Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
    Srsly, y'all http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x...gh5_smilie.gif

Normal sort of anxiety dreams like finding yourself about to walk on stage in a play and having no idea what play you are in or what part you are playing. Or going on a trip and realizing you are 6 hours late for your flight. Or going on a big trip and forgetting your clothes. Not that I am anxious about anything right now, which is why they were so weird.
    Hm. Sure you're not more anxious about the possible move to Vancouver than you're admitting to yourself?

LOL. Yes, these things were discussed quite a bit in the ep thread.
    I really should take a look at the ep discussions

Is this a bad word?
    Nope, it's not

It's all about being innocent looking.

Looks like y'all had a great time today. I had a really fabulous day of sisterly bonding. Now, ready for bed. *yawn*
    WoodNight *hugs*

Comment

Good Morning/Evening Bekki

Comment

WOW my uni lecturers are busy this morning. I had an email from the course leader saying some lectures are cancelled, check blackboard for updates. Then one of my course tutors emails saying my lecture was cancelled. And then the course leader emailed again (like 30 mins after her original email) saying EVERYTHING was cancelled today, she'll send updates for tomorrow. Go snow

Now I'm extra glad I'm still in Nottingham in my nice warm bed next to this nice warm radiator having Wendy times

Comment

*hugs Cags* I hope you got some sleep.

Originally posted by jumble View Post

So while I'm asleep you're discussing boobs and penis...ses, yet you're still blaming me for it??? How does that work exactly?
          I'm sure it has something to do with influence...

Just got back from the doctors. Apparently I can take 7 days off by myself, and she doesn't see that it will be longer than that. I don't know. She had one of those "mean bedside manners" you hear about.
          sigpic
          Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Urgh, my GP is a bit like that Wendy. f you don't feel right after 7 days then you make sure you go back and take more time off. Take no prisoners!

I did get 4 hours in the end... woohoo! That's actually quite good for me right now.
            I was mean to Benjabubs this morning though; little brilliantlittlesoanso. He didnt want to go to school. Long weekend, busy and exciting and a couple of late nights. Now I'm suffering. I will give him extra special huggles when I pick him up and let him have a really unhealthy lunch to make up for it.

*huggles* MOB for anxious dreams. I'm with Jumble on that. Dreams often convey meanings to help us with sometimes hidden feeings / fears / anxieties that we don't even know we're fretting about.
            I dreamt about Charles for the first time the other night. Something about swimming? Huh? o-k-a-y.
            sigpic

Comment

1. Hm. Sure you're not more anxious about the possible move to Vancouver than you're admitting to yourself?

2. I really should take a look at the ep discussions
              1. Hmm. That's probably a possibility since it is not altogether certain, and I really want it. And the application is due in January. Fortunately 3 hours in the car on unfamiliar roads yesterday was sufficient to knock me out by 10pm. I slept deeply and, apparently, dreamlessly.

2. Yes, you should. Your voice would certainly add quite a bit to the discussion, I reckon.

Originally posted by thesecretcylon View Post
              WOW my uni lecturers are busy this morning. I had an email from the course leader saying some lectures are cancelled, check blackboard for updates. Then one of my course tutors emails saying my lecture was cancelled. And then the course leader emailed again (like 30 mins after her original email) saying EVERYTHING was cancelled today, she'll send updates for tomorrow. Go snow

Now I'm extra glad I'm still in Nottingham in my nice warm bed next to this nice warm radiator having Wendy times
              YAY for extra snuggly sleeps!

Maybe it's cause and effect. Maybe when several of us are approaching a 69 post our thoughts turn to gutter?
              It's the Jumble influence.

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
              Urgh, my GP is a bit like that Wendy. f you don't feel right after 7 days then you make sure you go back and take more time off. Take no prisoners!

I did get 4 hours in the end... woohoo! That's actually quite good for me right now.
              I was mean to Benjabubs this morning though; little brilliantlittlesoanso. He didnt want to go to school. Long weekend, busy and exciting and a couple of late nights. Now I'm suffering. I will give him extra special huggles when I pick him up and let him have a really unhealthy lunch to make up for it.

*huggles* MOB for anxious dreams. I'm with Jumble on that. Dreams often convey meanings to help us with sometimes hidden feeings / fears / anxieties that we don't even know we're fretting about.
              I dreamt about Charles for the first time the other night. Something about swimming? Huh? o-k-a-y.
              *extra squishy huggles Cags*

1. I'm sure he won't even remember at the end of the day. He knows you love him.

2. You two are right, of course. I don't tend to give dreams the attention they deserve. I've always thought it would be interesting to start a dream journal, but I can't generally be bothered to turn on the light and write stuff down when I wake up in the middle of the night.
              sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Seconded!

I think I got about four hours, but sadly only in little half-hour bits Sunday night does seem to be a no-sleeper for me lately.

Don't worry, it's all a learning curve for him and it doesn't hurt for him to know that Mummy isn't always in the best of moods or is tired and grumpy. That's life

Could that be the dolphin influence? Or maybe all that gutter water washing around the thread last night make for water dreams

1. Hmm. That's probably a possibility since it is not altogether certain, and I really want it. And the application is due in January. Fortunately 3 hours in the car on unfamiliar roads yesterday was sufficient to knock me out by 10pm. I slept deeply and, apparently, dreamlessly.
                There you go It's something you often mention here, and usually with a touch of anxiety, which is why I thought it might be what's causing the dreams

2. Yes, you should. Your voice would certainly add quite a bit to the discussion, I reckon.
                You think? I'm not sure my voice wood be welcomed anywhere else

YAY for extra snuggly sleeps!

It's the Jumble influence.
                Nonsense!

*extra squishy huggles Cags*

1. I'm sure he won't even remember at the end of the day. He knows you love him.
                That's right. The right foundations have been laid, he's a very secure little boy

2. You two are right, of course. I don't tend to give dreams the attention they deserve. I've always thought it would be interesting to start a dream journal, but I can't generally be bothered to turn on the light and write stuff down when I wake up in the middle of the night.
                You can't write in the dark? I can. Can't always make head or tail of it in the morning, but I can usually pick out enough to remind me what the dream was about

Notepad has been totally blank lately, so either I'm not dreaming or I'm just not remembering

Comment

*hugs Cags*
                  *hugs WooHoos*
                  *note to self: Never read back *

I love the cold weather
                  Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                  Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

1. There you go It's something you often mention here, and usually with a touch of anxiety, which is why I thought it might be what's causing the dreams

2. You think? I'm not sure my voice wood be welcomed anywhere else

3. You can't write in the dark? I can. Can't always make head or tail of it in the morning, but I can usually pick out enough to remind me what the dream was about

Notepad has been totally blank lately, so either I'm not dreaming or I'm just not remembering
                    1. I bow to your greater wisdom. I like to think of myself as in touch with my inner-self, but sometimes it takes an outsider to smack you upside the head and make you go, "oh!"

2. Definitely. I can't wait to hear what you think of Breach.

3. TBH, I've never tried.

And it turns out you can overheat in 31 degree weather. I wore one too many layers during my run today, and I couldn't peel off the top layer without totally stopping because I had gotten myself into it too securely. I should have stopped and peeled out. Oh well.

*huggles woohoos* Time to get unsweaty and start the day. xo
                    sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Maybe it's cause and effect. Maybe when several of us are approaching a 69 post our thoughts turn to gutter?
                      Probably...or it helped with keeping everyone in the gutter

Hey, you can't blame me for whom or what I attract. I was just born with interesting genes..........
                      That's for sure....probably you gave my mom those genes and she passed them on to me Granny

So while I'm asleep you're discussing boobs and penis...ses, yet you're still blaming me for it??? How does that work exactly?
                      Yep, I didn't started it.

*huggles Cags* Good to hear that you still got some sleep in the end, even though it wasn't a lot.

And I love dreaming, am planning on doing it again after this post

*huggles all Woohoos*
                      sigpic

Comment

I think I got about four hours, but sadly only in little half-hour bits Sunday night does seem to be a no-sleeper for me lately.

*huggles*

Don't worry, it's all a learning curve for him and it doesn't hurt for him to know that Mummy isn't always in the best of moods or is tired and grumpy. That's life
                        He's fairly used to me being grumpy! The PMT doesn't help.

Could that be the dolphin influence? Or maybe all that gutter water washing around the thread last night make for water dreams
                        Hmm, maybe. We were walking along a beach. he said to me "make sure you teach Ben to swim". Charles loved swimming... well, splashing about in water anyway. Ben had a real water fear when we were in Greece (our one and only holiday as a threesome) so didn't get in much which meant one of us was usually sitting by the pool with him. Since I was brakfast/lunch/dinner on tap at that point it was usually me. We did try teaching him to swim/enjoy water the last couple of years in the garden though but not quite taught him to actually swim. I guess I'm just reminding myself (through Dream!Charles) that I should keep that up next summer and, yes, I should still put the pool up even though it's a bloody faff to maintain and I'm not really the one who was really that bothered and would have been just as happy with a little paddling pool. Or I should just go somewhere hot and with a beach. Whatever.

That's right. The right foundations have been laid, he's a very secure little boy

Oh he is but, goodness haven't I just had The most awful tantrum off of him just now. All over a flipping crumpet. He had two for lunch, didn't eat one - was sat there an hour so I chucked it... cue massive tantrum because two minutes after I binned it he decided he wanted it. I could just do two more but I don't have any left. Cue meltdown of epic proportions. All because he's tired. What a stupid thing to get upset over but... urgh that wound me up and got me all upset and we've just sat here winding each other up really. We did make up and had a cuddle though and I have reminded him that, although I am a grumpy old mare sometimes - and although he's horrible to me when he's screaming his nuts off - I do still utterly adore him from his squishy little cheeks to his hideously long toenails.

But he's having an early night tonight!

Not sure not remembering dreams is such a bad thing?

Does anyone have the advent list handy? I can't remember what days I am supposed to be doing.
                        sigpic

Comment

1. I bow to your greater wisdom. I like to think of myself as in touch with my inner-self, but sometimes it takes an outsider to smack you upside the head and make you go, "oh!"
                          Comes with age..... and experience

2. Definitely. I can't wait to hear what you think of Breach.
                          I can't wait to SEE it!!!

3. TBH, I've never tried.

And it turns out you can overheat in 31 degree weather. I wore one too many layers during my run today, and I couldn't peel off the top layer without totally stopping because I had gotten myself into it too securely. I should have stopped and peeled out. Oh well.

*huggles woohoos* Time to get unsweaty and start the day. xo
                          It's surprising how much the body heats up with exercise, especially when over-insulated

Originally posted by starlover View Post
                          Probably...or it helped with keeping everyone in the gutter

for sure....probably you gave my mom those genes and she passed them on to me Granny

Yep, I didn't started it.
                          That's a bit unfair I started a perfectly reasonable discussion regarding the HAP!Henry's appearance and then I get blamed for it turning into gutter

I refused to be held responsible for your genes Missy!

*huggles Cags* Good to hear that you still got some sleep in the end, even though it wasn't a lot.

And I love dreaming, am planning on doing it again after this post

*huggles all Woohoos*
                          Sweet Dreams

*huggles*

He's fairly used to me being grumpy! The PMT doesn't help.

Hmm, maybe. We were walking along a beach. he said to me "make sure you teach Ben to swim". Charles loved swimming... well, splashing about in water anyway. Ben had a real water fear when we were in Greece (our one and only holiday as a threesome) so didn't get in much which meant one of us was usually sitting by the pool with him. Since I was brakfast/lunch/dinner on tap at that point it was usually me. We did try teaching him to swim/enjoy water the last couple of years in the garden though but not quite taught him to actually swim. I guess I'm just reminding myself (through Dream!Charles) that I should keep that up next summer and, yes, I should still put the pool up even though it's a bloody faff to maintain and I'm not really the one who was really that bothered and would have been just as happy with a little paddling pool. Or I should just go somewhere hot and with a beach. Whatever.
                          Maybe you should sign him up for lessons and see how that goes. He's used to doing what his teacher tells him, so you may find that he'll learn to swim easier and quicker with a professional instructor

Oh he is but, goodness haven't I just had The most awful tantrum off of him just now. All over a flipping crumpet. He had two for lunch, didn't eat one - was sat there an hour so I chucked it... cue massive tantrum because two minutes after I binned it he decided he wanted it. I could just do two more but I don't have any left. Cue meltdown of epic proportions. All because he's tired. What a stupid thing to get upset over but... urgh that wound me up and got me all upset and we've just sat here winding each other up really. We did make up and had a cuddle though and I have reminded him that, although I am a grumpy old mare sometimes - and although he's horrible to me when he's screaming his nuts off - I do still utterly adore him from his squishy little cheeks to his hideously long toenails.

But he's having an early night tonight!
                          Tantrums are always about something trivial, because really that's not what it's about at all, it's just an excuse. He was probably just waiting for you to throw the crumpet away so that he could go off on one Maybe he was paying you back for being off with him this morning, or maybe he just felt the need to scream and yell and blame you. I'm sure you can recognise that feeling

Or maybe he felt he needed to give you a reason to 'make-up' and tell him how much you love him. Not that you don't, but sometimes the male of the species feels the need to go all around the houses to get what he really wants

Not sure not remembering dreams is such a bad thing?

Does anyone have the advent list handy? I can't remember what days I am supposed to be doing.
                          You've got 14 and 19

And I guess it depends on the dreams

Comment

*huggles MOB* Errr...You did have your shower after your run, right? Hope you sleep better tonight too; but if not, one of my ladies at work was telling me that whenever she can't sleep she thinks about swimming underwater with the fishes, then dozes off into a really peaceful sleep I just read S/J fic till I fall asleep

*squishy huggles Cags* Kids will tantrum over the most insignificant things, usually because they're tired and/or unsettled. It's the hardest thing to keep your cool when the little one is screaming at you (lots of times I fail utterly ) but you did exactly the right thing and cuddle at the end of all the drama. It could happen a lot over the coming weeks, so whenever you need huggles to help you through, you know where to come to get them

Naomi hated swimming when she was little. Absolutely detested it! Always loved baths, but paddling pools & swimming pools - even the sea, were a complete no go. We just took it easy with her, if she didn't want to go in we wouldn't push any further than sitting on the steps with her clinging like a limpet Eventually, she got more confidence, and now loves it as much as the others.

Benjabubs will get there, just keep giving him plenty of access to the pool like you did this year and he'll be fine. Eventually he'll love swimming as much as Charles did, I'm sure And like Jumble said, in time, swimming lessons could be just the ticket
                            sigpic

Comment

This is how I feel this morning...

Everything is going wrong, and I'm just...mad! ARGH!
                              sigpic

Comment

*hides from LJ*

*nervously exhibits Joe pics*

Comment

Working...
                                X