X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yay Laurie!!! Have a great flight, can't wait til next week

Comment

Originally posted by m_wendy_r View Post
      I know I don't think winter likes me Thankfully my ankle isn't as bad as it was before Christmas. It's just a bit painful when I stand for too long - aka like I have to at work at the moment for those 8 hour shifts on my temporary department as petrol has a refit - but otherwise, no where near as bad. No where. So my fingers crossed that if I rest inbetween shifts that I'll be able to just carry on at AT5 like it's not a problem!
      Best way to forget the pain? Lots and LOTS of wine

Goodness me! How time flies! How time flies! Think of me as you're drinking that wine, which I know will be the FIRST thing you do when you get in!
      Now why wood you think that?

*looks at previous comment*

Ah, right

Originally posted by llp View Post
      Well it is 7 am and I am awake. A shower, a little breakfast and around 9:30 am I will be on my way. Still sleepy but that makes it easier to sleep on the plane!

THANK YOU TO ALL YOU NICE PEOPLE FOR THE "GREAT FLIGHT" WISHES!

Jumble - DO NOT CUT YOUR HAIR TOO SHORT! I like it about the length it was at TSE!
      and I'll see you tomorrow. And thanks for the well wishes....leaving here in a little more than 2 hours.
      Ok, I gave in to WooHoo pressure, only had about 4 inches lopped off, so it is about the same as it was at TSE

- ah, so you finally figured that one out have you!
      Oh I figured that out long ago

So, time to log off and turn on my pc....It gets a rest while I'm on vacation!

So bye for now! http://i981.photobucket.com/albums/a...ple/001-14.gif - I have to get ready to leave. That is if I can pull myself off the ceiling for bouncing so high!
      http://i981.photobucket.com/albums/a...reenstars1.gif http://i981.photobucket.com/albums/ae294/llperkiss/Little%20symbols%20and%20people/happy093.gif[/IMG]
      Mass group hug for all! http://i981.photobucket.com/albums/a.../grouphugg.gif

I'm on vacation.
      We're going 'fishing'? Ok

See you in about 22 hours! *huggles*

*huggles Bree for nasty snow storms* Glad to hear that you're safe

Comment

That's still quite a lot of inches Jumble! You do know you have to make a picture now! I want to see how long it is!

Pretty please with Martin on top!

I'm still working on getting my hair on boob length...

*blinks*

EDIT: and you two are going "fishing" Like Sam and Jack...

Didn't see that one coming...
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
          That's still quite a lot of inches Jumble! You do know you have to make a picture now! I want to see how long it is!

Pretty please with Martin on top!

I'm still working on getting my hair on boob length...

*blinks*
          It's pretty much this length...

.... having been waaaay past boob length

EDIT: and you two are going "fishing" Like Sam and Jack...

Didn't see that one coming...
          Neither did I......... Laurie must have made some plans that she hasn't told me about.......

Comment

Cool! That's a nice length! and how do you get it to grow that fast! Mine just doesn't grow that fast(except my bangs(which you call something else in England) which is a pain in the ***)

I'm curious what plans she has...keep us updated *giggles*
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
              Cool! That's a nice length! and how do you get it to grow that fast! Mine just doesn't grow that fast(except my bangs(which you call something else in England) which is a pain in the ***)
              I have no idea, it's always grown pretty fast We call that a 'fringe'

I'm curious what plans she has...keep us updated *giggles*
              Me too

Oh I'm sure you'll hear all about it........ whatever it is

Comment

*bounces in*

AT5 starts here hey? Hope Laurie has a safe flight

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
                Drunk? Who said anything about being drunk???

We will simply be sampling a little grape juice in honour of our beloved Amanda.....

Of course, Josiane will be drunk very quickly, but at least with these smaller glasses she'll be able to say that she drank TWO before she fell over

Originally posted by Bekki View Post
                *huggles woohoos* Wooooo AT5!!!

Northern Queensland looks alright...theres a bit of damage, but people are safe, which is the most important thing

*looks forward to next week* Go you AT5 woodiehoos!
                Phew! Such a relief My friend's aunt & uncle live just north of Cairns, and I stayed with them when I was over there. They were really kind and I was worrying about them, but my friend says they're OK - they were lucky because it tracked further south than they initially thought.

Originally posted by Bekki View Post
                yippee, Laurie!!! *bounces*

I just had a strange fanfic experience...

I uploaded a new chapter of one of my fics, and then went to ff.net to have a good read of some other stories and I came across a story that had the same premise as the chapter i just uploaded. I read on, and it was the same as mine, only in a different context. And then there was some identical diaologue. And then I got confused. And then I read to the end, and the ending was different and lovely. And then there was an author's note saying they wrote it because it popped into their head while they were reading my fic.

It was very odd...it's not like I wanted them to ask permission to rewrite my concept in a different setting, because let's face it, the over-arching concept wasn't mine to begin with, it's the BBC's. And I'm not upset at all...I'm a little flattered, I guess...but it's just kinda weird. There was even a quote from harry potter that I had put in mine that was in theirs...

Odd...very odd...
                That is odd I would say that's not really on, if they copy dialogue from you. Borrowing the idea is one thing (and as you say, fanfic is all playing in someone else's head to a certain extent), but actually using your lines of dialogue I would think crosses a line. At least they acknowledged where they got the idea from, that's something.
                sigpic
                Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

I have no idea, it's always grown pretty fast We call that a 'fringe'
                  I'm jealous! Judging from my pictures from last year it's not a whole lot longer!

Me too

Oh I'm sure you'll hear all about it........ whatever it is
                  I can't wait.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by m_wendy_r View Post
                    Jumble, midway, though I think you look fabulous with long and curly too

1. I need to do my hair at some point next week. As well as go shopping to find something to wear as a costume for the party since my sister-in-law let me down a bit. Got to finish my Invented Traditions assignment today and send it off. Got to chase up the WooHoo badges. Got to start making sure things are ready to be packed here. Work is crazy and depressing right now. I twisted my ankle (again) and my rib is slowly getting better. I still feel weak from that flu but that's doing better, too.

That was me-in-five-seconds.

*huggles you WooHoos*
                    2. I hope you got your money MoB.
                    Laurie, I hope you have a safe flight.
                    Bekki, I hope you're still safe and okay *hugs*

3. I can't wait until AT5! It's so close now!
                    1. Be careful!!
                    2. Thanks. I'm on my way out to check on it...
                    3. Yippee!

Originally posted by llp View Post
                    I have to get ready to leave. That is if I can pull myself off the ceiling for bouncing so high!

I'm on vacation.
                    Travel safe Laurie! See you next week!

1. Best way to forget the pain? Lots and LOTS of wine

2. Ok, I gave in to WooHoo pressure, only had about 4 inches lopped off, so it is about the same as it was at TSE
                    2. Oh nice. I like it like that!

Looks like all the woohoos are getting coiffed before the big weekend? I have an appt for Saturday.
                    sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

I do find it amusing that you all have opinions about how long/short my hair should be

Poor Martin. If he has been lurking he must be wondering exactly why this thread is named after him

Comment

Financial disaster averted! *phew*

Feeling much better
                        sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Yahoo!!! Good to hear that MoB
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
                            Financial disaster averted! *phew*

Feeling much better
                            What a relief! The last thing you want is a financial disaster right before an overseas trip

Edit: Whoever wrote today's Home and Away script must have been watching Runaway Bride

Comment

What a relief! The last thing you want is a financial disaster right before an overseas trip
                              For real. This has NEVER happened to me before and it really freaked me out. Back in the days when I was singing for my supper, it wasn't unusual for me to be living on the edge of my bank balance, which is stressful enough in and of itself, but I never had a rent and student loan payment teetering on bounceage then either! Very, very relieved!
                              sigpic

Comment

Darn it! I missed your 69...

Comment

Working...
                                X