sigpic

Comment

Mmmmm chocolate and huggles

*cuddles Val*
        sigpic
        Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Congratulations Bree! It's time to startadding to that avi collection

I don't know about it taking so long, I mean, I've been here almost 6 years and I've made 6000 posts You're batting average is waaaaaay above mine
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post
            I can't tell you what I was thinking........... I probably wasn't thinking

But it definitely woodn't have been that ^^^
            I can imagine what you were really thinking. Yes. Not much. You know how some things make our brains revert to base level.

Sadly, I can't wait. I have to go to bed despite knowing I'm not going to sleep
            *huggles* Did you sleep in the end?

I know Mondays are your busy day so I hope this one isn't too tough. At least there's sunshine and, although it's cold, maybe you can get out and about a bit with the littleies.

Originally posted by starlover View Post
            Nad that's so awesome that your mom let you do that! My mom was so happy that she finally got a girl that I was almost always dressed in dresses andhad to stay clean....something that didn't work out with two outdoorsy older brothers that built treehouses in which I wanted to climb(because I always wanted to keep up with them)

My mum was about the same. Three boys then us twins, one of which was a boy... I was forced to wear dresses too... not that it stopped me climbing trees, playing scalextix and making mud pies down the garden. You don't know how overjoyed I was to discover Benjabubs was blue flavoured - and yes, I'm one of those mums who tells him to go get dirty, mucky and grazed knees as much as is humanly possible.

Oh and here's me and my twinnie, just because people don't believe me when I say he's the opposite of me in terms of complexion/hair/eyes etc.

There's absolutely no excuse my mother can come up with for putting me in that shirt.

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
            My hands are absolutely shredded. Any favorite home remedies?
            Cute babies MOB

Are your hands shredded due to cat attack (in which case, put a sock over your hands before you let them "play") or just cracked/dry from weather and washing? If the latter, I used an Avon handcream on mine which works wonders: http://avonshop.co.uk/shop/product.a...0sos&pagenum=1

Failing that, lansinoh lanolin cream. It's actually for cracked nipples for breastfeeding mums but pure lanolin so very gentle and works wonders at healing those tiny skin splits.

Put either of them on at night and pop a pair of white cotton (manicure style) gloves over the top to sleep in. Beautiful soft hands come the morning.

Originally posted by Oma-1 View Post
            *Group Squishy Huggles*
            *smears everyone in melted chocolate*
            *runz away laughing*
            *licks chocolate off* Yum yum!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
              I can imagine what you were really thinking. Yes. Not much. You know how some things make our brains revert to base level.
              No, I wasn't thinking that either Tbh, it was so unexpected I just...... laughed

*huggles* Did you sleep in the end?

I know Mondays are your busy day so I hope this one isn't too tough. At least there's sunshine and, although it's cold, maybe you can get out and about a bit with the littleies.
              I did actually Fell asleep somewhere around the middle of the 200 commentary

This Monday isn't so busy, because my extra one has changed to Thursday just for this week So yes, we've been out this morning and enjoyed the crisp Autumn day

My mum was about the same. Three boys then us twins, one of which was a boy... I was forced to wear dresses too... not that it stopped me climbing trees, playing scalextix and making mud pies down the garden. You don't know how overjoyed I was to discover Benjabubs was blue flavoured - and yes, I'm one of those mums who tells him to go get dirty, mucky and grazed knees as much as is humanly possible.
              I think why I hate dresses is a lot to do with having been forced to wear really flouncy ones (usually blue or green, yuk!) regardless of the fact that I wanted to do the tomboy thing and trail around behind my brothers. I remember being made to wear a new dress (BIG butterfly collar with polkadots ) when I was sent to the local farm with middle bro to fetch some eggs and straw. So why then did I get severely walloped and locked in my room for two days when I came back with it dirty? I mean, did they really expect me not to copy bro when he decided to walk on the wrong side of the ditch, clinging on to the fragile branches of the hedge, which broke when I tried it and resulted in me being dumped in the muddy ditch?

How unreasonable!

Oh and here's me and my twinnie, just because people don't believe me when I say he's the opposite of me in terms of complexion/hair/eyes etc.

There's absolutely no excuse my mother can come up with for putting me in that shirt.
              Gosh! He hasn't changed much has he?

Oh, and the guy you introduced me to in that ........ er....... unusual way, is getting chatty on FB. Should I be worried?
              Last edited by Jumble; 15 November 2010, 04:53 AM.

Comment

Morning Woohoos!

It's my day off, but I have a gajillion things to do. So starting my day with some srs caffeine.

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
                My mum was about the same. Three boys then us twins, one of which was a boy... I was forced to wear dresses too... not that it stopped me climbing trees, playing scalextix and making mud pies down the garden. 1. You don't know how overjoyed I was to discover Benjabubs was blue flavoured - and yes, I'm one of those mums who tells him to go get dirty, mucky and grazed knees as much as is humanly possible.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y23...ds/Image69.jpg

2. There's absolutely no excuse my mother can come up with for putting me in that shirt.

3. Cute babies MOB

4. Are your hands shredded due to cat attack (in which case, put a sock over your hands before you let them "play") or just cracked/dry from weather and washing? If the latter, I used an Avon handcream on mine which works wonders: http://avonshop.co.uk/shop/product.a...0sos&pagenum=1

Failing that, lansinoh lanolin cream. It's actually for cracked nipples for breastfeeding mums but pure lanolin so very gentle and works wonders at healing those tiny skin splits.

Put either of them on at night and pop a pair of white cotton (manicure style) gloves over the top to sleep in. Beautiful soft hands come the morning.
                1. Haha. I always wonder what will happen if I end up having a boy. I have NO idea what to do with them. I'm such a girlie-girl and most of my friends are women or gay men. I am friends with some straight men, don't get me wrong. But they're, you know, over 30, not 3.

2. Just

3. Thanks. Though I can't really take any credit for their cuteness. I wish I could! They were actually 2 very beautiful births, but also challenging for other (social) reasons.

4. Thanks for the tips. Lansinoh is something I can get really easily and I think I have a pair of those gloves somewhere. I'll try them. My hands are shredded from being washed about 1,000 times yesterday.
                sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Morning WooHoo's

Thank you to everyone for the congrats.

Thank you Oma for the avi. How did you know I liked Amanda?

Points to new avi ^^^ birthday pressie from Jumble and I have only been waiting for almost 7 months to use it.

Big day today! In less than 1 hour Wine Spectator starts to roll out it's Top 100 list for 2010. For us it's a big deal. The rest of you can feel free to not give a dang.

But I will let you know if any of our wines made the list.

Have a sparkling day WooHoo's!

EDIT: Can't stop staring at my avi and just realized that it goes perfectly with my location.

EDIT: *squishy huggles Cags*
                  *huggles any WooHoo's in need*
                  sigpic

Comment

*walks through thread...pretending to be awake, but is actually sleepwalking*

*huggles woohoos*

Love the new aviBree

Jumble do tell about the unusual way Cags introduced you to someone...I'm once again curious!(still curious about that other thing that made you happy the other day)

*giggles at the stories of everyone misbehaving in a dress* ...reminds me of the fact that I always managed to fall and get gaps in the one or two pants I would have and that would never happen with the dresses.
                    Oh and my mom and dad insist on the fact that I refused to wear pants as a kid... and that's why I always wore dresses. Don't believe them one bit.

*goes further with sleeping*
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wine_buyer View Post
                      Morning WooHoo's

Thank you to everyone for the congrats.

Thank you Oma for the avi. How did you know I liked Amanda?

Points to new avi ^^^ birthday pressie from Jumble and I have only been waiting for almost 7 months to use it.
                      I did? Gosh, I can't remember that far back But it looks good

Big day today! In less than 1 hour Wine Spectator starts to roll out it's Top 100 list for 2010. For us it's a big deal. The rest of you can feel free to not give a dang.

But I will let you know if any of our wines made the list.
                      *crosses fingers* I hope you get a good result

Have a sparkling day WooHoo's!

EDIT: Can't stop staring at my avi and just realized that it goes perfectly with my location.

EDIT: *squishy huggles Cags*
                      *huggles any WooHoo's in need*
                      So it does

*walks through thread...pretending to be awake, but is actually sleepwalking*

*huggles woohoos*

Love the new aviBree

Jumble do tell about the unusual way Cags introduced you to someone...I'm once again curious!(still curious about that other thing that made you happy the other day)
                      Um....... I'm not sure I can say it here, nor if Cags wood want me to

*giggles at the stories of everyone misbehaving in a dress* ...reminds me of the fact that I always managed to fall and get gaps in the one or two pants I would have and that would never happen with the dresses.
                      Oh and my mom and dad insist on the fact that I refused to wear pants as a kid... and that's why I always wore dresses. Don't believe them one bit.

*goes further with sleeping*
                      I'm assuming when you say 'pants' you mean trousers......... right?

Comment

PM....you know me and my curiousity!

I'm assuming when you say 'pants' you mean trousers......... right?
                        Yes! *mutters something about the differences between certain countries language(English)*
                        sigpic

Comment

There was a time I wasn't allowed to wear pants (long story), so I later rebelled and wore only pants. Well, until I discovered long, flowy skirts in high school. I was a bit of a gypsy in my mid-to-late teens and 20s.

PS- Why is running so much harder in the morning? Or maybe I'm still tired from yesterday?
                          sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Jumble posted the special pic! Love it so much *huggles you and Martin*

CONGRATS ON 2000 BREE!!!

Gorgeous new avi
                            sigpic
                            Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
                              Jumble posted the special pic! Love it so much *huggles you and Martin*

CONGRATS ON 2000 BREE!!!

Gorgeous new avi
                              Yes........... I did didn't I? So much for keeping that one to myself

Do I have a naturally sharing nature, or am I just useless at keeping secrets?

Comment

*loves Bree's new avi*

Um, not sure I can even remember, tbh. The whole day is a bit of a blur, I was slightly merry and not really caring much about what anyone thought so could have said anything!

Hmm, was it Ewan? If so, oh go ahead. It's all old news.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X