No announcement yet.

The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blarg. Double posting because Andi and I just went to do the bimonthly nail trim and cap change on my cat's paws and in 8 weeks, 3 claws with caps on them grew into the pads on his feet! Poor baby. He's never limped or complained or anything! He's going to need surgery, and he's old too. I feel like a bad mommy. This has never happened before.
    sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

I knew you would all love the episode, what's not to love!

My one 4 sec complaint:

Spoiler:
      Wexford gave up to easily and quickly. All of a sudden he responded to being reasonable.....that had to be done for time.

Other than the one comment behind the "spoilers" I loved every minute of it. Yes, Kate wasn't quite wet enough, but the kid was and Amanda's hair was a mess but still lovely. All nice and proper at the end, of course.

Decided this belonged in spoilers also:
      Spoiler:

I understand that Will will slowly remember what happened while he was with Kali during that one scene. All to be revealed in future episodes. I wonder if he is now a "partial" abnormal because he has survived the "spider".

Anyhow those are my thoughts.
      sigpic

Comment

Well, I hope you all got good nights sleep. Tomorrow is a big fun day for me, but I won't say anything until I have gone through it!

Bree, sorry about your Dad. I will think good thoughts for him.

See you all later!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
          *throws a pillow at Jumble*
          Thanks. Sadly it didn't help, I got about 2 hours' sleep before the alarm woke me at 7.30

Waaaay too much excitement yesterday.

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
          First. HUGE SQUISHY HUGGLES TO BREE.http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x...ns/bearhug.gif Cancer sucks.

Second: Srsly, Woohoo vibes are powerful. I submitted my resignation letter to my boss today, and voila! If I give you what you've been asking for will you stay? Yes. Okay. That was it. I'm gainfully employed until my (hopeful) departure to BC. She even promised me a glowing reference letter and help with my application.
          Brilliant! Good for you

Third: Glad y'all loved Sanctuary. My biggest qualm:
          Spoiler:
          1. Kate gets totally drenched by a tsunami and yet her cell-phone works like a charm? That tsunami's gotta be worse than dropping it in the toilet. Just sayin'

2. Still lukewarm on the new theme music

3. Also adored the ctrl + alt +delete line.
          Spoilers for Kali 3

Spoiler:
          Hey, this is Sanctuary! They've probably got waterproof phones, that's not really much of a stretch

Really? I thought the new music fitted very well because it's more dramatic

Originally posted by llp View Post

My one 4 sec complaint:

Spoiler:
          Wexford gave up to easily and quickly. All of a sudden he responded to being reasonable.....that had to be done for time.
          Spoilers for Kali 3
          Spoiler:
          Yes, that did feel a bit sudden and may have been done for time. But really, what choice did he have? The whole crew turned (respectfully ) against him, he had no support at all, and who in their right mind wood go against Magnus in that situation?

Other than the one comment behind the "spoilers" I loved every minute of it. Yes, Kate wasn't quite wet enough, but the kid was and Amanda's hair was a mess but still lovely. All nice and proper at the end, of course.

Decided this belonged in spoilers also:
          Spoiler:

I understand that Will will slowly remember what happened while he was with Kali during that one scene. All to be revealed in future episodes. I wonder if he is now a "partial" abnormal because he has survived the "spider".

Anyhow those are my thoughts.
          Spoilers for Kali 3

Spoiler:
          Interesting point. Personally, I doubt it because they've said all along that they need Will to be normal to keep some balance.

Have to say, quietly, that I was really impressed with Will/Robin. If that keeps up I may have to end up liking him

Comment

*Hugs* for the cat woes MoB, let us know how he gets on . But also, glad to hear you managed to get a bit of leverage at work .

Brrrrr, it's freezing at work today. Looks like we're in for another really bad winter as well *le sigh*.

Comment

Now +1, I like the Cookie Monster suggestion -- that one you kept to yourself in our conversation, lady At least until after I read your post

I'm lovin' the Sanctuary talk. I can't wait till others have seen it

MoB *huggles for the cat* But fantastic news about work!
              sigpic
              Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

I was going to suggest "The Additional Woohoo" for +1.

Originally posted by jumble View Post
                Ah. Yeah, that RDA never could act convincingly! *ducks and runz*

*snort* Maybe it was just that the director wasn't very good.

But the chemistry was apparently correct

Yes, but you'd need about 50kg of the stuff to do what he did. Not just some piddly little dairy milk bar. And even then, faced with that kind of chocolate mountain... yeah, I'd still rather eat it.

*huggles for the sleepless night.*

Second: Srsly, Woohoo vibes are powerful. I submitted my resignation letter to my boss today, and voila! If I give you what you've been asking for will you stay? Yes. Okay. That was it. I'm gainfully employed until my (hopeful) departure to BC. She even promised me a glowing reference letter and help with my application.

Woohoo! That's awesome. Just goes to show, if you mean what you say and put the pressure on they can be very accommodating.
                I did had a similar conversation when I handed my notice in for my last job. I'd been there 19 years (including student years). They treated me like crap so I quit. my manager tried to talk me out of it but, you know, for me, it felt right. I left and haven't looked back since. What I do now is very fulfilling all round (except financially but, hey, you work for the voluntary sector, you have to compromise somewhere and we cope).

Third: Glad y'all loved Sanctuary. My biggest qualm:
                Spoiler:
                1. Kate gets totally drenched by a tsunami and yet her cell-phone works like a charm? That tsunami's gotta be worse than dropping it in the toilet. Just sayin'

Yes, I thought that too.

Blarg. Double posting because Andi and I just went to do the bimonthly nail trim and cap change on my cat's paws and in 8 weeks, 3 claws with caps on them grew into the pads on his feet! Poor baby. He's never limped or complained or anything! He's going to need surgery, and he's old too. I feel like a bad mommy. This has never happened before.

Aw poor kitty. What are nail caps? Are they to stop him/her clawing? Is this something I'm gonna wish I knew about a couple of months ago?

My one 4 sec complaint:

Spoiler:
                I had a feeling it would be that.

Spoiler:

Sanctuary Speculation
                Spoiler:
                I had that thought too. There's a comment I heard in one of the trailers where Helen says "You were clinically dead, we've no idea what that could do..." which, of course, seems to apply to Will. So I suspect there might be a knock on effect there, if only temporary. Then again, back in season 1 I wondered if Will wasn't just a bit abnormal, hence his ability to see things other's didn't at crime scenes. I still think there are unanswered questions about him and a story there. If he did turn out to be a bit abnormal, then you've still got Kate who is / appears to be completely normal so we've still got that balance.

I am the Multitasking Queen today. This morning, all at the same time, I've been working, made stifado for dinner tonight, nursed a poorly little boy and given financial advice to a friend of a friend.
                Actually, nah, just a woman; we do this kind of thing all the time.
                sigpic

Comment

Sanctuary:
                  Spoiler:
                  Good to hear I wasn't the only one thinking that it was weird that Kate's phone was still working after a tsunami...
                  and how she got up there so quickly

Oh well...just have to take that with a grain of salt (or whatever the saying is)

Otherwise I loved the episode and thought there was enough action, some character moments and just an overall good storyline that left you behind with some questions.

With the whole weird Kali thing and the two other guys it makes me think there are probably two other abnormals out there with big powers too...

Just wait and see
                  sigpic

Comment

Mustnotclickspoilersmustnotclickspoilersmustnotclickspoilers

Comment

reposting this here again, because y'all know you want to join in with the sam/jack secret santa
                      (yeah hardly anyone is joining this year...what's going on???)

Originally posted by RepliCartertje View Post
                      !!!SECRET SANTA!!!

What is Secret Santa?
                      Everyone who signs up for it makes something for another person. You can make anything you like. Music videos, fanmix, icons, wallpapers, headers, poem, fics, stories, picture stories, ... Be creative, everything is a go.
                      So you'll be making something for someone but you'll also be getting something.
                      You do have to make something that is related to Sam/Jack, unless you know that person will also be happy with something else.

How does it work?
                      Fill in this form, and mail it to: [email protected]
                      Subject line should be: Secret Santa Sam/Jack thread. If you don't do this, it will end up in my spam!!!

Your E-mail: So I can contact you (it will not go to the person who has to make something for you). Please do use the same e-mail when sending me your form, it makes things easier for me
                      Nickname: and name if you want it to be personal. This is NOT COMPULSORY. Since I'm not on here much, nicknames (full nicknames that is) will help me!
                      Things you want to make: Just tell me what your willing to make, if you are willing to do everything, just say so.
                      Things you don't want to make:
                      Things you really like made for you:
                      Things you don't like made for you:
                      Favourite colour, episode, moment, picture, song, quote, plotbunny,other shows: obviously you don't have to answer on everything but it might help the person who makes something for you to give you what you really like!
                      message for your secret santa: be original, cause it is funny. Please don't skip it because your secret santa might like it

Deadlines:
                      Singing up can be until 5th November then I'll send the assignments out around the 8th of November.

Assignments have to be in my mailbox before the 15th December! Then I'll be mailing them off to everyone And if you want you can post them on this thread.

Attention:
                      If I got your e-mail of signing up and also later when you send me the assignment i'll mail you back as soon as possible, so you know I got your e-mail. If you didn't get a e-mail back, I didn't get it. Sometimes it might take a few days though.

I could also do with some people who wants to be a back-up when someone can't make something or forgot, cause i have experienced that from other years. If you wanna be a back-up please add that to your mail. Thanks!!!

Also if you know shippers who aren't on this thread any more, or on GW any more but still wanna participate, you can always send this message.

!!!SECRET SANTA!!!

Comment

Eve, I'm going to enter, will do it when I get home . Just keep posting it around, have you posted in the art thread also?

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post

Woohoo! That's awesome. Just goes to show, if you mean what you say and put the pressure on they can be very accommodating.
                          I did had a similar conversation when I handed my notice in for my last job. I'd been there 19 years (including student years). They treated me like crap so I quit. my manager tried to talk me out of it but, you know, for me, it felt right. I left and haven't looked back since. What I do now is very fulfilling all round (except financially but, hey, you work for the voluntary sector, you have to compromise somewhere and we cope).

Yes, I thought that too.

Aw poor kitty. What are nail caps? Are they to stop him/her clawing? Is this something I'm gonna wish I knew about a couple of months ago?

1. Yeah. Well, I do want out, but it's only one year until BC so I can start my countdown at least and still be able to afford do a whole lot of cool stuff in the meantime. I'm going to plan the funnest year of my life.

2. The caps are to keep them from clawing the furniture. They only sort of work. I have to admit, I usually leave the claw-maintenance responsibility to Andi since she's really good at it. I'm going to call the vet as soon as they're open and see when I can get him in. I'm going to feel hideously guilty until this problem is fixed.
                          sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

I was going to suggest "The Additional Woohoo" for +1.

*snort* Maybe it was just that the director wasn't very good.
                            I'm sure that had a lot to do with it. He did do better once Martin started directing him

Yes, but you'd need about 50kg of the stuff to do what he did. Not just some piddly little dairy milk bar. And even then, faced with that kind of chocolate mountain... yeah, I'd still rather eat it.
                            Maybe it was just that the writer wasn't very good!

*huggles for the sleepless night.*

Sanctuary Speculation
                            Spoiler:
                            I had that thought too. There's a comment I heard in one of the trailers where Helen says "You were clinically dead, we've no idea what that could do..." which, of course, seems to apply to Will. So I suspect there might be a knock on effect there, if only temporary. Then again, back in season 1 I wondered if Will wasn't just a bit abnormal, hence his ability to see things other's didn't at crime scenes. I still think there are unanswered questions about him and a story there. If he did turn out to be a bit abnormal, then you've still got Kate who is / appears to be completely normal so we've still got that balance.
                            Sanctuary
                            Spoiler:
                            Nope, they've said many times he definitely wasn't an abnormal, he was just very good at reading the crimescenes. I don't believe they'll make him an abnormal. That's just my feeling about it

I am the Multitasking Queen today. This morning, all at the same time, I've been working, made stifado for dinner tonight, nursed a poorly little boy and given financial advice to a friend of a friend.
                            Actually, nah, just a woman; we do this kind of thing all the time.
                            Yeah, me too. Busy busy day, one of those rare ones where I really don't enjoy the job

Originally posted by Sarai View Post
                            Mustnotclickspoilersmustnotclickspoilersmustnotclickspoilers
                            *huggles Sarai* No, don't click! I watched it completely unspoiled and I'm really glad I did

Comment

Hi WooHoo's

Trying to catch up with some of the stuff I missed over the last few days.
                              1. Martin has the beard again?
                              2. Sanctuary Season 3
                              3. Baby girl walking video
                              4. Kill Bill Vol 1
                              5. Sam/Jack Sekrit Santa
                              6. Joe's Birthday

1. I love him when he's a bit scruffy looking.
                              2. Sanctuary S3 "Kali Part 3" was awesome. Love the new theme too.
                              3. The first of many triumphs!
                              4. Char is addicted to part one. It is better than part 2 (although we love both). She actually rented it when we were in Disney. It was interesting. We watched Kill Bill Vol 1 and then went to the Magic Kingdom. What a contrast!
                              5. Sorry Eve, just not into S/J so no PS mojo in that area.
                              I wood be up for a WooHoo Sekrit Santa if anyone is interested. That wood be lots of fun.
                              6. HAPPY (Belated) BIRTHDAY JOE!
                              Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
                              Because Martin said that she's awesome... ;-)

I know it's Joe's day, but you know... *mutters something about Powers and Balance and seasons premiering and mojo's*
                              Love those Nad! May I snurch?
                              BTW-At first I thought is said "killer bum" I read it too quickly or maybe it's just wishful thinking because I think Amanda has a very nice...um...well you know.

Oh Bree! So sorry to hear that :-( But I refuse to put that on your badge - you're "Amanda's WooHoo"! *squishy huggles*

I'll take it for you :-)

Yes they are, we are, he is, and she is :-) :-)

*squishy huggles again*
                              Thanks Jumble and you are right. I think I like being Amanda's WooHoo better than being a BooHoo WooHoo. Besides I've gotten so much bad news lately that something good has to be right around the corner. Right?

Thanks for taking the 31st. There is just so much going on now.
                              And thanks for the Amanda picspam. *sigh*
                              You may not know this, as I have kept it a tightly wound secret, but
                              I LOVE AMANDA TAPPING!
                              Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post
                              I'm so sorry to hear that hun! :-( *hugs*
                              Originally posted by m_wendy_r View Post
                              *bows to your wisdom*
                              *huggles* I'm sorry :-( I'm thinking of you.
                              Originally posted by starlover View Post
                              *huggles Bree tightly* :-( I hope it isn't really advanced yet and that he can be cured :-)
                              Originally posted by Sarai View Post
                              *squishy huggles Bree* I'm so sorry to hear that. Remember we're all here for you :-).
                              Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
                              *hugs Bree*
                              Originally posted by Estrela View Post
                              ((((((((((Bree))))))))))

Life should be fair but it's not.:-( As it's already been said, here's hoping that they've caught it with plenty of time to be able to heal him completely.
                              Thanks gys. I talked to my sis and they are scheduling dad for a biopsy in a couple of days. He is in very high spirits and that is half the battle. As Jumble says below there is room for hope because they may not have to take the entire lung.
                              1. Good to hear that there is at least room for hope :-) *crosses fingers and sends healing vibes*
                              2. Indeed it wood :-)
                              3. Care to point me towards that commentary?
                              4. They do have a way of doing that, don't they? :-) :-)
                              1. Yes there is and thank you.
                              2. Martin's voice and Amanda's giggle are two of my most favorite things ever.
                              3. Season 2: Kali part 1.
                              4. Yup.
                              Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
                              *runz through thread...nekkid*

WOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!! Hubby got a new job!!!!! *doez a happy dance*
                              Oh, and...

*stomps on Cancer* I HATE YOU CANCER!!!!! YOU SUUUUUUUUUUCK!!!
                              Wonderful news LJ!!!!!
                              *stomps on cancer too*

*huggles Bree* Positive and healing vibes for your dad. Hold onto the positives.

I'll second (third?) that. My cousin's not long been diagnosed with breast cancer... as if we've not had enough of it already.
                              Thanks Cags Yes, we all have had enough of that and I am sorry about your cousin.
                              First. HUGE SQUISHY HUGGLES TO BREE. Cancer sucks.

Thanks MoB and congratulations.
                              Sorry to hear that MoB. Hope kitty will be okay. You are not a bad mommy. Over the last 12 years we have had more than 20 cats (not all at once) so take my word for it when I say that unfortunately kitties do not always let you know when something is wrong and if you don't notice something it doesn't make you a bad mommy.
                              Well, I hope you all got good nights sleep. Tomorrow is a big fun day for me, but I won't say anything until I have gone through it!

Bree, sorry about your Dad. I will think good thoughts for him.

See you all later!
                              Thanks Laurie.

Have to get back to work now.
                              *hugs all WooHoo's*
                              sigpic

Comment

*happy dances for LJ's hubby* Congrats Andy!
                                *huggles MoB and cat*
                                *huggles Sarai for work-freezing-ness (I so know what you mean ) and spoiler-resistance*

Uh, was that everything?

Sanctuary
                                Spoiler:
                                I agree there were a few moments of having to suspend your disbelief, but they didn't really bother me - they were trying to get through a lot of stuff in not much time. I see Jumble's point that maybe it could have been a two-parter (was it Jumble's point?), but then again, I'm not sure whether it wouldn't have flagged a bit if they'd had to stretch it over another 45 minutes. Loved Forsyth's lines and also the CTRL+ALT+DELETE one too, and I'm very intrigued by those two other guys who were with Kali when Will was dead... bet there's stories there, as well as with the effects of the deading on Will too. So excited for the rest of the season

And on the subject of Secret Santas - I'm happy to organise the Woohoo one again if people would be up for it
                                sigpic
                                Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Working...
                                X