The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by starlover View Post
    You can just make an adult version of the chapter and a less adult one I mean I like steam, but not direct dirty in my face stuff! (except in real life)
    I think that might work.

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
    Can you believe that I haven't actually had the chocolate brownie???? You'd think by now I'd have worked my way through the whole dessert menu, but I haven't

Yet

Stuart is really looking forward to the 10th February..........

This sounds like a dessert I must try.

Ok...weirdest short vent ever...and because you probably are going to roll your eyes at it in spoilers
    Spoiler:

I love my parents. I really do and I appreciate the fact that they're helping me out atm, but it came atm to the point of me feeling a LOT of guilt!

I thought/hoped that I would get my first paycheck today. Last Thursday I found out I wouldn't get paid till the 15th...this meant I wouldn't be able to pay my bills. I told this to my parents and said it was a small bill but I was trying to work something out with work for a reimbursement I would still get from last December.

Now my dad mailed me that he put "some" money on my account. I was grateful and glad that I would at least be able to pay my bills before Wednesday. Now I saw he put a little bit more than "some"(IMHO) on it. More than I needed for now that is....and that just makes me feel guilty. He also gave me a LOT of money during the dec/jan months for getting stuff for my apartment/christmas presents etc.

I'm like, I want to stand on my own...and not feel guilty about all the money I get from them.

I know it sounds stupid, but I don't want to still be dependent from them while I have a full time(intern) job...

Anyway...I did do groceries now for the first time since I moved here!
    +
    Originally posted by llp View Post
    Parents will do that all their lives...it helps to make them feel that you still need them no matter what. My mom always picked up the check when we went out to eat til the day she died (and she was 84 and I was well old enough to be able to afford to pay myself). On special occasions like her birthday, I would pick up the tab for the day, other than that...never. I learned a long long long time ago, it was important to her, so I just quit arguing and just said Thank you! But I also knew that if she ever needed anything, I could help her.
    = What Laurie said. Let them spoil you if that's what they feel they need to do.
    sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Originally posted by Bekki View Post
      Weeeeeeeeeeeeeee - Dolly arrived !!! She got there fast too, I only sent her a week ago! WTG Australia Post!
      I was surprised it arrived so fast!!!

Oh dear...Jumble..."In your face" I just laughed so hard I cried, and then my brother asked what was wrong and I had to explain....hehehehe, oh dear...
      I was only repeating what Jann said

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
      I think that might work.

This sounds like a dessert I must try.

+

= What Laurie said. Let them spoil you if that's what they feel they need to do.
      So must I

Jann, as a parent who is constantly bailing her children out I can confirm that it's a love thing

Comment

Hm. Quote from This Morning:

"There are a million people walking around the UK with undiagnosed diabetes."

If they haven't been diagnosed, how do they know that?

Comment

I was only repeating what Jann said
          Blaming me for your antics....tsk tsk...

Jann, as a parent who is constantly bailing her children out I can confirm that it's a love thing
          I'll just leave it on the fact that parents are weird and I won't understand this till I have kids of my own!

Err....they're physic? Or it's just based on current numbers of people that come in hospitals and all of a sudden get diagnosed while they never knew they had it before...

And ugh...I dislike India right now Got a meeting at 8 am with our Indian office...don't they know I don't do mornings?
          sigpic

Comment

It's an estimate based on obesity rates and number of people who don't avail themselves of available healthcare.
            sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
              It's an estimate based on obesity rates and number of people who don't avail themselves of available healthcare.
              So, a totally inaccurate statement then?

Comment

I feel the same way, Jann: whenever I'm with my dad he always buys things for me/doesn't let me buy anything but if I ever ask him for money (which is never) he complains... I don't get it. (or him but pff)

I keep getting brain block on my essay I have about 600/1500 words and it's due Thursday. I have all my research and I KNOW what I want to say but it's not getting written.... that and I hate structuring essays, proper essays. Give me my A-Level Psychology essays ANY day.

Comment

Ok...weirdest short vent ever...and because you probably are going to roll your eyes at it in spoilers
                  Spoiler:

I love my parents. I really do and I appreciate the fact that they're helping me out atm, but it came atm to the point of me feeling a LOT of guilt!

I thought/hoped that I would get my first paycheck today. Last Thursday I found out I wouldn't get paid till the 15th...this meant I wouldn't be able to pay my bills. I told this to my parents and said it was a small bill but I was trying to work something out with work for a reimbursement I would still get from last December.

Now my dad mailed me that he put "some" money on my account. I was grateful and glad that I would at least be able to pay my bills before Wednesday. Now I saw he put a little bit more than "some"(IMHO) on it. More than I needed for now that is....and that just makes me feel guilty. He also gave me a LOT of money during the dec/jan months for getting stuff for my apartment/christmas presents etc.

I'm like, I want to stand on my own...and not feel guilty about all the money I get from them.

I know it sounds stupid, but I don't want to still be dependent from them while I have a full time(intern) job...

Anyway...I did do groceries now for the first time since I moved here!
                  Jann, what Jumble , Laurie and the rest said. You are lucky that you have a dad who cares.
                  Spoiler:
                  BTW I wish that was my problem! My father never wood part with a penny. It was only because our landlord is such a sweetheart that Char and I kept a roof over our heads when she lost her first job. Now that she's lost her second one we are just making it, without health insurance because we just can't afford it anymore, and my father and brother (both of whom have money) never offered to help. They just "feel bad for us".

Had a dream last night that I was at AT5 and Amanda gave me a hug and then announced that she had a surprise for everyone and out walks Martin Wood and he heads straight for Jumble and gives her a big hug. Then Amanda gave me another big hug.
                  I was seriously annoyed when I woke up.

So, it is snowing again. 3-6 inches of snow today and 4-6 inches of icy, slushy, sleety, heavy wet snow mix tomorrow. This could be bad as the danger of downed tree limbs, trees themselves and powerlines is huge.

*crawls back into my igloo*
                  sigpic

Comment

*huggles Bree* I am glad he cares! It's just my darn pride
                    Spoiler:
                    Aww *hugs*. That's so unfair. He's your dad and should help you out when needed! IMHO

As for health insurance, I just had to get that for my VISA(I'm not allowed not to have health insurance) and I had to pay that, for 5 months, all at once. Ouch!
                    Also I'm having a double health insurance now since I'm still insured in Europe because if I go out it's really difficult to get fully covered back in and my dad doesn't trust the fact I'm full insured here in the US, so I always have a back up one

And like I said before; it's a stupid rant. It's just my darn pride that gets hurt.

EDIT: Fun fact....after I put on FB "internet bill paid" my dad replied..."It was almost very quiet on the Internet..." and my brother "You must go into rehab for a while then" ...gotta love the family!

Yucky for snow! *huggles again*. I luckily, this time, live in the part of the US where we don't get any. It's a bit foggy/rainy in here, but no snow, no freezing, just weather that reminds me of the Netherlands!
                    I hope you stay alright during this storm!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wine_buyer View Post
                      Jann, what Jumble , Laurie and the rest said. You are lucky that you have a dad who cares.
                      Spoiler:
                      BTW I wish that was my problem! My father never wood part with a penny. It was only because our landlord is such a sweetheart that Char and I kept a roof over our heads when she lost her first job. Now that she's lost her second one we are just making it, without health insurance because we just can't afford it anymore, and my father and brother (both of whom have money) never offered to help. They just "feel bad for us".

Had a dream last night that I was at AT5 and Amanda gave me a hug and then announced that she had a surprise for everyone and out walks Martin Wood and he heads straight for Jumble and gives her a big hug. Then Amanda gave me another big hug.
                      I was seriously annoyed when I woke up.

So, it is snowing again. 3-6 inches of snow today and 4-6 inches of icy, slushy, sleety, heavy wet snow mix tomorrow. This could be bad as the danger of downed tree limbs, trees themselves and powerlines is huge.

*crawls back into my igloo*
                      We're having the same dreams now???

Every time I have that dream I wake up and tell myself nevergoingtohappennevergoingtohappennevergoingtohappen.........

But I still hope

Comment

Originally posted by boxeddreams View Post
                        I feel the same way, Jann: whenever I'm with my dad he always buys things for me/doesn't let me buy anything but if I ever ask him for money (which is never) he complains... I don't get it. (or him but pff)

I keep getting brain block on my essay I have about 600/1500 words and it's due Thursday. I have all my research and I KNOW what I want to say but it's not getting written.... that and I hate structuring essays, proper essays. Give me my A-Level Psychology essays ANY day.
                        What is the topic?
                        sigpic

Comment

Afternoon all

Really looking forward to it! Apparently we're quite entertaining.................

Someone better remind me to take the cold box with me to collect what are apparently now known as 'The WooHoo Desserts'

Of course, he'll get a little preview next Sunday when Laurie, Suz, Mike, Linette and I go for Mike's birthday dinner
                          Aww! Stuart is officially the Woohoo's Favourite Chef!

Jann, just to add in and say what everyone else said I completely understand how you feel, because I'm always determined to stand on my own two feet too, but sometimes you need a bit of help and your parents are the best people to do that, because they understand. I'm taking my mum to see a show next weekend for her birthday, but have already had to relent and agree that she can pay for lunch on the basis that I bought the tickets - she won't let me pay for everything even though it's her birthday present...
                          sigpic
                          Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

*huggles Bree* I am glad he cares! It's just my darn pride
                            Spoiler:
                            Aww *hugs*. That's so unfair. He's your dad and should help you out when needed! IMHO

As for health insurance, I just had to get that for my VISA(I'm not allowed not to have health insurance) and I had to pay that, for 5 months, all at once. Ouch!
                            Also I'm having a double health insurance now since I'm still insured in Europe because if I go out it's really difficult to get fully covered back in and my dad doesn't trust the fact I'm full insured here in the US, so I always have a back up one

And like I said before; it's a stupid rant. It's just my darn pride that gets hurt.

EDIT: Fun fact....after I put on FB "internet bill paid" my dad replied..."It was almost very quiet on the Internet..." and my brother "You must go into rehab for a while then" ...gotta love the family!

Yucky for snow! *huggles again*. I luckily, this time, live in the part of the US where we don't get any. It's a bit foggy/rainy in here, but no snow, no freezing, just weather that reminds me of the Netherlands!
                            I hope you stay alright during this storm!
                            Please, don't get me started on that stupid word
                            Spoiler:
                            pride!
                            It is as bad as saying "I can't do it!" and about as worthless. I am talking to you like your (of GHM) Grandmother....Pride is a worthless, useless word that was invented to give someone an excuse not to do something. Mind you, I have also been inflicted with that desease as well, but it proved to be just as worthless to me as for everyone else. You are still young so you haven't faced the sooooo many struggles that life will offer (and I hope you never do - but I doubt that will happen). If we were meant to conquer life without help, there wouldn't be so damn many of us walking around. It took me a VERY long time to learn this because no one gave me any clues....hopefully this will ease the way some for you.
                            sigpic

Comment

*runz in*
                              *squishy huggles Woohoos*
                              *grovels for forgiveness for complete AWOL-ness*
                              *has news*

Amy rang me at work this afternoon, I could hardly make out a word she was saying she was so excited. Eventually, I deciphered what she was on about...

Spoiler:
                              Dr Who is filming in Charlestown! Today!!!!!!!
                              *multiple screams*

She met Karen Gillan and got her autograph and a pic with her. Matt Smith doesn't arrive until 11pm tonight, but they said she could go back tomorrow to meet him.

She's currently on cloud 49
                              sigpic

Comment

OMG how exciting!!! Lucky lucky Amy, I am soooo jealous!
                                sigpic
                                Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Working...
                                X