X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*hugs MoB* My heart breaks.
    *hugs Josi*
    *hugs Bekki*
    *hugs Nad* Because hugging yourself sounds painful!

Originally posted by starlover View Post
    Mwahahaha...Josi, Cags, Jumble, Oma, Amanda, Wendy and Sarai you're on my wall

EDIT: *hugs Josi* That's scary Hope it ends well *crosses fingers*
    On your wall? Yikes.
    sigpic
    Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Hey Woohoos!

Thanks to all who sent hugs and huggles. I really appreciated them. Today was a much better day. Clinic was not too busy and the newbie midwifery students started their clinicals this week... so I get to be the wise-woman preceptor, which kind of cracks me up because it was only a few short years ago that I was brand new and had nothing but years of singing and a lot of motivation in my back pocket. I guess the fake-it-till-you-make-it attitude of the arts served me well because I am now the one with the knowledge to pass on. I still can't decide if that's cool or scary.

Originally posted by yessika View Post
      Morning Woohoos!!

Today is probably going to be a great day

I'm in class and I'm on GW instead of paying attention
      *gasp* Pay attention! No more green for you until you prove you've learned something!

Originally posted by Bekki View Post
      *falls into the thread*

1. EPIC three days My musical has now roughly been written, and it is time to notate the music, and start blocking! Phew...also...exhausted!!!

2. *huggles MoB* Hope work is more friendly to you tomorrow...3. as for your post a couple of days ago, EVERY day is a Glitter and Be Gay day if you ask me Hehehe, I love that song...
      1. YAY! Details, details!

2. Thanks.

3. I know, right? It's my go-to, sing anytime of the day or night piece. It's just so fun. And yes, I am a freak. In the end, I opted for tragedy. It was just my mood. Cleopatra seemed the better choice in that moment.

Extra huggles to Bree and Char. Fingers and toes crossed for you.
      sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

*wanders in singing "glitter and be gay"*

*huggles everyone*

*extra squishy huggles Bree and Char*

Musical details? Ok..um, let's see..

It's a one act musical about a musical. (I know...one of those play within a play things...squick!) The musical the characters are putting on is called The Kings Daughter, a French period piece about an evil viscount who steals the kings daughter in order to take over france. But the hero comes in and saves the day. The leading lady is not a very nice woman and the leading man is very dashing. The leading lady's understudy (meg) falls in lvoe with the leading man (michael) and he with her. His understudy (ike) is also in love with meg. During the openingnumber on opening night, the leading lady falls through the balcony and dies. Her understudy (Meg) takes over the lead role, but people are suspicious as to how the real leading lady died. Her understudy is taken to an underground lair, where she discovers that all the other understudies have banded together to kill all the leads so that they can take over the musical. But so far all they have been doing is planning. They think that Meg murdered the leading lady and they want her to help them with their plan. She tries to refuse but they blackmail her and tell her that that they will tell the police she murdered the leading lady unless she helps them. A policelady investigates the death and starts to uncover the understudies' master plan, so they decide to go through with it early, and kill the police lady as well. there is an epic murder scene...with viscount's understudy kills the viscount, another swing (ensemble understudy) kills the police lady, Ike tries to kill Michael, but can't because he knows that meg loves him and wouldnt be able to live with breaking her heart like that. The leader of the swings calls him weak and kills michael himself. Meg goes into a vengeful rage and brutallly stabs the leader of the swings for killing michael. pretty much, everyone except the three leading understudies die...then, they go to put on the show, now that they've won, and the director introduces them to their new understudies...and that's where it ends...

very...er...bloody...
        sigpic

Comment

*huggles Josi*

Originally posted by Valerie_Jackson View Post
          *bounces in*

Hiya!

*Huggles Woohoos*
          *Extras Huggles those who really need it*

I have some of the best RL friends EVER!

Some of them just dropped by to wish me a happy (day early) birthday! I got an awesome card, some cute balloons, and a bag of chewy candies (my fave)
          *Huggles RL!Friends*

*Huggles Woohoos some more*
          *Bounces out*
          Oh how cool and Happy Birthday!! (I know is early but I might not see you later)

*squishy huggles*

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
          Hey Woohoos!

Thanks to all who sent hugs and huggles. I really appreciated them. Today was a much better day. Clinic was not too busy and the newbie midwifery students started their clinicals this week... so I get to be the wise-woman preceptor, which kind of cracks me up because it was only a few short years ago that I was brand new and had nothing but years of singing and a lot of motivation in my back pocket. I guess the fake-it-till-you-make-it attitude of the arts served me well because I am now the one with the knowledge to pass on. I still can't decide if that's cool or scary.

*gasp* Pay attention! No more green for you until you prove you've learned something!
          But procrastinating is more fun than paying attention

1. YAY! Details, details!

2. Thanks.

3. I know, right? It's my go-to, sing anytime of the day or night piece. It's just so fun. And yes, I am a freak. In the end, I opted for tragedy. It was just my mood. Cleopatra seemed the better choice in that moment.

Extra huggles to Bree and Char. Fingers and toes crossed for you.
          Cleopatra?

Cool!!

Edit: Bekki, that musical sounds amazing!
          Last edited by yessika; 23 September 2010, 06:57 PM.
          sigpic
          Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

MoB...you make me want to get out my opera books...

...hmmm...Martin has never had an aria written for him...
            sigpic

Comment

*huggles everyone*

<snipped for length>

very...er...bloody...
              Ha! That sounds awesome Bekki! I can't wait to hear more about it. Have you seen "The Drowsy Chaperone"?

Originally posted by yessika View Post
              *huggles Josi*

Oh how cool and [B][COLOR="purple"]

1. But procrastinating is more fun than paying attention

2. Cleopatra?

Cool!!
              1. I know, I know. Just learn something, will ya?

2. Cleopatra:

MoB...you make me want to get out my opera books...

...hmmm...Martin has never had an aria written for him...
              Hehe. I'm a good singer, but a crappy composer. Maybe parody lyrics to "Glitter and be Gay"?

ETA: Bekki: You write 'em, I'll sing it as the encore at my S4K cabaret benefit that I'm planning...
              Last edited by MidwifeOnBoard; 24 September 2010, 03:26 AM.
              sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Happy Birthday,
                Valerie
                !!!

Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

*huggles everyone*

It's a one act musical about a musical. (I know...one of those play within a play things...squick!) The musical the characters are putting on is called The Kings Daughter, a French period piece about an evil viscount who steals the kings daughter in order to take over france. But the hero comes in and saves the day. The leading lady is not a very nice woman and the leading man is very dashing. The leading lady's understudy (meg) falls in lvoe with the leading man (michael) and he with her. His understudy (ike) is also in love with meg. During the openingnumber on opening night, the leading lady falls through the balcony and dies. Her understudy (Meg) takes over the lead role, but people are suspicious as to how the real leading lady died. Her understudy is taken to an underground lair, where she discovers that all the other understudies have banded together to kill all the leads so that they can take over the musical. But so far all they have been doing is planning. They think that Meg murdered the leading lady and they want her to help them with their plan. She tries to refuse but they blackmail her and tell her that that they will tell the police she murdered the leading lady unless she helps them. A policelady investigates the death and starts to uncover the understudies' master plan, so they decide to go through with it early, and kill the police lady as well. there is an epic murder scene...with viscount's understudy kills the viscount, another swing (ensemble understudy) kills the police lady, Ike tries to kill Michael, but can't because he knows that meg loves him and wouldnt be able to live with breaking her heart like that. The leader of the swings calls him weak and kills michael himself. Meg goes into a vengeful rage and brutallly stabs the leader of the swings for killing michael. pretty much, everyone except the three leading understudies die...then, they go to put on the show, now that they've won, and the director introduces them to their new understudies...and that's where it ends...

very...er...bloody...
                  You know which line I find most interesting there Bekki?

"and the director introduces them to their new understudies..."

Sounds like it's going to be great fun to do

Comment

*hugs WooHoos*

Bekki, that musical sounds very cool.

Originally posted by m_wendy_r View Post
                    *hugs Nad* Because hugging yourself sounds painful!
                    Meh. Training.
                    Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                    Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Morning WooHoo's

Happy Birthday Valerie!!!!

Bekki the musical sounds great. Have fun!
                      *waves to jumble and Nad and Wendy*
                      sigpic

Comment

made this while waiting for doctors appointment

sorry for double post-thread is quiet
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wine_buyer View Post
                          made this while waiting for doctors appointment

http://i792.photobucket.com/albums/y...e_sleepers.jpg

sorry for double post-thread is quiet
                          That is seriously beautiful! I love the sig art you guys do. So cool.

Just got back from a run. Endorphin flood in 3...2...1...........
                          sigpic

Comment

Happy Birthday Valerie!
                            sigpic
                            My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Ooh!

Happy Birthday Valerie!

sigpic

Comment

Happy birthday, valerie!!!

MoB - I love Drowsy Chaperone! Especially Mrs Tottendale, she's so cute!

*spies jumble and huggles*
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X