No announcement yet.

The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Holy cow that is great! You guys are going to have a ball!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by trupi View Post
      Holy cow that is great! You guys are going to have a ball!
      Thanks! I feel super accomplished tonight. I even designed the underbustle from scratch. It's huge though. I think that will be going in my carryon, lol.
      sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

That looks amazing MoB Still can't wait to see the top though
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
          That looks amazing MoB Still can't wait to see the top though
          I need help with the whole getting dressed in a corset thing. Hopefully Sunday night I'll get some pics. Otherwise, I'll get some at AT5.
          sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
            I need help with the whole getting dressed in a corset thing. Hopefully Sunday night I'll get some pics. Otherwise, I'll get some at AT5.
            I understood that. I'll just try to wait...not so patiently! I always admire people that can put an outfit like that together! It's amazing.
            sigpic

Comment

wow, MoB! That looks fabulous!!

*happy dances*
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
                I understood that. I'll just try to wait...not so patiently! I always admire people that can put an outfit like that together! It's amazing.
                I'm pretty shocked it turned out so well. It's not perfect, but it's the first garment I've sewed in about 10 years, so not too bad.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bekki View Post
                  wow, MoB! That looks fabulous!!

*happy dances*
                  Thx Bekki!

What are you happy dancing about?
                  sigpic

Comment

The success of your pretty crafty skirt, of course *happy dances again*
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
                      Hmm... so glad I didn't actually post what I wrote out last night... (I was having a bad day Today has been... better. )
                      Ah you have more restraint than I do! I usually make the post and then try frantically to delete it the next morning in the (forlorn) hope that nobody's seen it

*squishy huggles for bad day*

*snort*

*glances at straggly overlong, half dyed/half grey locks*... er, yeah, no chance.

Well, becuase Jumblooostock sounds like a loo cleaner?

Seriously, hair? It's a girl thing. of course we care.

MOB you better show ups piccys. I want to see it now.

So I was looking on line for Laurie's flight details.... if you're interested in tracking her: http://www.flightstats.com/go/Flight...o?id=216171505

Gotta love modern technology.

*huggles woohoos*
                      ETA 11.19 - that's less than two hours from now

Originally posted by Bekki View Post
                      Hehehe Jumbloostock Has a certain ring to it, doesn't it?

*huggles Cags* Good to see you, lady!

*looks at own straggly hair* if it makes you feel better, mine's nice and grey-speckled too...

*fans poobags snow away from northern friends *

Last day with the family before the uber roadtrip back to Victoria Lots of packing, and a tasty needle-sticking appointment in about ten minutes! I heart acupuncture!
                      Eeeeewwwww!!!! I have needle-phobia......... the mere mention of acu... acupu.... *runz away*

Oh, and you might have warned me that the Bekki doll was made as an exact copy!!! Two bottles of wine and a pack of Timtams have disappeared already

Oh good grief! I do wish Heart wood stop playing THAT song

Comment

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
                        Okay, here's the bustle skirt!

The rest of the outfit is black leather-look leggings and my Magnus boots (the other side shows more leg). The top is a white gibson-girl blouse with a B&W cameo at the collar and a black leather corset over the whole thing. Topped by that cute hat I bought a while back. Of course, I can't get into the outfit without a lady's maid and Andi is out tonight, so...

Oh my that is awesome. can you come and sew my curtains please? They've only been sitting waiting to be made two months.

As for thr rest...er.. no idea what you just said... ok, well I got the leather and leggings bits and, unsurprisingly the corset, but not being a fashionista, the rest kinda made a whooshing sound as it passed me by...

*glances and joggy bottoms, scraggy sewatshirt and scraped back hair...*

Er, yeah.

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
                        Ah you have more restraint than I do! I usually make the post and then try frantically to delete it the next morning in the (forlorn) hope that nobody's seen it

*squishy huggles for bad day*
                        Thank you. I think I only didn't post because I was too drunk/exhausted to know what I was doing and just forgot!

I had the whole "it's been 100 days" thing going on in my head and it got me thinking about the episode with She Who Shall Not Be Named although I never really had a problem with Jack getting a bit of action with some other woman anyway, and quite liked her tbh and I was thinking what a load of old cobblers that was... I mean you don't just go "oh, that's it 100 days of mourning my husband, I'm done with that, on with my life then" The getting on with things is something you have to do from day 1, like it or not... and the mourning? Pah... try for the rest of my life. Every day. Every minute. It's just a big steaming pile of dog poo and I just want him back... mainly so I can kill him for bloody well dying on me.

... Anyway...

... apparently this is all perfectly normal, including the anger...

ETA 11.19 - that's less than two hours from now
                        I know. She's going to have to wait until about 1pm before I can pick her up though, as I never banked on the flight being early! I really should know by now that flights from the West nearly alwasy run a little early. I have to pick Benjabubs up from school first and, er, I should be working right now. Although, I've run out of plain paper so have had to close the office - such a hardship! I feel a bit like that woman from Come Fly With Me that kept having to close the coffee shop...

Oh good grief! I do wish Heart wood stop playing THAT song
                        What song?
                        sigpic

Comment

Oh my that is awesome. can you come and sew my curtains please? They've only been sitting waiting to be made two months.

As for thr rest...er.. no idea what you just said... ok, well I got the leather and leggings bits and, unsurprisingly the corset, but not being a fashionista, the rest kinda made a whooshing sound as it passed me by...

*glances and joggy bottoms, scraggy sewatshirt and scraped back hair...*

Er, yeah.

Thank you. I think I only didn't post because I was too drunk/exhausted to know what I was doing and just forgot!

I had the whole "it's been 100 days" thing going on in my head and it got me thinking about the episode with She Who Shall Not Be Named although I never really had a problem with Jack getting a bit of action with some other woman anyway, and quite liked her tbh
                          Oh, you mean LAIRA

and I was thinking what a load of old cobblers that was... I mean you don't just go "oh, that's it 100 days of mourning my husband, I'm done with that, on with my life then" The getting on with things is something you have to do from day 1, like it or not... and the mourning? Pah... try for the rest of my life. Every day. Every minute. It's just a big steaming pile of dog poo and I just want him back... mainly so I can kill him for bloody well dying on me.

... Anyway...

... apparently this is all perfectly normal, including the anger...

Tell me about it 100 days 10,000 days, the numbers mean nothing.

And yes, the anger is perfectly normal even if it does get directed at the wrong person

I know. She's going to have to wait until about 1pm before I can pick her up though, as I never banked on the flight being early! I really should know by now that flights from the West nearly alwasy run a little early. I have to pick Benjabubs up from school first and, er, I should be working right now. Although, I've run out of plain paper so have had to close the office - such a hardship! I feel a bit like that woman from Come Fly With Me that kept having to close the coffee shop...
                          She was expecting it to take about an hour to get through Customs (although I don't quite know why ), so she won't mind waiting for you I'm sure

Come Fly With Me? No idea

What song?
                          The one from 'the vid that shall not be named'. I thought making the vid wood get it out of my head, but it's still haunting me

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
                            Oh, you mean LAIRA

Tell me about it 100 days 10,000 days, the numbers mean nothing.

And yes, the anger is perfectly normal even if it does get directed at the wrong person
                            Huggles you for understanding... although I wish like heck you bloody well didn't IYKWIM. *squishy huggles*

She was expecting it to take about an hour to get through Customs (although I don't quite know why ), so she won't mind waiting for you I'm sure
                            It took you and Sarai about an hour and a bit to come through from Vangroovy so sounds about right. Might work out better actually and I can just collect her from pick up and not have to pay to park for too long.

Come Fly With Me? No idea
                            http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00trc9v

It wasn't as funny as Little Britian (although lots of that I never found very funny) but fairly well observed. There really are people like that and they do all seem to congragate to airports!

The one from 'the vid that shall not be named'. I thought making the vid wood get it out of my head, but it's still haunting me
                            Oh *that* song. Sorry, can't help you there. You could start humming "Ev'ry Sperm Is Sacred from Monty Python's Meaning Of Life... oh, no wait, that proabbly won't help much.

Just going to get Benjabubs then Laurie now....now! Back later, with Woohoo in tow.
                            sigpic

Comment

Huggles you for understanding... although I wish like heck you bloody well didn't IYKWIM. *squishy huggles*
                              I wish neither of us understood But we do and that's life and we'll just have to help each other deal with it

It took you and Sarai about an hour and a bit to come through from Vangroovy so sounds about right. Might work out better actually and I can just collect her from pick up and not have to pay to park for too long.
                              Did it? I thought we got off the plane and walked straight out........ just shows you how befuddled (read: Martinized) my brain was at the time

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00trc9v

It wasn't as funny as Little Britian (although lots of that I never found very funny) but fairly well observed. There really are people like that and they do all seem to congragate to airports!
                              I didn't find any of Little Britain funny Nor The Office (I personally think Ricky Gervais is the least funny person on the planet ). Just not my sort of humour I guess *shrugs*

Oh *that* song. Sorry, can't help you there. You could start humming "Ev'ry Sperm Is Sacred from Monty Python's Meaning Of Life... oh, no wait, that proabbly won't help much.
                              Yes, *that* bloody song

I blame Martin........ or his eyes at least

Just going to get Benjabubs then Laurie now....now! Back later, with Woohoo in tow.
                              Just heard from Laurie. She's arrived at Heathrow but can't get through to Cags' phone I've told them both to meet outside Terminal 4 and I just hope that's enough *bites fingernails*

Comment

Yay! They've found each other!!!! Laurie is safe and sound with Cags and Ben

AT5 has officially begun!!!! WooHooooood!!!!! :

*rushes off to finish cleaning the house*

Comment

Working...
                                X