No announcement yet.

The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aw, Cags, thanks for sharing the photos. And those legs! Vavavoooom! LOL.

:::sigh:::

I'm stuck folks. I am in the home stretch for the semester and I've run out of steam. More inside 'cause...well, 'cause.
    Spoiler:
    We have these two truly AWFUL instructors. Now you know they have to be bad if I, a fellow faculty member, say they're just...just...just...terrible. Thoughtless, unfocused, uncaring, the un's could go on. Anyway. For these two ridiculously bad doctoral professors I must complete three major assignments.

And I just can't get going!

On one of them, the 'get going' is problematic because they've not taught us a single thing. They've had in guest speakers (unrelated to our class) and led some...rather boring class discussions, again unrelated to the class. So now I'm facing the prospect of three 20+ page papers and... :::sigh::: On the other, I just don't care.

Really, every time I sit down to work, I just get *angry,* and that's not a good thing.

On the up side, my house has never been cleaner, piles of laundry are done, the dog is clean. So...anyway. Just sharing.

I know in the grand scheme of things my "trouble" is not, but I'm frustrated that I'm paying so much for a doctoral program with crap instructors. It's like having Umbrige and Snape as teachers (Harry Potter reference). Ugh.
    Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

*squishy huggles Pol. It's all relative. Nothing like a bit of procrastination to get the house spic and span...

*glances around abnormally clean house*

Yep, procrastination. But I did get one job finished tonight. YT probably won't let me upload though.

Once you start those essays they'll roll out no problem, you know they will. You just need to be strict wit yourself and start them.

I should also point out, my legs are not really like that. Well obviously they once were 20 years ago but not so much now. Actually can't remember the last time I shaved them now I think of it. Probably 4 or 5 weeks ago? That's marriage for you; when you're not trying to reel 'em in you don't need to tart yourself up.

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
      It's funny. The pages actually started to load not so fast and I do believe that it's the universe warning us. Or me, in this case
      No just you. I've been having endless problems with it for days. Well, that and the biscuit crumbs stuck under my H button.

And your hair. Hello 1980's awesome!

It was quite awesome, if I recall. But not as awesome as the spiral perm I had after that. Er...

BTW, just spoke to my brother, who used to be big on Sci Fi.

His question: ''Yeah. See... I never watch what you do on facebook, but something showed up on my wall about Sanctuary... What's that?
      Me: That's that TV show I'm watching? You know... about the um...
      Him: Is it like... moonlight?
      Me: Ugh
      Him: ...Yeah, with the vampires. It just lifts on the hype.
      Me: Well... There's a vampire. Only different. They make fun of the hype, but they're serious. There's a wherewolf...
      Him: *silence* Ah.
      Me: No, but it's really great!

Yeah. I had no clue how to describe Sanctuary.
      I had even more problems explaining Late Stargate and SGU
      A see that's what I love about Sanctuary; if refuses to be defined by conventional sci fi sub-genres.

Woodnight Woohoos.

*squishy huggles*
      sigpic

Comment

Evening All!

Originally posted by jumble View Post
        Good. It's important to develop the stiletto sway
        I made it through the night relatively gracefully. Though I have to say, putting on my Uggs to drive home was positively heavenly!

Oh for a magic lamp with a genie to grant us three wishes. First on the list wood be that an effective and painless cure for cancer be found
        Amen. Patricia has a similar type of cancer to what my mom had. Fortunately hers was caught early, incidentally, during gallbladder surgery. Mom's was found end-stage. Patricia is also now at Sloan Kettering which will get her the absolute best treatment available anywhere, so I am hopeful.

*tosses hand grenade into S/J thread and runs away*

Saw that. Agreed pretty much 100%.

And I have to admit that now that I'm not as ''Shippy Stubborn'' as I used to be, I do think that Jack did what he wanted to do. As much as I love the theatrical idea of ''meant to be romance'', I hardly see him pining away for Sam in that way. Jack, IMHO, isn't the One True Love kind of guy.
        +

But you're right LJ. It used to really tick me off when I got jumped on for airing my views on 100 Days, when the fact is that Jack and Sam were not together, they were not in love at that point, and there was absolutely no reason why Jack woodn't do what he did with Laira.. Between Jack and Sam there was a mutual attraction and respect, but nothing deeper. Why woodn't he have a dalliance with Laira while he was waiting to be rescued? And why woodn't she do her best to get from him the one thing that she wanted? Jeez, how many of us woodn't in those circumstances?
        = Yes yes yes. Thank you both.

Ok, yes, me, I woodn't. Not with Jack anyway
        I would! I would!

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
        OK, embarassing photo time. I've spent the best part of the last two days scanning in old pictures and came across some really... um... well, let's just say I like the legs and the skinny me but, not so much the hair.

This one's me and Charles taken in early 1989 when we were still just good friends and before we realised that we actually fancied the pants off each other (actually, this was the very day I first started to think "yeah, you're actually quite.. umm... yeah...stoppit, brain, he's a friend and your best mate's uncle and all... you can't fancy him!") Needless to say my heart (and other slightly lower organs ) overruled my head and the rest is 21 years of history:

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y23...es-1989jpg.jpg

This was me being a bus groupie - wearing Charles' work uniform... well some of it anyway! (same year, same awful hairstyle...aw I loved that poodle perm back then. )

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y23...1989-again.jpg

And finally, a couple from one of our first camping trips to Weymouth (there were many of those). I love the first picture because... well, look at my legs! Ok, stop before you get to the white stilettoes, ok, just concentrate on my awesome legs and rejoice in what a decent camera angle can do for a little shortarse like me.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y23...ds/me-1989.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y23...mping-1989.jpg
        Oh thanks for sharing! The ones that weren't blocked by photobucket () were wonderful.
        sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Morning Woohoos

Love the photos, Cags, again the two that weren't blocked I'm sure the others were awesome too, going by the comments

Originally posted by Pol View Post

I'm stuck folks. I am in the home stretch for the semester and I've run out of steam. More inside 'cause...well, 'cause.
          Spoiler:
          We have these two truly AWFUL instructors. Now you know they have to be bad if I, a fellow faculty member, say they're just...just...just...terrible. Thoughtless, unfocused, uncaring, the un's could go on. Anyway. For these two ridiculously bad doctoral professors I must complete three major assignments.

On one of them, the 'get going' is problematic because they've not taught us a single thing. They've had in guest speakers (unrelated to our class) and led some...rather boring class discussions, again unrelated to the class. So now I'm facing the prospect of three 20+ page papers and... :::sigh::: On the other, I just don't care.

Really, every time I sit down to work, I just get *angry,* and that's not a good thing.

On the up side, my house has never been cleaner, piles of laundry are done, the dog is clean. So...anyway. Just sharing.

I know in the grand scheme of things my "trouble" is not, but I'm frustrated that I'm paying so much for a doctoral program with crap instructors. It's like having Umbrige and Snape as teachers (Harry Potter reference). Ugh.
          *hugs* I know what you mean. Bad tutors can spoil everything. And on the HP references - one of my friends and I used to compare several of our tutors on our Masters course to HP characters. We had Snape and Lockhart and Ludo Bagman

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
          I made it through the night relatively gracefully. Though I have to say, putting on my Uggs to drive home was positively heavenly!
          Glad you survived () and hope you had fun!

Amen. Patricia has a similar type of cancer to what my mom had. Fortunately hers was caught early, incidentally, during gallbladder surgery. Mom's was found end-stage. Patricia is also now at Sloan Kettering which will get her the absolute best treatment available anywhere, so I am hopeful.
          I have every available digit crossed for her. At least, as you say, with it caught early she's got a good chance.
          sigpic
          Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

BTW, just spoke to my brother, who used to be big on Sci Fi.

His question: ''Yeah. See... I never watch what you do on facebook, but something showed up on my wall about Sanctuary... What's that?
            Me: That's that TV show I'm watching? You know... about the um...
            Him: Is it like... moonlight?
            Me: Ugh
            Him: ...Yeah, with the vampires. It just lifts on the hype.
            Me: Well... There's a vampire. Only different. They make fun of the hype, but they're serious. There's a wherewolf...
            Him: *silence* Ah.
            Me: No, but it's really great!

Yeah. I had no clue how to describe Sanctuary.
            I had even more problems explaining Late Stargate and SGU
            There is no better way to explain Sanctuary than to sit him down and force-feed him eps until he gets it

Bumped into a friend at the supermarket yesterday, who spent ten minutes bemoaning the fact that he can't watch Sanctuary because he doesn't have Watch I told him he could watch it online, but he said he'd rather wait for the dvds because watching it on the laptop doesn't do it justice. So true!

Originally posted by Pol View Post

Spoiler:

*hugs Pol* Is there nobody higher up that you can approach about this?

*squishy huggles Pol. It's all relative. Nothing like a bit of procrastination to get the house spic and span...

*glances around abnormally clean house*

Yep, procrastination. But I did get one job finished tonight. YT probably won't let me upload though.

Once you start those essays they'll roll out no problem, you know they will. You just need to be strict with yourself and start them.

I should also point out, my legs are not really like that. Well obviously they once were 20 years ago but not so much now. Actually can't remember the last time I shaved them now I think of it. Probably 4 or 5 weeks ago? That's marriage for you; when you're not trying to reel 'em in you don't need to tart yourself up.

No just you. I've been having endless problems with it for days. Well, that and the biscuit crumbs stuck under my H button.
            There have been problems because of the changover to the new server, but they should all be fixed now

It was quite awesome, if I recall. But not as awesome as the spiral perm I had after that. Er...
            It makes me laugh to look back on all the times I had my hair permed, because now it just curls up entirely on it's own

A see that's what I love about Sanctuary; if refuses to be defined by conventional sci fi sub-genres.

Woodnight Woohoos.

*squishy huggles*
            That's because there is nothing 'conventional' about it! Its one of a kind, unique in every way

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
            Evening All!

Glad to hear it. I tend to avoid anything higher than 3 inches, otherwise I'm in danger of falling over

*crosses fingers and sends healing vibes*

Saw that. Agreed pretty much 100%.
            Thanks

= Yes yes yes. Thank you both.

I would! I would!
            Ah well, poor guy needs some support, I guess

Oh thanks for sharing! The ones that weren't blocked by photobucket () were wonderful.
            PB didn't block them for me
            Last edited by Jumble; 07 November 2010, 01:55 AM.

Comment

PB didn't block them for me

*sigh* it seems to have blocked them at some point in the night for some bizarre reason. Seeing as they are of me, taken by my husband, with me fully dressed and above the age of consent anyway (even if I was nekkid which I'm not, not in those ones anyway and you're not seeing the nekkid ones ) I don't get it. Perhaps my awesome legs were just too much for the world to handle.

I guess I'll just contact PB and ask them.

*huggles MOB, and sends healing vibes to Patricia*
              sigpic

Comment

*sigh* it seems to have blocked them at some point in the night for some bizarre reason. Seeing as they are of me, taken by my husband, with me fully dressed and above the age of consent anyway (even if I was nekkid which I'm not, not in those ones anyway and you're not seeing the nekkid ones ) I don't get it. Perhaps my awesome legs were just too much for the world to handle.

Yep, they're blocked for me too now

I saw your vid on FB. Beautiful song, beautiful memories, beautiful man

Are you going to put a link on here? I think you should

Comment

Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
                  Oh brother. 100 days...Well, they weren't madly in love from the moment they met, fcol. I mean, there was chemistry, but we don't even see a more shippy turn to their relationship until season 4. Really. In fact, having 100 days followed directly by Shades of Gray shows TPTB pulling S/J apart at that time, only to have them come inevitably back together in season 4. If there wasn't that pattern of growing together and apart, then they'd end up like Young and JT and WHOOPS! So...yeah...from a writer point of view, you can't have them getting too close too long, and from a character point of view, one or both of them must realize what's going on and go, "wait a minute..." and start putting distance between them. And really...er...*looks around*...nevermind...

EDIT: And I'm SORRY that Jack isn't the PERFECT guy that the S/J thread thinks he should be and can't read Sam's mind and know how much she's been missing him. Good grief. He's just a (fictional) man, fcol.

EDIT2: Such a good thing I don't go to that thread anymore...
                  I wish others didn't view him as the perfect man. What makes him such a wonderful character to watch is his flaws. And I saw nothing wrong with what he did in 100 days. He didn't actually *do* anything wrong.

You can't cheat on someone when you're not with them.

I even think True Love is different for everyone. I'm sure that people can truely love someone and still see sex as something that's completely seperated from that. There are probably plenty of people who cheat on their ''True Love'' and still don't see that as 'wrong', simply because sex does not per se equal love... Or vice versa. Love is so very simple, yet so incredibly difficult to understand.

But... TV love is easy. Actor/Actor/Chemistry= Character/Character/Chemistry = Episodes filled with flirty UST.

And heh. Nad said Sex. Thrice.
                  There are also asexual people who don't view sex as any factor whatsoever. They have intimate relationships without crossing that line.

*huggles*

I love the picture I could see. Such a shame the world was intimidated by your awesomeness.
                  sigpic
                  Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Originally posted by m_wendy_r View Post
                    I wish others didn't view him as the perfect man. What makes him such a wonderful character to watch is his flaws. And I saw nothing wrong with what he did in 100 days. He didn't actually *do* anything wrong.

You can't cheat on someone when you're not with them.
                    Exactly!

And seriously, who wood want a 'perfect' man? That wood be very hard to live with I think

Besides, there's no such thing as a perfect man .......

*looks at Martin*

Hm.

I'm sure he must have some imperfections .....

*thinks*

Oh, I've got it! He isn't perfect because he doesn't have the beard all the time

But it's still a close thing....

There are also asexual people who don't view sex as any factor whatsoever. They have intimate relationships without crossing that line.
                    I guess you're right, but I really can't imagine that

*huggles*

I love the picture I could see. Such a shame the world was intimidated by your awesomeness.
                    The WooHoos can bring down GW with their serious discussions, but it takes a pic of Cags' legs to shut down PB!

Comment

Exactly!

And seriously, who wood want a 'perfect' man? That wood be very hard to live with I think
                      "Perfect" people annoy me. It's okay to do things wrong or have bad days, or w/e. I'd rather someone did and was honest, instead of trying to be perfect all the time.

Besides, there's no such thing as a perfect man .......

*looks at Martin*

Hm.

I'm sure he must have some imperfections .....

*thinks*

Oh, I've got it! He isn't perfect because he doesn't have the beard all the time

But it's still a close thing....

I guess you're right, but I really can't imagine that
                      I can sort of imagine it. I'm not an expert, though, it's just another way of living. We're all different, which I like

The WooHoos can bring down GW with their serious discussions, but it takes a pic of Cags' legs to shut down PB!
                      It's a special power, I tell you. hehehe
                      sigpic
                      Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Ok, let's see if my PB will let me post Cags' pics........

*crosses fingers*

Edit: Aw, that third pic is just gorgeous!

Comment

"Perfect" people annoy me. It's okay to do things wrong or have bad days, or w/e. I'd rather someone did and was honest, instead of trying to be perfect all the time.
                          Very true. And truthfully, it's possible to love a person's imperfections

What?

I'm just pandering to his ego I'm actually quite sure that he can be moody at times, and he does have a killer frown

I can sort of imagine it. I'm not an expert, though, it's just another way of living. We're all different, which I like
                          Yep, live and let live

But I'm pretty sure my hormones couldn't handle it

It's a special power, I tell you. hehehe
                          We're all abnormals in our own special ways

Edit: I should go, I have important things to do

Comment

Awww, I love the photographs.

Very true. And truthfully, it's possible to love a person's imperfections
                            Absolutely!

What?

I'm just pandering to his ego I'm actually quite sure that he can be moody at times, and he does have a killer frown
                            Pander away.

Yep, live and let live

But I'm pretty sure my hormones couldn't handle it
                            That's why some opposites don't attract and/or work!

We're all abnormals in our own special ways
                            We are!

Speaking of abnormals. Been trying to think of costume ideas for AT5. All I've got so far is Belle or Corpse Bride.
                            sigpic
                            Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Awww, I love the photographs.
                              Let's hope PB leaves them alone this time

Absolutely!
                              Pander away.
                              I really shouldn't, he'll end up with a big head

Er......

That's why some opposites don't attract and/or work!

We are!

Speaking of abnormals. Been trying to think of costume ideas for AT5. All I've got so far is Belle or Corpse Bride.
                              Corpse Bride wood probably be more appropriate

I'm not dressing up, I'm abnormal enough as it is

Didn't I say I was going?

Comment

Let's hope PB leaves them alone this time
                                Indeed!

I really shouldn't, he'll end up with a big head

Er......

[IMG]http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg122/jumble65/MW%20pics/Thatcameoutwrong.jpg
                                Hahahahahaahahahahaha

Corpse Bride wood probably be more appropriate

I'm not dressing up, I'm abnormal enough as it is

Didn't I say I was going?
                                I think I like Corpse Bride idea better as well.

You don't have to dress up if you don't want to.

Going to AT5? I knew
                                sigpic
                                Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Working...
                                X