The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by josiane View Post
    *puts hands on hips* Excuse me! I'm a true Cadbury, I'll have you know... takes a glass and a half

Originally posted by jumble View Post
    That's a very dangerous thing to say around here! You could be setting yourself up for a WooHoo Invasion

Oh, just got confirmation of the Cottage booking! *happy dance* That's it now - you're all committed
    I welcome it... I am not afraid.... *backs away slowly*

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
    Sweet! Bring it. Of course, I'm a lightweight, so I'll have to be careful, lol.

Good luck at the docs! I'm looking forward to when they start jabbing us at work. I'm going to have to start jabbing my patients soon too.

Oh good, a sister in lightweightness. http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x125/MidwifeonBoard/emoticons/italiamac_cocktail.gif[/IMG]

It feels like fall outside. It's lovely! After this summer, I'm changing my favorite season to fall. Of course, once I move to the PNW, I may end up changing it back.
    We'll all look out for each other Don't worry *giggles* This is gonna be soooo much fun
    sigpic
    Big thanks to josi for avi and sig

Comment

Sweet! Bring it. Of course, I'm a lightweight, so I'll have to be careful, lol.
      Oh good, a sister in lightweightness. http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x...c_cocktail.gif
      *hi-fives MoB*

Just because I don't like to drag myself away from my Sanctuary dvds just to get a refill.............
      You know, that would work better if I didn't know perfectly well that you get refills anyway...

*happy dances with Josiane* Less than a year away now

I wonder if I have room for yet another countdown under my sig
      sigpic
      Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Yes, exactly. We are totally hyper-aware of network programming politics here in the US. It's a big part of the tv culture (which I am trying to watch less of!) here. AND Syfy has pulled some programming stunts that have really hurt some great shows (like BSG) in the past. Makes me wary of anything they do. Especially the splitting seasons in half thing.
        And I guess seeing other shows you like suffer because they've been jerked around is bound to make you wary about a network's intentions too.

Don't even start me on the splitting seasons thing. I just. Don't. Get. It. Not at all. if anything, I'm more likely to lose interest because of it that if its done... and it forces the writers to have a mid season two parter/cliffhanger because, without that you (the viewer) don't have a reason to come back after the hiatus. I thin the big thing with that is length of the seasons; over here most of our series are anywhere from 6 to 15 episodes long. No time for a hiatus as a rule and we don't have that thing where we have a "season" where the all start at about the same time; new things crop up all through the year.

Not that TV channels here are much better; they move programmes about all the time and it's so frustrating! And BBC are terrible at postponing absolutely everything in favour os any kind of sporting event whatsoever... honestly, they'd take everything bar Eastenders off air for the national tiddlywinks championships live from Chipping Ongar.

Originally posted by Devilish Me View Post
        I'm wondering, should I bring our national drink in February for all of you to try? But I'm not sure you're gonna like it cause it's very... I don't know the word... I guess it qualifies as hard liquor? And I see that all of you drink wine, so... if you'd like, I will bring it.
        Meh, wrong quote but...

Would you be very surprised if I said, yes, I have tried it. Tasted a bit like Archers (peach schnapps) if I recall, but not so sweet and... rougher.

I do have a tiny bit of this left. Please note, 85% ABV (alcohol by volume, not proof because there's a significant difference ), there there's a note on the label saying "caution - dilute with water to drink".... er, not best served with or anything... caution...
        This is the stuff that I put in the punch that stripped the varnish of my friend's floor.
        Since then, I won't touch the stuff myself - except once when all I wanted was oblivion and it does that well enough - but anyone who wants to try it is welcome to relieve me of the last dregs of that bottle.
        sigpic

Comment

I have to go get some stuff done this morning (I did my run, now got to check off the rest of my to do list!) But i was wondering if I could pick y'all's brains a bit?

I think I've mentioned here before that I am trying to put together a cabaret show to do a fundraiser for S4K here in NYC. It came out of me falling in love with the charity and my teacher suggesting I put together a program on the theme of helping to give life to others and giving life to your dreams. (Obv based on my own journey as a midwife and as a performer). However, I've been a little stumped for songs. I've got a whole THREE. *sigh* Blitzstein's "I wish it so", Mary Travers' version of "Single Girl" and "Gently Little Boat" from Stravinsky's The Rake's Progress. I need about 50-60 minutes worth of music, so there you have ~10! Any suggestions on that theme? I know you are a creative bunch, so I thought I'd see what you might have to offer. Thanks in advance.

We'll all look out for each other Don't worry *giggles* This is gonna be soooo much fun
          Excellent!

Have a great day WooHoos! *huggles all* See you later.
          sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
            And I guess seeing other shows you like suffer because they've been jerked around is bound to make you wary about a network's intentions too.

Don't even start me on the splitting seasons thing. I just. Don't. Get. It. Not at all. if anything, I'm more likely to lose interest because of it that if its done... and it forces the writers to have a mid season two parter/cliffhanger because, without that you (the viewer) don't have a reason to come back after the hiatus. I thin the big thing with that is length of the seasons; over here most of our series are anywhere from 6 to 15 episodes long. No time for a hiatus as a rule and we don't have that thing where we have a "season" where the all start at about the same time; new things crop up all through the year.
            Annoyingly though it's starting to creep in - next year they're going to be splitting Doctor Who into two half-seasons with a mid-season cliffhanger. Presumably it's still only going to be the 12 episodes as usual, which means having two stupidly short runs and a huge gap in between I was not impressed to learn the Beeb were borrowing that particular American TV convention

Would you be very surprised if I said, yes, I have tried it. Tasted a bit like Archers (peach schnapps) if I recall, but not so sweet and... rougher.

I do have a tiny bit of this left. Please note, 85% ABV (alcohol by volume, not proof because there's a significant difference ), there there's a note on the label saying "caution - dilute with water to drink".... er, not best served with or anything... caution...
            This is the stuff that I put in the punch that stripped the varnish of my friend's floor.
            Since then, I won't touch the stuff myself - except once when all I wanted was oblivion and it does that well enough - but anyone who wants to try it is welcome to relieve me of the last dregs of that bottle.

I have to go get some stuff done this morning (I did my run, now got to check off the rest of my to do list!) But i was wondering if I could pick y'all's brains a bit?

I think I've mentioned here before that I am trying to put together a cabaret show to do a fundraiser for S4K here in NYC. It came out of me falling in love with the charity and my teacher suggesting I put together a program on the theme of helping to give life to others and giving life to your dreams. (Obv based on my own journey as a midwife and as a performer). However, I've been a little stumped for songs. I've got a whole THREE. *sigh* Blitzstein's "I wish it so", Mary Travers' version of "Single Girl" and "Gently Little Boat" from Stravinsky's The Rake's Progress. I need about 50-60 minutes worth of music, so there you have ~10! Any suggestions on that theme? I know you are a creative bunch, so I thought I'd see what you might have to offer. Thanks in advance.
            Hmm, there's a challenge... will have to think about that...
            sigpic

Comment

Annoyingly though it's starting to creep in - next year they're going to be splitting Doctor Who into two half-seasons with a mid-season cliffhanger. Presumably it's still only going to be the 12 episodes as usual, which means having two stupidly short runs and a huge gap in between I was not impressed to learn the Beeb were borrowing that particular American TV convention

Hmm, there's a challenge... will have to think about that...
              WTF really? I can just about (and I say just) cope with the US ones when they have FULL seasons but 6 eps then a break? It's ridiculous! (Though nothing is as ridiculous as last seasons Lie To Me. It started maybe November, aired about 6 episodes and had about a 6 month break, came back in June and has yet to air its final episode!!!)

Comment

I hate GW's perpetually broken multiquote function.

She hides it well - years of practise

Drunks? Us? I fear you are labouring under a misapprehension. We like a tipple, yes, but most of us can't seriously be called drunks! Josiane has been known to fall asleep after half a glass of wine........ Laurie only drinks when she's with me and Sarai (so she says ) Sarai drinks like a fish but fiercely denies it and usually blames me

Wendy always appears drunk, even if all she's had is lemonade

And me? Well yes, I do like the odd bottle glass of wine now and then, it's true. But I usually only get 'drunk' when I'm upset or just pissed off......... it's not like it's a regular occurence! Most of the time I'm just merry

Oh looook!! There's Martin.....

<lazy snip>

Nope, not distracted.

*puts hands on hips* Excuse me! I'm a true Cadbury, I'll have you know... takes a glass and a half

Originally posted by XFchemist View Post
                oh well..I said that I just tried it
                I also tried the Romanian version (palinka)...it seems that every foreign student that came in our University had to bring the national drink with him
                No, haven't tried that one.

*schedules trip to Romania to try it*

MOB, I'll have a think but are you doing a mix of different kinds of music or trying to stick to one feel? How about a bit of Joni Mitchell (Both sides now or Blue... I love both those songs) or even a guy's song with a new spin or some folk/traditional stuff in a new arrangement (something like this) or you could always fall back onto good old Sarah Mclachlan stuff. Your voice would suit some of her earlier stuff like Vox... oh if only Amanda would drag her over with her for AT5... then I'd be in heaven.

You know, thinking about it, you're pretty much only ever going to get folksy / countryish song recs from me.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thesecretcylon View Post
                  WTF really? I can just about (and I say just) cope with the US ones when they have FULL seasons but 6 eps then a break? It's ridiculous! (Though nothing is as ridiculous as last seasons Lie To Me. It started maybe November, aired about 6 episodes and had about a 6 month break, came back in June and has yet to air its final episode!!!)
                  Yes, really. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-11124783

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thesecretcylon View Post

Oh I know! I really like Lie To Me for all sorts of reasons and i missed half the flipping season because they kept chopping it about. I expect no better off of Sky tbh. I was so irritated when I turned on last night for what I thought was a season finale to find it was a mid season episode... fortuitously for me, one of the ones I'd missed when they were jerking us around with it before. If they do that to a series early on before fans have had a chance to get to appreciate it, they can kill it becuase people can't be bothered to chase all over to find out when its on.

Oh tell me that's not true?

EDIT: it is. Why?
                    sigpic

Comment

Oh I know! I really like Lie To Me for all sorts of reasons and i missed half the flipping season because they kept chopping it about. I expect no better off of Sky tbh. I was so irritated when I turned on last night for what I thought was a season finale to find it was a mid season episode... fortuitously for me, one of the ones I'd missed when they were jerking us around with it before. If they do that to a series early on before fans have had a chance to get to appreciate it, they can kill it becuase people can't be bothered to chase all over to find out when its on.

Oh tell me that's not true?

EDIT: it is. Why?
                      I thought that the first half of the series was a lot weaker than season 1 but the second half really pulled it around. (They were confirmed for a third series during their break and it kinda surprised me as it'd been weak but now I'm very glad )

Comment

Drunks? Us? I fear you are labouring under a misapprehension. We like a tipple, yes, but most of us can't seriously be called drunks! Josiane has been known to fall asleep after half a glass of wine........ Laurie only drinks when she's with me and Sarai (so she says ) Sarai drinks like a fish but fiercely denies it and usually blames me
                        Lies...it's all lies!!

Oh, just got confirmation of the Cottage booking! *happy dance* That's it now - you're all committed
                        Woohood!!

Yes, I reacted in much the same way. Some serious ffing and blinding. We are most certianly not amused.

Comment

I welcome it... I am not afraid.... *backs away slowly*

See if you can still say that after AT5

*hi-fives MoB*

You know, that would work better if I didn't know perfectly well that you get refills anyway...
                          Oh that's so not true! As if I wood miss a second of Sanctuary just get more wine

I always press the 'pause' button

I'm sure we can relieve you of that. I mean, we woodn't want you to be forced to drink it yourself

But adding water??? Isn't that illegal??

I hate GW's perpetually broken multiquote function.

Nope, not distracted.
                          No? But there were hands.......

Um.... how about these....

Comment

But adding water??? Isn't that illegal??
                            In this case, I suspect not adding water might result in hospitalisation and an entry on the liver transplant list.

Uh... *stares*... what were you saying again...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sarai View Post
                              Lies...it's all lies!!

See? In denial

Woohood!!

Yes, I reacted in much the same way. Some serious ffing and blinding. We are most certianly not amused.
                              As you know, I'm not a DW fan, but I can still sympathize

And I bet they'll split S3 of Sanctuary as well

The long break is why I stopped watching SGU (as well as the fact that they brought Rush back too soon for me). I just lost interest and couldn't pick it back up. I have all the second half eps recorded, so I may watch them someday. Maybe.

Comment

*interrupts important discussion*

it's MOVING DAY!!! WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOO

My current roommate is suddenly nice now...she even proposed to help me move out! *snort*
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X