• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can have one of mine Jos

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
      Hey! I missed out on the Woohoo advent calendar

Anyone want to give up one or two of their days so I can make some too? Pretty please?
      *bats eyelashes*
      Aww, Josi, you can have one of mine

*hugs* You make sure you rest it properly, otherwise it won't heal and you'll suffer for years.
      I spoke to my manager and she wants me to let her know what the doctor says. She also said something about making sure I don't put any weight on it and using a crutch or something. I know she'd be not quick to whinge about it so I called her just so I didn't throw it on her on Monday.

*hugs*

It's elevated at the moment.
      sigpic
      Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Hey! I missed out on the Woohoo advent calendar

Anyone want to give up one or two of their days so I can make some too? Pretty please?
        *bats eyelashes*
        You can have my 4th

That's what we get Although I might have to work the 2nd, and don't know yet whether we'll get to close on the 29th. But officially there's two four day weekends in a row next April for the UK
        I could find myself with two x two day weeks if I can work it right

Awesome! Go Baby Boy!
        You do realise that when James takes his first steps you have to get him to immediately do it again for the camera, upload it to YT and get it on here asap?

Originally posted by Sarai View Post
        You can have one of mine Jos
        Can you let me know which days are changed? You know what I'm like with my lists and filing things

Comment

Thanks girls

Originally posted by jumble View Post
          You do realise that when James takes his first steps you have to get him to immediately do it again for the camera, upload it to YT and get it on here asap?
          Yep

Can you let me know which days are changed? You know what I'm like with my lists and filing things
          And me too, so I know which days I'm doing...
          sigpic
          Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Well Jos you decide which one you want to take and then re-post a final list? Is that ok?

Off to bed for an early night with an ep of Bones . *huggles Woohoos*

EDIT: For all the UKers hope you aren't too affected by snow when you wake up tomorrow .

Comment

OK, I've taken three, but if Sarai or Wendy want one of theirs back I'll re-relinquish, because I think you've both only got one each now.

Days
              1 - Jumble
              2 - Bekki
              3 - Nad
              4 - Josi
              5 - LJ
              6 - Nad
              7 - Jasmina
              8 - Jumble
              9 - Sarai
              10 - Wendy
              11 -Jann
              12 - Josi
              13 - LJ
              14 - Cags
              15 - Jumble
              16 - Nad
              17 - Bekki
              18 -Jann
              19 - Cags
              20 - LJ
              21 - Josi
              22 - Jumble
              23 - LJ
              24 - Nad
              25 - Jasmina

Size 680x450px, max 100kb
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sarai View Post
                Well Jos you decide which one you want to take and then re-post a final list? Is that ok?

Off to bed for an early night with an ep of Bones . *huggles Woohoos*

EDIT: For all the UKers hope you aren't too affected by snow when you wake up tomorrow .
                What?? We're expecting snow???

I hope it doesn't start before I get home.......... which will probably be around 2am

Comment

I really hope the snow isn't too bad. I don't think it will be thick snow... right?

Edit: Josi it's good for me
                  sigpic
                  Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

What?? We're expecting snow???

I hope it doesn't start before I get home.......... which will probably be around 2am
                    I don't think we're due to get much down here. Just seen on the news there's loads up north already though
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by m_wendy_r View Post
                      I really hope the snow isn't too bad. I don't think it will be thick snow... right?

Edit: Josi it's good for me
                      I don't think we're due to get much down here. Just seen on the news there's loads up north already though
                      From what I can see, the South should be ok until Saturday. Northern England and Scotland are expecting 2-5cm tonight and possibly up to 10cm on high ground.

Not boding well for the rest of the winter if it's starting this early

Comment

Yeah I think it's going to be worse up here and more in high ground but after last year you can't be too careful .

Ok really going to bed now

Comment

From what I can see, the South should be ok until Saturday. Northern England and Scotland are expecting 2-5cm tonight and possibly up to 10cm on high ground.

Not boding well for the rest of the winter if it's starting this early
                          Just make sure I can get to your place in Feb....wouldn't want to spend my holiday at an airport!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
                            Just make sure I can get to your place in Feb....wouldn't want to spend my holiday at an airport!
                            Better cross your fingers and hope you don't need your skis

Comment

Better cross your fingers and hope you don't need your skis

UhOh! I gave up skiing about 10 years ago. Still have the polls....
                              sigpic

Comment

*waves*

I got into a bit of trouble at work today. The other mw and I didn't want to take walk-ins today because we thought we were going to get slammed since tomorrow is a holiday so the clinic closed. I got 'reported' for it. My boss comes over to have me type schedule revisions and says (Imagine thick Jamaican accent): YOU are causing trouble? How can that be? My favorite? I only wanted to be here for a few minutes and then I hear THIS. Don't you know that b**** is going to report you? Just smile and see the patients. If you have to stay late, that is where your incentive money comes from." And on and on... Ah well. At least she wasn't really mad. I have STORIES. When we meet in person, I can share a few. You will be alternately ROTFLOL and absolutely horrified.

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
                                *hugs*

For some guys, 35 isn't exactly 35...
                                Tell me about it.

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
                                Actually I do hate the way he always calls Helen "Magnus". I mean Dr Magnus, sure, or just Helen but it's not the military and they're very much a little Sanctuary family by all accounts. Calling people by just their last name seems harsh and too formal. And maybe that's the crux of one of the (writing) issues with Will? It's particularly jarring because every time he says it it's normally kind of harsh and berating in tone. I dunno, do you get where I'm coming from? He just needs to soften up a little and smile more.
                                Definitely an interesting POV. Don't think that is what it is for me, but I can certainly see where you are coming from.

Bank Job

1. I also sometimes feel that Will considers himself to be a bit 'cleverer' than some of the others..... I detect a slightly 'superior' attitude sometimes, which I don't like in anyone and which none of the others have 2. (well, except for Tesla, but he does it in such a way that it doesn't offend me). Maybe he needs to stand out a bit, being the only normal character........... I don't know

Got me seriously needing to figure it out now
                                1. YeS YES!!! I think that is a huge part of it.

2. Except that Tesla's got the goods to back it up.

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post

See I think that supports the point it's at least partly in the writing, why Will ends up so unlikeable sometimes. I think Will is kind of the rational, normal one and sometimes he's the Voice Of Reason, or the one who asks all the "what about" or "What if" questions to provoke dialogue from other characters that provides us with the much needed "ah, oh, that's ok then...", and thus allows us to continue our suspension of disbelief so they can go off and do utterly daft things. If that makes sense.
                                I can see this point too. I sometimes found voice-of-reason-Daniel a little annoying on SG, BUT, I ALWAYS bought him as equal to the tasks presented both physically and intellectually. I don't always get that with Will. In fact, his character is supposed to be brilliant, yet rarely seems to have that light that would indicate that. Does that make any sense. I dunno. I'm very tired.

Originally posted by m_wendy_r View Post
                                1. Yes, Will should call Helen 'Helen'. I agree wholeheartedly there.

2. I just got back from the NHS walk-in centre. Pulled the tendon in my ankle... when I was sitting at Jumble's kitchen table... She called it a "sports injury" For future reference, warm up properly before you watch any SG-1 (or any Stargate actually). I've got to rest it for 6 weeks (as best I can) and take anti-inflammatory medicine.
                                I'm glad I went today because I'm too stubborn... I would've just carried on forcing it to do stuff.

Edit: Yay Baby-boy!
                                1. I don't agree with that. I don't see him as her equal enough, but that's just me.

2 Oh no! Feel better!

Originally posted by llp View Post
                                Sorry to "disagree", but in a "man" thing. They call people only by their last name. I worked at a place where hardly anyone knew I had a first name. You just get use to it! if you have to! It is a way of being "personal" but not too personal. Hard to explain, but the women all called me by my first name as did the boss. But people I worked with, hardly ever. I think it also was a way of depersonalizing the fact that I was a "lady" doing a "man's" job. Some of them never could get past that. To me, it was just a job where I could get twice as much salary than if I took the "woman's" type of job in a similar field....but that is a story for another day!
                                This is interesting! And after reading the responses, must be a very North American thing. A lot of the (younger) men I work with call me "Shark" though I partially think it's just because they think my last name is cool. One of the residents always says that if he weren't already married, he'd marry me just so he could take my last name, lol. But Hmmm... maybe not only a man thing. Some of the older Carribbean nurses call me Shark too. Meh. Forget I said anything.

*pours more wine*
                                sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Working...
                                X