No announcement yet.

The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good Morning and Happy Thanksgiving to all the American-Style Woohoos out there.

I'm spending my holiday at the hospital. Hopefully it won't be too bad. It's usually pretty festive over there and Hatzollah will bring us a nice big Turkey dinner around lunch time.

LJ- that dog is priceless!

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
    No that made perfect sense to me, tired or not. I think the thing with Daniel is that he was very much integral to the team from the off. If anyone was the "outsider" there is was Sam (Jack and Daniel were on the original mission, Teal'c was a Jaffa - they all had off world/stargate real experience while Sam was just the "tech guy") but they integrated her into the whole thing really well by having her working on the project from before the Abydos mission, and later by her being taken as a host and left with Jolinar's legacy (and further on her dad becoming a Tok'ra). I think with Will, he's been recruited to the Sanctuary but the reasons he was have kind of been forgotten in the writing, so to speak. Initially he had this amazing observational thing going on, which was his "thing" so to speak. There was also some question about his parent's death. I honestly thought they were going to do somewhere with that - maybe not make him an abnormal but something important to the Sanctuary network in general - but they haven't (yet). I just think we need to see more of Will's background and more use of his unique skills so we can appreciate how and where he sits in the sanctuary family better.
    This, I can get on board with.

Originally posted by Bekki View Post
    PUPPY!!! *huggles*

I had a fun trip to the naturopath today

boring and poobags health related goobers
    Spoiler:
    Apparently I've been poisoned by the HPV vaccination It adversely affects some people and seeminly im one of those lucky few It's caused auto-immune disease symptoms in my body: coeliacs and reumatoid arthritis, chronic fatigure, depression thyroid poo, terrible circulation and loss of feeling in my limbs...you know...those random symptoms that don't really go together to make any one illness So anyway...HPV vaccination! Check it out before you get it...if any of you are going to get it

Anywoo...
    +
    lots of anti-inflammatories, detox kind of vitamins...just stuff that will get it out of my system quicker...apparently it's a 6-10 month process...le sigh...

*huggles Wendy*
    =

Health stuff:

Sorry, I don't buy it. I'm big into natural remedies, herbs and the like, but I find that naturopaths have a very strong anti-vaccine bias and tend to blame all of the world's woes on vaccine reactions. I've given the HPV vaccine to hundreds of girls and women and taken it myself and not had anyone complain of a single adverse reaction related to the vaccine other than a sore arm. Serious 'adverse events' from this particular vaccine tend to be coincidental and not related to it directly.

From the CDC regarding HPV Vaccine:
    Spoiler:

Source
    Non-serious adverse event reports
    VAERS defines non-serious adverse events as those other than hospitalization, death, permanent disability, and life threatening illness.

The vast majority (92%) of the adverse events reports following Gardasil vaccination have included fainting, pain, and swelling at the injection site (the arm), headache, nausea, and fever. Fainting is common after injections and vaccinations, especially in adolescents. Falls after fainting may sometimes cause serious injuries, such as head injuries, which can be prevented by closely observing the vaccinated person for 15 minutes after vaccination.

Serious adverse event reports
    VAERS defines serious adverse events as adverse events that involve hospitalization, permanent disability, life-threatening illness, and death. As with all VAERS reports, serious events may or may not have been caused by the vaccine.

All serious reports (8%) for Gardasil have been carefully analyzed by medical experts. Experts have not found a common medical pattern to the reports of serious adverse events reported for Gardasil that would suggest that they were caused by the vaccine. The following is a summary of selected serious adverse event reports that were submitted to VAERS between June 8, 2006 and September 30, 2010.

Guillain-Barré Syndrome (GBS)

Guillain-Barré Syndrome (GBS) has been reported after vaccination with Gardasil. GBS is a rare disorder that causes muscle weakness. It occurs in 1-2 out of every 100,000 people in their teens. A number of infections can cause GBS. There has been no indication that Gardasil increases the rate of GBS in girls and women above the rate expected in the general population, whether or not they were vaccinated.

Blood Clots

There have been some reports of blood clots after receiving Gardasil. These clots have occurred in the heart, lungs, and legs. Most of these people had a risk of getting blood clots, such as taking oral contraceptives (the birth control pill), smoking, obesity, and other risk factors.

Deaths

As of September 30, 2010, there have been 56 U.S. reports of death among females who have received Gardasil. Thirty of these reports have been confirmed and 26 remain unconfirmed due to no identifiable patient information in the report such as a name and contact information to confirm the report. Confirmed reports are those that scientists have followed up on and have verified the claim. In the 30 reports confirmed, there was no unusual pattern or clustering to the deaths that would suggest that they were caused by the vaccine.

More information is available at:

Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP): Summary Report [PDF - 2.37 MB]
    October 22-23, 2008
    Atlanta, Georgia

Summary of HPV Adverse Event Reports Published in JAMA

Reports of adverse events after getting a vaccine can be submitted to VAERS by fax at 1-877-721-0366, online, or by mail to Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System, P.O. Box 1100, Rockville, MD 20849-1100.
    sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving!!!(to the American Woohoos/lurkers)

Just got woken up by a toddler(who loved the fact to wake me up ) getting dressed and then of for another four hour car trip!

*huggles Bekki*
      sigpic

Comment

Ooooooh Jann!!! HUGE post number coming up

And saying that, I nearly missed this one

Comment

ahhh, thanks MoB!! that's the kind of info I've been looking for! I was skeptical myself, which is why I'm going to the doc on Wednesday!

I'm not sure whether I'm hoping the naturopath is wrong or right...
          sigpic

Comment

Let's hope that naturopath is wrong Bekki

So, following on from the recent discussions about RD/Will, I found this interview on Urban Rush rather interesting. He seems different to me, much more natural, even down to his tone of voice. Maybe he was just too tired to put on an act?

No spoilers

Hm.
            Last edited by Jumble; 25 November 2010, 05:45 AM.

Comment

ahhh, thanks MoB!! that's the kind of info I've been looking for! I was skeptical myself, which is why I'm going to the doc on Wednesday!

I'm not sure whether I'm hoping the naturopath is wrong or right...
              I hope so too! The HPV vaccine is one of the most benign ones out there. I do hope you find out what is wrong soon.

*huggles*
              sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
                The shelter has posted a pic of the pup I want to get.

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/a...k/10-D2744.jpg

See how pretty?
                Aww! So cute!

*huggles Bekki* Hope you feel better soon *squishy huggles*
                sigpic
                Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

*squishy hugs Bekki* I hope they figure out what's up!
                  sigpic

Comment

*bounces in squishy huggling Bekki*

DAY OFF TOMORROW !!!

Only 20 more minutes to go...can you tell I'm clock watching

Comment

Ryan and Chris on Urban Rush - minor spoilers for Sanctuary and Twilight.

Comment

Thank you for posting the interview, Jumble.
                        I found it really interesting and it was refreshing. It's nice to see the natural side to people when they're all relaxed.
                        sigpic
                        Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Originally posted by m_wendy_r View Post
                          Thank you for posting the interview, Jumble.
                          I found it really interesting and it was refreshing. It's nice to see the natural side to people when they're all relaxed.
                          Chris and Ryan are exactly like that

Can't wait for Druitt to come back, not sure if he can still scare me

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post
                            Chris and Ryan are exactly like that

Can't wait for Druitt to come back, not sure if he can still scare me
                            I love it!

I can't wait either. I'm pretty sure he'll still scare me... Eeeeee! I'm also pretty sure you'll still be a wee bit EEK at him, too.
                            sigpic
                            Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Earlier today I caught up with a friend that I haven't seen since early July, so I had to force myself to relive SE minute by minute for her benefit

She was looking through the pics (which I just happened to have in my bag ), and the conversation went like this......

Kate: Wow! He's a real cutie isn't he?
                              Me: He's a really nice guy, and an awesome Director
                              Kate: Gosh! He's got a very kissable mouth! Did you get to kiss him?
                              Me: No. He showed me pics of his children and I got to talk to his wife!
                              Kate: OMG! He has gorgeous hands! Lovely neat nails.
                              Me: Yes, we love how he uses his hands when he's talking and when he's directing...
                              Kate: what gorgeous green eyes!
                              Me: *headdesk*
                              Last edited by Jumble; 25 November 2010, 08:30 AM. Reason: Spellllllllling!

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post
                                Earlier today I caught up with a friend that I haven't seen since early July, so I had to force myself to relive SE minute by minute for her benfit

She was looking through the pics (which I just happened to have in my bag ), and the conversation went like this......

Kate: Wow! He's a real cutie isn't he?
                                Me: He's a really nice guy, and an awesome Director
                                Kate: Gosh! He's got a very kissable mouth! Did you get to kiss him?
                                Me: No. He showed me pics of his children and I got to talk to his wife!
                                Kate: OMG! He has gorgeous hands! Lovely neat nails.
                                Me: Yes, we love how he uses his hands when he's talking and when he's directing...
                                Kate: what gorgeous green eyes!
                                Me: *headdesk*

Forced? You mean a sliiiightest of gentle pokes, right?
                                sigpic
                                Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Working...
                                X