No announcement yet.

The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Huge congrats and huggles to Wendy. And sending lots of good luck vibes to Char

Well said Bree, it's a shame yes to not get 20 eps in the new season, but a new season at all is good news! I do think it's probably a financing issue, since one ep of Sanctuary probably takes 5 times the amount of money to make that one ep of SG took! But also, it could just be that MAD have a story arc in mind that particularly lends itself to a 13 ep season. It's not like it's break from the norm for the show. In fact, it's the show thats groundbreaking in the first place!

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post

Btw EH-T, did you let Wendy know what you want on your WooHoo badge for AT5?
      Yes, I am "the only legal woohoo"

Originally posted by starlover View Post
      *huggles Wendy*

And we'll see why it is only 13...there must be a reason for that! It's just a wait and see. I'm sure someone of TPTB is going to explain it sooner or later
      Or ask AT about it at AT5.

We could speculate on a number of reasons. Could be a Syfy decision. Could be that doing 20 eps, especially for AT, MW and DK who wear numerous hats, was too much. Could be that the costs of production have increased and becasue Sanctuary has to find its own financing 20 was not feasible. The Canadian dollar is now higher than the US so $ from Syfy won't go as far.

I am thrilled to have official confirmation of Season 4 but definitely wood have preferred 20 eps.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by Sarai View Post
        Huge congrats and huggles to Wendy. And sending lots of good luck vibes to Char

Well said Bree, it's a shame yes to not get 20 eps in the new season, but a new season at all is good news! I do think it's probably a financing issue, since one ep of Sanctuary probably takes 5 times the amount of money to make that one ep of SG took! But also, it could just be that MAD have a story arc in mind that particularly lends itself to a 13 ep season. It's not like it's break from the norm for the show. In fact, it's the show thats groundbreaking in the first place!
        Thanks Sarai

Your post reminded me of something else. This is probably the most effects heavy show on TV and I am wondering how Anthem fit into the equation. They may have had a hard time keeping up, which could explain the long wait between eps. Remember when everyone else was done filming these guys were still hard at work.
        sigpic

Comment

First things first: I am sending good vibes for Char to get the job. Hang in there Bree. It will all work out okay.

Wendy - poobags (no make that poobuckets) to the doctors who told you to go take some pain pills.

*HUGGLES* and *WAVES* to all the woohoos and guests!

Now about the renewal, first:
          SyFy has RENEWED our

SANCTUARY
          for another 13 episode season.

Now, I know we are all very disappointed it isn't for a 20 episode season, but there could be reasons. First, although shooting the 20E series offers a lot of issues but it is being done beautifully by the cast/crew. However, the work that needs to be done after the episodes are shot can be quite daunting and takes a lot of time. This may prove to be a little more than they can handle. Their post production crew is a lot smaller than their shooting crew. A lot of work is actually done by AT, MW and DK which eats up a lot of their time.

Plus there is a new show they are developing called Sherwood which they hope to be in production (I believe somewhere in between S4 and S5 of Sanctuary). This will also take up a lot of their time. There area only 3 of them and they can only do so much. Besides don't we still want AT (and everyone else) to have AT and TSE events! Time management my friends....time management!

Maybe, just maybe, this is all the time they have left. So personally, as much as I would love a 20 episode season of Helen Magnus and crew, I will gladly take the 13 weeks if it means there will also be a S5, S6, +++++

So, be happy we have a new season and keep the ratings up so we keep getting them and the DVD's - we need to keep supplying Jumble with pictures and film!
          sigpic

Comment

Awesome news!!!!! I'm just glad Sanctuary got renewed! Though I would like to see 20 more eps... but I guess they're saving it for S5

Congrats on your promotion Wendy!!!!!
            sigpic
            Big thanks to josi for avi and sig

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
              Yes, I am "the only legal woohoo"

Or ask AT about it at AT5.
              I suspect Amanda is drafting her reply as we speak

We could speculate on a number of reasons. Could be a Syfy decision. Could be that doing 20 eps, especially for AT, MW and DK who wear numerous hats, was too much. Could be that the costs of production have increased and becasue Sanctuary has to find its own financing 20 was not feasible. The Canadian dollar is now higher than the US so $ from Syfy won't go as far.

I am thrilled to have official confirmation of Season 4 but definitely wood have preferred 20 eps .
              The more I think about it, the more I'm not sure I wood Like you say, the workload on MAD has been tremendous, and if that's the reason then I'll be happy with 13. Better to have shorter seasons but more of them in the future than to have them burn themselves out in 5

Plus, we have to remember that Amanda has so many other committments, S4K is very important to her and I don't see her slowing down on that front any time soon. Nor should she

Comment

So glad Sanctuary has been renewed, though a little sad we won't get 20 episodes of awesome. But still. YAY!
                sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

I am sure if we want to know why, all we have to do is ask Amanda Tapping at the AT5 event.....that is if she isn't already anticipating having to respond to the reason for a 13 episode season and will tell us before anyone even asks!

Personally, I am just happy it is coming back for another season, even if it is for 13 weeks.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
                    First things first: I am sending good vibes for Char to get the job. Hang in there Bree. It will all work out okay.

Wendy - poobags (no make that poobuckets) to the doctors who told you to go take some pain pills.

*HUGGLES* and *WAVES* to all the woohoos and guests!

Now about the renewal, first:
                    SyFy has RENEWED our
                    SANCTUARY
                    for another 13 episode season.

Now, I know we are all very disappointed it isn't for a 20 episode season, but there could be reasons. First, although shooting the 20E series offers a lot of issues but it is being done beautifully by the cast/crew. However, the work that needs to be done after the episodes are shot can be quite daunting and takes a lot of time. This may prove to be a little more than they can handle. Their post production crew is a lot smaller than their shooting crew. A lot of work is actually done by AT, MW and DK which eats up a lot of their time.

Plus there is a new show they are developing called Sherwood which they hope to be in production (I believe somewhere in between S4 and S5 of Sanctuary). This will also take up a lot of their time. There area only 3 of them and they can only do so much. Besides don't we still want AT (and everyone else) to have AT and TSE events! Time management my friends....time management!

Maybe, just maybe, this is all the time they have left. So personally, as much as I would love a 20 episode season of Helen Magnus and crew, I will gladly take the 13 weeks if it means there will also be a S5, S6, +++++

So, be happy we have a new season and keep the ratings up so we keep getting them and the DVD's - we need to keep supplying Jumble with pictures and film!
                    Thanks Laurie

And let's not forget that if Martin, Amanda and Damian have only 13 episodes this gives them plenty of time to do lots and lots of DVD Extras.
                    Originally posted by Jumble View Post

I suspect Amanda is drafting her reply as we speak

The more I think about it, the more I'm not sure I wood Like you say, the workload on MAD has been tremendous, and if that's the reason then I'll be happy with 13. Better to have shorter seasons but more of them in the future than to have them burn themselves out in 5

Plus, we have to remember that Amanda has so many other commitments, S4K is very important to her and I don't see her slowing down on that front any time soon. Nor should she
                    And let's not forget that if Martin, Amanda and Damian have only 13 episodes this gives them plenty of time to do lots and lots of DVD Extras.

Is there an echo in here?
                    sigpic

Comment

What everyone else said.
                      *bounces*

EDIT: WooHood on 3000, Wendy!
                      *sends good luck vibes to Char and Bree*
                      Last edited by DutchIndeed; 18 January 2011, 10:59 AM.
                      Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                      Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
                        What everyone else said.
                        *bounces*

EDIT: WooHood on 3000, Wendy!
                        *sends good luck vibes to Char and Bree*
                        Thanks Nad

Ok, so I googled the following: brocolli woohoodstock chick ( er.. I was looking for a pic of our little chick) and when I clicked on images a page of pix came up that included 3 of my sigs and 2 of my Amanda arties. Crazy huh?
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wine_buyer View Post
                          Thanks Nad

Ok, so I googled the following: brocolli woohoodstock chick ( er.. I was looking for a pic of our little chick) and when I clicked on images a page of pix came up that included 3 of my sigs and 2 of my Amanda arties. Crazy huh?

That's how you find WooHoo art!

Do you still need chick pics?
                          Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post

That's how you find WooHoo art!

Do you still need chick pics?
                            Yes
                            sigpic

Comment

Yes
                              Pulled these from the gif:

It's so cute!

sigpic

Comment

Thanks Laurie

Is there an echo in here?

I know it's really selfish of me, but when you put it that way......

YAY FOR ONLY 13 EPS!!!!

Aaaaaaaaaaand Dee and XFC will definitely be joining us at Anderson's for our pre-AT5 dinner!! WooHoooood!!!!!

Six WooHoos at Anderson's......... I think that might be a record

So far...........

Comment

Working...
                                X