Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
    *whistles*

[]http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa214/missnjack/Artwork/saraitat.jpg[/]
    *happy sigh*

*huggles LJ*

Comment

*hugs WooHoos and Happy Dances for tuesday*
      Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
      Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Originally posted by XFchemist View Post
        Morningggggggggggg!

It's a rainy day...again!
        But I've just listened to this song and it cheered me up a little

OfaBZvvL_7M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfaBZvvL_7M
        Baby Girl loved this and had me play it a couple times so she could dance to it.

Morning Woohoos.
        sigpic

Comment

Morning WooHoo's

Angry/Sad OT
          Spoiler:
          Char has to reschedule her biopsy. The reason is that her insurance ended on Oct 31 and even though our lovely government (yes that is sarcastic) has an insurance called COBRA which allows those out of work to extend their insurance benefits and COBRA pays up to 90 days retroactively, the hospital refuses to do the biopsy without insurance. Mind you, they know that COBRA will pay but they still won't do it.
          Also, because Char is unemployed we tried to get aid from various agencies that collect lots of money to help women who have or may have breast cancer, she was turned down because she did not fit into their criteria.
          The sad thing is I supported these organizations. I should have just put the money in the bank. I'd probably have enough to pay for the damned biopsy myself if I had. Needless to say I am done giving and you won't see me wearing a pink ribbon ever again. All I can think about is that my mom had an extremely aggressive form of cancer and I just praying that Char just has calcium deposits or benign tumors and that it isn’t cancer because if it is there isn’t anything we can do until the insurance comes through and that could take awhile.

My rant is over and now I have to get back to work. Still doing all of the last minute preps for the wine tasting tomorrow night. It's going to be another 9am to midnight work day.

*huggles WooHoo's*

Tuesday Night Sanctuary UK'ers. WooHoo! I really liked this episode. Be interesting to see what everyone else thinks.
          sigpic

Comment

*huggles Cags* Awesome pics Looks like Charles liked the dolphins just fine Thanks for sharing.

*huggles Sarai* Glad to see you survived your day out

*huggles Bree, Char & Dad* Thinking of you all, I hope something turns up soon to help.

*huggles Jann* Keep at it, you'll get there! Just make sure you get extra support from your tutor

*huggles Josi's MOB sig* Those were some great days

*iz in awe of Jas's bravery* I would never admit to eating broccoli in this thread Because of course, I would never ....

Today at work I updated one of the displays and put up this month's Motivational Minute. I thought I'd link it in here because, well, you'll all see what I mean It proves being a Woohoo is good for your health

Edit: Just realised the link may not work because you have to be logged in

"While exercising and eating right are unmatched at keeping you healthy, you could add some other things to your life. Love and laughter are two biggies. There's proof that people who love get sick a lot less. Showing love (or friendship) by simply hugging stimulates your well-being and de-stresses you. They've always said, "Laughter is the best medicine." The truth is laughing may keep you from needing any drugs because it boosts your immune system. The best part is, hugs and laughter are free - so soak 'em up until you're silly."

We certainly manage that last part frequently
            Last edited by Oma-1; 02 November 2010, 08:16 AM.
            sigpic

Comment

*huggles Bree* That really sucks; hope you still figure everything out!

*giggles at Oma* That last sentence sounds so wrong!

*runs around thread nekkid*

EDIT: As for the test...I now spoke with the girl I studied with and she had a 62 too(higher than me but still) and apparently to get a C- I only have to get a 72...so that already made me feel a bit better (I thought C- was failing too)
              Still...I need, apparently, help with this course so I'm curious what my teacher will tell me.
              sigpic

Comment

*wanders in to soak up some hugs and laughter*
                sigpic

Comment

Quiet here today...

Bree, sorry to hear that about Char's insurance Really hope something can be done to help her. It's stories like this that make me thank every deity for the NHS here

Oma, thanks for sharing that quote - very Woohooalicious indeed

*soaks up huggles and spreads some around too*
                  sigpic
                  Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Originally posted by wine_buyer View Post
                    Morning WooHoo's

Angry/Sad OT
                    Char has to reschedule her biopsy. The reason is that her insurance ended on Oct 31 and even though our lovely government (yes that is sarcastic) has an insurance called COBRA which allows those out of work to extend their insurance benefits and COBRA pays up to 90 days retroactively, the hospital refuses to do the biopsy without insurance. Mind you, they know that COBRA will pay but they still won't do it.
                    Also, because Char is unemployed we tried to get aid from various agencies that collect lots of money to help women who have or may have breast cancer, she was turned down because she did not fit into their criteria.
                    The sad thing is I supported these organizations. I should have just put the money in the bank. I'd probably have enough to pay for the damned biopsy myself if I had. Needless to say I am done giving and you won't see me wearing a pink ribbon ever again. All I can think about is that my mom had an extremely aggressive form of cancer and I just praying that Char just has calcium deposits or benign tumors and that it isn’t cancer because if it is there isn’t anything we can do until the insurance comes through and that could take awhile.
                    My rant is over and now I have to get back to work. Still doing all of the last minute preps for the wine tasting tomorrow night. It's going to be another 9am to midnight work day.

*huggles WooHoo's*
                    Bree, Just out of curiosity, what does something like that cost?

I know all about not having insurance. I have to wait for another 15 months until my Medicare kicks in.
                    sigpic

Comment

What a beautiful day outside....we are between (large) storms and today or at least part of the day, the sun is shining and it is a whooping 55 degrees (13C). Great day to take a walk, so, see you later!
                      sigpic

Comment

WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

And just in case any of you forgot...

I hope he wears it soon...and posts a pic...
                        sigpic

Comment

Morning WooHoo's

Angry/Sad OT
                          Spoiler:

*huggles WooHoo's*

Tuesday Night Sanctuary UK'ers. WooHoo! I really liked this episode. Be interesting to see what everyone else thinks.
                          (((Bree))) (((Char)))
                          This news just sucks. US health care is a racket where no one benefits but the insurance companies. I hope her COBRA benefits kick in quickly enough so that she can get her medical work done, or rather, I hope the hospital gets smart enough to figure out that she does have insurance and reschedules her sooner rather than later. As if you don't have enough to think about, now they add this unhealthy misery. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
                          /rant
                          Back to mode
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Estrela View Post

Back to mode
                            sigpic

Comment

Morning WooHoo's

Angry/Sad OT
                              Spoiler:
                              If you've paid Char's COBRA premium, there should be no lapse in coverage. *hugs* Hope things look up for you soon.
                              sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
                                http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa214/missnjack/alien.png

Ah, but my coworkers can hear me giggle. Using the cloaking device is safest during working hours.
                                If only they were Woohoos too..........*mind wanders*
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X