• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
    Oh well.

Have I mentioned today that I totally adore Joe? I do. *dreamy sigh*

There's that dreamy word again

Actually, I can see how it might apply to Joe...........

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post

There's that dreamy word again

Actually, I can see how it might apply to Joe...........

sigpic

Comment

Oh lord! Is it Tuesday yet?

It sure does. Good thing though, don't you think?
        No. Sunday still.

And most of the time it is a good thing. It makes the whole experience ...richer. It's great to know things. Inside jokes, reasons why... It's great to know that there's a bunch of people on and behind the screen that cares so much about what they do and about the fans.
        I had that with the Stargates and now even more with Sanctuary.
        But I can imagine that 'knowing everything' could also make you enjoy less. Especially when you hear stories that aren't positive. That certain actors are jerks (and I'm not talking about our fandom here ). And especially with sci fi... It's magic. Some people woodn't want that spoiled.
        Personally, yes. I do think fandom is awesome. Martin's products wood just not be the same without the image of The Shorts.

Hm. Well I guess it can't hurt...... me

Now you're just being shallow. I really liked Shep, he's an awesome guy

But yes, AWESOME hair
        Hair is not shallow.
        Only awesome people have awesome hair.

He was being a guy. A lot of guys have a totally different slant on the love/sex thing. Some women have a totally different slant on the love/sex thing. I'll put my hands up to that, because until I experienced absolute and total true love I really didn't understand the distinction and acted accordingly.
        http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/g...5/00020148.gif

*cough*

No, definitely not a serious discussion.......... except that I'm being totally serious
        I even think True Love is different for everyone. I'm sure that people can truely love someone and still see sex as something that's completely seperated from that. There are probably plenty of people who cheat on their ''True Love'' and still don't see that as 'wrong', simply because sex does not per se equal love... Or vice versa. Love is so very simple, yet so incredibly difficult to understand.

But... TV love is easy. Actor/Actor/Chemistry= Character/Character/Chemistry = Episodes filled with flirty UST.

And heh. Nad said Sex. Thrice.
        Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
        Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Exactly LJ!

Ohhhhhhh! A Jon Bon Jovi special!

LOVE those songs

Comment

Great. We're promoting non perfect men and then start talking about the PTB?

TPTB are saints.
            Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jumble;12048515[B
              ]Exactly LJ[/B]!

Ohhhhhhh! A Jon Bon Jovi special!

LOVE those songs

Doesn't he just look like he's waiting for someone to snuggle up to him? *snuggles up to Joe...in a totally non-stalker kind of way*
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
                Great. We're promoting non perfect men and then start talking about the PTB?

TPTB are saints.
                ...well...they are at least very talented, very nice people who are awesomely awesome at putting themselves out their for the fans. And we love them!

EDIT: More dreamy Joe...
                sigpic

Comment

Oh look! My room in the Woohoo house!

(Can you tell I'm organizing my pb account?)
                  sigpic

Comment

*whistles happily*

sigpic

Comment

No. Sunday still.
                      D'oh!

And most of the time it is a good thing. It makes the whole experience ...richer. It's great to know things. Inside jokes, reasons why... It's great to know that there's a bunch of people on and behind the screen that cares so much about what they do and about the fans.
                      I had that with the Stargates and now even more with Sanctuary.
                      See, I've never experienced a show like Sanctuary before, so I don't really know if it's really special on it's own or if it's really special because I've seen it from the start alongside of fandom

All I can say is that being in fandom has definitely enriched my SG experience (having watched the whole series without being involved with fandom), so I'm assuming that being in fandom has made my whole Sanctuary experience better. But then, Sanctuary is like no other show, so I'm not sure that it woodn't have been just as awesome without the fandom connection
                      But I can imagine that 'knowing everything' could also make you enjoy less. Especially when you hear stories that aren't positive. That certain actors are jerks (and I'm not talking about our fandom here ). And especially with sci fi... It's magic. Some people woodn't want that spoiled.
                      Ah, but we don't know 'everything', we just know what they choose to let us know. Personally, I don't take any notice of others' opinions of actors/shows, I make up my own mind.

Personally, yes. I do think fandom is awesome. Martin's products wood just not be the same without the image of The Shorts.
                      Well yes, there is that

I was told today that I'm very tunnel-visioned in my attitude to sci-fi. I've never considered myself to be a sci-fi fan because I don't watch any sci-fi shows except for SG and Sanctuary. I don't like Dr Who, Lost, Angel, Buffy, Warehous 13, Harry Potter etc. I did like Dead Zone and I love Medium. Tbh, I'm not even sure exactly what is sci-fi and what is not. I just like what I like *shrugs*

But yes, Martin has made a huge difference to what I want to watch. With or without the shorts

Hair is not shallow.
                      Only awesome people have awesome hair.

I even think True Love is different for everyone. I'm sure that people can truely love someone and still see sex as something that's completely seperated from that. There are probably plenty of people who cheat on their ''True Love'' and still don't see that as 'wrong', simply because sex does not per se equal love... Or vice versa. Love is so very simple, yet so incredibly difficult to understand.
                      I don't believe that's true. Oh, I know that's what people say, it's an excuse that is constantly trotted out by people who cheat, but if you truly love your partner you just can't do it to them. You might be tempted, you might meet someone who makes you think 'if only', but you don't actually do it. Not if you're really with the one that you truly love.

Love isn't complicated at all. You either do or do not.

But... TV love is easy. Actor/Actor/Chemistry= Character/Character/Chemistry = Episodes filled with flirty UST.
                      Oh TV love is a different animal altogether. That depends entirely upon the whims of the writers

And heh. Nad said Sex. Thrice.

Comment

But you're right LJ. It used to really tick me off when I got jumped on for airing my views on 100 Days, when the fact is that Jack and Sam were not together, they were not in love at that point, and there was absolutely no reason why Jack woodn't do what he did with Laira.. Between Jack and Sam there was a mutual attraction and respect, but nothing deeper. Why woodn't he have a dalliance with Laira while he was waiting to be rescued? And why woodn't she do her best to get from him the one thing that she wanted? Jeez, how many of us woodn't in those circumstances?

Ok, yes, me, I woodn't. Not with Jack anyway

*remembers a certain conversation at a WooHooMeet*

Yes

Edit: And we weren't talking about Jack/RDA
                        Yeah. I think I summed that whole thing up in my shipper rewatch review of that episode. I'd go hunting for it if I could be bothered to rehash that debate yet again.

Yes, I've still got him up on that pedestal
                        It's a well deserved pedastal though.

Gosh that's deep. And true. Men and women tend to view things differently anyway but there's crossover there and you can't adopt a blanket sterotype for everyone.

Indeed. And if this is what it gets for you to say the ickybah word I like it. Just be careful though, this discussion is dangerously close to serious and we know what happens when woohoos get serious. Pht goes GW.

OK, embarassing photo time. I've spent the best part of the last two days scanning in old pictures and came across some really... um... well, let's just say I like the legs and the skinny me but, not so much the hair.

This one's me and Charles taken in early 1989 when we were still just good friends and before we realised that we actually fancied the pants off each other (actually, this was the very day I first started to think "yeah, you're actually quite.. umm... yeah...stoppit, brain, he's a friend and your best mate's uncle and all... you can't fancy him!") Needless to say my heart (and other slightly lower organs ) overruled my head and the rest is 21 years of history:

This was me being a bus groupie - wearing Charles' work uniform... well some of it anyway! (same year, same awful hairstyle...aw I loved that poodle perm back then. )

And finally, a couple from one of our first camping trips to Weymouth (there were many of those). I love the first picture because... well, look at my legs! Ok, stop before you get to the white stilettoes, ok, just concentrate on my awesome legs and rejoice in what a decent camera angle can do for a little shortarse like me.

Last edited by Cagranosalis; 06 November 2010, 03:11 PM. Reason: because I've got a biscuit crumb stuck under the H button.
                        sigpic

Comment

D'oh!

See, I've never experienced a show like Sanctuary before, so I don't really know if it's really special on it's own or if it's really special because I've seen it from the start alongside of fandom

All I can say is that being in fandom has definitely enriched my SG experience (having watched the whole series without being involved with fandom), so I'm assuming that being in fandom has made my whole Sanctuary experience better. But then, Sanctuary is like no other show, so I'm not sure that it woodn't have been just as awesome without the fandom connection
                          Ah, but we don't know 'everything', we just know what they choose to let us know. Personally, I don't take any notice of others' opinions of actors/shows, I make up my own mind.

Well yes, there is that
                          I 'did' a big part of SG without even knowing about fandom and part of it lurking/participating and for me, it did change the way I saw things. It made me less critical about little things, because I started to understand that 'we' or 'the audience' aren't the ones making the show. We might love it, but it's not our baby. We take it in for an hour and then hand it back. The joy of fandom for me lies in being able to share your experience with said baby with others. And in squeeing over the baby's Hair. And exactly, we know very little and that's good. I feel no need to sniff at baby's poopy diapers.

Sanctuary is a ''little'' show and I think the fans are very protective.

I was told today that I'm very tunnel-visioned in my attitude to sci-fi. I've never considered myself to be a sci-fi fan because I don't watch any sci-fi shows except for SG and Sanctuary. I don't like Dr Who, Lost, Angel, Buffy, Warehous 13, Harry Potter etc. I did like Dead Zone and I love Medium. Tbh, I'm not even sure exactly what is sci-fi and what is not. I just like what I like *shrugs*

But yes, Martin has made a huge difference to what I want to watch. With or without the shorts
                          I dislike most ''true'' sci fi shows. All the shows you mentioned? Meh for me too.
                          I'm a crime show girl. Sanctuary and SG just happened.

And I think Sci Fi fans don't know what's real and what's not these days.

I don't believe that's true. Oh, I know that's what people say, it's an excuse that is constantly trotted out by people who cheat, but if you truly love your partner you just can't do it to them. You might be tempted, you might meet someone who makes you think 'if only', but you don't actually do it. Not if you're really with the one that you truly love.

Love isn't complicated at all. You either do or do not.

Oh TV love is a different animal altogether. That depends entirely upon the whims of the writers

Shows why I'm single again.
                          I think ones definition of love lies in the way you have experienced it. And IF you have experienced love as in... love.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
                            Yeah. I think I summed that whole thing up in my shipper rewatch review of that episode. I'd go hunting for it if I could be bothered to rehash that debate yet again.

It's a well deserved pedastal though.
                            I hope so.....

Gosh that's deep. And true. Men and women tend to view things differently anyway but there's crossover there and you can't adopt a blanket sterotype for everyone.
                            Exactly!

Indeed. And if this is what it gets for you to say the ickybah word I like it. Just be careful though, this discussion is dangerously close to serious and we know what happens when woohoos get serious. Pht goes GW.
                            *does a silly happy dance* Just to convince GW that we're not being serious

OK, embarassing photo time. I've spent the best part of the last two days scanning in old pictures and came across some really... um... well, let's just say I like the legs and the skinny me but, not so much the hair.

This one's me and Charles taken in early 1989 when we were still just good friends and before we realised that we actually fancied the pants off each other (actually, this was the very day I first started to think "yeah, you're actually quite.. umm... yeah...stoppit, brain, he's a friend and your best mate's uncle and all... you can't fancy him!") Needless to say my heart (and other slightly lower organs ) overruled my head and the rest is 21 years of history:

This was me being a bus groupie - wearing Charles' work uniform... well some of it anyway! (same year, same awful hairstyle...aw I loved that poodle perm back then. )

And finally, a couple from one of our first camping trips to Weymouth (there were many of those). I love the first picture because... well, look at my legs! Ok, stop before you get to the white stilettoes, ok, just concentrate on my awesome legs and rejoice in what a decent camera angle can do for a little shortarse like me.

Aw, Cags, thanks for sharing those with us

*huggles*

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post

A million views, a million debates and those are awesome.

It's funny. The pages actually started to load not so fast and I do believe that it's the universe warning us. Or me, in this case

*silly happy dances too*

Thanks for sharing, love them.

And your hair. Hello 1980's awesome!

sigpic

Comment

BTW, just spoke to my brother, who used to be big on Sci Fi.

His question: ''Yeah. See... I never watch what you do on facebook, but something showed up on my wall about Sanctuary... What's that?
                                Me: That's that TV show I'm watching? You know... about the um...
                                Him: Is it like... moonlight?
                                Me: Ugh
                                Him: ...Yeah, with the vampires. It just lifts on the hype.
                                Me: Well... There's a vampire. Only different. They make fun of the hype, but they're serious. There's a wherewolf...
                                Him: *silence* Ah.
                                Me: No, but it's really great!

Yeah. I had no clue how to describe Sanctuary.
                                I had even more problems explaining Late Stargate and SGU

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X