The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
    Ever have one of those people who just rubs you the wrong way? There's a lady like that in one of my adoption groups right now. She keeps pushing us (like, everyone else in the group) to adopt from Bulgaria, which is...how to put it...well...there's not pretty way, really...they're having a clearance sale on their special-needs kids in the orphanages. Which raises some flags, for many reasons, and then she gets all snippy when I try to point out those flags. WTHeck?
    The first thing I hear from this is that she feels guilty for having to/ or wanting to give up her own child. She is now on a mission to save all the children. I wonder if her child was a "special needs" child and she was too young to deal with it. What I feel is pity for this person because her own conscience won't give her peace. So now she strikes out as the warrior to save all these kids....problem is she still doesn't have it in her to be one of those people to do the saving!

Don't let some LOSER push you into anything because SHE HAS AN ISSUE!
    Enough said....Now on to humor......! Hey Jumble should I post the haunted house joke
    sigpic

Comment

*huggles Jumble* for bronchitis

*huggles LJ* for losers in the adoption forum

*has nothing else to say* *flops on couch*

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
        The first thing I hear from this is that she feels guilty for having to/ or wanting to give up her own child. She is now on a mission to save all the children. I wonder if her child was a "special needs" child and she was too young to deal with it. What I feel is pity for this person because her own conscience won't give her peace. So now she strikes out as the warrior to save all these kids....problem is she still doesn't have it in her to be one of those people to do the saving!
        Yes, that did occur to me too. I just wasn't in the mood to let her get away with it

Don't let some LOSER push you into anything because SHE HAS AN ISSUE!
        Enough said....Now on to humor......! Hey Jumble should I post the haunted house joke
        Yes, go ahead and post it

Comment

*feelz better* I wish she'd stop arguing. I should have a phd in adoption for all the research I've done--why does she think throwing up some lady's blog about how her FAS kid turned out wonderful is going to change my mind? It won't. And my points are valid. Why is she flipping out? Thanks for the insight.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
            *feelz better* I wish she'd stop arguing. I should have a phd in adoption for all the research I've done--why does she think throwing up some lady's blog about how her FAS kid turned out wonderful is going to change my mind? It won't. And my points are valid. Why is she flipping out? Thanks for the insight.
            LJ! Stop letting her get to you! You know you're right, you don't have to discuss it with her. Unless you're doing it to make sure other people know the downsides of the situation, in which case I guess it's valid. But don't let her upset you any more

Comment

*flops into thread*

Evening Woohoos! Boy am I glad it's the weekend

*squishy huggles Cags* Glad to hear you're getting things sorted out and sounds like you're going to do Charles proud

Originally posted by jumble View Post
              Because it's you, and because I will do anything to make you feel better....

RDA is GORGEOUS!!!!

*blinks*
              *does a double take*
              *does a triple take*

Blimey.

Originally posted by Pol View Post
              I never post fic announcements here, but for this I will. In keeping with Jumble's passing on of Cags' request to be happy, I wrote a fic. It might not feel like it at first, but I think it does at the end.

Meaning of Life Stuff.

I hope you don't mind me posting the link here.
              *hugs* Thanks for sharing, and always good to see you!

Jumble, *hugs* for the bronchitis. Sounds nasty, so I'm really glad you've got those antibiotics.

LJ, what Jumble said. That's really not on, for so many reasons. Don't let her get to you though, you know what you're doing, and you know what's best for your family, and she does not. *hugs*
              sigpic
              Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Pol; I already reviewed it, but lovely fic

Jumble *huggles* Hope the meds will help you get better!

I finally started with my Sanctuary marathon (appropriate for this weekend??? )
                It's interesting to see how much the show has changed since it first started!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
                  *flops into thread*

Evening Woohoos! Boy am I glad it's the weekend

*squishy huggles Cags* Glad to hear you're getting things sorted out and sounds like you're going to do Charles proud

*blinks*
                  *does a double take*
                  *does a triple take*

Blimey.

Never let it be said that I don't go that extra mile for the people I love........... even when it really really hurts.....

*hugs* Thanks for sharing, and always good to see you!

Jumble, *hugs* for the bronchitis. Sounds nasty, so I'm really glad you've got those antibiotics.
                  Thanks. I'll be fine once I've had a few doses......... and it's a good excuse to spend the week-end in bed with lots of Martincommentaries

LJ, what Jumble said. That's really not on, for so many reasons. Don't let her get to you though, you know what you're doing, and you know what's best for your family, and she does not. *hugs*
                  *nods* Do as you're told LJ, leave the nasty lady to witter on without you and come play with Joe

Looook! He needs a towel............

.... and he specifically picked you........

Comment

Now that Josiane has reminded me of what I was forced to say earlier, I feel I really should make up for it.....

Hand pics for Cags

Wetpics for ........ those that prefer their Martin wet....

... and hugpics for me, because I really need them.....

.... and last but not least, beardpic.......... because I just luuuuurve it!

There! I'm starting to feel better already
                    Last edited by Jumble; 29 October 2010, 11:04 AM. Reason: The Hug was a bit too big.......

Comment

Aw. *gets towel and dries Joe off*

I love you guys!
                      sigpic

Comment

We love you too LJ *squishy huggles*

Comment

(((Jumble))) I hope your bronchitis clears up soon

Originally posted by josiane View Post
                          *blinks*
                          *does a double take*
                          *does a triple take*

Blimey.

True though! (Am I allowed to say that on this thread )

(((LJ))) That woman clearly has her own priorities and isn't thinking about what's best for anyone else - especially your family. I'm with everyone else, you know what's right for you and you know your priorities are in the right place - she's not worth letting her wind you up
                          sigpicMy Fanfic

Comment

Now first of all....Jumble said to post this....this is for Cags (to laugh at) and all the people that went to AT4:

It Was a Dark and Stormy Night

Bob Hill and his new wife Betty were vacationing in Europe....as it happens, near Transylvania . They were driving in a rental car along a rather deserted highway. It was late and raining very hard. Bob could barely see the road in front of the car. Suddenly, the car skids out of control! Bob attempts to control the car, but to no avail! The car swerves and smashes into a tree.

Moments later, Bob shakes his head to clear the fog.Dazed, he looks over at the passenger seat and sees his wife unconscious, with her head bleeding! Despite the rain and unfamiliar countryside, Bob knows he has to get her medical assistance.

Bob carefully picks his wife up and begins trudging down the road. After a short while, he sees a light. He heads towards the light, which is coming from a large, old house.He approaches the door and knocks.

A minute passes. A small, hunched man opens the door.Bob immediately blurts, "Hello, my name is Bob Hill, and this is my wife Betty. We've been in a terrible accident, and my wife has been seriously hurt. Can I please use your phone?"

"I'm sorry,"replied the hunchback, "but we don't have a phone. My master is adoctor; come in, and I will get him!"

Bob brings his wife in.

An older man comes down the stairs. "I'm afraid my assistant may have misled you. Iam not a medical doctor; I am a scientist.. However, it is many miles to the nearest clinic, and I have had a basic medical training. I will see what I can do. Igor, bring them down to the laboratory."

With that, Igor picks up Betty and carries her downstairs, with Bob following closely.. Igor places Betty on a table in the lab. Bob collapses from exhaustion and his own injuries, so Igor places Bob on an adjoining table.

After a brief examination, Igor's master looks worried."Things are serious, Igor.Prepare a transfusion."Igor and his master work feverishly, but to no avail. Bob and Betty Hill are no more.

The Hills' deaths upset Igor's master greatly. Wearily, he climbs the steps to his conservatory, which houses his grand piano. For it is here that he has always found solace.He begins to play, and a stirring, almost haunting melody fills the house.

Meanwhile, Igor is still in the lab tidying up. His eyes catch movement, and he notices the fingers on Betty's hand twitch, keeping time to the haunting piano music. Stunned, he watches as Bob's arm begins to rise, marking the beat!He is further amazed as Betty and Bob both sit up straight!

Unable to contain himself, he dashes up the stairs to the conservatory.

He bursts in and shouts to his master:

Spoiler:
                            "Master,Master!.....The Hills are alive with the sound of music!"

Happy Halloween!

Last edited by llp; 29 October 2010, 12:54 PM.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Aveo_amacus View Post
                              (((Jumble))) I hope your bronchitis clears up soon
                              Thanks Aveo

True though! (Am I allowed to say that on this thread )
                              NO!!!

Edit: Laurie, why am I getting the blame for that?

And my reaction is still the same

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post

Edit: Laurie, why am I getting the blame for that?

And my reaction is still the same
                                Blame for what....I just meant you said it would be a good idea to post the "humorous" joke!!???????

Jumble...you need to smoke chomp on some broccoli! Or some cakes with broccoli!

Last edited by llp; 29 October 2010, 01:03 PM.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X