The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jumble View Post
    You could try lottery tickets is guess I'll admit to having bought a few of those lately
    lol. I always buy one for the "new years lottery" together with my brother. We normally win a small price(40 euros or so) but it would be nice to win!

Originally posted by llp View Post
    CHEAP STUFF! You mean "less expensive stuff" right! And then only if you don't get sick!
    ...errr...food(except healthy food) is really cheap in here. Especially going to restaurants! Clothes are overall cheaper too, but there are some things that are more expensive...

Originally posted by m_wendy_r View Post
    Jann, I've never been to the USA... is it really as cheap as you make it sound??
    Probably not that cheap. It works better for me since I'm working with a better conversion rate...actually a friend made in his blog a conversion the other day...

1. Hamburger + fries + cola at Mc Donald’s
    USA: $7 Netherlands: $9

2. A beer at a random bar downtown:
    USA: $4 Netherlands $6

3. Clothes, for example converse shoes:
    USA: $40 Netherlands $90

4. Cinema:
    USA: $9 Netherlands: $14

5. Gas for your car (1 gallon = 3,78 liters):
    USA: $2,50 Netherlands: $8,14

So...overall less expensive from my perspective.
    sigpic

Comment

I'm off to bed too, fed up with waiting for YouTube to upload so I'll have to wait until tomorrow to post the new vid

WoodNight WooHoos *hugs*

*huggles Martin too*

Comment

I wood love to be able to zort. Then we woodn't have to worry about the cost of gasoline or plane tickets.

*night UK WooHoo's*
        sigpic

Comment

*doez not need quilt, for my love of Joe keeps me warm*

yeah...I'm in a dorky mood.

Night, Jumble!
          sigpic

Comment

*waves*

Dinner & wine time.

Originally posted by wine_buyer View Post
            evening WooHoo's

is it possible to be so mentally exhausted that it makes you physically exhausted?
            so tired of thinking. wish I could shut off my brain. wish I could sleep for days and days and not think about anything at all.
            there are people out there who don't care about anything or anyone except maybe themselves. I wonder what life is like for those people. wonder if it's any easier for them

*hugs*
            bree
            Yes, you can! And massive huggles to you.

Originally posted by starlover View Post
            Probably not that cheap. It works better for me since I'm working with a better conversion rate...actually a friend made in his blog a conversion the other day...

1. Hamburger + fries + cola at Mc Donald’s
            USA: $7 Netherlands: $9

2. A beer at a random bar downtown:
            USA: $4 Netherlands $6

3. Clothes, for example converse shoes:
            USA: $40 Netherlands $90

4. Cinema:
            USA: $9 Netherlands: $14

5. Gas for your car (1 gallon = 3,78 liters):
            USA: $2,50 Netherlands: $8,14

So...overall less expensive from my perspective.
            Come to NYC:

1. Similar
            2. $6-10 depending
            3. Chucks are more like $60-80 around here
            4. $12.50 at the door. But new releases have to be bought in advance, so $2-3 service charge on top of that.
            5. You got me on that one. Gas = WAY more $$$ across the pond.
            sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
              Come to NYC:

1. Similar
              2. $6-10 depending
              3. Chucks are more like $60-80 around here
              4. $12.50 at the door. But new releases have to be bought in advance, so $2-3 service charge on top of that.
              5. You got me on that one. Gas = WAY more $$$ across the pond.
              And here I was thinking to go to NY after the semester was over but that's a lot more than in here Hmm...I'll stick to the South then
              sigpic

Comment

And here I was thinking to go to NY after the semester was over but that's a lot more than in here Hmm...I'll stick to the South then
                Come for a visit! You can even probably stay with us. But it's crazy expensive to live here. I live in a part of Brooklyn where things are mildly more reasonable, but Manhattan and the posher parts of Bk are ridiculous.
                sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Come for a visit! You can even probably stay with us. But it's crazy expensive to live here. I live in a part of Brooklyn where things are mildly more reasonable, but Manhattan and the posher parts of Bk are ridiculous.
                  Oohhh interesting offer

I can imagine...I already heard that it is a lot more expensive to live in a city in the USA than in a smaller city/village. Weird(for me)
                  sigpic

Comment

Oohhh interesting offer

I can imagine...I already heard that it is a lot more expensive to live in a city in the USA than in a smaller city/village. Weird(for me)
                    This is generally true. But when you live in more rural areas, you have very reduced access to many goods and services. Some US cities are more expensive to live in than others. NYC is one of the most, if not the most, expensive city in the US. San Francisco is tied right up there with us.
                    sigpic

Comment

This is generally true. But when you live in more rural areas, you have very reduced access to many goods and services. Some US cities are more expensive to live in than others. NYC is one of the most, if not the most, expensive city in the US. San Francisco is tied right up there with us.
                      Yucky..now I know for sure never to live there

I'll keep it to the rural areas..... and Atlanta
                      sigpic

Comment

Atlanta has a very affordable cost of living, actually. You'll be very happy there. Just be warned, summers are steamy there.
                        sigpic

Comment

Atlanta has a very affordable cost of living, actually. You'll be very happy there. Just be warned, summers are steamy there.
                          Sweet...I'll just leave before the summer is there...(June)
                          sigpic

Comment

Not all rural areas are cheap though. I leave in a place that's definetly not cheap
                            sigpic
                            Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Last woohoo standing? Long day anyhow. Another long one tomorrow since I'm back at the baby factory bright and early. Sleep well everyone.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by yessika View Post
                                Not all rural areas are cheap though. I leave in a place that's definetly not cheap

*hugs* that's evil! Rural must be cheaper

and...

*runs through thread nekkid*
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X