*huggles Nad*
    sigpic
    Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Thanks josi!

Originally posted by jumble View Post
      As long as you didn't think it sucked, I'm happy
      TeeHee! Not at all.
      Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
      Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Hey Nad *Loads of big squishy HUGS* and without reason!

Hello all. I still look pretty raunchie but I do feel better. Need to get to the PO to send a package (no not and Xmas one) and to the bank. That's about all for today. It is so beautiful and sunny out and so warm 50*/9* I am going to enjoy it a little because it is suppose to get rainy and cold again starting tomorrow.

Not doing much of anything, but that's about all the energy I have.... and thank you for all the well wishes from everyone.

Oh and tonight is SANCTUARY nite and I can't wait even if it is a mid season break!
        Last edited by llp; 17 December 2010, 01:35 PM. Reason: Because I had too!
        sigpic

Comment

*waves*

I srsly need to sage smudgestick my work karma. Agh. Rough. Day. Now, I'm not a crier. Ever. Well, except in movies. And sometimes when I'm reading books. But srsly, I don't stress or sad cry very often, and certainly never in public. But I was fighting back tears today begging a mama to consent to c-section. She finally agreed to go at around 3pm. And this was a patient who came to our hospital with essentially no prenatal care. And she belonged to the docs, not me, but they were in resident school in the morning, and it's a long story how she ended up with me, but OMG. Blarg.

On the flip: boobie squishage was way less bad (don't I speak English good?) than I anticipated. I even got to see the digital films, which was super-cool. The tech thinks they may call me back for a sono because the tissue is rather dense which makes it harder to read, but they looked pretty good otherwise, to me.

Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post
          Honestly, I'm just grateful they didn't say 'does Helen have to be a woman'? Cause you know... For a sci-fi show to be successful the lead has to be a young strong all-American boy that will kill bad guys, save the world, brake lady's hearts, but still be the sensitive guy you wanna take home to meet the folks. (It's like a guideline that 95% of the sci-fi shows follow )
          Which is why suits should not be allowed to stick their noses in the creative decisions.

End of Sanctuary S3 casting
          Spoiler:
          There will be wrestlers from 'Smackdown' in the season finale. Gee, I wonder who's idea that was?
          On the upside of S3 casting:
          Spoiler:
          Polly Walker this week! Polly + Amanda on one screen? I hope my tv doesn't explode from the hawt.

Glad to hear you're home safe

Speaking of Sekrit Santa............. don't forget to pm me your Martinmas ones when they're done. I'm hoping to get them all delivered sometime next week
          I'm going to try to get mine in before the 25th. Gonna try really hard.
          sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

*hugs Laurie and MoB*
            Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
            Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
              Hey Nad *Loads of big squishy HUGS* and without reason!

Hello all. I still look pretty raunchie but I do feel better. Need to get to the PO to send a package (no not and Xmas one) and to the bank. That's about all for today. It is so beautiful and sunny out and so warm 50*/9* I am going to enjoy it a little because it is suppose to get rainy and cold again starting tomorrow.

Not doing much of anything, but that's about all the energy I have.... and thank you for all the well wishes from everyone.

Oh and tonight is SANCTUARY nite and I can't wait even if it is a mid season break!
              Sanctuaryyyyyyyyyyyyyy! It's moments like this when I wish I lived somewhere where I get to see the shows I like on TV!!!!!!!!!! Or that at least my country isn't banned from seeing stuff on SciFi site, or any other site... even YT gets me blocked. Well, it's not YT, but the companies that make the products. Oy.

Glad you're feeling better Laurie!!!!

*huggles Nad and MoB*
              sigpic
              Big thanks to josi for avi and sig

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
                Well, ratings and cost aside, given the way they have just treated SGU I'm not so much panicking as slightly worried. SyFy don't seem to know their ar..ahem bum from their elbows. To paraphrase what APA said on Seahen's FB, SGU may not have had great live audience figures but if you have a tech savvy audience (which...durr...sci fi shows tend to) they're not going to be restricted to watching live, and will find ways to watch those shows in their own time in their own way. I believe the download and +7 figures for SGU were very strong so the audience, en masse, was probably equally as good as some of the early SG-1s. I think TV companies/networks etc. are very short sighted these days. If it's not an instant hit, then it gets canned. They aren't moving with the technology either. Look what happened to the music industry a few years ago? Because they failed to adapt to the growing needs of the tech savvy audience - and to provide a service for a gap in the market - they have ended up on their knees and almost a dead industry (unless you're a complete megastar of Madonna like proportions anyway). They are only just now starting to capitalise on the advances made and use them to their advantage but, sadly, this has proven far too late for far too many excellent musicians who, again, make a modest but decent profit for their labels but because they aren't megastars, end up getting dropped and struggling even more. Thus we, the buying public, are deprived on any real choice. We end up being force fed the same generic pop pap over and over which barely anyone likes of buys but which gets to the number one spot because you barely need to sell 10,000 copies to get there these days

Dear SyFY... and TV companies in general. Please don't make the same mistakes.

Amen!

I think it's about time networks, etc, realised the best way forward is to embrace these changes. They can't stop them, and it's pointless trying.

*needs to catch up on the rest of the thread but wanted to amen you for that*
                sigpic
                Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Oh, almost forgot... Congrats on 23000 Jumble!!!
                  sigpic
                  Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Evening WooHoo's

Still sick. *sigh*

Congratulations Josi on 10,000 posts!
                    Congratulations Jumble on 23,000 posts!

*huggles Laurie, Nad, MoB and everyone else who needs one*

back to bed or Inspector_C will have my head on a platter Actually, she just handed me a pumpkin cookie.

Night!
                    sigpic

Comment

*runs in*

*hugs all*

*falls down* Busy day once again. Ain't it weird that I have a real life!

Congrats on 23,000 posts Jumble

EDIT: Question is it my other Advent day tomorrow? I don't know for sure and need to know
                      Last edited by starlover; 17 December 2010, 05:42 PM.
                      sigpic

Comment

*weaves into thread*

Just got back from an NYC midwives PR committee meeting. Got a lot done, but I also drank a tidbit more than normal, so I'm a leeeeetle bit tipsy. Delicious Lebanese food and wine. *sigh* So good. Sanctuary is on now, but I'm totally going to have rewatch in the morning. It does look super amazing in high def on my giant screen tv and through wine-goggles, tho.

"Directed by Martin Wood!"

Gonna try to stay up till midnight to post for Shipmas.

Oh, and since the midwives (and husband of a midwife) on the committee were super-psyched about the S4K benefit I'm producing, I'm now charged with producing BOLD (Birth on Labor Day) -- kind of like the Vagina Monologues about birth. They want a big venue too. Should be cool

Off to watch Sanctuary.
                        sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Yes Jann, Day 18 is you

Comment

Hey Jumble, are you up already.

I just got through watching Sanctuary - watched it a second time because....

Spoiler:
                            Are you really sure?
                            Spoiler:

I couldn't believe how they ended this story....OMG!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
                              Hey Jumble, are you up already.

I just got through watching Sanctuary - watched it a second time because....

Spoiler:
                              Are you really sure?
                              Spoiler:

I couldn't believe how they ended this story....OMG!

Yes, I've been up for a while. A bad dream woke me and I couldn't get back to sleep

Comment

Yes Jann, Day 18 is you
                                Ok; it won't be a problem if I post it later in the evening right?(my evening)

I will try to finish it tomorrow morning, but I have no clue how late I'm going to leave in here and I know we won't be back till late in the evening.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X