No announcement yet.

The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bah, she can't have the Bekkidoll. Bekkidoll has a lot more adventures to go on yet you know. There's a whole big wide world out there.

Morning all. Anyone else completely and utterly knackered. Laurie is sitting here offering to take Leggy home with her (Leggy is my cat Legolas for the uninitiated - he's gorgeous, friendly and, um, needs de-clawing!
    So we're about to do breakfast and then I'm taking her to the airport and *sob* after an awesome weekend, I am woohooless again.

*huggles woohoos everywhere*
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
      Bah, she can't have the Bekkidoll. Bekkidoll has a lot more adventures to go on yet you know. There's a whole big wide world out there.
      No, she can't, because Bekkidoll is about to set off on a loooooong journey

Morning all. Anyone else completely and utterly knackered. Laurie is sitting here offering to take Leggy home with her (Leggy is my cat Legolas for the uninitiated - he's gorgeous, friendly and, um, needs de-clawing!
      So we're about to do breakfast and then I'm taking her to the airport and *sob* after an awesome weekend, I am woohooless again.

*huggles woohoos everywhere*
      Knackered, yes, that's definitely the word of the day

Please please PLEASE don't let Laurie take Legolas home with her! I'd like to get some sleep whilst I'm in Seattle.........

Don't worry, I'm sure you won't be WooHooless for long. We'll descend upon you and Ben again soon.... or you can come see me and we can make up for your having missed out on the last trip to Anderson's

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
        Ok, why have you all gone quiet? Did I scare you all off?

I'm trying to do a quick vid of the WooHoos' pre-AT5 party...... all those desserts being tried for the first/second/third/fourth/times........ Cags licking out the bowls

Ben doing his best to get me to go and dance with him

And me having the good sense to stay behind the camera
        Ohhh, can't wait for the vid!!!!!

Just as long Cags remembered she has to do one as well!!!

*am gonna send what I have during the day*

Originally posted by m_wendy_r View Post
        *hugs Dee*
        I miss you guys so much! *sniff*

*kicks today for Nad*

I hope the web hosting system works for you! *kicks that too*
        Awwwww, Wendyyyy! Miss you too! Everyone really!

*le sigh*

Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
        OK, who won the teddy bear?? And can you pretend he's named Joe and squeeze him really tight for me?

*runz off*
        I was pretending it was named Martin, so why not!

The actual name was something like Isiris or some such thing.

Ok, just GOT to share this.........

I asked Amanda to sign the book that Bekki made for me last year...

*sniffles*
        Awww! Awesome!

Originally posted by wine_buyer View Post
        Thanks everyone. Dad will be getting his carotid arteries checked on the 25th (he passed out after the biopsy so they want to make sure nothing is blocked) and if all is well they will schedule surgery to remove the cancer ASAP. Will keep you posted.

<snip>
        Aaaaaaand on that note:
        It's my second year of wedded...um...bliss. Yeah, that's it...bliss.
        ]http://i792.photobucket.com/albums/yy210/breezeweb33/Smileys/big_angel.gif

*runz*
        That's good news! *fingers crossed* And keep us posted.

Happy anniversary!!!!! And I wish you many more happy years to come! Hehehe Ahhh, young love

Yes, that's right! I was on waitress duty, handing out glasses of wine to the WooHoos before taking the occasional sip myself
        Hmm... I don't remember it that way, especially when you ran off with my boots...

I had a totally insane moment on the airport when they asked me to take them off and put them into the bucket. And I narrowed my eyes and thought: "Where is Jumble?"

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
        I'm about to lapse into a coma. As absofreakinglutely awesome as this weekend was, I have never slept so poorly in my entire life. Well except for the year those horrid cops lived above me, but between Con-squee and far-too-abundant nerves, I'm hoping to sleep well tonight in a little B&B in North Finchly. Seriously who knew that meeting Amanda would make me more nervous than singing in front of 2400 people live that was a nationally broadcasted event??? Super silly of me, I know. But *shrug*. Maybe I won't be so nervous next time. She is truly lovely.

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Dee)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) <3 you.

Glad you are home safe.

1. I know!

2. I will admit to being rather teary and emotiony today.

3. I'm not Syl's FB friend. Gotta find her. In fact, I don't think I'm any of your FB friends. Better remedy that ASAP.

Thanks for sharing Sarai! I'm going to snerch my Carter jacket ones for FB if that's okay. *huggles you*

I can't believe I really, finally met y'all this weekend. FINALLY. YAY. *huggles*

A couple of pics below here (what I won in the auction, and my finished Steampunk Jedi costume):

I'm planning on doing a blog entry on this weekend and an LJ con report soon. Just can't quite get my head around it tonight

xoxo
        MoB

(((((Mob)))))) Love you too!!!!! <3 You're such a sweetheart!

Can't wait to see the report! I saw you writing the questions, which both Sil and me decided it was a great idea cause after every session I forgot what was said, lol. But I was happy. Hehehe

And the cosutme... it was AMAZING! And you looked awesome! I always forget what you actually were, punked jedai princess? Sorry

Ohhhh, and thank you for asking my question!!!! *giggles* I was so excited. Still am.

Jenn was so kind to ask my question for me, and was like: "I'm asking this question for a reluctant Woohooo..." and then when Amanda was finished she asked if the answer was ok, and Jenn turns to me and all I was thinking was: DON'T LOOK AT MEEEE, but managed to nod and not blush

Thankkkks again!!! (((MoB))))

Originally posted by Bekki View Post
        Oh, beautiful woohoos!! *huge squishy huggles*

The con sounds truly amazing!!! Amanda is one heckity heck of a super lady!!! *huggles Amanda...and the hair...can one huggle hair?*

So glady ou all had such an amazing time together and with Amanda! The simple, wonderful pleasures that fandom bring, eh?

<snip>
        Yes yes you can definitely huggle the hair! Especially that hair.

What she said and then some. Especially the bit about the hair.

And, yes, she is. She can be The Totally Awesome Hair Woohoo. We can put that on next year's badges deeleyboppers/sashes.

BTW #1, Wendy, thank you for the great badges. They are magnificant and just about as perfectly encapsulating the spirit of woohooness to a tee.- yes right down to the emergency repeair kit (although I might make a small case that duct tape would have been more appropriate ). I think you're now official Woohoo's on tour merchandise creator.

BTW #2, Josi, I think you need to tell everyone just how you found out Amanda has seen this thread. Seeing as you actually managed some form of coherent speaking whilst stood in front of her while I merely crumbled into complete fangirly, mushy, squishy silence. It was that or flood the place, huh!

Aw wonderful weekend. I met so many awesome people. Faces and hugs to names and all that. And yep, every Woohoo bet there there or not is awesome. Oh how many people cam eup to us and said "Oh so you're the woohoos then? I lurk and I think you guys are crazy - that's crazy in a good way..."

We are officially crazy in a good way folks.

Amanda did indeed kick of the con by asking where the woohoos are. That was awesome.
        She did indeed agree to pose with Bekkidoll for the photoshoot - given how naughty bekkidoll had been, that was incredibly gracious of her. She did indeed ooze grace and warmth from every single itty bitty pore, and give the most amazing huggles...

... although, actually (sorry Amanda) Dee's huggles are better. Well, they just are!

Spoiler:

Jack who?

Yes... quite.

Thanks Sarai and Dee and all the other woohoos who took pictures and are sharing them now. I was too dumb to remember to take the camera the first day and then, on seeing how amazing your stuff was figured I'd quit while behind for the second day so left it to those with skill.

*huggles Nad* begone ikkyness, begone.

*huggles Bree and Char* Happy anniversary! (ok, did I read that right and it is your anniversary today? )

*huggles LJ* Coz I see her lurking down there.

*huggles babancat* I'm going to tattoo "leave family AT HOME!" on the back fo your hand 'k?

*huggles Jann* well, just coz I can.

And on that note, Woodnight Woohoos.
        I sooo at the suggested badge name for Amanda!!!! It does seem appropriate!

*bounces at the second bolded part*
        *giggles like a school girl*
        *bear huggles* Thank you!

And I'd like to say yeah, Wendy you did an awesome job with the badges, and I'm gonna keep it forever! I'm thinking about starting a diary again just so I could keep all of the stuff from the con in one safe place! THANK YOU WENDY!!!
        sigpic
        Big thanks to josi for avi and sig

Comment

Originally posted by Devilish Me View Post
          Ohhh, can't wait for the vid!!!!!

Just as long Cags remembered she has to do one as well!!!

*am gonna send what I have during the day*
          Don't forget to email certain pics to me

Hmm... I don't remember it that way, especially when you ran off with my boots...

I had a totally insane moment on the airport when they asked me to take them off and put them into the bucket. And I narrowed my eyes and thought: "Where is Jumble?"
          You're very lucky to have got all the way home with those boots! They fitted me perfectly

Ohhhh, and thank you for asking my question!!!! *giggles* I was so excited. Still am.

Jenn was so kind to ask my question for me, and was like: "I'm asking this question for a reluctant Woohooo..." and then when Amanda was finished she asked if the answer was ok, and Jenn turns to me and all I was thinking was: DON'T LOOK AT MEEEE, but managed to nod and not blush

Thankkkks again!!! (((MoB))))
          There is no such thing as a reluctant WooHoo!!!! I think you were just trying to lull Amanda into a false sense of security

And I'd like to say yeah, Wendy you did an awesome job with the badges, and I'm gonna keep it forever! I'm thinking about starting a diary again just so I could keep all of the stuff from the con in one safe place! THANK YOU WENDY!!!
          What she said ^^^ AWESOME last minute job Wendy, and so much better than I could have done

Jess has almost perfected her 'Martin' look....

Comment

Have to catch a plane so very little time to say anything but I had a fabulous time and it was wonderful meeting all the woohoos. Cags, thanks for putting me up for last night and Jumble, thank you for the fun week at your place. As always, Amanda was wonderful..nothing else need be said on that! And thank you all for the song yesterday....nothing like being serenaded by a room full of Gabits and Woohoos! Much appreciated!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
              Have to catch a plane so very little time to say anything but I had a fabulous time and it was wonderful meeting all the woohoos. Cags, thanks for putting me up for last night and Jumble, thank you for the fun week at your place. As always, Amanda was wonderful..nothing else need be said on that! And thank you all for the song yesterday....nothing like being serenaded by a room full of Gabits and Woohoos! Much appreciated!
              So sorry mobile reception was so bad that we kept getting cut off earlier I enjoyed our time together too and am really looking forward to my trip over to you in July *bounces*

Safe journey *hugs*

Comment

What she said and then some. Especially the bit about the hair.

And, yes, she is. She can be The Totally Awesome Hair Woohoo. We can put that on next year's badges deeleyboppers/sashes.
                The word 'amazing' just seems to pop into my head when I think of her really!

BTW #1, Wendy, thank you for the great badges. They are magnificant and just about as perfectly encapsulating the spirit of woohooness to a tee.- yes right down to the emergency repeair kit (although I might make a small case that duct tape would have been more appropriate ). I think you're now official Woohoo's on tour merchandise creator.
                You're welcome. Very welcome
                I think I need to restock on things like duct tape!
                I carried the emergency tape all weekend. I did try to fix Laurie's badge but bless her, she kept leaving it in her room.
                I think a trip to the store is necessary before I finish making the rest!

Aw wonderful weekend. I met so many awesome people. Faces and hugs to names and all that. And yep, every Woohoo bet there there or not is awesome. Oh how many people cam eup to us and said "Oh so you're the woohoos then? I lurk and I think you guys are crazy - that's crazy in a good way..."

We are officially crazy in a good way folks.
                The best kind of crazy!

Amanda did indeed kick of the con by asking where the woohoos are. That was awesome.
                She did indeed agree to pose with Bekkidoll for the photoshoot - given how naughty bekkidoll had been, that was incredibly gracious of her. She did indeed ooze grace and warmth from every single itty bitty pore, and give the most amazing huggles...
                That was awesome. So awesome. I don't care that the word may get overused either

... although, actually (sorry Amanda) Dee's huggles are better. Well, they just are!
                I agree. Dee hugs are so squishy!

Originally posted by Devilish Me View Post
                Awwwww, Wendyyyy! Miss you too! Everyone really!
                I MISS YOU ALL.

I was pretending it was named Martin, so why not!

The actual name was something like Isiris or some such thing.
                I just know it was named Isis (something like that) after the dog.

You're welcome, really. I'm just so pleased you like them. I didn't want anyone to be disappointed.

What she said ^^^ AWESOME last minute job Wendy, and so much better than I could have done
                I think you would have done a fabulous job, actually But you're welcome. I know I keep saying phew, but I really didn't want to let anyone down!

Jess has almost perfected her 'Martin' look....

AWESOME! She looks so cute!

Originally posted by llp View Post
                It was our honour to sing to you, really! I hope you had a happy birthday
                sigpic
                Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

The word 'amazing' just seems to pop into my head when I think of her really!

You're welcome. Very welcome
                  I think I need to restock on things like duct tape!
                  I carried the emergency tape all weekend. I did try to fix Laurie's badge but bless her, she kept leaving it in her room.
                  I think a trip to the store is necessary before I finish making the rest!
                  That reminds me, I must pm you a request

The best kind of crazy!

That was awesome. So awesome. I don't care that the word may get overused either

I agree. Dee hugs are so squishy!
                  They so ARE!!!!

You're welcome, really. I'm just so pleased you like them. I didn't want anyone to be disappointed.
                  I assure you nobody was disappointed! The badges were perfect
                  I think you would have done a fabulous job, actually But you're welcome. I know I keep saying phew, but I really didn't want to let anyone down!

AWESOME! She looks so cute!
                  She's been practising all morning

It was our honour to sing to you, really! I hope you had a happy birthday
                  D'oh! I missed the Birthday serenade

Comment

That reminds me, I must pm you a request
                    Badge requests? PM meeeeee. I have several from over the weekend, too. Get them in quick!

I assure you nobody was disappointed! The badges were perfect

She's been practising all morning
                    Good girl. Hehehe.

D'oh! I missed the Birthday serenade
                    sigpic
                    Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Badge requests? PM meeeeee. I have several from over the weekend, too. Get them in quick!
                      Done!

Good girl. Hehehe.

I'm showing her lots of pics of Martin's goofy looks so she can get it just right

Of course, I'm not looking at them myself because a) I'm working and b) I prefer to study the ones with his proper smile.... you know, the one that makes me go all gooey and temporarily forget that I admire him for his work and his sense of humour and his genuine.. ness, and because he's so sweet to me and appreciates his WooHoos and not because of his beautiful eyes and that awesome smile and his voice and and.......

Darnit, I did it again

*sigh*

*waves to 5 guests and hopes Martin and Amanda are still asleep, or very very busy.....*

Comment

Done!

I'm showing her lots of pics of Martin's goofy looks so she can get it just right

Of course, I'm not looking at them myself because a) I'm working and b) I prefer to study the ones with his proper smile.... you know, the one that makes me go all gooey and temporarily forget that I admire him for his work and his sense of humour and his genuine.. ness, and because he's so sweet to me and appreciates his WooHoos and not because of his beautiful eyes and that awesome smile and his voice and and.......

Darnit, I did it again

*sigh*

*waves to 5 guests and hopes Martin and Amanda are still asleep, or very very busy.....*
                        Awwww. *huggles*

I love that you're showing her Martin pictures!

I really should be working but I can't concentrate. I really can't. I'm just sitting here daydreaming.
                        sigpic
                        Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

For those attending AT5, was there pre-registration again ?

Comment

Originally posted by RepliCartertje View Post
                            For those attending AT5, was there pre-registration again ?
                            I didn't see any pre-registration. Just an announcement that there will be an AT6.
                            sigpic
                            Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

I didn't see any pre-registration. Just an announcement that there will be an AT6.
                              owkay... so no pre-registration means I might actually think about AT6...probably will be a no though but who knows

Comment

Awwww. *huggles*

I love that you're showing her Martin pictures!
                                To be fair, she can hardly avoid him in this house

I really should be working but I can't concentrate. I really can't. I'm just sitting here daydreaming.
                                I know what you mean, it's a good thing Tuesday is my easy day Although having said that, I've got the contract interview with little Siiri and her mum in about an hour........ I need to write myself a list to make sure I cover all the things I need to know..........

Comment

Working...
                                X