Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
    *nods*

And OK... I have the feeling this is getting me into trouble, what how wood we see 'a big head' in any other way that 'a big head'?
    It's a tool reference Nad

Now that one I could, potentially see in another light, but I won't. Because I'm the cute one.
    Pfft!

Hey yeah! You've got a point there. It really is a bit jarring. To me, it's something about the attitude I'm not fond of and maybe that's it? *shrugs*
    Hm. Could be part of it I guess, but not the whole thing for me at least

And I also believe that random suits us. It wood represent this thread rather nicely

Edit:

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post
      It's a tool reference Nad

Pfft!
      And with 'tool' you mean...

EDIT: Oooh! I get the ''Big head'' now! I feel so stupid.
      Ickybah.

Hm. Could be part of it I guess, but not the whole thing for me at least

Yeah. Meh.
      Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
      Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

And with 'tool' you mean...

EDIT: Oooh! I get the ''Big head'' now! I feel so stupid.
        Ickybah.
        *iz so tempted to say 'Lucky you!'*

No need to feel stupid! My sense of ickybah humour can be quite obscure

Yeah. Meh.
        Darn it, now I'm going to have to rewatch some eps and try to figure out exactly what it is

Comment

*iz so tempted to say 'Lucky you!'*

No need to feel stupid! My sense of ickybah humour can been quite obscure
          *headdesk*

And yeah, but it's actually pretty obvious, knowing you.
          I should have known to look for it down there.

*blinks*

That came out wrong.

Darn it, now I'm going to have to rewatch some eps and try to figure out exactly what it is
          To me, Trail of Blood was the most obvious.
          Spoiler:
          The way he went on and on about Tesla to Helen, who in reality knows him much better than Will does. And the way he was sitting on his high horse...

But at that time, I figured it was my love for Niko that made me feel that way

And poor you!
          I'll do the same. Just to support you.
          Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic

Comment

*headdesk*

And yeah, but it's actually pretty obvious, knowing you.
            I should have known to look for it down there.

*blinks*

That came out wrong.

To me, Trail of Blood was the most obvious.
            Spoiler:
            The way he went on and on about Tesla to Helen, who in reality knows him much better than Will does. And the way he was sitting on his high horse...

But at that time, I figured it was my love for Niko that made me feel that way
            You might be onto something there....

Spoiler:
            I found myself warming towards Will in K3 and Firewall. I started to care about what was happening to him and I thought RD did a really good job in that ep.

Wasn't keen on Bank Job for various reasons........ but yes, ToB did see Will back to his previous self. It's sometimes hard to differentiate between 'I don't like this character' and 'I don't like how this character is behaving towards my favourite character' because it brings out your protective nature I guess

A bit like me throwing a protective shield around Maj Wood everytime you try to ship him

And poor you!
            I'll do the same. Just to support you.
            Your selfless support is much appreciated, Sis

Comment

What am I doing for my Advent calendar days? Joe, of course! I maaaay use one day for SGU, but...yeah...mostly Joe. I already have a pic picked out for "Joy." *smooches Joe*
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
                What am I doing for my Advent calendar days? Joe, of course! I maaaay use one day for SGU, but...yeah...mostly Joe. I already have a pic picked out for "Joy." *smooches Joe*
                *looks at LJ's sig*

What, no Louis?

Comment

*looks at LJ's sig*

What, no Louis?

Mm. I may do a Louis, but combined w/ Joe...since Joe writes the character that made me like Louis. I dunno. I'll see who what the muse wants to do when I get Gimp open.

EDIT: Wooooo...a nice, dark, grungy Tesla wood be fun...
                  sigpic

Comment

You might be onto something there....

Spoiler:
                    I found myself warming towards Will in K3 and Firewall. I started to care about what was happening to him and I thought RD did a really good job in that ep.

Wasn't keen on Bank Job for various reasons........ but yes, ToB did see Will back to his previous self. It's sometimes hard to differentiate between 'I don't like this character' and 'I don't like how this character is behaving towards my favourite character' because it brings out your protective nature I guess
                    Me too.

Bank job/ToB:
                    Spoiler:
                    In bank job, I thought it was still fine. In that ep, all the characters except for Henry were 'off' becausew of the situation they were in. And I still thought Will was fine.
                    In ToB (I rewatched some scenes) it really was obvious for me. Not only did he 'disrespect' my favorite character (which, in all honesty I can somewhat understand), but he also disregarded Helen's views. I'm fine with him questioning what he's doing, but it's the way in which that happens that bothers me.

But yes. Protective shield. It's there as well.

A bit like me throwing a protective shield around Maj Wood everytime you try to ship him

Your selfless support is much appreciated, Sis
                    You do? I never noticed?

And for you I'll do those things.
                    I'll just go and start with... Animus. Yeah. And to make sure it wasn't like this all along, I'll check earlier eps too. Like... Revelations pt 2. Maybe Sleepers too.

Just for you, of course.

sigpic

Comment

Hm. I never picked you for a Joe kind of gal.

Jumble has a Martin Protection Shield, LJ smooches Joe...
                      You learn something new every day!

sigpic

Comment

Hm. I never picked you for a Joe kind of gal.

Jumble has a Martin Protection Shield, LJ smooches Joe...
                        You learn something new every day!
                        Yeah, yeah...
                        sigpic

Comment

Mm. I may do a Louis, but combined w/ Joe...since Joe writes the character that made me like Louis. I dunno. I'll see who what the muse wants to do when I get Gimp open.

EDIT: Wooooo...a nice, dark, grungy Tesla wood be fun...
                          I'm sure Nad wood agree with that

Me too.

Bank job/ToB:
                          Spoiler:
                          In bank job, I thought it was still fine. In that ep, all the characters except for Henry were 'off' becausew of the situation they were in. And I still thought Will was fine.
                          In ToB (I rewatched some scenes) it really was obvious for me. Not only did he 'disrespect' my favorite character (which, in all honesty I can somewhat understand), but he also disregarded Helen's views. I'm fine with him questioning what he's doing, but it's the way in which that happens that bothers me.

Bank Job

Spoiler:
                          I think maybe part of why I didn't like it was that general 'offness' of all the characters, which sounds daft when you consider the situation they were in, but that's just me For me, Kate was back in her previous element and although she did a good job and was really to be expected to be the only one really comfortable with it, I guess I didn't like being reminded of what she used to be and to see her slip so easily back into that role

I also sometimes feel that Will considers himself to be a bit 'cleverer' than some of the others..... I detect a slightly 'superior' attitude sometimes, which I don't like in anyone and which none of the others have (well, except for Tesla, but he does it in such a way that it doesn't offend me). Maybe he needs to stand out a bit, being the only normal character........... I don't know

Got me seriously needing to figure it out now

You do? I never noticed?

And for you I'll do those things.
                          I'll just go and start with... Animus. Yeah. And to make sure it wasn't like this all along, I'll check earlier eps too. Like... Revelations pt 2. Maybe Sleepers too.

Just for you, of course.
                          See, now you're not taking me seriously

Comment

On the subject of SGU and whatever the last UK episode was... (sorry haven't made the remotest note of the episode names this season. )

Spoiler:
                            I did a little fistpump at Rush's actions here. I mean I did. That's what I would have done too. Good on you Rush, you, you... man with balls you.

Yes, despite him being a bit horrible and evil, I like him... welll maybe not like him but like how they've written a character that's as rich and complex that it invokes such strong feelings from me...and I ship Rush/Young...

*runz*

Me too.

Bank job/ToB:
                            Spoiler:

See I think that supports the point it's at least partly in the writing, why Will ends up so unlikeable sometimes. I think Will is kind of the rational, normal one and sometimes he's the Voice Of Reason, or the one who asks all the "what about" or "What if" questions to provoke dialogue from other characters that provides us with the much needed "ah, oh, that's ok then...", and thus allows us to continue our suspension of disbelief so they can go off and do utterly daft things. If that makes sense.

Quick... say something silly before GW breaks....

er... wibble wibble.
                            sigpic

Comment

SGU:

Spoiler:
                              Yes, it is nice to have such strong reactions to characters, imo. It means they're written and acted well! Rush and Young both keep me thinking all through the week about their motives, and trying to anticipate what they're going to do next. Both very flawed. Broken, almost. And I like that...cuz I feel kinda broken these days too.

Too serious?

Er...um...Louis is so darn hot with that ruffleme! hair.
                              sigpic

Comment

OH! I have something silly! Or at least not as serious as the current character discussions. So, the little Aussie Sheppard is finally available for adoption (they keep them for several days, hoping an owner will show up). They don't have a pic of her on the web site yet, but they've named her...(wait for it)...Laomi. ... Seriously? That is not a good dog name at all! It is pretty, but it is very hard to sound stern when you're saying it. Besides, my sister's name is Naomi...it would get too confusing...
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X