Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jumble View Post
    You're working Christmas Day? Aw Drive carefully

Back in 19hundredandfrozetodeath, I used to play cards with my Granddad - 21's, Chinese patience, Rummy, Cheat.......... it was all brought back to me the other day when Rachel (9) was here and we were playing Top Trumps (Simpsons' Horror Edition). Great fun!
    Yeah. I always volunteer. I'm the only Jewish midwife in my group, so it seems only fair. In exchange I always get a week off around New Year's.

We played chantifico(?) It was fun. Srsly, I can't imagine bantering with my parents the way Andi and her brother do. Totally blew my mind.

On a sad note, I came home tonight to the realization that I'm probably going to have to put Hindu down this week. During the last few days his decline has rapidly devolved and I am at the point where I think it's just unfair to keep him alive. I've been preparing myself for this since the vet told me a couple of months ago that he was developing kidney failure, and I knew that as soon as I had to start giving him subQ fluids that it wouldn't be long. But being faced with what he looked like today, and having to make this decision is hard. I mean, I know he's a cat and not a person, but I didn't expect to be quite so devastated. *shrug* At least I know Andi will be home tomorrow and will keep an eye on him.
    sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Sorry about your cat. I had to put my Molly down in September so I know what you are going through. Got any customers tonight, delivering a Christmas babies?
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by trupi View Post
        Sorry about your cat. I had to put my Molly down in September so I know what you are going through. Got any customers tonight, delivering a Christmas babies?
        Thanks. I didn't expect to be so sad about it, and I haven't even done it yet!

I'm home tonight, but will be at the hospital from 8a-8p tomorrow catching babies and taking care of mamas.
        sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Unless for a small Christmas miracle...I won't be able to post coherently tomorrow(first Christmas in 5 years and all) so...

Merry Christmas

to everyone that celebrates it!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
            Thanks. I didn't expect to be so sad about it, and I haven't even done it yet!

I'm home tonight, but will be at the hospital from 8a-8p tomorrow catching babies and taking care of mamas.
            *hugs for the cat* I hope he makes it through to at least the end of the year

Good luck tomorrow! Hopefully it won't be too busy(I don't think a lot of people want a Christmas baby though )
            sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Happy Christmas everyone!!!

I'm having a lovely Christmas so far - yesterday was lots of fun, our traditional Christmas Eve. We decorated the big tree at mum & dad's (they always leave it until we're all home to do it), and then I made mince pies (as I do every year), and we listened to the Nine Lessons & Carols on the radio with a glass of Baileys But this year we had the added fun of having baby James around, who is utterly UTTERLY adorable now, so good natured and smiley and interested in everything. *iz a totally besotted auntie* Now the Christmas lunch is cooking and mum & dad are walking the dog and soon everyone will be here again for presents and food. I love Christmas

*huggles drunken/hungover Woohoos*
                MoB, sorry to hear about your cat, that's always so sad *extra special huggles for you*
                sigpic
                Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Yeah. I always volunteer. I'm the only Jewish midwife in my group, so it seems only fair. In exchange I always get a week off around New Year's.
                  Sounds like a fair exchange to me

We played chantifico(?) It was fun. Srsly, I can't imagine bantering with my parents the way Andi and her brother do. Totally blew my mind.
                  I have no idea what that is

On a sad note, I came home tonight to the realization that I'm probably going to have to put Hindu down this week. During the last few days his decline has rapidly devolved and I am at the point where I think it's just unfair to keep him alive. I've been preparing myself for this since the vet told me a couple of months ago that he was developing kidney failure, and I knew that as soon as I had to start giving him subQ fluids that it wouldn't be long. But being faced with what he looked like today, and having to make this decision is hard. I mean, I know he's a cat and not a person, but I didn't expect to be quite so devastated. *shrug* At least I know Andi will be home tomorrow and will keep an eye on him.
                  But he's your friend, someone you love, and that's a very painful decision to have to make I was heartbroken when I had to have Lickrish, my rabbit, put down, and I still miss him Take comfort in the fact that you've given him a good life and in the end are doing what is best for him *squishy huggles*

Comment

*waves to Josiane*

Ah yes, the good old tradition of decorating the tree on Christmas Eve! When I was a child we always did that We had a set of bell lights which never worked first time and we'd lay them on the floor and fiddle with all the bulbs until they all lit up at once And Dad wood open a bottle of beer and share it between me and my brothers! I hated the taste, but drank it anyway A rare happy memory from my childhood, one I treasure

I'm sure James will have a wonderful first Christmas! Give him WooHoo hugs, if you can squeeze them in in between all those doting Auntie hugs

LOVE your Advent Jasmina

Which reminds me.............

I bet you'll all have that stuck in your head all day..............

Edit: Darn! It didn't hiccup like then until I uploaded it to YT
                    Last edited by Jumble; 28 December 2010, 08:31 AM. Reason: Removed the hiccup!

Comment

Comment

Happy 6th Day of
                        Martinmas
                        !!!

Love the advent, Jasmina! A worthy last one.

And speaking of those... Still loving the vid, jumble. WooHoos rock.

Great Sekrit Santa pressies too.

Originally posted by Leo1 View Post
                        Hello everyone!After lurking for almost two years I finally decided to join the madness,so that's one less mysterious guest you all need to worry about.I have to go again since it's 1:30 pm here in South Africa and I should be working.Oh,and one last thing :MARTIN WOOD IS AWESOME!!(but not as awesome as Amanda Tapping)."See" you all later.bye.
                        Welcome to WooHoodStock!
                        I hope you'll have fun

BTW: TWO years?! Wow.

Originally posted by Devilish Me View Post
                        Cause we love you

And don't forget Nad since she helped out with my pressie *giggles*
                        ...If you want to call that ''helping''...

(((MoB)))
                        Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                        Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Awesome vid Jumble! on getting Jingle bells stuck in your head!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post
                            Awesome vid Jumble! on getting Jingle bells stuck in your head!
                            Thanks

Yes, it was very painful

Comment

Merry Christmas to all!!!!
                              sigpic
                              My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Hello Woohoos

Last five minutes of Christmas, so CHRISTMAS HUGGLES FOR ALL!!! (nekkid except for Santa hat )

My Christmas was lovely, apart from lunch being....err...cut short by my grandfather having a stroke...he's ok now, but it was a bit scary... ... at least my nan is so far gone that she didn't notice...she would have been upset

But a lovely day otherwise. Good food, good family, good carols (my brothers are both singers too, so our carols are always festive and flavoursome )

Love to you all! Goodwill and all that jazz
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X