. Maybe we could do something that wood include Writers, Directors and general film crew for any shows? Or do we want to keep it just to 'our' PTB? Or simply a thread for WooHoo artwork?

Comment

Afternoon all

Laurie, sorry you got stuck in Atlanta but hope the rest of your journey has gone smoothly

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
                  To be fair, my house was a complete tip before. I haven't cleaned more than an occasional vaccum and mop job since November. So I had to really spring clean the week before so was tired before you all got here. You should have seen the ceiling of the conservatory. Honestly, those spider's webs were.... well I'd hate to see the size of the spider who made them... he's stil up there in the light fitting I think; quite surprised he didn't drop in on Josi and Sarai in the night...

Soooo glad you didn't let them know he was there I don't think your neighbours are quite ready for two screaming WooHoos running down the street in their pj's

*shudders retrospectively*

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
                  Thanks Wendy! *watery huggles*

And look! Dee captured the best. hug. ever.

Aww! Love it

As to the new art thread thing... what Sarai said, I think. I'd still really be in favour of changing the name on the other one as a preference, rather than set up a whole new one, but we all know what happened with that so yeah, maybe. I just think I'd rather have one general art thread for whatever we make, PTB, Amanda, S/J, other fandoms, tuts, resources, challenges, the whole shebang, rather than have to post some art one place and some art another. But I know we didn't get very far with that discussion over on the other thread so... yes, if that's the way it goes, I'm in too
                  sigpic
                  Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

The S/J Art thread wood still be there complete with all it's resources, I don't think starting a thread for TPTB wood have any effect on that.

My view wood be that yes, Amanda is a PTB and art of her as herself or in any of her roles wood be fine. What I really woodn't want is for S/J art to be included since there is already a thread for that. Maybe we could do something that wood include Writers, Directors and general film crew for any shows? Or do we want to keep it just to 'our' PTB? Or simply a thread for WooHoo artwork?
                    I don't know that any other shows ptb get the kind of attention as did Stargate and now Sanctuary... and saying that it's WooHoo art thread wood I think create the same problem that people had when they saw the name of the s/j thread...

I think a lot of you post in the s/j art thread and not about s/j, and it's usually either Amanda or any other ptb (meaning Martin and Joe - occasionally Brad and Dan ) So, what I'm trying to say is that you'll all be leaving that thread to go to the new one, and then coming back to the s/j thread to post arts like West Wing, or some other show... while it's all completely allowed there to post whatever you want.

Hmm... I don't know, I think I'm gonna shut up now.
                    sigpic

Comment

*hugs Dee* I know what you mean I don't know, maybe it would be worth bringing up the name thing over there again? It's been almost a year since we were talking about it, and there are more non-S/Jers on there now I think anyway so perhaps this time it might fly?
                      sigpic

Comment

*huggles Dee*

Josi said what I meant a lot more coherently as always

And Jumble, I think most of the world's best laid plans have had some broccoli infusions involved somewhere along the line...

Comment

Awww *huggles back Josi and Sarai*
                          sigpic

Comment

Ugh...can I just interrupt the discussion to say house hunting sucks *kicks economy*

//slightly violent but short ranting

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post

As to the new art thread thing... what Sarai said, I think. I'd still really be in favour of changing the name on the other one as a preference, rather than set up a whole new one, but we all know what happened with that so yeah, maybe. I just think I'd rather have one general art thread for whatever we make, PTB, Amanda, S/J, other fandoms, tuts, resources, challenges, the whole shebang, rather than have to post some art one place and some art another. But I know we didn't get very far with that discussion over on the other thread so... yes, if that's the way it goes, I'm in too
                              I don't think there's a hope in hades that we can get the name changed, which is why I wood prefer another thread where we can post our art. The general thread that you suggest already exists - GAD accepts any fandom and all the tuts, resources etc. The only thing they don't do is the challenges and the artwork awards thing.

I guess I'm anti-s/j simply because it has it's own thread (yes, I know, it's supposed to be for any artwork but it just doesn't work that way) and doesn't need yet another one IMO.

I'm not sure that we need a new thread at all, I'm just exploring the possibilities because of all the ill-feeling that the change of name engendered, and because like I said I think it wood be nice if we had one where we could post all our PTB/WooHoo art in one place *shrugs*

I don't know that any other shows ptb get the kind of attention as did Stargate and now Sanctuary... and saying that it's WooHoo art thread wood I think create the same problem that people had when they saw the name of the s/j thread...

I think a lot of you post in the s/j art thread and not about s/j, and it's usually either Amanda or any other ptb (meaning Martin and Joe - occasionally Brad and Dan ) So, what I'm trying to say is that you'll all be leaving that thread to go to the new one, and then coming back to the s/j thread to post arts like West Wing, or some other show... while it's all completely allowed there to post whatever you want.

Hmm... I don't know, I think I'm gonna shut up now.
                              Unfortunately that is still not understood by all and is certainly not reflected in the annual awards. It woodn't affect those that don't do s/j art, so they woodn't need to go there, and those that do other fandoms wood have a place to post where they won't have to feel that they are intruding on what is very clearly stated as an 's/j' art thread.

I'm sorry WooHoos, most of you know that this has been sticking in my gut for some time so if you just want to leave things as they are, so be it

Comment

Ugh...can I just interrupt the discussion to say house hunting sucks *kicks economy*

//slightly violent but short ranting

*huggles*

And good interrupting, seeing as we're coming dangerously close to an actual serious discussion and we all know what happens when that happens

Jumble, *huggles you too* and I know what you mean as well. The whole thing sucks, basically, and I'm not sure that any of the solutions are ideal

*dances out, nekkid, leaving broccoli in her wake, in a desperate attempt to re-establish the silliness levels and thus avoid GW outage*
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X