Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
    1. *blushes* Thanks Laurie!

2. Have they figured out what's wrong with your eyes? You have me very worried.
    I have some kind of infection according to the "doctor's assistant" - never saw a real doctor. She told me to rinse them out several times a day. No prescription, nothing. Now you can't find a doctor unless it is the emergency ward...no way will I pay that much. So now I have to wait until next week to see someone unless it goes away....which it doesn't seem to want to do. I've had this a few times before but never so bad. Drives me up the wall. My eyes were so swollen before. Now the undereyes make me look like I'm about 95 years old - red, very wrinkled and a little swollen. The eyes themselves are as red any more. So I think it might be healing (a little) - whatever it is doing I have lost patience with it so it better get well or I will find a doctor on Monday (hopefully )!

Originally posted by Jumble
    I'm sorry that your eyes are worse, but tbh I'm glad to hear that you're not taking that trip for Christmas. You stay home and take care of yourself, enjoy a bit of peace while you heal and get fit and healthy for your visit here And let's all of us fervently hope that the weather won't futz up the airlines for AT5
    First of all, after reading your menu choices, I had to wipe the drool from my face just in time to turn jealous. Anyone want to share a TV dinner with me.

And snow, ice, nuclear waste....I don't care what, I'll be there in February! Well maybe not the waste part! I've been looking forward to it.

As for my Christmas trip - I think it will take until next Xmas until my S-i-L forgives me! But so be it. I just can't take the idea of getting onto a plane. I think my face (especially my eyes) would swell up and my breathing would cease. Neither sounds very good to me.

So, like the little kid with the piece of coal for Xmas, I will sit in my corner and get

BROCCOLIED!

Hey you didn't expect me to sit home an mope did you?

Anyone got the munchies:

YUM:

And a very merry holiday for all :
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post
      I know, but I couldn't resist
      Reminds me of something I said about you earlier: EVIL!

And now I'm wondering if I should open that bottle of wine............ I really shouldn't, and yet I appear to have a corkscrew in my hand
      Open it if you want, if it is the only bottle...wait for tomorrow or another day (but I don't think that is the case )

What I should be doing is making something for Dan's birthday tomorrow.....
      Perhaps...I got the fantastic(insert sarcastic voice there) idea this morning to make a calendar of WPs for myself for next year. So far I already made 8 wallpapers today*faints*, but I'm ordering myself not to upload ANYTHING till I finish all twelve...which is interesting since it's a very random thing...
      sigpic

Comment

*huggles Char*

So glad you're having a lovely birthday . And as a huuuuge fan of Kill Bill myself I couldn't agree with you more RE Uma Thurman.

Although, I have to say it's more the cinematography and direction that I thunk. What a surprise

Just been studying the menu for Friday night and can’t decide what to have….

Menu…..

Spoiler:
        <snip>

Help!!!!
        Boo! Stop tempting me with Andersons menus...

Roll on February!!

Speaking of which, we need to Skype and discuss .

Originally posted by Devilish Me View Post
        Sarai! Enjoyyyyyyy your two weeks
        Thanks Dee, I will !

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
          I have some kind of infection according to the "doctor's assistant" - never saw a real doctor. She told me to rinse them out several times a day. No prescription, nothing. Now you can't find a doctor unless it is the emergency ward...no way will I pay that much. So now I have to wait until next week to see someone unless it goes away....which it doesn't seem to want to do. I've had this a few times before but never so bad. Drives me up the wall. My eyes were so swollen before. Now the undereyes make me look like I'm about 95 years old - red, very wrinkled and a little swollen. The eyes themselves are as red any more. So I think it might be healing (a little) - whatever it is doing I have lost patience with it so it better get well or I will find a doctor on Monday (hopefully )!

First of all, after reading your menu choices, I had to wipe the drool from my face just in time to turn jealous. Anyone want to share a TV dinner with me.
          AW, now you're making me feel guilty

Still, there's always next Christmas

And snow, ice, nuclear waste....I don't care what, I'll be there in February! Well maybe not the waste part! I've been looking forward to it.
          Me too! I'm hoping we're getting the bad weather early and won't get any more in the New Year

As for my Christmas trip - I think it will take until next Xmas until my S-i-L forgives me! But so be it. I just can't take the idea of getting onto a plane. I think my face (especially my eyes) would swell up and my breathing would cease. Neither sounds very good to me.
          If she cares so little for your comfort and health, it really shouldn't matter if she 'forgives' you or not

So, like the little kid with the piece of coal for Xmas, I will sit in my corner and get

BROCCOLIED!

Hey you didn't expect me to sit home an mope did you?

Anyone got the munchies:
          <lazy snip>

And a very merry holiday for all : http://i981.photobucket.com/albums/a...as/bearhug.gif
          I have the munchies...........

No, I don't expect you to sit home and mope! You can enjoy your freedom And we'll be here if you want company

Originally posted by starlover View Post
          Reminds me of something I said about you earlier: EVIL!
          *polishes halo*

Open it if you want, if it is the only bottle...wait for tomorrow or another day (but I don't think that is the case )
          I opened it

Which is probably why I now have the munchies

Perhaps...I got the fantastic(insert sarcastic voice there) idea this morning to make a calendar of WPs for myself for next year. So far I already made 8 wallpapers today*faints*, but I'm ordering myself not to upload ANYTHING till I finish all twelve...which is interesting since it's a very random thing...
          Oh nice idea! And only 4 more to go ...... just make one of them for Dan and you'll make Sarai happy

Comment

Originally posted by Sarai View Post
            *huggles Char*

So glad you're having a lovely birthday . And as a huuuuge fan of Kill Bill myself I couldn't agree with you more RE Uma Thurman.

Although, I have to say it's more the cinematography and direction that I thunk. What a surprise

Boo! Stop tempting me with Andersons menus...

Roll on February!!

Speaking of which, we need to Skype and discuss .
            We do? Yes, we do!

Comment

Hmmmmm! Have I had breakfast yet? Maybe that is why I have the munchies before I even had any broccoli!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Inspector_C View Post
                Dear Midwife On Board, Jumble, Josiane, Dutch Indeed, Starlover and Sarai:

Thank you so much for your Birthday Greetings, it means a lot to me that all of you took the time to write all of that. Bree indeed got me my gift that I wanted "Happy Feet" to wash your feet in the shower. Next year I want my gift to be this - I want to be Uma Thurman in "Kill Bill". This year in Disneyworld since I am such a nut I was walking slowly foot in front of foot and telling Bree "I am Uma in Kill Bill, I am walking with purpose" LOL, I am crazy, if Bree has not told you, about 12 years old actually in my mind. I am listening to Pink and thinking fondly of all of you ladies. Happy Holidays to all of you. You all deserve it. Oh, and thank you all for the green greetings, Bree tried to explain it to me, I don't understand it but I know if means a lot so thank you. Warm Wishes Char; and if I missed anyone by name I am sorry, I am not a computer genius.
                Char! *grabs and squishy huggles*

Glad you decided to drop in on this special day

The best way to get yourself accustomed to how things work around GW is to come visit OFTEN!

And I doubt there's anyone here that is much more than 12 years old in their heads, so you're in good company

Comment

*hugs WooHoos*
                  MoB, loved the FF!
                  *waves at Char*

Let's face it Nad, we're just an AWESOME duo!

Although I must admit that sometimes I look at your lyrics and think "What the........ heck does she expect me to do with that??!"....... but then I usually find that something pops into my head to fit

Edit: @ confused Tesla......... all that broccoli
                  We so are. We're like...
                  Like... Um... Beaty and the B... No, um... Lady and the Tr...
                  *blinks*
                  ...Hootie and the Blowfish?

And my lyrics are always perfectly clear. In my head.

And I doubt there's anyone here that is much more than 12 years old in their heads, so you're in good company
                  I'm perfectly mature.
                  In my head.
                  Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                  Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Just been studying the menu for Friday night and can’t decide what to have….

Menu…..

Spoiler:
                    Starters

Curried Parsnip Soup topped with bacon snippets and served with warm crusty bread

Smooth Cicken Liver Pate topped with spiced port jelly and served with crusty bread

Grilled Green Lip Mussels with a Stilton rarebit tomato relish and char-grilled bread

Smoked Salmon Cornets filled with prawns and Marie Rose Sauce, laced with brandy and served with lemon and brown bread

Filo Pastry Tart, filled with glazed goats’ cheese, sun blush tomatoes and pine nuts, served on mixed salad leaves

Mains

Roast Turkey, apricot and sage stuffing, pigs in blankets, spiced orange and cranberry sauce, roast potatoes and vegetables

Pork Wellington: Port fillet wrapped in Serrano ham, wild mushrooms and filo pastry, served with a cream marsala sauce and served with vegetables and potatoes.

Filleted gilt Head Bream, with prawn and sun blush tomato soufflé served with vegetables and potatoes.

Roast Rump of Lamb, served on crushed new potatoes with spring onions and honey mustard jus with vegetables and potatoes

Roasted Red Peppers, filled with char-grilled Mediterranean vegetables and topped with a Brie herb crust

Desserts

Traditional Christmas Pudding with brandy butter

Home made Toffee meringues filled with fresh cream

Crème Brulee

Chocolate and Grand Marnier Tart, served with a raspberry couli

Cheese and Biscuits

2 Courses with coffee and Mince Pies - £22.95

3 Courses with coffee and Mince Pies - £26.95

Help!!!!
                    *drools*
                    *drools some more*
                    *and a bit more*

Andersons YUM!

If it was me, I'd have the soup, turkey or lamb, and definitely the chocolate & grand marnier tart

*drools more*

Say hello to Stuart for us when you go

*waves and huggles Char* Always fab to see you, and you are more than welcome for the birthday greetings Hope you're having a fabulous day!
                    sigpic
                    Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble
                      Twelve
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
                        *hugs WooHoos*
                        MoB, loved the FF!
                        *waves at Char*

We so are. We're like...
                        Like... Um... Beaty and the B... No, um... Lady and the Tr...
                        *blinks*
                        ...Hootie and the Blowfish?

And my lyrics are always perfectly clear. In my head.
                        Yes, that's the problem

I'm perfectly mature.
                        In my head.
                        You can't be perfect and mature, the two things are totally incompatible!

This from one who knows

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
                          *drools*
                          *drools some more*
                          *and a bit more*

Andersons YUM!

If it was me, I'd have the soup, turkey or lamb, and definitely the chocolate & grand marnier tart
                          Not keen on soup, but then I've never tried Stuart's........ now you've got me undecided again I don't really like turkey, so still torn between the lamb and the pork......... definitely going for the chocolate and grand marnier tart

*drools more*

Say hello to Stuart for us when you go
                          I will

My 4 year old went there for her birthday tea the other day and thoroughly enjoyed it Her mum was very impressed by how lovely the staff were to them and that Stuart put a candle in Annie's dessert

Originally posted by llp View Post
                          Twelve
                          Oh sorry, in your case - TEN!!!!

Comment

Jumble: Salmon, pork, chocolate.

Of course, you could always pop over to Joe's blog and see if he wants to weigh in.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis
                              Just wanted to say Happy birthday Char! but Grrr... I do have to dislike you somewhat for getting between me and Dan!
                              *sigh*

*eyes all Woohoos between her and Dan suspiciously*

Also, huggles for you sickly baby. Hope everything's ok at the V.E.T.'s. Mine are booked in for fixing early in January, we didn't think the "effects" would come on so early but the whole of last week Jinxy was making that yowl noise 24 hours a day .

Comment

Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
                                Jumble: Salmon, pork, chocolate.
                                I'm definitely leaning that way

Of course, you could always pop over to Joe's blog and see if he wants to weigh in.
                                Isn't he still on his flight home?

Originally posted by Cagranosalis
                                Evening all.

I've had another full on hectic day again today... plus a very poorly moggie who I spent all night awake worrying about because she was out and she never goes out much and certainly not in the snow. I am going to have to take her to the vets tomorrow, poor baby.
                                And I haven't even wrapped a single present yet, much less bought them all. Tomorrow is not looking any less hectic either.
                                *huggles Cags and hopes puss is ok*

Just wanted to say Happy birthday Char! but Grrr... I do have to dislike you somewhat for getting between me and Dan!

*huggles to all woohoos wot need 'em*
                                Ah yes, should have warned Char about getting between a WooHoo and a PTB...............

Comment

Working...
                                X