No announcement yet.

The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*runs in* I'm in the cinema about to watch Harry Potter!! So so excited!!

Glad you got home safely Wendy .

*runs out*

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
      You could come visit me. I have a spare room I can fix up.

It's been snowing all morning here, and is already nearly a foot deep in places. I got very brave and drove over to Safeway to get a few things, and remembered how to drive in snow and ice - very slowly - and did rather well. A few other people weren't faring so well, seeing as there were a couple of cars who got real friendly with curbs, and there were some emergency vehicles out.

I don't mind. I think it's beautiful. My cat wanted out awhile ago, so I tossed her into a little pile of snow, and she literally bounced right out of it onto a dry spot, which had me laughing loudly. She doesn't like getting wet. She did, however, seem to think it was fun to bat the snow around from her dry spot. She also didn't last long outside before she started demanding to be let back in. I'm sure she feels that dry and warm is better than snowy and cold and wet.
      A foot. Whoa, we have about 1 to 1 1/2 inches only. Must get a lot more rain as well, I would guess.

My one cat hates the snow. She puts her paw down and then lifts it and put it down on the snow again then lifts it. Then she looks at me like it's my fault. She then turns around and goes back inside. She's not going to have anything to do with that stuff!
      sigpic

Comment

*runs nekkid and hugs the WooHoos all in one breath*

Wow, Bekki's back, saw Amanda... Cool.
        Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
        Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Originally posted by Sarai View Post
          *runs in* I'm in the cinema about to watch Harry Potter!! So so excited!!
          Even though I'm not a huge Harry Potter fan, I am a wee bit envious at so many who are getting to go and see it.

Glad you got home safely Wendy .

*runs out*
          Thank you!
          sigpic
          Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
            A foot. Whoa, we have about 1 to 1 1/2 inches only. Must get a lot more rain as well, I would guess.

My one cat hates the snow. She puts her paw down and then lifts it and put it down on the snow again then lifts it. Then she looks at me like it's my fault. She then turns around and goes back inside. She's not going to have anything to do with that stuff!
            I took my yardstick out and measured the snow on the railings and it is about a foot. But the snow on the ground is 5-6". There's about a foot of soft powdery snow on top of the two hummingbird feeders I have, so they aren't going to get much unless I get out there and clean their feeders off.

We get a fair amount of rain here, but since Sequim is in what's called The Rain Shadow of the Olympic Mountains, we get way less than other rainy parts of the state. So, in the summer, it's dryer and warmer than other Washington places.

Comment

Originally posted by m_wendy_r View Post
              I suggest something more hi-tech. I think gravity might defeat you here if you don't What about something you could set up that has a delay on it, so it starts the "snow" as you get outside?
              Hmmm...that's a good idea. Perhaps I shold thnk of something. Or I should let my roommate throw it down once I am already outside and waiting.

Still...just in general Ithink people would think I'm insane!
              sigpic

Comment

No snow here! It's 66 degrees and sunny today. Too bad I spent most of it asleep. It was a long night. Looks like we get another warm, if rainy, day tomorrow before we start getting some more seasonal weather. Checked out my future home's weather last night. Brr.
                sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
                  Hmmm...that's a good idea. Perhaps I shold thnk of something. Or I should let my roommate throw it down once I am already outside and waiting.

Still...just in general Ithink people would think I'm insane!
                  Or, they will think, wow, that girl watched MacGyver!
                  sigpic
                  Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

*runs in*

69 post!

*runs out*
                    sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
                      No snow here! It's 66 degrees and sunny today. Too bad I spent most of it asleep. It was a long night. Looks like we get another warm, if rainy, day tomorrow before we start getting some more seasonal weather. Checked out my future home's weather last night. Brr.
                      Yes according to my weather report, Vancouver is at 27*F/-3*C and the Seattle area is 28*F/-2*F. I'm surprised we are keeping up with them. Tomorrow is suppose to be colder....winds coming down from the Artic.

That would be very nice to clear the path for the hummingbirds Hedwig. They are sweet little birds. Stopped snowing again. Seems to come in spurts which is fine for me. I can look across the lake and see a lot of white! It looks so quiet outside. Most of the cars have made it home so very little movement.

Not a Harry Potter fan, huh Wendy. I love that series. My mother loved it too. She was young at heart and always indulged my love of good SyFy. I think she loved it just as much as me. We use to watch Stargate together. She would definately go see it if she were still here. Sadly, I have to go by myself now. Not as much fun. I might just wait until it is out on DVD.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
                        Not a Harry Potter fan, huh Wendy. I love that series. My mother loved it too. She was young at heart and always indulged my love of good SyFy. I think she loved it just as much as me. We use to watch Stargate together. She would definately go see it if she were still here. Sadly, I have to go by myself now. Not as much fun. I might just wait until it is out on DVD.
                        I enjoy them, but I wouldn't say I'm a fan. I think the films are wonderful, with the exception of the last one, and I enjoy the rich magical world that you get to really dive into. But for some reason that's where it ends. I watch the films, and am going to see this one with my sister when we get chance to go.

Maybe when you get it on DVD, you could watch it with someone?
                        sigpic
                        Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Hmmm... getting hungry. A nice hot cup of soup sounds good right now. See you all later.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by m_wendy_r View Post
                            Or, they will think, wow, that girl watched MacGyver!
                            Don't think so...although there are some really crazy people in here...I'm quite sane in comparison!

Hedwig tell me where you live and I'll come and play in the snow! Do you have mountains too, so I can ski?
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
                              Don't think so...although there are some really crazy people in here...I'm quite sane in comparison!

Hedwig tell me where you live and I'll come and play in the snow! Do you have mountains too, so I can ski?
                              Sequim, Washington (Olympic Peninsula). And I'm sure there's skiing in the nearby Olympic Mountains and other nearby places.

The snow continues to fall (as it has all morning), and keeps piling up. Starting to remind me of what we got two winters back.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                                Sequim, Washington (Olympic Peninsula). And I'm sure there's skiing in the nearby Olympic Mountains and other nearby places.

The snow continues to fall (as it has all morning), and keeps piling up. Starting to remind me of what we got two winters back.
                                Hmmm...that's kinda far away! Like...on the other side of the US on top. Perhaps if I start hitchhiking now I'll be there in a month or so

But that's really cool! *pouts* I want snow! Send me some will ya
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X