Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by starlover View Post
    *hugs*

*sticks tongue out* I probably soon have to take that one to work since it has all my Adobe programs on it and through active participation I probably have to start making an animated(two frame) banner soon...
    Ah, I knew you'd find some excuse to take it with you

I know; I have a meeting at 11 am to talk about what exactly I'm gonna do in here and what my interests are(what skills I want to develop), but so far I don't have a lot to do just yet. Plus I'm a lot faster than everyone expects me to be(and the fact that I apparently understand everything after they explained it to me once).
    I did this morning some checking of six surveys I made yesterday and updated a budget since I got some extra numbers in, but other than that...got nothing!
    I used to have the same problem waaaaaay back when I did office work. Always got it first time and always finished my work faster than anyone else. Didn't make me popular with the other staff

I'm sure you'll enjoy it much more once you have a better idea of what's expected of you and you start learning lots of new stuff

I just got my AT5 e-ticket

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
      Ah, I knew you'd find some excuse to take it with you
      Of course I do!

I used to have the same problem waaaaaay back when I did office work. Always got it first time and always finished my work faster than anyone else. Didn't make me popular with the other staff
      So far everyone seems to love this fact in here!

I'm sure you'll enjoy it much more once you have a better idea of what's expected of you and you start learning lots of new stuff
      I hope so! We'll see...I'm getting paid for this so I'm not too upset about it

I just got my AT5 e-ticket
      Yahoo! It's coming up real fast now, isn't it!
      sigpic

Comment

Of course I do!

So far everyone seems to love this fact in here!
        Oh, my bosses loved it, my co-workers didn't

I hope so! We'll see...I'm getting paid for this so I'm not too upset about it
        Being paid is always a good thing

Yahoo! It's coming up real fast now, isn't it!
        It is. Laurie arrives here in NINE DAYS!! *looks around untidy house* So much to do...... so little enthusiasm

Comment

Oh, my bosses loved it, my co-workers didn't
          *hugs* Co-workers like it, but that is because I'm on the bottom...everyone gives me things to do so in general there is nobody who could be upset about this!

Being paid is always a good thing
          It is

It is. Laurie arrives here in NINE DAYS!! *looks around untidy house* So much to do...... so little enthusiasm
          Good luck! Perhaps hire a hot male maid(do those exist?) for cleaning. Then you get some fun outta it in the end..well...hopefully!
          Or tell Laurie to just close her eyes
          sigpic

Comment

*hugs* Co-workers like it, but that is because I'm on the bottom...everyone gives me things to do so in general there is nobody who could be upset about this!

It is

Good luck! Perhaps hire a hot male maid(do those exist?) for cleaning. Then you get some fun outta it in the end..well...hopefully!
            If there was a hot male of any kind around here I doubt I could keep her away from him

Just got one thing out of the way - ordered a new mattress so at least she'll be comfortable

Comment

*flops into thread*

Afternoon Woohoos Another crazy day today

But on the upside - AT5 e-ticket!!! *bounces crazily*

And can't wait to see what Bekki has sent!

*huggles* for Wendy - hope the blood test went OK and they can figure out what's wrong.

Glad that Martin's parcel got there safely and on time
              (I originally typed 'package' and then realised that possibly wasn't the best combination of words to use )

The sensible part of my brain (yes, I do have one) doesn't expect everybody to love Sanctuary as much as I do........ no, really it doesn't, .... but I am completely at a loss to understand where the negativity comes from
              *sigh* I never understand why there's so much negativity around everywhere either. Negativity is actually one of my real pet hates, can't be doing with it.

Jann, hope you get some more stuff to do soon! It does sound like they're intending to make sure that you get interesting projects and are taking your desires into account. I know what you mean about working too fast though - I've always had that problem too I had one job that I hated because there was never enough to do - being bored is the worst thing. Not a problem I have in my current job though, I have to say
              sigpic
              Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble
                NO WAY! Can't I watch. But thanks for the new matress....that wasn't really necessary! Oh and I got my AT5 ticket today.

Sorry I haven't been around much. So much to do, so little time to do it in....I won't be around much the next week. Sorry. But for all a BIG HUG:

Now what is this about negative posts...shame on them... PM me where Jumble.

Jann - starting a new "special" job is hard. They probably aren't sure what you can or can't do and how good you are at it.....therefore, they don't want to overwhelm you. Sad thing is, many of the people they might have gotten in the past probably wouldn't complain or were having more problem than you.
                Like Jumble, I use to have the same problem. The first job I got after graduating for college was working for the gov. They place me in a job I was so over qualified for. They handed me a stack of work and after about 4 hours I was done. My boss looked at me and told me to double check it. I said I already did that. Apparently this stack was suppose to last me all week. I did it in a "little" less time.
                My boss loved me, the others, not so much. I stayed there for 6 months and quit. I would have left sooner, but since it was my first job I wanted some time on it. Mind you, I am not anyone special....but I was young with most everyone else doing that particular job were about 40 to 60.
                It also helped that math was easy to me (this was verifying travel expenses). Other jobs probably wouldn't have been so easy.
                I ended up replacing anyone who was out for illness or vacation. I would hop from desk to desk and finish up peoples old work.....needless to say, many were very happy to see me go. My own boss told me "I needed to slow way down because I made people look bad." It was only after I realized I also made them feel bad that I slowed down. But I was BORED!
                Last edited by llp; 25 January 2011, 09:29 AM.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
                  NO WAY! Can't I watch.

But thanks for the new mattress....that wasn't really necessary!
                  Er...... yes it was

Oh and I got my AT5 ticket today.
                  Sorry I haven't been around much. So much to do, so little time to do it in....I won't be around much the next week. Sorry. But for all a BIG HUG: http://i981.photobucket.com/albums/a.../grouphugg.gif
                  *bounces for us all getting our tickets* I'm D11, where are you?

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post
                    *bounces for us all getting our tickets* i'm d11, where are you?
                    D12

GW is deleting my : D -

Comment

I'm D14, so presumably Cags is D13

*bounces*
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
                        I'm D14, so presumably Cags is D13

*bounces*
                        Cool! I've added us into the seating plan

Edit: I missed my 24,000th post!

Comment

Congrats on your 24,000th post Jumble

EDIT: We're a lot closer than I thought we'd be
                          Last edited by Sarai; 25 January 2011, 10:24 AM.

Comment

Thanks Jumble! Not bad at all!

CONGRATS ON 24,000!!!
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sarai View Post
                              Congrats on your24,00th post Jumble

Thanks........ you missed a zero

Yes, Laurie says we're really lucky since we were so late getting tickets. She got hers as soon as they were available and she's ended up in the same row. Maybe somebody decided to plonk all the WooHoos in one place so they can keep an eye on us

Comment

Maybe!

But seriously, cool! Am dead chuffed
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X