No announcement yet.

The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Woohoos. I'm hopeless at visual arts, but I just redesigned my website header banner and would love to know what you think. The rest of the site needs some pepping up too, but I'm starting small. Just click over by my name and it will take you there. You can feedback via PM so as not to clog up the thread. Thanks in advance!
    sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Hello all, have had a very busy weekend and just started catching up.

You Woohoos have been busy!....what is this about T-shirts and badges????

Cags - the adnormal ball - you are suppose to dress up as an adnormal and be able to tell the door monitors what you are. Last time I went as a "Mind Reader" so no costume! But some people really went all out. It is up to you! (BTW - I read my own mind and decided I felt like having a drink instead so I left early)

And Congrats to JUMBLE and all us Woohoos for the Martin mention! Really cool!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post
        I may have 'been' to Leeds, but that doesn't mean I have the slightest idea where it is in relation to Nottingham, or Timbuktu for that matter

But I do know where Vancouver is

Edit: Roughly

Yeah, see? I knew this wood get technical

So no photos? Just something like a banner saying............ what? Ideas please! Obviously it has to say 'WooHoo' in there somewhere.....

And I'm not sure I'm the right person to produce something that's not majorly colourful
        I like the use of broccoli somewhere

Also, I love the idea of the individual badges. Though not sure what mine would be beyond being clumsy or something.

I've had a bit of a bah day. Walked in from work only to end up in a fight with my sisters' boyfriend. Then I watched Glee and I'm now trying hard not to think too much about how much I miss singing. I really miss it. I think about it everyday.

I need a choir

Hey, who has the wine? Broccoli? I'm thinking this will help
        sigpic
        Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

*huggles Wendy* I don't have wine but I have broccoli *hands over her stash of broccoli*

Hope it helps
          sigpic
          Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Originally posted by m_wendy_r View Post

I like the use of broccoli somewhere

Also, I love the idea of the individual badges. Though not sure what mine would be beyond being clumsy or something.

I've had a bit of a bah day. Walked in from work only to end up in a fight with my sisters' boyfriend. Then I watched Glee and I'm now trying hard not to think too much about how much I miss singing. I really miss it. I think about it everyday.

I need a choir

Hey, who has the wine? Broccoli? I'm thinking this will help
            Then start singing! Practice in your living room! Join a singers meetup in your town! Find a teacher! Nothing like the joy of song.
            sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Hey ladies...Just dropping by to see how much squeeage has gone on the last few days in here. As soon as he dropped Jumble's name, I was like "She is going to freak!". In full disclosure, we did the interview in April when I went to Vancouver for the Creation Con. I've been sitting on that wondering how Jumble would react for 6 full months!!

Now how about some love and green for the guy that did the interview with him, eh?
              Creation Chicago Con 2004, 2005, 2008-2015
              Creation Vancouver Con 2008-2012 R.I.P.
              Creation Minneapolis Con (HOST) 2010
              Wizard Chicago Comic-Con 2010-2015
              Cyphan Con Chicago (TALENT MANAGER) 2010-2012
              Con-Version Calgary 2010
              C2E2 2013-2015
              TimeGate 2014, 2015 (GUEST)
              Hawaii Con 2014, 2015 (STAFF/PANEL MODERATOR)
              Fantasticon Milwaukee 2014
              FCD (First Contact Day) 2015, 2016 (HOST/TALENT COORDINATOR)

Comment

Originally posted by doublecut View Post
                Hey ladies...Just dropping by to see how much squeeage has gone on the last few days in here. As soon as he dropped Jumble's name, I was like "She is going to freak!". In full disclosure, we did the interview in April when I went to Vancouver for the Creation Con. I've been sitting on that wondering how Jumble would react for 6 full months!!

Now how about some love and green for the guy that did the interview with him, eh?
                (((Doublecut))) Thanks for the interview!! As you can see, there has been a LOT of excitement around here!
                sigpic

Comment

*dances through thread*

This talk of choirs and singing has led me to a thought. We need an anthem.

We definitely need an anthem...

sigpic

Comment

*squishy hugs Doublecut* It's a great interview, there's certainly been a lot of merriment around here . I don't know if you know but Jumble, Laurie (llp) and I were in Vancouver this August for the SE convention and Martin's reception of Jumble especially was amazing. He is a fantastic guy, very warm-hearted and giving. To know that he gave this interview before even meeting any of us makes me appreciate him even more! Thanks for stopping by .

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
                    Hey Woohoos. I'm hopeless at visual arts, but I just redesigned my website header banner and would love to know what you think. The rest of the site needs some pepping up too, but I'm starting small. Just click over by my name and it will take you there. You can feedback via PM so as not to clog up the thread. Thanks in advance!
                    MoB I thought it looked great . My only comment, and you don't have to take it on board at all (!), would be that the font could do with jazzing up a bit. Have you posted on the art thread? Maybe there would be some more helpful comments over there .

On the t-shirts, I love the idea of each having our own taglines printed. In that case I'd definitely recommend we go with either digital or vinyl print, which means one of the online websites would probably be the cheapest, although I'll get a quote from my printer before so we can compare. With the screen printing process, the more positions you print on, the more colours you use and the more different logos you use the more expensive it gets, !

On the t-shirts themselves, what kind of thing would we like? I'm thinking black definitely, for certain, er, slimming qualities .

Comment

Originally posted by doublecut View Post

*huggles Doublecut* AWESOME interview! And yes, I did freak!!!! We all did

So now something Martin said to me in July makes sense. He said he'd talked about me in a GW interview and I thought he was joking

You've met him, so you know what a genuinely nice man he is. I can't tell you how special he made me feel at SE and on the Set Tour! So kind, so caring, there aren't enough words And Amanda too! Lucky lucky you to have had the opportunity to interview both these wonderful people

Thanks for dropping by, come back soon! *hugs again*

Comment

Ok, so now to what I came in to say before I saw Doublecut's post....

Had a very busy morning already, not helped by the fact that I’ve been awake since 5am when I woke suddenly from this dream…..

I was in a Sanctuary ep, where I was with Magnus and Will, running away from a HUGE rabid dog

Up ahead of us was this graveyard surrounded by railings and with a gate, which was open.

Magnus: Come on! If we can get through the gate and shut it fast enough it’ll stop that beast in its tracks. Then you can breathe on it Jumble!

Me: Huh? Me? Breathe on it?

Magnus: Yes, you know, with your abnormal power you just have to breathe on it and it’ll die instantly!

Me: Huh? What are you talking about?

(We’re all still running like crazy, still pursued by the dog)

Magnus: Didn’t Martin talk you through this part of the script?

Me: Er……. he just said to look scared and run like the hounds of hell were after me, and that Lee wood put the dog in afterwards!

Magnus: Oh I see, up to his usual tricks! If he’d told you there wood be a real rabid dog, wood you have still done it?

Me: Er………

Magnus: He does that to us all the bloody time! Never tells us the whole truth!

Me: Ok, well we can sort that out later. Right now we need to get away from that thing!

(At this point we reached the gate, ran through, and slammed it shut behind us. The dog ran right into the gate and knocked itself out)

Me: Ok, now what?

Magnus: Jumble, just go and breathe in its face, go on!

(I walked warily towards the unconscious dog, not at all happy and definitely not confident of my ‘abnormal power’ As I got close to the dog I took a deep breath and exhaled into it’s face. Then the dog jumped up (scaring the bejeezers out of me ), growled a bit, then rolled over obviously expecting to have it’s tummy rubbed )

Magnus: What the….? That’s not supposed to happen! MARTIN! What’s going on?

At which point I woke up

I suspect it was prompted by Cags’ comment yesterday about not getting a character named after me

And I’ve obviously confused my 3-year-old ………

I was dashing about trying to get four children sorted for a nursery run which I don’t normally do. My laptop was open and the screensaver was on, and as I ran passed it I said “Hello Martin!” because I’m daft like that So 3-year-old pipes up “Where’s Martin? Is he here?” For simplicity I said he was at work. “Did he give you a kiss before he went to work?” Er…….. way to distract me when I really needed to concentrate on what I was doing
                        Last edited by Jumble; 18 October 2010, 04:11 AM.

Comment

Wow, Jumble. Your dream sounds so confusing! But interesting. I'd be terrified, I think.

I love what the child asked you! D'oh!

Originally posted by yessika View Post
                          *huggles Wendy* I don't have wine but I have broccoli *hands over her stash of broccoli*

Hope it helps
                          It helped. Thank you. I didn't sleep well because of the arguments yesterday, but I did sleep some. And I still miss singing. But there's no meetups where I live. Some in places that require two buses to get to, and they're late at night. I can't easily get back. Certainly not safely.

Originally posted by Bekki View Post
                          *dances through thread*

This talk of choirs and singing has led me to a thought. We need an anthem.

We definitely need an anthem...

Hmmm. We dooooo.

EDIT: I think I'm coming down with another cold. Only this one has the feeling it will be a lot worse. Prepares the lemsip. No way am I missing out on seeing John Barrowman in concert tonight.
                          sigpic
                          Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Wow, Jumble. Your dream sounds so confusing! But interesting. I'd be terrified, I think.

I love what the child asked you! D'oh!
                            Yes........ apparently her reasoning was that her daddy always kisses her mummy as he leaves for work, so........ I did try to explain to her that he lives in Canada, which is a very very long way away, and that I don't actually know him well enough to get a kiss goodbye She took it all in, then looked at the pictures on the wall and shrugged her shoulders, obviously not convinced

It helped. Thank you. I didn't sleep well because of the arguments yesterday, but I did sleep some. And I still miss singing. But there's no meetups where I live. Some in places that require two buses to get to, and they're late at night. I can't easily get back. Certainly not safely.
                            That's something you can plan on doing when you pass your test and get your own wheels

Hmmm. We dooooo.

EDIT: I think I'm coming down with another cold. Only this one has the feeling it will be a lot worse. Prepares the lemsip. No way am I missing out on seeing John Barrowman in concert tonight.
                            You're seeing John Barrowman tonight?? Lucky you

Comment

Yes........ apparently her reasoning was that her daddy always kisses her mummy as he leaves for work, so........ I did try to explain to her that he lives in Canada, which is a very very long way away, and that I don't actually know him well enough to get a kiss goodbye She took it all in, then looked at the pictures on the wall and shrugged her shoulders, obviously not convinced
                              Bless her.

That's something you can plan on doing when you pass your test and get your own wheels
                              I hadn't thought of that!!! You're a genius!!!!

You're seeing John Barrowman tonight?? Lucky you
                              Yes, I am. I'd love to take you with me. I like to go to see his concerts when he comes to Nottingham. It's something I'd done since the accident. I don't know why. His concert in Nottingham in 2008 was the first time I'd gone out since the accident, and some friends took me. I've gone ever since. Not sure why but it sticks in my mind.

That and he's fabulous!
                              sigpic
                              Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Bless her.

I hadn't thought of that!!! You're a genius!!!!
                                Of course I am!

Yes, I am. I'd love to take you with me. I like to go to see his concerts when he comes to Nottingham. It's something I'd done since the accident. I don't know why. His concert in Nottingham in 2008 was the first time I'd gone out since the accident, and some friends took me. I've gone ever since. Not sure why but it sticks in my mind.

That and he's fabulous!
                                Oh, I wood LOVE to go and see him! He's so entertaining when I've seen him on tv, and seems like a really nice guy

Comment

Working...
                                X