The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*huggles Wendy*

And we'll see why it is only 13...there must be a reason for that! It's just a wait and see. I'm sure someone of TPTB is going to explain it sooner or later
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
      *huggles Wendy*
      *huggles*

And we'll see why it is only 13...there must be a reason for that! It's just a wait and see. I'm sure someone of TPTB is going to explain it sooner or later
      Yes. *patiently waits*

EDIT: OMG. YAY. I've been promoted! I've been promoted!
      sigpic
      Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Originally posted by m_wendy_r View Post
        I don't know why they would reduce the number of episodes, but maybe it's about how much money the network want to be put into the show, is it? Not sure.

I hope it's not the kind of reason that will have the kind of negative impact later that means.... cancellation of the show
        If it's a MAD decision I can understand it from the point of view of how hard they had to work to produce 20 eps, and I do trust them to do what's best for Sanctuary and themselves. But if it's a SyFy decision......... I'm worried

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
          If it's a MAD decision I can understand it from the point of view of how hard they had to work to produce 20 eps, and I do trust them to do what's best for Sanctuary and themselves. But if it's a SyFy decision......... I'm worried
          It's the SyFy decision part that I thought it might be when I suggest the money they want to put into it. I can understand it totally if it's a time for MAD, because, honestly, I was originally worried when they got 20 episodes that they wouldn't be able to make it through each episode by the end. So I hope it's not just a SyFy decision...
          sigpic
          Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Congrats on 3,000 posts Wendy

Woohoo!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post
              First of all *puts on the mod light*

Please ease up on the 'other fans' talk guys. What other people think and say is their business and as long as they don't break the forum rules they have a right to state their opinions. I know it's hard when folks you like are taking a virtual and verbal beating but not everyone can like what you like. Either discuss your disagreements with them in the appropriate threads or move on.
              *turns off mod light*

The thing is that no matter what the producers want, MGM has the final say, and they care less about finishing the story and more about making money. In that regard SG1 and SGA have more chances in bringing in the profit.

Yay! *crosses fingers, toes and eyes*
              Thanks. It's going to be a nerve wracking couple of weeks until we find out one way or another but at least we know she has a 50-50 chance.

I doubt anything we can say wood give him a complex Besides, it wasn't him I was teasing :-D *hugs LJ*

Exactly

You could also try taking some antihistamine. If it is an allergy it might help

I stand corrected - I thought you paused eps to rapture over Amanda's wig hair ;-) :-P

As do we, surely? We were not specifically talking about fans on this forum but fans in general. Yes, our comments were sparked by the discussion on another thread and on Joe's blog, but it's been an ongoing subject for some time now so I don't see why we shouldn't discuss it.

With all due respect Jasmina, I think this is the appropriate thread for us to air our views on things PTB related

Personally, I don't believe that an SG1 movie wood bring in a huge profit.
              I have been trying antihistamines at night so I can get to sleep. It helps but even when I don't have a migraine (like today) there is always a headache. Today's is about a 6 out 10 on the headache scale.

Amanda's has lovely hair, not to mention lovely everything else but I actually do pause the eps to give the Martin speeches to them, as well as the occasional Amanda speech.
              I told them the story about how Amanda drove DK's car and after watching that scene Chuck said "Wow! I'll bet he sh** his pants after he saw this episode!".

Originally posted by josiane View Post
              *bounces in*

SANCTUARY GOT RENEWED!!!

*huggles PTB*
              *joins in the huggling of PTB*
              sigpic

Comment

Thank you, Jann. I'm feeling especially proud of my new rank

*le dork*
                sigpic
                Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

It's the SyFy decision part that I thought it might be when I suggest the money they want to put into it. I can understand it totally if it's a time for MAD, because, honestly, I was originally worried when they got 20 episodes that they wouldn't be able to make it through each episode by the end. So I hope it's not just a SyFy decision...
                  I was worried when we heard that too, and honestly I do think it was a monster task for them to take on. They're only little, after all *huggles them*

And they do have other irons in the fire

Congrats on 3,000 posts Wendy

Woohoo!
                  What she said

Comment

Thank you, Jann. I'm feeling especially proud of my new rank

*le dork*
                    But you're still my servant. *grins*

*looks at her pretty stars*

You know...in a way I don't mind being paid for playing on GW
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wine_buyer View Post
                      Thanks. It's going to be a nerve wracking couple of weeks until we find out one way or another but at least we know she has a 50-50 chance.

I have been trying antihistamines at night so I can get to sleep. It helps but even when I don't have a migraine (like today) there is always a headache. Today's is about a 6 out 10 on the headache scale.

Amanda's has lovely hair, not to mention lovely everything else but I actually do pause the eps to give the Martin speeches to them, as well as the occasional Amanda speech.
                      I told them the story about how Amanda drove DK's car and after watching that scene Chuck said "Wow! I'll bet he sh** his pants after he saw this episode!".

*joins in the huggling of PTB*
                      I think that may well have happened when he was watching the ep being filmed

I'd love to hear your Martin speeches

Lee and Joel got heartily sick of mine

Comment

As do we, surely? We were not specifically talking about fans on this forum but fans in general. Yes, our comments were sparked by the discussion on another thread and on Joe's blog, but it's been an ongoing subject for some time now so I don't see why we shouldn't discuss it.

With all due respect Jasmina, I think this is the appropriate thread for us to air our views on things PTB related
                        There were specific fans mentioned, not by name but as a group (everyone who don't like TPBT's decisions and actions). And if they ever talk about the members of this thread somewhere else they would also be reprimanded. Whether this is thread to discuss PTB was never under dispute. The point is leave other fans out of it.

Personally, I don't believe that an SG1 movie wood bring in a huge profit.
                        Maybe not, but from what the numbers are saying SGU doesn't look very promising either. Anyway, it's up to MGM.
                        sigpic

Comment

I was worried when we heard that too, and honestly I do think it was a monster task for them to take on. They're only little, after all *huggles them*

And they do have other irons in the fire
                          Very very true

What she said
                          Thank you

But you're still my servant. *grins*

*looks at her pretty stars*

You know...in a way I don't mind being paid for playing on GW
                          If only you could actually get paid FOR being on GW. What a dream job. High in the clouds kind of dream job, too
                          sigpic
                          Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Congrats Wendy!!! WooHoo!!

As for Sanctuary, I think a renewal is a renewal. If SyFy wanted to cancel the show they wood have done it without giving it any kind of renewal at all. Like we were saying before about other shows, there are many PTB and many factors that go into making a show and getting it on the air and we don't know the details. I think it's probably a little bit of what everyone is saying. 20 eps was a lot to create and maybe MAD and company needed/wanted to cut back. Financing is/was/and always will be an issue since they don't have a studio backing them. My personal opinion is that unless S4 ratings totally tank we will see a S5.

Lets not forget that when Sanctuary was renewed for 20 eps it was with the hopes of pairing it with SGU which also got 20 eps. We saw how that plan turned out so maybe they are just going back to what works.
                            sigpic

Comment

If only you could actually get paid FOR being on GW. What a dream job. High in the clouds kind of dream job, too
                              I try and I try...

Now putting some pictures up and decorating my little cube...

I should have brought a book with me what my boss' assistent suggested

And you can't blame me for not trying...I've e-mailed my boss, his assistent, my contact person and another person who possibly could have something to do for me, to ask if I could do something, but no reply or nothing to do from all of them...so...I'm here...getting paid!
                              sigpic

Comment

I think that may well have happened when he was watching the ep being filmed

I'd love to hear your Martin speeches

Lee and Joel got heartily sick of mine
                                They usually begin with "What do you mean you don't know who Martin Wood is?!" and then I proceed to tell them...in great detail.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X