• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lovely pics!!
    sigpic Martin Rocks!!

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
      1. Annoyingly though it's starting to creep in - next year they're going to be splitting Doctor Who into two half-seasons with a mid-season cliffhanger. Presumably it's still only going to be the 12 episodes as usual, which means having two stupidly short runs and a huge gap in between I was not impressed to learn the Beeb were borrowing that particular American TV convention

2. Hmm, there's a challenge... will have to think about that...
      1. OMG rly? For your short seasons it makes even LESS sense!

2. Any suggestions are welcome. I'm usually a good programmer, but this being such a personal program has given me a sort of writer's block with this.

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post

MOB, I'll have a think but are you doing a mix of different kinds of music or trying to stick to one feel? How about a bit of Joni Mitchell <snipped for space>

You know, thinking about it, you're pretty much only ever going to get folksy / countryish song recs from me.
      Thanks for the suggestions! And folky stuff is great! I adore folk, I grew up on it. (Hence the Mary Travers song ) My mom was always sitting around the house with her guitar playing all sorts of great 60s/70s folk music. Mom:
      Spoiler:

Originally posted by llp View Post
      Oh, and I am glad to help out all you AT neophites..... Just remember, if you are feeling a little lonely in between or after any of it.... head for the lobby to the left of the desk. We seemed to camp out there a lot. And afterwards, check the bar!
      Ha! Love it.

Originally posted by Oma-1 View Post
      *dances in*
      *twirls*
      *huggles everyone*

Naomi starts school on Monday

*hugs the school's headteacher*

I don't know what strings he pulled, but suddenly, she's in

*runz to put child in question in bed*

Back later for a proper catch up!
      OMG Congrats! I was watching a documentary on the British school system when I was in France, so I can kind of imagine now just what this might mean for you.

Originally posted by clairec007 View Post
      All this talk about drinks...can only say one thing...no Gabit convention is ever without Blue Jello shots (might have to add your own alcohol)!!!
      Sweet.

Sometimes I think the only exercise my one cat gets is waking up and moving to whatever room I happen to be in....then promply going back to sleep!
      Too true. My babies are doing that right now:
      Spoiler:
      Hindu:

Kali:

Kali has actually been glued to my side since I got back from Paris.
      sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

I am here Laurie but I keep having to help customers. It gets busy on Wine Tasting nights.
        Gads! It's only 5:15 Will 8:00 never come?
        sigpic

Comment

Forget about wine, go for a glass of bubbly, then you can have the rest for a "champagne breakfast" at 5am, that way if you can't sleep, makes staying up more fun!

ps I'm up at 5.40 have to go into work tomorrow...but at least its double pay

That works

I'm envious of your double pay. No, really, hope your shift doesn't suck!
          sigpic
          Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Originally posted by Sarai View Post
            The pics Laurie sent me in the post - an awesome present to come home to after work, can't thank you enough . Please excuse me, can't be bothered to turn them around at the moment but will do later !
            Fabulous pics! What a lovely gift she sent you.
            sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Aw! Sarai that picture of you and Jumble is sweet.
              The one with you and Amanda isn't too bad either.
              sigpic

Comment

Awesome pictures Sarai!

*huggles Lauri for being Awesome*

All this talk about drinks...can only say one thing...no Gabit convention is ever without Blue Jello shots (might have to add your own alcohol)!!!

Ah jello shots! Apparently, that's my thing. It's got so I can't have a party without making them now. It's obligatory. Lime for tequila, raspberry for vodka. Personally I prefer the voddy ones since they don't stink the fridge out and make me heave when I open it the next morning. I will, definitely, make some for AT5. Definitely definitely.

Originally posted by thesecretcylon View Post
                Jelly + vodka Mix them up, freeze them and then gulp gulp gulp.

*sad sigh*

Yep. Yep.

Originally posted by wine_buyer View Post
                My headaches have been getting worse by the day and that can only mean one thing...I won't have to worry about that time of the month wehn I go to Disney on the 26th.
                Aw *huggles*

But good news I suppose. Nothing worse than having to deal with that on holiday.
                I was spot on about mine too. It was with much relief that Aunti Flo turned up this morning and I stopped that feeling liek I wanted to rip people's head off and crap down their necks. So it was straight on the good stuff (pain relief, chocolate, wine... ) and the hot wheat pillow to hand this morning. Sometimes I feel like such a wimp about it but then I have to remind myself not to be a martyr and hit hard and early because it's that or really suffer.

Well, they have the chocolate party on Sat afternoon. Anyone can bring chocolate (should note if they contain peanuts (or peanut oil) for those who have to be careful! And anyone can come and eat it. Was in the lobby in an offshoot room.
                Sounds like my kind of party. I never met a chocolate I didn't like...

*thinks...*

Actually, not overly keen on white chocolate, now I think about it. Give me Bournville any day (or better still Green & Blacks 70%).

Oma Oh well done Naomi! That's great news. Must be a relief for you.

What is going on....recently, every time I post the site goes silent. Hey I showered!
                Doesn't anyone have anything to say or comment on......it's like talking to my cat except she ....no wait she falls asleep.

Oh to be a cat, eh!

Well, I am hitting the cheap cava here tonight, celebrating my little man who has finally embraced the joys of the potty and is weeing like a pro...well, ok, yes, then he's emptying the pot into the toilet and, er, pouring it everywhere but, hey, I can live with that if it means no more daytime nappies! No accidents all week... not one! I'm cautiously optimistic that we've cracked it. The final piece of the puzzle was pre-school, who have been fab with him and where there's the added incentive of seeing other children doing it that way. I was really worried going to pre-school would set him back the little progress we'd made in the last few weeks but, ah it's been the opposite. And a week in and I feel completely happy and comfortable with the care he's getting there... and to think I was sobbing my heart out on Monday at having to leave him there. Numpty!

Anyone for a virtual glass of Cava?

*pours round*

sigpic

Comment

Gorgeous fur babies MOB
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
                    Gorgeous fur babies MOB
                    Thanks!
                    sigpic

Comment

Oops, I just missed a 969 post. Yeah for me! Hey Wendy, pour me a glass too. Since Jumble is here that means I can drink too!

I wasn't actually here. I went upstairs to watch Medium and promptly fell asleep

Laurie, could you email me that pic of me and Sarai please? Thanks

And now I'm going back to sleep. WoodNight WooHoos *hugs*

Comment

Woodnight Jumble... blimey early night for you. *huggles* Sweet dreams. I mean that.
                        sigpic

Comment

I'm off to bed, too! After I hand Laurie a glass of wine, of course!

WoodNight. I get six hours sleep if I go now! *prays for sleep*
                          sigpic
                          Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

*happy dances for Oma and Naomi* Awesome news, really pleased and relieved for you

*happy dances for Cags and Benjabubs* WTG Ben!

Jello shots... chocolate... AT5 is sounding awesomer and awesomer! Bring it on!!!

Sarai and Laurie, those pictures are fab!

I have one hour and 3 minutes left of my twenties...
                            sigpic
                            Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

*squishy huggles Josi* But you might get the best birthday present ever

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post

I have one hour and 3 minutes left of my twenties...
                                OMG Happy Birthday!!

Welcome to a better decade!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X